Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late game Warframe is a Single-Player game, change my mind.

Kaiga

On 2023-11-10 at 9:43 PM, Kaiga said:

There is no need for clans, besides helping newer players within them, because there is no longer much content that requires coordinated groups, teamwork, or much of anything beyond one of the many meta builds found on sites and youtube videos

This i wish was fixed, being a clan warlord was endgame for me. The game is about grinding and grinding for new members and helping them get stronger so we could unlock more rewards together was so fun to me. I do miss it. If they brought it back, i hope the rewards would be like cool cosmetics, 1million kuva, free dojo decorations, that good endlessly needed stuff

On 2023-11-10 at 9:43 PM, Kaiga said:

And i miss that. Everyone just does their dailies while awaiting the next content drop.

I do too. I do too... i dont really understand why its been gone for so long. They were trying different ways to reward clans and they stopped after the ignis wraith but i dont really see that as a sign to stop its not like it was a big deal, simple change and everybody was happy.

Hopefully 1 day they return and are actually given a chance with someone who cared about the events and knows what players look for in a clan event. If DE isnt sure i hope they do a survey before offering statues as the main reward again

• Like 1

I agree with the OP for the most part. Unless there's an event happening or I'm running relics, I play solo now.

It's hard to say why exactly - I think it's because it's the only way I can feel any difficulty. I can jump into some high content and after half an hour or so I can feel a little bit of a challenge. Squads, especially fully kitted squads, are just so strong that everything insta-melts in every direction.

I think it's also because the only thing I have left to do is tinker with builds, and I prefer to be solo when I test them out and refine them. Mostly when I'm in a mission these days, that's what I'm there for, it's certainly not because I need anything from that mission.

And lastly I think because - depending on the mission type - it's just nice not to have to worry about what everyone else is doing; where the aggro is being dragged to, where the spawns are being dragged to, where the affinity and materials are being dragged to, or who can reach the end the fastest, or who can kill the fastest, or is anybody going to get that straggler or that thrall, is that dude really afk, does anybody have the disk, is anyone ever going to help me open this door, did that guy really leave after one round, am I the only one getting power cells, is this the 5th time I've rez'd you dude what is your build, all that stuff. Can just chill and play at my own pace. That stuff probably doesn't irritate the average player as much, but after you play the game too much it can really start to grate on you. It's partly because of the mission designs, partly because all skill levels are mixed together.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PSN)jaggerwanderer:

I'm a Legendary 3 player. There are certain content people are avoiding. Like Grendal missions. Then there's the issue of Host Migration. I have bad connections since the router is 50 feet away from where I play warframe. So I tend to solo just to avoid host migrations.

If you're afraid of wolves, that doesn't mean you can't go for a walk in the forest.
and host migrations happen very rarely for me. and if that happened, we still had the rewards. There were (or still are?) a few exceptions: those weird missions where at the end you have to run to the elevator and then press a button to get out quickly. if host does it, then there were problems. but has it definitely already been fixed?

and i prefer playing mods for ancient thief2 than warframe solo missions. because it's a lot more fun with 3 others.
Especially in 2013/2014 we camped for 2k hours with two boys. would that be possible solo? After an hour of surv/dev I would uninstall the game out of boredom.

3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

If you're afraid of wolves, that doesn't mean you can't go for a walk in the forest.
and host migrations happen very rarely for me. and if that happened, we still had the rewards. There were (or still are?) a few exceptions: those weird missions where at the end you have to run to the elevator and then press a button to get out quickly. if host does it, then there were problems. but has it definitely already been fixed?

and i prefer playing mods for ancient thief2 than warframe solo missions. because it's a lot more fun with 3 others.
Especially in 2013/2014 we camped for 2k hours with two boys. would that be possible solo? After an hour of surv/dev I would uninstall the game out of boredom.

Not afried of wolves. I can content with them myself actually lol. But with others around, I need to expand more effort in group productivity. Because not everyone can content with wolves.

With respect, you're being needlessly reductive.  You can do every single mission in the game without a group, and some people do.  But you can also play with other players.  And when you do that, that's multiplayer.

And personally, I find that to be an incredibly fun aspect of the game.  If you don't, that's fine; different strokes for different folks.

As others have mentioned, I would have never played the game if I had not been assured I could play solo.

MP with real life friends happened for a couple hours here and there, that's it.

No desire to ever again subject myself to the world of public pickup gaming in any game, nothing could be further from what I call enjoyment. I played MMOs for decades and the gaming community of jaded, entitled and pedantic elitists who think they have to run every squad in every game is enormous, and for me, to be avoided.

Extroverts simply thrive off of the herd, while introverts like me love that we can avoid that herd.

WF is and has always been a single player experience, with a mall I can visit to see other players now and then for fashion ideas.

Ninjas Play Free - and many, many work alone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

With respect, you're being needlessly reductive.  You can do every single mission in the game without a group, and some people do.  But you can also play with other players.  And when you do that, that's multiplayer.

And personally, I find that to be an incredibly fun aspect of the game.  If you don't, that's fine; different strokes for different folks.

Sure it is possible, that isn't being questioned, but that isn't the only thing that motivates players to collaborate or play together.

The motivation to cooperate can come from more sources than just sheer difficulty 

16 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

I agree with the OP for the most part. Unless there's an event happening or I'm running relics, I play solo now.

It's hard to say why exactly - I think it's because it's the only way I can feel any difficulty. I can jump into some high content and after half an hour or so I can feel a little bit of a challenge. Squads, especially fully kitted squads, are just so strong that everything insta-melts in every direction.

I think it's also because the only thing I have left to do is tinker with builds, and I prefer to be solo when I test them out and refine them. Mostly when I'm in a mission these days, that's what I'm there for, it's certainly not because I need anything from that mission.

And lastly I think because - depending on the mission type - it's just nice not to have to worry about what everyone else is doing; where the aggro is being dragged to, where the spawns are being dragged to, where the affinity and materials are being dragged to, or who can reach the end the fastest, or who can kill the fastest, or is anybody going to get that straggler or that thrall, is that dude really afk, does anybody have the disk, is anyone ever going to help me open this door, did that guy really leave after one round, am I the only one getting power cells, is this the 5th time I've rez'd you dude what is your build, all that stuff. Can just chill and play at my own pace. That stuff probably doesn't irritate the average player as much, but after you play the game too much it can really start to grate on you. It's partly because of the mission designs, partly because all skill levels are mixed together.

I'm with you. The longer I've played, the more enjoyment I have with setting and running my builds in solo. People tend to get in the way sometimes but sometimes they are clutch. I think that's the beauty of the game, either preference is ideal, is fun and is useful. 

15 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Sure it is possible, that isn't being questioned, but that isn't the only thing that motivates players to collaborate or play together.

The motivation to cooperate can come from more sources than just sheer difficulty 

If I'm interpreting your comment as you intended, I think you may have overlooked the part of my comment where I showcased exactly where non-difficulty-based motivation to play together comes from in Warframe: it's fun.

It's simply a delight to see the loadouts, strategies, and aesthetics of my fellow players.  Weapons, Warframes, abilities, pets, playstyles...Warframe offers so many different ways to customize yourself.  Every time I match-make I get the chance to see what other Tenno have selected from myriad possibilities, and all while working towards a common goal.  These other players breathe so much life into each mission, and they're a meaningful part of why Warframe is such a fun game to play for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

If I'm interpreting your comment as you intended, I think you may have overlooked the part of my comment where I showcased exactly where non-difficulty-based motivation to play together comes from in Warframe: it's fun.

It's simply a delight to see the loadouts, strategies, and aesthetics of my fellow players.  Weapons, Warframes, abilities, pets, playstyles...Warframe offers so many different ways to customize yourself.  Every time I match-make I get the chance to see what other Tenno have selected from myriad possibilities, and all while working towards a common goal.  These other players breathe so much life into each mission, and they're a meaningful part of why Warframe is such a fun game to play for me.

I'm like that too. I had seen a Limbo running around with Aqua Blade then Cata/Stasis the room to blow it up. There's so many possible playstyles. Just joining a public group sometimes is worthwhile to see how other's overcome the challenges put before them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...