Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LET US DISABLE AUTO MELEE FUNCTION PLEASE

catreal

Hmm, I was under the impression it would be a toggle, but I can't find it in the options.

Anyway, I agree, it would be nice to have a toggle, especially when it doesn't seem to work properly.

When you try to execute a block/forward block combo from any other, you will just stop attacking, unless in the melee stance

• Like 6

Ah, another forced change with no option to opt out just to please the approaching phone users. Expecting a reduction in mob size at some point.
At least highlighting enemies you can opt out of, obviously made for phone users with tiny screen also released together.

Void dash and the backlash they received for it and still receive for it is a great example of another thing changed in the game to cater to phone users while giving everyone else no choice but to accept the oversimplified downgrade. Frustrating.

Edited by wizardeiges
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Hmm, I was under the impression it would be a toggle, but I can't find it in the options.

Anyway, I agree, it would be nice to have a toggle, especially when it doesn't seem to work properly.

When you try to execute a block/forward block combo from any other, you will just stop attacking, unless in the melee stance

Seems like they had to decide between that button staying "Aim equipped ranged weapon" or that being overridden by the blocking combos when in the middle of auto-melee.  If so, I can't say they made a bad decision between the two.   Automelee works fine when initiating combos from block/aim, or going from block/block forward to static or forward, just not the other direction. 

It took a little bit for me to understand the difference in transitions, but I didn't find it too disruptive after that.  I suspect  I'll forget all about it in a day or two, around the same time my muscle memory gets adusted to automelee in general.

Anyway, I don't think I need it, but I don't object to a toggle,

14 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Seems like they had to decide between that button staying "Aim equipped ranged weapon" or that being overridden by the blocking combos when in the middle of auto-melee.  If so, I can't say they made a bad decision between the two.   Automelee works fine when initiating combos from block/aim, or going from block/block forward to static or forward, just not the other direction. 

It took a little bit for me to understand the difference in transitions, but I didn't find it too disruptive after that.  I suspect  I'll forget all about it in a day or two, around the same time my muscle memory gets adusted to automelee in general.

Anyway, I don't think I need it, but I don't object to a toggle,

Hm. If it was actually considered, I guess I’m slightly mollified; I guess a toggle seemed so obvious I wasn’t thinking it wouldn’t be implemented. And will need to test anyways to see how it really feels.

Fundamental changes for what feels like the sake of the standard player are a sore spot. Introduce a mod for automelee? Fine. Change a fundamental aspect that I have no say over because it’s baked into the game itself? That raises eyebrows, because the player norm is not a fun game, so if that’s being chased, I’ll have to permanently set Warframe aside eventually

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If it was actually considered, I guess I’m slightly mollified; I guess a toggle seemed so obvious I wasn’t thinking it wouldn’t be implemented. And will need to test anyways to see how it really feels.

I've only tested it with a few weapons now.  But so far it feels for me like "don't hold the melee button down" is a sufficient toggle.  I can't rule out I feel differently as I explore more weapons though.

edit: I just tried Primed Fury / Quickening Warcry Nami Skyla with Crossing Snakes.  It's fine with automelee. Brutal Tide Prisma Obex with the same setup and and attack speed riven is fine too.  I could push it further, but I consider those are about as high as I'd ever choose to go on the "stupid fast melee" scale.

Another one to try is Ceti Lacera.  I have an attack speed riven for it, and I use the forward block combo a lot.  In the Simulacrum it seems fine, but that's a test that might feel different on a real map.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've only tested it with a few weapons now.  But so far it feels for me like "don't hold the melee button down" is a sufficient toggle.  I can't rule out I feel differently as I explore more weapons though.

Having tried it a little, it’s making me think I can either be more considered with my clicks, or just hold.

Hm. In a weird way, I feel disincentivised to rapid click because I now have the option to just hold if I want to be so unconcerned with how I click

edit: Glaives are still weird like they have been for a while and I can’t stop accidentally throwing them while swinging. Not sure if bug or if I’m doing something wrong

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hm. In a weird way, I feel disincentivised to rapid click because I now have the option to just hold if I want to be so unconcerned with how I click

Doesn't seem weird to me.  And it's probably better for your finger, hand, wrist, and whatever button you're using.

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Doesn't seem weird to me.  And it's probably better for your finger, hand, wrist, and whatever button you're using.

Poking around in the Simulacrum, the change feels almost invisible. You mentioned earlier that there was some things you’ll have to adjust your muscle memory for? I didn’t quite understand what you were referring to and would like to test that as well

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Poking around in the Simulacrum, the change feels almost invisible. You mentioned earlier that there was some things you’ll have to adjust your muscle memory for? I didn’t quite understand what you were referring to and would like to test that as well

Mostly just my tendency to hammer the melee button when I no longer need to do that full time.  Secondarily the inability to switch from non-block combos to block combos without letting go of the melee button.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Mostly just my tendency to hammer the melee button when I no longer need to do that full time.  Secondarily the inability to switch from non-block combos to block combos without letting go of the melee button.

Ahh, I think I see. With the automelee we still have to let go to switch from non-block to block combos

toggle is required. i just became soft locked because of auto melee. i was downed well swinging a melee attack, when i used last gasp i become stuck in operator using void blast (removed operator melee input ability) till my operator was killed, as i could not cast abilities, enter void mode or use my amp.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

toggle is required. i just became soft locked because of auto melee. i was downed well swinging a melee attack, when i used last gasp i become stuck in operator using void blast (removed operator melee input ability) till my operator was killed, as i could not cast abilities, enter void mode or use my amp.

I mean, if they're going to add a toggle to fix a bug, I say they should just go ahead and add a master toggle that deactivates ALL the bugs.  :P

2 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Switching from neutral combo to block neutral combo requires me to completely stop attacking first.

You can switch seamlessly in melee-only mode.  In quick melee block and aim share a button, so one or the other wasn't going to work without changing more things around.

One thing I wish about it though is that the aim was instant, or at least closer to it.  Part of what makes it feel clunky is the  pause while finishing a long combo before the camera zooms in.

10 hours ago, Mazifet said:

just don't hold e. they're not forcing you to use it

Exodia Contagion (among other issues players have posted here) has strange behavior with auto melee. It's not as clear cut as "don't use it".

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

You can switch seamlessly in melee-only mode.  In quick melee block and aim share a button, so one or the other wasn't going to work without changing more things around.

One thing I wish about it though is that the aim was instant, or at least closer to it.  Part of what makes it feel clunky is the  pause while finishing a long combo before the camera zooms in.

Thanks I'll try it out.

On 2023-10-19 at 5:05 AM, Voltage said:

Exodia Contagion (among other issues players have posted here) has strange behavior with auto melee. It's not as clear cut as "don't use it".

the way Contagion works has always been very weird and frankly annoying anyways. i'd rather it was any Melee attack after a Bullet/Double Jump would trigger it and throw it, and Contagion just got like a 5 Second Cooldown or something.
that would also allow throwing the Projectile at more angles than we are currently too(by any Melee i really mean any), so i'd consider that a buff in a way. 

Hold casting ability often will trigger unwanted auto melee,  Melee button and third ability uses same button.  If melee key is registered before R! is pressed which happen quite often. 

Edited by wwav10