The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kavat nerf? please no!

Vaml77

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Malikili:

Charm simply does too much for a single ability

Other pets have their limitation put into multiple abilities which take up multiple mod slots, whereas charm just takes up a single mod slot, and does like 10 different things. 

just not. Way too random and only limited to a few missions. You also need a booster + small buff for useful performance.
but then I can play the lottery in real life. makes more sense.

But Sentinel shoots non-stop and can even polish the face of SP Elite opponents solo. In the end it's all about kills per minute. and because sentinels can no longer die, they currently dominate.
Damage with pimped wisp buffs is impressive.

And let's not forget that AOE weapons were nerfed with ridiculous nerfs. Therefore, constant single target damage plays a major role.

25 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

just not. Way too random and only limited to a few missions. You also need a booster + small buff for useful performance.

The fact that they stacked is what gets me. Unstackable sure, but the fact that you can have free shield+free energy+Red Crits+extra resource is a whole lot more than a simple mod for sentinels that MAKES them attack. Sentinels can’t attack WITHOUT the mod (unless the changed it Edit: Nope it can’t attack without a mod making it attack) So really the Smeeta has another bonus with that logic, constantly being able to fight without a mod. 

But Sentinel shoots non-stop and can even polish the face of SP Elite opponents solo

Yea no, that was a bug they can’t do any damage to SP Elite. Any other examples?

In the end it's all about kills per minute. and because sentinels can no longer die, they currently dominate.
Damage with pimped wisp buffs is impressive.

I have never seen any pets able to nuke any SP elite enemies without it being a bug… so if we are talking about kills per minute, then they all place last. 

And let's not forget that AOE weapons were nerfed with ridiculous nerfs. Therefore, constant single target damage plays a major role.

When I use Taxon it seems to attack the closest enemy first. Though that’s probably just me. Constant single damage is good, but killing loads of enemies still stands. Even if AOE weapons might no be completely busted anymore, hitting multi targets is still great. (Even if you use a single target weapon to mow down multiple). Though I don’t know what this has to do with anything.

Edited by Malikili
Edit

On 2023-10-29 at 1:55 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Frankly Charm simply doesn't belong here in the first place. What were they thinking? At this point they probably should just make it universal too all kinds of companion, instead of losing out the free boosters as a player.

If they did this, you would very shortly find all future grinds require 2-3x the amount that they would have before, because everything would have to be made with the expectation of Charm being present. 

This is, incidentally, why Charm is getting nerfed in the first place, because the only reason why not-everyone was using Smeeta pre-patch was because keeping companions alive was annoying. Now that that isn't the case, they would have to design grinds with Smeeta's presence in mind, or make all grinds based off of things that Smeeta can't boost, like end of mission rewards or something, limiting design space.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Karyst said:

Did say nerf or change how it works?

Beyond Rebecca saying "Charm will be getting a change in how it works" I don't think they've said anything specific.  Pablo used the words "nerf Smeeta" in the previous devstream a few times, in a humorous way.  One could argue that it's only that: a joke.  But IMO he's preparing us for a nerf.

To me it's just a question of minor or major nerf, or maybe a radical change into something else.  And whether it's just the resource boost that gets targeted.   I can readily see some aspects of Charm getting buffed.  Both because they're underwhelming, and to make the pill go down easier.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Malikili:

1The fact that they stacked is what gets me. Unstackable sure, but the fact that you can have free shield+free energy+Red Crits+extra resource is a whole lot more than a simple mod for sentinels that MAKES them attack. Sentinels can’t attack WITHOUT the mod (unless the changed it Edit: Nope it can’t attack without a mod making it attack) So really the Smeeta has another bonus with that logic, constantly being able to fight without a mod. 

2Yea no, that was a bug they can’t do any damage to SP Elite. Any other examples?

3I have never seen any pets able to nuke any SP elite enemies without it being a bug… so if we are talking about kills per minute, then they all place last. 

4When I use Taxon it seems to attack the closest enemy first. Though that’s probably just me. Constant single damage is good, but killing loads of enemies still stands. Even if AOE weapons might no be completely busted anymore, hitting multi targets is still great. (Even if you use a single target weapon to mow down multiple). Though I don’t know what this has to do with anything.

1 Great. bunch of buffs while you only need one of them. It couldn't be more pointless.

2 verglas still does hardcore damage. I don't even want to know what you're talking about here.

3 what kind of bug???????????????? simply good mods and buffs from Warframe

4 I play with carrier prime so that Ogris gets the ammunition somehow. taxon has nothing to offer?! AND! aoe weapons were ruined. I only play with unlimited ammo at the moment (AOE Mele + Multitarget Beam Secondary). If I have ammo, pimped ogris is used.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

1 Great. bunch of buffs while you only need one of them. It couldn't be more pointless.

I’m not talking about what buff is considered “useless” in your book, I’m talking about too much buffs smushed into one mod. They can be broken apart. Seems better and works for everyone. Pick and choose your buffs and all. 

22 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

2 verglas still does hardcore damage. I don't even want to know what you're talking about here.

I would love actual proof of that. Give me a reason to use verglas for more than just status priming. And by “Hardcore” I’m talking about your previously mentioned “Elite SP” mobs. Say Steel Path Corrupted Grineer Gunner? I would love if it does do damage. Preferably no riven too, I would love to use it. 

24 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

3 what kind of bug???????????????? simply good mods and buffs from Warframe

Bug with sentinel weapons being absolutely cracked with fire rate. Making them deal huge chunks of damage very fast. 

4 I play with carrier prime so that Ogris gets the ammunition somehow. taxon has nothing to offer?! AND! aoe weapons were ruined. I only play with unlimited ammo at the moment (AOE Mele + Multitarget Beam Secondary). If I have ammo, pimped ogris is used.

I’m heavily biased on Taxon. I used that thing for 2 years pumping up overshields and shield recharge. I constantly used it for no good reason when there were obviously better choices. That is all I will say on the matter of AOE because AOE has nothing to do with the thread. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Malikili:

I’m not talking about what buff is considered “useless” in your book, I’m talking about too much buffs smushed into one mod. They can be broken apart. Seems better and works for everyone. Pick and choose your buffs and all. 

I would love actual proof of that. Give me a reason to use verglas for more than just status priming. And by “Hardcore” I’m talking about your previously mentioned “Elite SP” mobs. Say Steel Path Corrupted Grineer Gunner? I would love if it does do damage. Preferably no riven too, I would love to use it. 

Bug with sentinel weapons being absolutely cracked with fire rate. Making them deal huge chunks of damage very fast. 

I’m heavily biased on Taxon. I used that thing for 2 years pumping up overshields and shield recharge. I constantly used it for no good reason when there were obviously better choices. That is all I will say on the matter of AOE because AOE has nothing to do with the thread. 

everyone has their preferences. That's not the point at all. I'm talking about maximum performance.
Many people still enjoy playing with Frost, Loki, etc. and would praise certain characteristics to the skies.

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

everyone has their preferences. That's not the point at all. I'm talking about maximum performance.
Many people still enjoy playing with Frost, Loki, etc. and would praise certain characteristics to the skies.

Yea, looking back on it now it’s just silly. Taxon did nothing but tag along then die. At least during the early stages it was always there, enjoying the ride. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Malikili:

Yea, looking back on it now it’s just silly. Taxon did nothing but tag along then die. At least during the early stages it was always there, enjoying the ride. 

I play other games on the side. and ALMOST EVERYTHING is about other things than a second job. And there are usually much more important things than "mats per hour" or other nonsense. So have fun playing, enjoy the sounds, admire the look of the skins or experience certain feelings because there is a secret ingredient.

I think I said everything I wanted. So thumbs up and have fun!

full

• Like 1

On 2023-10-28 at 4:55 AM, Vaml77 said:

The "solution" of nerfing something that is useful is not a good practice or philosophy...

This is just flat-out wrong because

On 2023-10-28 at 4:55 AM, Vaml77 said:

there is a lack of depth in this discussion!

the lack of depth is from your starting point.

"Thing good, therefore nerfing good thing is bad" is just... no. No, that's not how any part of the decision works. Things are nerfed if the following are all true:

1) The "effort in:power out" ratio is skewed too far compared to other options

2) Other options are made redundant

3) If it's a combat option, it steals all the kills from your teammates

They don't nerf things that are merely strong. They nerf things that are UBIQUITOUS 

• Like 2

Le 28/10/2023 à 13:55, Vaml77 a dit :

I watched the last devstream and they mentioned a possible nerf to his resource buff... Why take that action? Why not improve the power of other pets and give better reasons to use them? Or would another solution be to share this kavat buff with all the other pets? Today the kavat is the best and most used pet due to its critical chance and resource buff... I don't think it's fair to do that to it! There are other pets that no one uses like kavat adarza that doesn't buff the player who uses it and only the other players in the match... which is unfair in my opinion. There is no motivation whatsoever to use this adarza, helminth, kubrows and other types of pet. The "solution" of nerfing something that is useful is not a good practice or philosophy... there is a lack of depth in this discussion! My humble proposal would be to make this resource buff something common to all pets and the critical chance buff would be something optional that would come from the helminth. Today the most wronged pet is the adarza and the kubrow and some types infested with deimos. Or turn these usable resource and critical chance buffs into mods to be used on pets? If they really want to democratize the use of pets and forcing players to use other things is not the ideal path....the idea of nerfing the kavat's resource buffs will only create discontent in the warframe community.

The CC buff is a nerf most of the time with common builds since it caps your crits for it's duration.

The Resource buff will always be superior, now that the smeeta can't die, it's the logical choice for everyone to use, they removed what made the Vulpaphylas special while buffing the smeeta a lot more.

They seriously need to think about an alternative or just slapping charm on every companion at this point, it wouldn't change anything. Even nerfing charm wouldn't do it as it's still a buff to affinity and drop amount. 

Edited by Maryph

Charm is both massively overrated and too volatile to be left as is.

The majority of the time it's just there to inflate resource numbers that most players will never be able to dent. For the handful of new players who meta farm right out of the gate it just pushes them to the overabundance point slightly faster. And the volatile part is it potentially destroying new resource grinds if they're allowed to be affected by Charm.

That last part is problematic as it undermines the entire purpose of DE adding new resources to pad out new grinds and prolong droughts. Plus it's also a feature entirely unique to a single companion which while not much of an outlier for being unique but more so in having the biggest potential impact out of all of them.