Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

4 hours ago, Belmenel said:

While I appreciate the response, it still only addresses why we can't merge an account and it's duplicate. It hasn't yet addressed why we're unable to merge the original account with a non-duplicated one, given that it would have zero impact on the existence of duplicates, or why we can't delete untouched accounts to clear the way for a merge, especially given the amount of money involved in some of these.

It feels so incredibly frustrating to have done everything short of kicking and screaming to get this issue looked at and STILL, when we finally get an answer, it doesn't actually answer anything

• Like 5

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The FAQ, for those who may not have seen, holds our stance and reasoning:

This was not a decision that was taken lightly during Cross Save development. We recognize that it’s frustrating for players who decided years ago to Migrate to be now limited in their Cross Platform Save options.

What I don't understand is why it's not possible to allow users affected by this to simply discard the migrated account.

From what I've heard, a lot of players that are affected by this played on both PC & Xbox/PS5 and when Switch came out, those who happened to own a Switch took part in the one-time migration and only played on it for a day or two since it wasn't really worth it. So - why can't there be an option to just throw away that unused migrated save to re-allow Merging?

My only guess as to why this is apparently not possible is that despite keeping track of whether or not the user has migrated, DE might've never bothered to record exactly which platform saves were created through migration. If true, then that's a big oof.

• Like 8

Zitat

This was not a decision that was taken lightly during Cross Save development

but listed it afterwards in the FAQ, not mention it before crosssave was avaible that migrated accounts could not participate in cross-merge.

and if we dont get our merge options

how about cross migrated accounts get at least compensation for the time and money we put in those accounts ...

a reasonable amount of platinium,

the items we would have got in an inbox message as a present "pseudo merge"(much work)

exclusive items with much value behind them

Edited by -PLM-Kiski73
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Erra said:

What I don't understand is why it's not possible to allow users affected by this to simply discard the migrated account.

From what I've heard, a lot of players that are affected by this played on both PC & Xbox/PS5 and when Switch came out, those who happened to own a Switch took part in the one-time migration and only played on it for a day or two since it wasn't really worth it. So - why can't there be an option to just throw away that unused migrated save to re-allow Merging?

My only guess as to why this is apparently not possible is that despite keeping track of whether or not the user has migrated, DE might've never bothered to record exactly which platform saves were created through migration. If true, then that's a big oof.

At the risk of looking like a fool, I am working on getting information from a player who made a claim which would indicate that they are lying/making a mistake.

This player claims they won a special PS4 from a contest years ago, for which they made a migration of their account from PC to the PS4

Fast forward to when account migrations opened up, they were able to MERGE these migrated accounts for whatever reason.

Right now they are submitting to support to get the information on their account to show me as proof.

I only mention it now instead of waiting for that info as DE is making the merging a limited time thing, so I can't really sit on this imo.

DE: If you did this for one player, why can't you do it for everyone? Was the pre condition that we win a PS4 from Taco Bell?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MinimumWageMage said:

Thank you for responding. It is an incredibly frustrating situation that has frankly killed all enjoyment of the game for me personally. I have not played since learning of how restrictive this policy is.

while I understand that allowing accounts that are derivative of each other a merge would clone items that were only acquired once technically, this is not the the issue.

the issue is that the merge restriction is extended to the original account therefore barring ANY merge. I would like to merge my Xbox account with PC. (Migrated to switch, which is the duplicate account)

these are both unrelated accounts that were started from scratch.

I would also like to add that my credentials and user name on Xbox are literally the exact same as PC but they are completely separate accounts that are not involved with each other in any way. You can verify this by looking at them.

I was led to believe that this was a situation in which a merge would be permitted until the policy on this was made public.

Many of us would like an explanation for this, since it makes no logical sense.

I can understand if it is a technical limitation, but that does not seem to be the case. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Below this post is my other completely unrelated, un-migrated Xbox account for reference.

This is the account I would be merging if I was allowed to do so.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Forums signed in the wrong account
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, .2B. said:

$4,000 USD in this game.

I'm sorry but I'm no longer going to put a single dollar into this game.

You have failed to respect my time and my money put into the game on various platforms.

I'm going to encourage everyone I know to drop this game ASAP because this is not cool. I'm so disappointed that it took nearly three months to get this back as a response on a random forum post.

I'll also be organizing a protest at Tennocon this year for players who are unable to merge as per the issues outlined in this thread. (Respectfully)

For other players: Please reach out to me if you are interested in this, thank you.

Keep up the fight big dawg ✊🏽

• Like 5

This is infuriating. I still don't understand why it's been so GD hard for DE to show us the respect we've earned through the time and money invested in this game, respect that DE frankly OWES us, and refuses to show.

Making me choose between loosing a ton of content that i PAID for, or having trade with my family stifled because their merges worked, isn't an acceptable situation, not after years of hoping for an eventual merge. Being able to keep playing without DE up and deleting a bunch of my stuff over thier own mistakes shouldn't be a big ask.

While i understand there are difficulties, thats no excuse for the complete lack of effort or empathy. The responses we've received have ranged from ghoulish to outright harassment. We deserve better, and I personally refuse to let up until you do better.

• Like 5

Well I can sense a whole lot of court cases being drawn up… lose paid for items and content, I want all that content, plat bought etc refunded on the account that is having to be lost due to zero previous warnings then.

Can’t refuse to help and brush it off, merging accounts that split then yes but two completely unrelated accounts should not be prevented.

Looks like we got our final word though from @[DE]Megan on there stance, very disappointing and a kick in the teeth for all the hours and monetary investment players have put in across all platforms to make sure the game survived as long as it did. 

Tenno out o7

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ScouserChris said:

Well I can sense a whole lot of court cases being drawn up… lose paid for items and content, I want all that content, plat bought etc refunded on the account that is having to be lost due to zero previous warnings then.

Can’t refuse to help and brush it off, merging accounts that split then yes but two completely unrelated accounts should not be prevented.

Looks like we got our final word though from @[DE]Megan on there stance, very disappointing and a kick in the teeth for all the hours and monetary investment players have put in across all platforms to make sure the game survived as long as it did. 

Tenno out o7

I don't want this to go into extremes, the most we can do is stop playing, we don't own the contents of our accounts, no lawyer would take up the argument you are making there.

We CAN though protest at Tennocon this summer to show everyone what we are dealing with.

• Like 3

No lawyer in the US at least. There are parts of Europe with significantly stronger consumer protection laws however, so if you're in the EU this might be a good time to ask a lawyer, especially if you have a significant amount of money invested.

I would also put in a BBB(and/or the canadian equivalent) complaint.

• Like 4

On 2024-02-22 at 3:53 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hi Tenno,

We want to clarify two things here:

1. Our stance and why we decided not to allow Merging if a Migration took place

2. Confusion on where/how to best share your feedback on the topic

Hi Megan,

I want to clarify one thing here

The FAQ is exactly what makes this confusing.

The FAQ states that the reason is "due to another version of the account and its inventory existing"

Yet we know it is possible to have accounts deleted. There's no manual way for us to do that, but support is capable of account deletion upon request. Therefore, the solution to allowing an account merge is to delete one of the accounts involved in migration so that only one version of it exists, according to your own reasoning and what we know you are capable of.

If this is a more fundamental coding issue, this a completely different problem than we have been given the impression that it is, so please inform us if that is the case. But this sounds like an oversight on DE's part instead of a coding issue, and that's why we are here trying to hash this out. Repeating the FAQ doesn't answer this question at all. We wouldn't be here if the FAQ made sense on its own.

The cherry on top here is that the asterisked note on the third section of the cross platform save webpage states the eligibility exception rule in a way that makes much more sense and fits exactly what we're saying here in a way that sounds totally fair.

For example, if you migrated a PC account to PlayStation in the past, the PlayStation account would not be eligible to Merge. It will Link instead.

JUST the PlayStation account. That's exactly what we all want! None of us want to merge our clone account with the original, we just want our PC account merged with one of the two other platforms that we never did any migration to, that each have their own separate progression. And this fits perfectly with the spirit of this policy, since merging with the original accounts will cause the clone account to be linked anyway, since only one merge can take place. The spirit of the policy is fulfilled, and we get what we want. It's a win for both of us.

Now do you understand why we're here?

• Like 8

''While these accounts cannot be Merged, they can still take part in Account Linking. Selecting the Warframe account you wish to prioritize as your Primary Account will allow you to access it across all platforms."

-also lose everything you have on one or the other account :D

• Like 5

@[DE]Megan

It's been more than a week. You said you were going to clarify why we couldn't merge, but then ignored our scenario entirely in your explanation, despite the specifics having been made abundantly clear throughout the various threads, and in our direct responses.

When can we expect a real answer? Both the claim that you were going to clarify and the claim the explanation applies to us are outright lies.

This behavior by DE is still abusive and unacceptable, and still needs to be corrected.

• Like 5

im holding of so many weapons and frames to build for hoping merge is soon possible for me, cause if i build them i end up with repeats and a loss in slots,forma and reactors

and this for years since announcemend of crosssave and im still waiting

for some clearity

but what i hate the most is nonone talks about it devstreams/shorts,primetime,forums,support none with any good explanation just here look FAQ

im just mad and dissapointed with the situation big let down for a game which i love so bad

just let everyone merge their accounts, delete 1 of the copies or give us compensations

• Like 5

My PC account was a founder account that I made on my toaster of a laptop in 2013. I migrated to PS4 shortly after it's release.

If I didn't have founder exclusives on my pc account I'd be more than happy to wipe it's progress since I haven't done much with the account since migration. However due to the fact I do have exclusives DE have essentially put me in a position where I either wipe out an account that has thousands of hours on it, wipe out an account with exclusive content that will never be made available again or make a new pc account which defeats the entire purpose.

I've basically stopped playing since the release of cross save to be honest. The non-responses and lack of clarity from DE, flip flopping on issues, inaccuracies in the faq have essentially made the cross save release an absolute shambles. Not to mention the fact that up until day of release there was zero mention in the faq about migration being barred. 

I'm stepping away from Warframe till this is sorted out, makes me truly sad after ten years playing this game.

• Like 7

On 3/2/2024 at 10:56 AM, snapcracklepop said:

My PC account was a founder account that I made on my toaster of a laptop in 2013. I migrated to PS4 shortly after it's release.

If I didn't have founder exclusives on my pc account I'd be more than happy to wipe it's progress since I haven't done much with the account since migration. However due to the fact I do have exclusives DE have essentially put me in a position where I either wipe out an account that has thousands of hours on it, wipe out an account with exclusive content that will never be made available again or make a new pc account which defeats the entire purpose.

I've basically stopped playing since the release of cross save to be honest. The non-responses and lack of clarity from DE, flip flopping on issues, inaccuracies in the faq have essentially made the cross save release an absolute shambles. Not to mention the fact that up until day of release there was zero mention in the faq about migration being barred. 

I'm stepping away from Warframe till this is sorted out, makes me truly sad after ten years playing this game.

The DE community and dev teams have obliterated my trust and their goodwill they built up over the past ten years.

So much of crossave was revealed to us at the last possible moment, and it feels very intentional.

The reason I loved the dev team was because of how transparent they were. Those days are gone I guess. It’s truly sad to see.

• Like 4

I too am in a similar situation. i made my pc account first in 2015. didnt play the game much at that time tho. then i got the game on ps4. that was my main account. most of my progress is on that account. then when the switch merge thing happened, I tried it out. but the switch experience had flaws, so I dint play it that much. fast foward to today, My ps4 is 10 years old and is showing its age. I dont play it anymore. I have played warframe on PC, and I have a few things I really dont to lose. Then i was gifted a steam deck for holiday. its everything i wanted out of the switch. I try warframe on steam deck and its a really fun, genuinely a great game experience. So i get really excited when i remember cross save is coming to warframe so i can play with my ps4 stuff on the steam deck. but then the big day comes and DE tells me i have to delete my pc account because i tested the switch merge.

If the duplicates are an issue, just let me delete the switch account please. I dont get why thats hard to do. 

• Like 3

On 2024-02-22 at 4:53 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hi Tenno,

We want to clarify two things here:

1. Our stance and why we decided not to allow Merging if a Migration took place

2. Confusion on where/how to best share your feedback on the topic

This was not a decision that was taken lightly during Cross Save development. We recognize that it’s frustrating for players who decided years ago to Migrate to be now limited in their Cross Platform Save options.

To address the second point, Support can assist with Cross Platform Save issues you encounter (missing items, error when linking etc), and the Forums are a place where we welcome your feedback and constructive suggestions. Apologies for the confusion on where the best place was to go to get clarification or provide your thoughts.

Thank you.

So I just want to ask, since the FAQ has changed a few times, I still won't be able to access my items on Switch when I play on my PC account if I link accounts right? My Switch account may have copied inventories at one point (Which we were pretty much encouraged to do when that was new!) but it has a VERY different inventor than my PC account. There are a lot of purchases and items I acquired in my time playing on the Switch before I came back to being able to play on PC that I don't want to lose. 

If linking doesn't allow me to have access to my items, then it feels like I'm being isolated from other players.  (Trading, not being a cross-save account, etc.)

To say I feel disappointed about this response is a baseline. :(

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SirReginold said:

So I just want to ask, since the FAQ has changed a few times, I still won't be able to access my items on Switch when I play on my PC account if I link accounts right? My Switch account may have copied inventories at one point (Which we were pretty much encouraged to do when that was new!) but it has a VERY different inventor than my PC account. There are a lot of purchases and items I acquired in my time playing on the Switch before I came back to being able to play on PC that I don't want to lose. 

If linking doesn't allow me to have access to my items, then it feels like I'm being isolated from other players.  (Trading, not being a cross-save account, etc.)

To say I feel disappointed about this response is a baseline. :(

You are correct, and Megan is communicating to us that we will not be compensated for our time and loyalty.

• Like 4

Why do you think that arbitrarily deleting half my stuff for literally no reason is somehow acceptable?

This is the big question you need to answer for the folks you're screwing with the account merge lies. Not randomly losing half my stuff is a bare minimum expectation for a live game like this.

This needs to be answered before we can take any other response to the situation seriously.

• Like 2

I might be slighty irritated because i think it is just really stupid.

Years ago (i believe 2018) migrating to switch was enabled. I thought "Wow cool, ill do that" since there were NO warning about not being able to do so again in the future. There was also no plans to do complete cross save at all.

Fast forward to 2023, technically 2024. And i try to do cross save as i want to be able to do a couch potato and play the game. Yet here i am, stopped, because i migrated to swtich in 2019, and i think i might have played a total of 3 hours on the switch....

I think its really scummy DE. There were no warning about future migrations being impossible, and now i am punished for liking the game and wanting to play it on the go. Please make cross save available to me, i dont care if you have to wipe my Switch version, since it had about 3 hours max played on it.

Edited by Kaethill
  • Like 6

It's beyond scummy, and they've been pushing this garbage for months now. I'm in the same boat, and unwilling to have half my stuff deleted because of DEs mistakes and poor planning.

• Like 3

On 2024-03-07 at 11:13 PM, Belmenel said:

It's beyond scummy, and they've been pushing this garbage for months now. I'm in the same boat, and unwilling to have half my stuff deleted because of DEs mistakes and poor planning.

Its just taking fans for a ride. I have played since 2013 and i am tired of the lack of support you get from DE. I actually uninstalled Warframe for the first time in December, i have always had it installed even in my "Time off" the game. But i am so tired of being treated like dirt by the develoupers of Warframe at this point. I returned because "Hey maybe with a proper cross save it makes sense" but only to get errors and then no answers for weeks when attempting to reach out.

It cant be MY fault that i wanted to play Warframe on the Switch with my PC gear? And then later to get screwed, by poor planning on DE's behalf

Edited by Kaethill
  • Like 3

It's weird too because they tease other games (destiny) for how Warframe will always allow you to play with content you paid for (except now in this scenario)

• Like 2