Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did they nerf the coupons?

Velaethia

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

What coupons are you talking about? You mean login rewards? Nerfed how? The plat ones are two kinds -75 and -50. Did you roll -50 and think it is a nerf?

There was 3 25% 50% and 75% I haven't seen what 50 got turned into but 75% is now 70% and 25% is now 20.

10 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

You get 70% Discount coupon? I thought anything above 50% is a myth

I used to get 75% about once a month when I played daily. I only spend with a 50% or 75% off coupon.

Edited by Velaethia

50 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I've never seen anything between 50% and 75%.
Anything below 50% I don't even register so I wouldn't have noticed if a change happened there but I was fairly certain the only other one was 25%, which isn't even listed there.

I really don't like the look of this if they've diluted the discount coupon pool with a bunch of in-between junk. They've been making a huge amount of really scummy monetization moves recently. Ether they don't care if they burn down Warframe's reputation in the pursuit of funding Soulframe, or Tencent is really starting to throw their weight around Warframe's monetization.

• Like 1

At the moment I'm only getting Platinum Discounts and NOT Market Discounts. I checked the link above and they should still be dropping.

Supposedly, I shouldn't even be getting Plat Discount since the wiki says "PC only" and I'm on PS4, but there you have it. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but it is really annoying since I got tonnes of stuff (specially Deluxe skins) with Market Discount.

One thing the human brain is really bad at interpreting is chance, for example, if a game says you have 99% chance of hitting an enemy and you miss you will feel that something is wrong even though that is within odds, the same thing happens with this, even though you might feel that something changed because you haven't seen a particular outcome in a while, is probably just in our heads

haven't had a market discount since they allowed plat coupons on all platforms, btu I have had a couple plat coupons. either/or is fine by me, but it's definitely a good idea to be curious and look into these things, because this is where companies will try to get you, and while DE are *usually* better than most, I still don't trust any company as far as I can throw them: years of being treated like a walking wallet by AAA companies will do that..