Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SP Hive

yasthoor

Question

Recently, I've been trying to solo the SP. I don't know why I postponed it for so long, but I finally took it on.

Anyway - during today's SP Incursion, I encountered the Hive for the first time, and... I have no idea how to remove those growths. Even if I manage to deal some damage to them, before I bring their HP bar down halfway, it regenerates.

What am I doing wrong? So far, my setup has been doing great - Fulmin Prime and Incarnon Hate. Any advice? I mainly play Nidus.

25 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The objectives in Hive don't regenerate. If you can, share a video clip of what you're experiencing so we have a better idea of what's going on.

Yes they do, once you destroy the tumors and then go to destroy the hive if you take to long or don't do enough damage to the hive in a certain time, they heal themselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes they do, once you destroy the tumors and then go to destroy the hive if you take to long or don't do enough damage to the hive in a certain time, they heal themselves.

Gonna have to press X to doubt on that one chief. I've taken 10+ minutes to kill a hive before (was on Xaku with Phantasma, that was painful but a lesson learned), and the tumors never respawned nor the hive itself regenerated any health I'd already chipped off it.

Just now, Hexerin said:

Gonna have to press X to doubt on that one chief. I've taken 10+ minutes to kill a hive before (was on Xaku with Phantasma, that was painful but a lesson learned), and the tumors never respawned nor the hive itself regenerated any health I'd already chipped off it.

I said the Hive, not the tumours.

The Hive will regenerate health if you are not doing enough damage to it over time.

52 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Can you share any recommended weapon/frame setups?  With my load it was taking ages to bring them halfway down and then they regenerated.

EDIT: Just managed to do it with Hildryn - Pillage and subsumed Ember ability and lots of ground smashes. Not the most elegant way of doing it I guess but it worked :)

Edited by yasthoor

7 minutes ago, yasthoor said:

Can you share any recommended weapon/frame setups?  With my load it was taking ages to bring them halfway down and then they regenerated.

Strangely, Ash's Fatal Teleport actually works on them. Not to mention that Ash himself can largely ignore the Infested and partially the Acotyle.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The objectives in Hive don't regenerate.

They totally do. The big ones at least. If your damage is not high enough you cant kill em on SP.

You need to stop hitting them for a second to observe it.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb yasthoor:

I tested it atm with Kullervo and Galatine Prime, his 1 works god on them without any combo. Gyre and Hespar have also worked and Wisp with Plague Keewar and havy attacks was fine too.

As mentioned by others, the hives regenerate their health if it takes too long to destroy them.  What makes them hard in SP is their armor, giving them crazy high damage reduction.
Using any warframe ability that removes 100% armor makes a world of difference.  They are immune to procs, so a corrossive proc will not happen.

• Like 2

On 2023-11-29 at 6:50 AM, Slayer-. said:

The Hive will regenerate health if you are not doing enough damage to it over time.

I specifically said in the last part of that post that the hives themselves also didn't regenerate.

On 2023-11-29 at 7:29 AM, yasthoor said:

EDIT: Just managed to do it with Hildryn - Pillage and subsumed Ember ability and lots of ground smashes. Not the most elegant way of doing it I guess but it worked :)

The hives have ferrite armor and infested health, so they would take the most damage from a weapon that is modded for corrosive/heat with primarily puncture and has some slash.

Also, why would you subsume Fire Blast onto Hildryn? The only thing Feat Blast does is strip armor, but you have Pillage for that (which also strips shields too).

Edited by Hexerin

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

they do, the reason why i even know that is because of triburos's stug-only run, where they had to use the bullet jump damage to kill the hives which took much too long and resulted in the hives regenerating.you can find the video here: https://youtu.be/6PxyGwpLJu8?si=hfiH9UXAnuDsjmuz&t=332 with a timestamp.

i think for you it was because you spent 10 minutes gradually dealing damage where the real issue is not dealing damage for 5 seconds. 

19 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I specifically said in the last part of that post that the hives themselves also didn't regenerate.

I misread the part about the tumours you wrote, my bad.

I was 100% correct on the Steel Path Hive though, unless we are all wrong and were seeing things.  

7 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

they do, the reason why i even know that is because of triburos's stug-only run, where they had to use the bullet jump damage to kill the hives which took much too long and resulted in the hives regenerating.you can find the video here: https://youtu.be/6PxyGwpLJu8?si=hfiH9UXAnuDsjmuz&t=332 with a timestamp.

i think for you it was because you spent 10 minutes gradually dealing damage where the real issue is not dealing damage for 5 seconds. 

Okay, so it's only if you stop dealing damage to them entirely for a significant length of time. Xaku's Grasp of Lohk takes care of all the Infested that come to harass me, so I was able to focus entirely on killing the Hive. Combine with Phantasma taking less than a second to reload, and there was never a significant gap in dealing damage.

18 hours ago, yasthoor said:

It depends on what weapons I have with me, sometimes I'll do that mission with Ivara for the peace and quiet, I run mostly Viral but sometimes I have corrosive.

If I'm testing weapons and nothing is doing enough damage I always have a melee that doing heavy slams on top of the Hive will wear it down.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Also, why would you subsume Heat Blast onto Hildryn? The only thing Heat Blast does is strip armor, but you have Pillage for that (which also strips shields too).

Archon vitality. I was never using her 4 so why not i guess? Dunno if my build is viable and optimal or not, but I'm trying to play the game without wiki (which is sometimes impossible TBH) and it works for me so I'm sticking to it for a time being.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

If I'm testing weapons and nothing is doing enough damage I always have a melee that doing heavy slams on top of the Hive will wear it down.

Yeah, in the end heavy slams also worked for me :)

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The hives have ferrite armor and infested health, so they would take the most damage from a weapon that is modded for corrosive/heat with primarily puncture and has some slash.

Also, why would you subsume Fire Blast onto Hildryn? The only thing Heat Blast does is strip armor, but you have Pillage for that (which also strips shields too).

{Unnecessary}

Edited by (XBOX)Muevelos
Timing

On 2023-11-29 at 4:11 PM, yasthoor said:

Recently, I've been trying to solo the SP. I don't know why I postponed it for so long, but I finally took it on.

Anyway - during today's SP Incursion, I encountered the Hive for the first time, and... I have no idea how to remove those growths. Even if I manage to deal some damage to them, before I bring their HP bar down halfway, it regenerates.

What am I doing wrong? So far, my setup has been doing great - Fulmin Prime and Incarnon Hate. Any advice? I mainly play Nidus.

The Hives are immune to Status effects but if you have enough DPS you can shred them easily. In my opinion a hard hitting weapon that can deal a lot of damage per shot released is the best way to take the hives out. You could also add in the armor strip factor and some damage buffing abilities like roar (which pairs up perfectly with a bane of infested mod that would double dip your damage dealt) and/or modding your weapon for Gas (since all the hives are very vulnerable to gas damage, without them having their armor). I bet since you already have SP unlocked you have some decent weapons and warframes. I dont know what weapons you have but Fulmin could be decent at taking out he hives, if modded correctly. 

Edited by BowserNC

If you can, having Unairu is a pretty convenient way to deal with them. Strips the armour that makes them quite tanky. Also try to make sure that you hit the central part and not the sides. If you want a super easy time dealing with the smaller tumours, Equinox is also great to bring (their 4 works on the small tumours). 

On 2023-11-30 at 1:14 AM, Hexerin said:

The objectives in Hive don't regenerate.

they regenerate...   Health

On 2023-11-30 at 7:56 PM, Hexerin said:

Health

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Maybe read the thread before stepping into an outdated portion of a conversation.

Request Denied

Other than that

15 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

The Hives are immune to Status effects

If so then straight damage as high as possible,    Armor strip is basically a Effective Health Cull/Null 

If Critical damage works than even better.

I don't particularly remember if spectres target hives

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

If so then straight damage as high as possible,    Armor strip is basically a Effective Health Cull/Null 

If Critical damage works than even better.

I don't particularly remember if spectres target hives

Hives are immune to status effects, however they accept crits normally. You can also strip them, although that's not recommended. You'll do more if you mod for corrosive/heat on a puncture weighted weapon.

Specters will attack hives, but only if there is literally nothing else to attack in their detection range (which is very large). If there's anything else, they'll prioritize that instead of the hive. Also, only the Tenno specters and the On-Call Crew specters are actually useful for this purpose, as generic specters (like the syndicate specters) simply don't do any actual damage to the hives (at least on SP, even if solo).

Edited by Hexerin