Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEs problem with everything needing to be *new* and always forgetting the old

dragonborn0998

DE always seems to be doing reworks and rebalances and overhauling graphics and more reworks and sometimes making changes to existing modes. 

Not sure the sentiment holds up in the face of reality. The game not being exactly the way you want it to be doesn't inherently mean that DE does nothing or doesn't care. And that's not to act like a white knight either. There's allot of feedback to go through and DE has to consider many factors when deciding what to persue. And even if they want to change something, the game is huge and it might take a while to get around to it. Just saying. 

• Like 4

18小时前 , dragonborn0998 说:

Railjack was soooo hyped, it came out, was complete and utter S#&$ , got a update or 2 and is now forgotten forever. Another content island.

Because DE made the biggest mistake of their history, which was listening to the community and add "warframe contents" i.e. corpus jack when in reality people did not actually know what they want themselves. The only enjoyable and innovative new game mode was ironically not original warframe content aka volatile.

PoE was supposed to be a new age of level design for warframe, fast forward to now and this semi-open world level design is long and forgotten.

Open world was a mistake. Take a look at Deimos and you can literally feel DE was fed up with another open world and threw their hands in the air and said "that's it".

Conclave is...... yeh i dont even need to say anything about that.

Dead game mode. No one asks.

On the other hand, conjunction survival and the entire Zariman were great. And Railjack was kinda cool and fun. Void Storm was a really nice addition. It just needs some more contents (infested jack, bosses, etc) and it will become a solid game mode.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Take a look at Deimos and you can literally feel DE was fed up with another open world and threw their hands in the air and said "that's it".

Yup. Uninspired world design, zero bounty variety, horridly balanced enemy subgroup that requires you to build a specific way (or brute force with power creep). The only content that's actually somewhat fun there is the Isolation Vaults, and those are ultimately basically just normal instanced missions (Railjack suffered the same issue, you end up just doing normal instanced missions after the initial space skirmish).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Out of all the things like budget and time limitations, limited amount of devs, convoluted code, you decided to go with the "devs are evil" option.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

They have 300+ employees. If it were small studio doing this then I would be in awe. That's not the case here. And again 2 things: "work smarter not harder" and "not saying they are lazy".

As stated by a different poster above, not all of those 300 are devs, and we can assume a large chunk works on Soulframe. Heck, feel free to count the people in the dev team credits, but even there you will find people not directly involved in development, such as the community team and marketing.

It's quite funny that you say they should work smarter while admitting you have no idea about their work. Come on.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Olphus said:

fix it how? what's broken with it?

One of my favorite first topics on this forum several years ago was regarding the bugs in the trading system.

Virtually none of them have been fixed.

Issues that still persist today include:

1. Trade Failed Bug forcing further trade attempts to complete the trade.
  2. Trader Closed the Trading Session Bug which is similar to the Trade Failed Bug but the game pretends like the other guy closed the trade when he did not
  3. Offline Bug where you can chat with the person but when you try to invite them they appear offline
  4. Failed to Send Invitation Bug where you aren't able to invite the person no matter how hard you spam them
  5. Recipient Doesn't Receive Trade Invite Bug where you send trade invitations to someone but they never see the invites (typically VPN-related)
  6. Recipient is Already Trading Bug where the game tries to tell you the user is already trading with another user but you two are the only people in the dojo and you're not trading
  7. Separate Trade Instances Bug where players enter into separate trading instances with each other and cannot view what items the other has put down
  8. Separate Dojo Instances Bug where both players have spawned into dojo but cannot see each other in kiosk or in-game.
  9. MR Restriction Bug where you aren't able to trade rivens because either player doesn't have sufficient mastery rank when both far exceed the rank.
  10. The general requirement that both players be out-of-mission to trade is antiquated and incompatible with the direction warframe is headed (i.e. longer, largely-uninterruptible missions like Railjack, Duviri Circuit, Duviri Lone Wolf, etc.)

Issues that have been kinda sorta fixed:

1. Spawn in Railjack bug that forced you to fast travel out of the railjack hasn't been fixed, but DE gave us a Spawn Pad that seems to help a lot at keeping us out of there.

A lot of these are likely connection issues,  but the reality is there's zero need for two players to connect to each other P2P style to conduct a trade.  Trading should be as robust and stable as the chatting system which does not rely on P2P networking.

A typical trade for me takes 2-10 minutes depending on how many of these issues we run into.  With over 30 daily trades to burn, this means I often spend over an hour a day fighting the laggy, unstable trading system instead of playing the game.  Trades should take 0 to 30 seconds; even if we dispense with the idea of Auction House;  at worst I should just have the trade requests already pending while I'm in mission and waiting for my acceptance and approval as soon as I get out of mission.  Screw dojo kiosks.

I anticipate that these issues will only get worse when crosstrade adds another wrench into the works, but hopefully that will motivate DE to finally issue some actual fixes in this area.

Edited by sly_squash

20 hours ago, dragonborn0998 said:

Why are so many Warframes lackluster and lagging behind the "meta" ones

What? Kullervo is the second newest Warframe and is probably one of the most insane ones? Spread million damage hits through an entire cluster of enemies while building overshield... do you think the only frames worth using are one-click nukes?

Nightwave is barely hanging by a thread in terms of care from DE, they update it whenever they feel like by the looks of it. 

You say this as we're literally rounding off the current Nightwave and coming up on a new one?

Strawmanning for an entire post does not a decent argument make

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's not as clear cut as that though, when many players who are decently invested in the game can easily bypass standing, resources, Credits, Endo, and many other hurdles that "building onto existing content" does. You could look at Bond Mods vs. Archon Mods. How many players saw Bond Mods and just purchased them right away, completely removing the acquisition part of the process because they've pre-completed all these vendors. Archon Shards forced everyone to get playing Kahl's Garrison and waiting weeks to purchase mods at a time. The only saving grace for players with those was the ability to transmute them, because DE goofed like they often do.

Building on existing content is certainly awesome, and in my previous comment, I want to make clear that I am in total agreement with these kinds of comments. I want more impact on the game as a whole through systems already in-game as opposed to new. However, old content expansions are often figured out too fast, are bypassed in grind, or become stale in nature (like replaying Plague Star or Nights of Naberus every occurrence. Even if they changed up the bounty, it would be very similar in nature). If we got Infested Liches tomorrow, with a brand new set of Infested Proximas, players would boil them down like they did to Sisters of Parvos.

Part of Warframe's charm is the never-ending surprise of how they add completely brand new systems, and how these systems tie into existing ones. That's part of what makes builds in Warframe so much fun is how many systems you can cross-collaborate with. In Plague Star, I'm using my Operator/Focus, K-Drive, Necramech, Loc-Pins, Helminth with Augment Mods, Archon Shards, Duviri Arcanes, Eidolon Arcanes, Vastilok from TennoCon, Kavats, Archwing, Railjack Intrinsics for Archwing, etc. That's honestly wild and super rewarding to get extremely fast Plague Star runs because I've farmed all of these random updates and items over the last several years they were added.

Those shouldnt be issues unless DE makes them in that way. Add new content to say Fortuna and they can solve it by either creating new bounties, add a new vendor, or add standing to a current one so we all need to start from zero for the new content. Also to be clear, with systems I dont mean they need to go back and use old content, I simply mean they dont need to create new systems for new content. So they can add a new open world for instance since the systems for open worlds are already in the game. Duviri was simply an exception since it practically only uses a bunch of new systems wherever it can. So right now they could create a multitude of things with the systems we currently have aswell as with content additions we already have, maybe even mix them, like making Necramech bounties on the open worlds with new resources or a faction tied to them to unlock whatever it is we get as rewards. Which could be a new progression system for the Warframes, or the Necramech for instance, since it would be improvements to already exsisting systems. Or maybe add to Railjack with more progression and new activities. What they shouldnt do is add uhm say naked giant mode with its own seperate progression system that is used in content X only.

Well revisits of PS and NoN arent new content ontop of old content. PS was new content ontop of old content when it was added years ago, but now it is just old content in older content. Sisters were poorly implemented with too many corners cut. Utilizing requiems was a major flaw of it. They should have tweaked the system to fit them better, with something else to hunt instead of requiems in specific fissures types. While still using the core idea of the "nemesis" system they introduced with liches. They could have also made it unique, since my problem with new systems isnt really with the systems of mob encounters, it is more rooted in the systems we have introduced to us, systems that are very fringe and see little use in the end.

Shards, Helminth and Duviri Arcanes are exactly what I'm looking for. Things that improve or build on current systems that we actually get to use. All three of those tie into what we already have, they improve our Warframe and Duviri Arcanes are simply an extended part of the already exsisting Arcane system that has been with the game for years. The Mech however is just a seperate thing that we can barely use anywhere, a half assed unfinished system. The K-drive and now the Kaithe are just bloat, since they dont do anything that the archwing cannot already do, aside from travel inside caves.

And I gotta ask. How would the removal of say your Mech change anything in your Plague Star runs? Where does it add anything of actual value or improve your build? Or why did we need to have a whole system like RJ that is barely used, just to slightly improve our Archwings with things that should/could have been part of the Archwing system itself? Also consider this. When you use the k-drive in PoE to speed something up in a PS run you arent using the Archwing or Kaithe, and when you are using either of those you arent using the other two. All of which practically serve the same purpose overall, with two having niche uses compared to the third. What is the purpose of having all 3? Work has been spent on two new "vehicles" when in reality it could have been used to improve the third, which is still in a rather unfinished state.

6 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Open world was a mistake. Take a look at Deimos and you can literally feel DE was fed up with another open world and threw their hands in the air and said "that's it".

That is an odd statement. Deimos has been the biggest improvement to the open world system of WF, plus it was done in a haste due to the covid situation tossing around their whole release schedule. Studio was locked down mid march and the 25th of august we got Deimos. That is ~5 months between shifting the order to releasing one of the better updates in WF.

Edited by SneakyErvin

True that, Warframe have little depth, you can do most things the moment you start playing, so now there is just a bunch of shallow contents that needs to be ticked off.

We got three open world stuff, with the exact same quest structures, and the exact same quests and factions progressions, it all felt like a reskin.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-12 at 3:08 PM, Homucifer said:

Completely baffled at this comment. DE made four of these things and is now backloading their mechanics into the starchart. You really don't have any comprehension of the situation, do you?

bruh be for real right now. We really gonna act like Deimos wasnt the lazyiest, most uninspired open world to date? they didnt even bother with it , not a single aspect except maaaybe the vaults is on par with PoE. Vallis is just a big empty lifeless white wasteland where they didnt even bother to reskin all 3 eidolons....sorry i meant Orb mothers and deimos didnt even get any? do you understand the situation?

22 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This the the problem of the 15 different types of "gamers".

Whatever you hate, someone likes and vice versa. 

And old frames aren't weak, players are.

21 hours ago, DrBorris said:

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for DE to dedicate the majority of an update to going back and fixing things only for people to continue making posts and comments like this.

Is everything fixed? God no, of course not. Is the thing you personally think is the most important thing fixed? Probably not. But those are ridiculous expectations. The goal-post shuffling that is happening to maintain the "Oh DE, you're so predictable" narrative is either ignorant or disingenuous.

And this isn't to say you can't criticize the things that are still broken, but I believe that you need to acknowledge DE's efforts when giving that criticism. If you don't think their efforts are enough, that's cool too, but you gotta acknowledge the current amount of effort in order to quantity "enough."

except their not juggling anything and there is a clear bias towards NEW vs OLD. I would agree if one update they rehashed old mechanics and the next brought out a whole new planet. that would be juggling and fair, except that isnt whats happening. we get a 10 year old tileset redone once every blue moon yet we got Grineer sisters lair, Lua, RJ, and Tau outpost. thats it, compare that to the 2?3? reskins they did of old tilesets and it DOES NOT ADD UP

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yup. Uninspired world design, zero bounty variety, horridly balanced enemy subgroup that requires you to build a specific way (or brute force with power creep). The only content that's actually somewhat fun there is the Isolation Vaults, and those are ultimately basically just normal instanced missions (Railjack suffered the same issue, you end up just doing normal instanced missions after the initial space skirmish).

this ^^^

Deimos is a emberassment to PoE. didnt not live up to the reputation and just straight up soiled it.

5 hours ago, zotobom said:

What? Kullervo is the second newest Warframe and is probably one of the most insane ones? Spread million damage hits through an entire cluster of enemies while building overshield... do you think the only frames worth using are one-click nukes?

You say this as we're literally rounding off the current Nightwave and coming up on a new one?

Strawmanning for an entire post does not a decent argument make

name 5 new nightwave rewards since it came out. name more than 2 actual good stories from nightwave. name 1 time they updated it accordingly and not months and months after when they felt bothered to. i really wouldnt say that nightwave isnt forgotten because it got updated for the first time since the last blue moon. Also im talking about old warframes, not new ones.

Not understanding my post does not make a decent argument.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

DE always seems to be doing reworks and rebalances and overhauling graphics and more reworks and sometimes making changes to existing modes. 

Not sure about the “always”

The previous QoL update was something I haven’t seen before. The massive overhaul is probably the most they’ve done with older content, with the first being Grendel (and it was literally just Grendel). 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The game not being exactly the way you want it to be doesn't inherently mean that DE does nothing or doesn't care.

I would say the proof of DE not caring about their own older content is in the sheer state they left it in. If they were to leave something in a certain playable state (cough cough railjack), then that’s one thing, but ditching it for newer content makes you wonder if they really do care. 
It’s not a matter of what you want it to be, it’s a matter of what it was supposed to be. 

• Like 4

On 2023-11-12 at 7:33 AM, dragonborn0998 said:

I get that new content, warframes and updates are needed to keep a live service game alive but is it worth it at the cost of whats already there?

Railjack was soooo hyped, it came out, was complete and utter S#&$ , got a update or 2 and is now forgotten forever. Another content island.

PoE was supposed to be a new age of level design for warframe, fast forward to now and this semi-open world level design is long and forgotten.

Warframe quests were a important source of Lore and backstory for new Warframes, now we got the sad excuse that is the Leverian with barely what? 7, maybe 8 actual warframe lore in it?

A new mechanic is introduced every other week and forgotten the next, it seems pointless to spend time in anything as it'll just get left in dust by the next update. whats so wrong with updating old stuff? Why are so many Warframes lackluster and lagging behind the "meta" ones, weapons included. Remember when we was meant to be getting a whole arsenal (hyperbole, obviously) of ice weapons, we got the Sibear and thats it. never to be spoken of again.

Nightwave is barely hanging by a thread in terms of care from DE, they update it whenever they feel like by the looks of it. 

Conclave is...... yeh i dont even need to say anything about that.

What ever happened to Arbiters questline? everyone else got one but DE decided #*!% that syndicate in particular. The new planets dont even get a Junction anymore.

Third Orb mother? DE did 2 and decided yeh i cba.

too many mechanics, too many islands. Is it really that hard for DE to focus on anything for longer than 2 updates? Did pets really need 8+ years just to get some attention?

i might be the few that actually like railjack and hope they add more to it in the future.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Genitive said:
13 hours ago, quxier said:

They have 300+ employees. If it were small studio doing this then I would be in awe. That's not the case here. And again 2 things: "work smarter not harder" and "not saying they are lazy".

As stated by a different poster above, not all of those 300 are devs, and we can assume a large chunk works on Soulframe. Heck, feel free to count the people in the dev team credits, but even there you will find people not directly involved in development, such as the community team and marketing.

Well, before Soulframe and team division they were 300+ people.

Sure, there are some people not related to game (I guess that 300+ include people that clean stuff etc). Still... it's not "few person studio". That's my point.

9 hours ago, Genitive said:

It's quite funny that you say they should work smarter while admitting you have no idea about their work. Come on.

My point is about results not about amount of work. They could work 24 hours per day, 7 days per week but still make garbage games. One person (don't feel like checking in this horrible forum) mentioned how "hard they work" so I responded that it doesn't matter too much.

4 hours ago, Malikili said:

I would say the proof of DE not caring about their own older content is in the sheer state they left it in. If they were to leave something in a certain playable state (cough cough railjack), then that’s one thing, but ditching it for newer content makes you wonder if they really do care. 
It’s not a matter of what you want it to be, it’s a matter of what it was supposed to be. 

Railjack recieved many changes and then they had to put into the backround because so many people still disliked it. 

Also keep in mind that much of game devopment is just devs arguing in a room somewhere about the direction of the game and features, and that slows things down quite a bit. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

8小时前 , dragonborn0998 说:

this ^^^

Deimos is a emberassment to PoE. didnt not live up to the reputation and just straight up soiled it.

What.

As much as I hate open world, I can see DE did put some effort there.

More verticality and more compact level design, unlike PoE and OV which are made up of 3 km of empty space between location of interest. The pillar stuff and iso vault for resources/arcanes/standing in one go so no more fishing and mining. Extremely generous mother token per bounty which can be stocked for the future, including the Halloween event. Ridiculously easy rank up of operator syndicate compared to the cancerous Vox Solaris. I can go on and on.

My point is that, the open world concept was a mistake at the beginning. The "open world" we have in warframe was not true open world, it was a large static tileset, so it was even more boring and repetitive than your regular starchart. Deimos was the best out of the three, but three of them were enough, for us and for DE.

That's why Zariman is so good. Token system for syndicate. Large, but not too large, procedural tileset as a middle ground between regular mission and "open world" emptiness. 5 mission types aka bounties always available. A little bit of resources gathering. Very nice rewards from syndicate (arcane, incarnon) and mission (endo, arcane) itself. Zariman was the refinement of open world experience.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Genitive said:

Out of all the things like budget and time limitations, limited amount of devs, convoluted code, you decided to go with the "devs are evil" option.

You clearly have no clue what "pride" means if your interpretation of it is "evil". Try clicking the obvious link, and educate yourself.

On 2023-11-12 at 10:45 AM, Voltage said:

I think it's really a case of how you're looking at the game and when you started. For example, players who played pre-Shrine of the Eidolon have some form of opinion on Trials/Raids (whether positive or negative) compared to players that have only played post-Shrine of the Eidolon. You can even narrow down to specific gamemodes like Eidolons on release vs. Eidolons now (old Itzal, the addition of Wisp, Helminth, spawn manipulations, etc.). 

It's not very hard to have the opinion OP does, but it also omits alot that has changed over the years in a positive direction (even if some of these changes were overdue for the longest time). There's an opportunity cost with everything, and at the end of the day DE has to be the most efficient with their time for business purposes. Making the most solid game does not actually equate to the most income, as you see with the releases of new Call of Duty titles or something of that nature. Sure, you can look at examples like Baldur's Gate 3 or Elden Ring for the "refinement is valuable" stance, but it's honestly really easy to assume that those studios sacrificed maximum profit and efficiency in order to deliver a very specific experience that was heavily refined.

Warframe is a live service game, and it's free to play, so it does not afford the luxury of single player games that focus solely on refining one experience. Warframe has to constantly float above water to maintain relevancy and attention of players. This is the type of situation that drives mechanics like Battle Passes. DE has to settle for "good enough" with the functionality of old content to steamroll ahead with brand new content.

I'm not trying to sound like a preachy DE sympathizer, that's just how it is. I would absolutely love more refinement to several areas of Warframe, but it's not in the cards to see that happen all that often. I am a bit disappointed with how things like Archwing, Railjack, and recurring events like Plague Star have aged, but I am also aware that DE would see more return from brand new events or brand new mechanics to grind through. That's why instead of just having an extremely rich Archwing experience with many things to do in Archwing, we have Necramech, K-Drive, Merulina, Kaithe, Razorwing, Railjack, and probably more in the future.

Like you OP, I would like more of the older game to see refinement and expansion, but that's just not how a live-service goes, unless the live-service is specifically a pvp experience only. Every PvE content focused live service game would quickly become boring and lose all the dedicated players it creates if the content was extremely rich but lacking a treadmill of new things to do and earn.

Let's take the solar map for example. You could have Starchart 4.0 with all new tilesets that heavily improved player progression and cut down on node bloat. The game would be tremendously upgraded. Or, you could get the Tau System. Brand new tiles and brand new rewards and progressions to take part in. In this scenario, DE would be foolish to choose Starchart 4.0 (provided the scope and man-hours line up with the Tau System, for the sake of comparison). That is how things are going with Warframe. DE could have spent all that Railjack development on Archwing and really beefed it up to be more enjoyable with more space missions, but that's just not what sells, even if it refines the base game more than adding Railjack would. 

You have to also consider the player expectations as another player mentioned. People expect to always have new things to do in live service games like this, that's just how it goes.

Basically, all I am saying is that you aren't wrong, and it is completely valid. I totally agree with you too, but it's just not a smart way to prioritize the game's health when the game is in an industry competing in the attention economy. Warframe has to compete with games that may grab your attention more, and because Warframe is much less predatory than some of the giants, they are actually at a disadvantage. This is why I also think we're seeing the slight creep of some questionable marketing decisions. DE has to compete in the industry at the end of the day. If you lean too much on pro-player practices, you lose out on loads of revenue. That's just how the world works. That's why Apple had to be forced to use USB-C, even though they heavily contributed to the development of the standard. The Lightning cable is just way better for their pockets.

Voltage, once again, hitting home runs. The part about making Tau vs actually cleaning up the star chart hit close to home. I really would want the latter but the reality is that they would do the former. It's unfortunate, but hey. It does, however, tempers my expectations for this game so I can slowly crawl towards that full apathy point to just let it go 100%. Cause in reality there's no point in arguing or even talking about it anymore. The game being a mess is a feature. It's easier to satiate the part of the player base that revels in it. They won, I lost. It is what it is. Honestly, time for a new hobby.

16 hours ago, dragonborn0998 said:

name 5 new nightwave rewards since it came out. name more than 2 actual good stories from nightwave. name 1 time they updated it accordingly and not months and months after when they felt bothered to. i really wouldnt say that nightwave isnt forgotten because it got updated for the first time since the last blue moon. Also im talking about old warframes, not new ones.

It has already been stated that devs aren't doing stories for Nightwave anymore because it's a waste of time since it's time-gated. Besides that, Wolf, Glassmaker, Arlo all have interesting lore. And what are you waffling about with old warframes. You're saying DE half-asses new content, but by that you're referring to old warframes, in reference to even older warframes? Good Warframes outnumber the 'bad' ones like 5:1 and even then the bad frames are still completely viable if you're not an amoeba, so what frames are you referring to that are this clear representation of new content that doesn't hook into old content? Did we not literally just get a complete rework of an old frame that has taken it from bottom tier to almost top tier? You make valid points, absolutely, but they're buried in so much whinging just for the sake of whinging. You make a point of orb mothers being a reskin of Eidolons (because they're both... open world bosses? That's literally the only similarity) but you also whinge about the third orb mother just being teased but not in the game yet. What do you want? More of the same? More entirely new stuff? You make a point of stuff being added than forgotten down the line, yet want Nightwave stories and rewards that would be inherently timed exclusive? Too many mechanics??? You aim at the bad guy and click. I'm genuinely struggling what 'new mechanic' has you quaking in your boots. Archon shards? Drifter combat? Zariman bounties? So you don't want these twists on the Warframe formula, but also don't want reiterations of the content we already have?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Railjack recieved many changes and then they had to put into the backround because so many people still disliked it. 

Also keep in mind that much of game devopment is just devs arguing in a room somewhere about the direction of the game and features, and that slows things down quite a bit. 

Steve envisioned railjack to be a sort of “Star Wars” where you fight in outer space with the ship, maintain the ship’s integrity, while completing objectives. An example would be skirmish. 
Their “fix” was turning railjack into a taxi situation. Not at all how it was first envisioned. 
Plus I still get the bug that dooms me to my railjack forever which certainly isn’t playable. Also get the bug that just stops spawning enemies, even when I killed the enemies in the ship. 

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Can’t disagree with that. In the end, they are simply people arguing about what should change. 

20 hours ago, dragonborn0998 said:

You mean like all the mods and cosmetics that have been unique to NW? 6-8 mods, armor, operator/drifter suits, a landing craft (with its own skill) and so on. And more than 2 actually good stories? Well there are 3, since glassmaker was actually a good story even if the gameplay tied to it sucked balls. So you have Wolf, Arlo and Glass.

The stories just happen to not be worth the cost and effort to make them. Which isnt a mystery, when similar approaches to content got ditched in other games since it just wasnt cost effective, and that was in games that actually monetized these types of story additions. Just look at Funcom and their The Secret World game, which later became Secret World Legends, they sold comics in the game that unlocked bite sized quests for players, they didnt earn enough compared to their cost to make. NW was practically the same but with absolutely zero revenue potential tied to them, since they didnt even come with new frames, weapons etc.