Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sony/Playstation's Obsidian skins will remain exclusive to its respective platform for account merging (and vice versa for Sony/Playstation users being locked out of skins from other platforms). (Founder's items also locked to PC only)

BlindStalker

From DE's FAQ on cross-save/account-merging/account-linking etc - https://www.warframe.com/news/cross-platform-save

Q: Are there any restricted Items that will not be combined during the One-Time Account Merge?
Yes. Restrictions include Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch, platform exclusive skins that will not be available on PlayStation and certain PC exclusives.

Any Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch Warframe profiles will not be accessible on other platforms. On PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you will have a shared wallet, meaning that Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms.

You may still access and spend your Platinum while logged into your Warframe Cross Platform Save Account on Nintendo Switch. Any Items or Customizations purchased with this Platinum will also be automatically accessible while logged in on other platforms. However, you must log in via the Nintendo Switch to spend any Platinum specifically purchased on that platform.

Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation.

Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC.

I was hoping so much to finally get this elusive frog skins when cross-save was announced...

Spoiler

c841fa587e2208602b302e33d75af9bf.png

But now that hope is dead.

If you were like me (on PC), who was looking for a potential chance to finally get access to Sony/Playstation exclusive Obsidian skins, then you're out of luck. Not going to happen. (And Vice Versa for Sony/Playstation users wanting the skins from other platforms). Sad, the only skin I cared about, and it had to be locked because Sony.

Nothing else to say, I'm just disappointed is all.

(I'm not so sure about the in case of account linking? But I'm assuming it's the same situation?)

Edited by BlindStalker
edited again for more clarity reasons
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

(I'm not so sure about the in case of account linking? But I'm assuming it's the same situation?)

Most likely. Which is a shame. I could understand this with Excalibur Prime back in the day (although I could not share the opinion), but now you'll see it no matter where you play due crossplay, so it's a bit silly to keep all this stuff platform exclusive if you have bought it (except certain cases where they really can't by contract).

im guessing this is a platform issue, since platforms usely dont like free advertisements.

like, it would of been easy to do "this package is only purchasable on ____ platform, but can be used on all platforms once purchased".

i 1000% bet this would generate a lot more money, atm the current decision kinda makes these worthless now unless its the platform you are maining. 

Edit: by platform issue, i mean like how Nintendo accounts cant use plat from nintendo on other platforms while every other platform has a shared wallet.

"Any Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch Warframe profiles will not be accessible on other platforms. On PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you will have a shared wallet, meaning that Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms."

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika

Basically I'm a collector

and i want to know if you can transfer console exclusive skins to your pc account since i have a ps4

is this possible cause it would be cool to have the obsidian bundles on my main pc account

EDIT: This comment was a post before it got merged into here

Edited by Jivy
Context

It seems like all exclusives will be available everywhere EXCEPT Playstation, so if you aren't on PS this is a non issue. If you are on PS/want the PS skins elsewhere...write a complaint to Sony I guess...

Similar for Nintenno not being able to trade eshop bought plat but hopefully you can just buy plat on another linked platform and avoid that problem.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Zodryn said:

It seems like all exclusives will be available everywhere EXCEPT Playstation, so if you aren't on PS this is a non issue. If you are on PS/want the PS skins elsewhere...write a complaint to Sony I guess...

Similar for Nintenno not being able to trade eshop bought plat but hopefully you can just buy plat on another linked platform and avoid that problem.

Oh I see now, now that I've re-read it for the 14th time because I'm operating on lack of sleep. So it is just Sony's Obsidian collection being platform locked, and vice versa for Sony users being locked out of cross-platform skins too. Thank you for clarifying, edited my OP. Sorry for the earlier confusion/misreading.

Edited by BlindStalker

It's an odd decision to lock out the console specific skins. Those platforms could just allow for those skins to be sold again, but on the condition that they must be purchased from their respective storefront. In short, they make more money without losing out on any profit and players get more options, while acting like a walking billboard for said platform. I'm not shocked about the Excal prime though. That's always been in a weird exclusivity warp which is unlikely to change until Tencent puts it's foot down.

3 minutes ago, Sierra said:

It's an odd decision to lock out the console specific skins. Those platforms could just allow for those skins to be sold again, but on the condition that they must be purchased from their respective storefront. In short, they make more money without losing out on any profit and players get more options, while acting like a walking billboard for said platform. I'm not shocked about the Excal prime though. That's always been in a weird exclusivity warp which is unlikely to change until Tencent puts it's foot down.

Welcome to exclusivity. Only brainless morons engage in it, and thus the decisions surrounding it are universally bizarre and nonsensical.

• Like 4

Was very hyped for cross save so i could play the game with my excal in more than 10 fps ( consoles are cheaper than a good pc ) .It is really disapointing that founder items wont be playable on consoles. Like at this point just release him for everyone as long as i can use him ... to sum it up " My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined " .

Edited by xXtiggyXx

I'll admit it's still a little confusing when it comes to how these items will behave.

Assuming they will still be registered on the account, only just not usable on said platform... Like your excal prime would only appear in your inventory when logging in on pc, but if you log onto ps5 afterwards you can use your obsidian skin, etc... Hopefully it will be smartly done by having a "platform lock" icon on the item but it being present in your inventory so you know you stilll have it.

Still gonna give kudos for DE on that one... The fact they even offer account merger is pretty nice, since they could have done something like force people to log into their best account and drop the other ones.

After moving from PC to PlayStation due to my friends on the PlayStation getting into warframe, I am also hoping that Excalibur Prime will not be deleted but locked out for the platform. It says locked but maybe a better description for what to expect would be nice on DE's part, I.E.: (after saying the founders stuff would be locked) They will still appear in the armoury but wont be selectable on any platform other than PC. This would go a long way to alleviate some confusion from a founders point of view.

I'd also appreciate some more clarification in regard to how founders accounts will behave. I joined in the closed beta and was on PC due to it being the only option at the time. I enjoyed the game enough to look past subpar framerates and graphics due to my PC at the time being quite old. I began a new account when it released on consoles and enjoyed the experience much more with the better hardware but was always on the fence about committing to that account when I knew my founder items were on PC and ultimately that's where I felt I would go back to.

I'm currently MR 20 on console and 9 on PC, If I merge my PC and console account and I make the PC my main account, will I be able to then use that PC account on my PS5? Will that PC account being played through console by means of cross save mean I'll have access to my founders items? If yes then I know I'll most likely lose all the progress I have gained on the console, AND any exclusive PS items like the obsidian skins, but at least I'll feel fully committed to that 1 account and won't mind regrinding from MR 9. If no and I'll only have access to the founder items when I'm playing on a PC then I don't really see how cross save will benefit my situation at all. I would imagine my situation is quite common, and It would be nice if founders received clarification on these things before some of us are given the opportunity to merge and make a mistake we can't undo. Please and thank you.

I'm a founder myself on my pc account and this genuinely dissapoints me. 

I like a few other founders began playing warframe on a literal toaster and moved to console, I've wanted to bring over my Excalibur prime ever since.

With that now being snuffed out I'm considering whether I want to be a part of this game any longer to be honest as it just feels like I'm being asked to test a feature that has the potential to nuke my account without any tangible benefit to me.

I hope at the very least accolades are appropriately merged. I've always liked seeing the history in my accounts for games so that would be a small token.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-11-26 at 6:31 AM, (PSN)RootVI said:

I'm a founder myself on my pc account and this genuinely dissapoints me. 

I like a few other founders began playing warframe on a literal toaster and moved to console, I've wanted to bring over my Excalibur prime ever since.

With that now being snuffed out I'm considering whether I want to be a part of this game any longer to be honest as it just feels like I'm being asked to test a feature that has the potential to nuke my account without any tangible benefit to me.

I hope at the very least accolades are appropriately merged. I've always liked seeing the history in my accounts for games so that would be a small token.

No.

On 2023-11-24 at 6:02 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

figured as much. DE would probably argue something along the lines of "it'd be unfair to those who purchased them" to make them universal.

guess this also means I can continue to flaunt my Obsidian Drip in front of cross-platform squads, harharhar! (not gonna lie though, Xbox Jade Rhino is nice too)

They would most likely argue with legal contracts 

Obsidian Skins are PlayStation exclusive, Sony wouldn’t let DE make it available on other platforms unless they make it so. In the end, Sony has the last say for that. Same goes with the other exclusives. Legal contracts, you can hate em, but they make sense. (At least most)