Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing to do in this game

NorthernDarkIceSoul

It takes half a year for DE to produce another update, just so that I can finish everything in 3 days and then quit the game to come back another 6 months later. Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously? Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...? There is literally nothing to do in Warframe right now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously?

you mean like Nightwave, Circuit, Steel Path Incursions, etc.

this isn't DE problem, it's a you problem; you're rushing through content as fast as you possibly can, then wondering why you're bored. if you learned to slow down once in a while, you might see the game differently in some areas.

• Like 24

5 часов назад, (PSN)robotwars7 сказал:

you mean like Nightwave, Circuit, Steel Path Incursions, etc.

this isn't DE problem, it's a you problem; you're rushing through content as fast as you possibly can, then wondering why you're bored. if you learned to slow down once in a while, you might see the game differently in some areas.

Those three things you listed are of no interest to me, as they are simply not awarding; might as well just sit in survival mode. DE must provide with some sort of competitive PVP aspect, otherwise I don't see how else they could keep me engaged.

• Like 2

5 часов назад, (NSW)Greybones сказал:

Sounds like you’ve set your own goal, and that goal was to get through everything as fast as possible, and you achieved it! 🎉

My goal has always been the same, that is to gain as much power as possible. At this point my battle strength had accumulated to a level where no PVE content poses a challenge to me.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

My goal has always been the same, that is to gain as much power as possible. At this point my battle strength had accumulated to a level where no PVE content poses a challenge to me.

Sounds like you’ve achieved that as well. The game’s designed for more than just whatever minmaxing you’ve done though, and you had to sacrifice quite a few of the options you’ve earned along the way that may prove entertaining in alternative ways; have you considered trying something else?

• Like 1

There is plenty to do in Warframe, you just don't want to do it. The devs do not cater for you alone and anyway 6 months isn't a long time away from a game.

28 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...?

This just screams that you don't know what you want to do. Is it DE's fault that you grind through everything superfast?

Basically its a you problem. Maybe its time to find another game.

Id suggest an MMO like EVE Online where you compete against players as well as pve.

• Like 7

5 часов назад, Ascythian сказал:

There is plenty to do in Warframe, you just don't want to do it. The devs do not cater for you alone and anyway 6 months isn't a long time away from a game.

This just screams that you don't know what you want to do. Is it DE's fault that you grind through everything superfast?

Basically its a you problem. Maybe its time to find another game.

Id suggest an MMO like EVE Online where you compete against players as well as pve.

This is precisely my point. There might be things to do; however, they are not compelling. I am not willing to find another game, as there are no other decent games out there. I am merely requesting a different kind of content, a fresh approach that would keep me from quitting after 3 days.

• Like 1

"this game has nothing to do" - someone who has done everything and has nothing LEFT to do

Play something else for a year or two. Then there will be plenty to do when you come back :)

Honestly its a weird criticism to make. There's hundreds of hours (if not thousands) of content in Warframe. Just because you've run through everything you want to do doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the content release patterns nor the amount of content available to the player. Games are not infinite... without intending to be insulting, play something else if you're bored of warframe. Nothing wrong with that. I'm currently in a "down" cycle with warframe and don't really intend to go active again for a year or two because I've exhausted most everything too.

1 minute ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I am not willing to find another game, as there are no other decent games out there.

Oh buddy then you really don't have a right to complain. You're choosing to put yourself in a situation where you play a game that doesn't offer what you want. It isn't up to the developers to accommodate you.

• Like 8

5 часов назад, Leqesai сказал:

"this game has nothing to do" - someone who has done everything and has nothing LEFT to do

Play something else for a year or two. Then there will be plenty to do when you come back :)

Honestly its a weird criticism to make. There's hundreds of hours (if not thousands) of content in Warframe. Just because you've run through everything you want to do doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the content release patterns nor the amount of content available to the player. Games are not infinite... without intending to be insulting, play something else if you're bored of warframe. Nothing wrong with that. I'm currently in a "down" cycle with warframe and don't really intend to go active again for a year or two because I've exhausted most everything too.

This is indeed a good point. However, have you ever thought how Counter-Strike manages to maintain several hundred thousand online players? They don't even add anything to the game, except for the skins of course. Wouldn't it be great if we could continuously enjoy Warframe forever, the same way Counter-Strike players enjoy Counter-Strike?

• Like 1

5 часов назад, Cerenax сказал:

OP is MR18, he has done basically nothing in this game yet. What a pointless thread.

I gave up on raising MR a long time ago, as it does not present any benefits. The process of raising MR is boring, pointless and tedious. I wish you the best luck with raising your own MR, however, I will remain at MR 18 for the foreseeable future, and just so you know, my MR experience or whatever it's called is maxed, I simply choose not to take the test.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I gave up on raising MR a long time ago, as it does not present any benefits. The process of raising MR is boring, pointless and tedious. I wish you the best luck with raising your own MR, however, I will remain at MR 18 for the foreseeable future, and just so you know, my MR experience or whatever it's called is maxed, I simply choose not to take the test.

You're really just setting yourself a low hanging fruit of achievement and considering anything past it "boredom" or "nothing to do". Warframe has never been a game to really challenge gear itself, but more of your choices with your arsenal. The point is mainly to collect loot and create your own aspirations with where you want to take your account, equipment, and how you approach what DE is releasing through their updates.

I've been playing for almost 9 years now with recently over 10,000 in-game hours. There are still areas of the game I can "raise the bar", though these days I have been slowing down, because Warframe's endgame has moreso become a scheduled cycle instead of tackling a form of content where I want to really squeeze the potential out of what I'm doing. Gargoyle's Cry feels closer to Plague Star or Nights of Naberus than Hostile Mergers or Pacifism Defect in this regard.

With that said, just taking a look at your profile, you still have many areas you can "raise the bar" with where you want to take your account. Whether you want to is up to you, but "nothing to do in this game" as a thread that is hiding the fact you want a PvP experience shows that you're just playing the wrong game at that point.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 8

You have conclave :) By the time you get decent matches in new updates should be there!

Theese are the consequences when DE try to make game more easy and new player accessible. Althought time gate and certain mr locked conted is frowned upon, its atleast drag time killing aspect and you to improve slowly. 

But mostly op stuff we get early mr`s now, and rest of the game is race to see if today mission i can complete faster than yesterday.

33 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Humans always strive for optimization. Even the most ordinary people won't look for the right page in the book by looking at every subsequent page number, they will open the book at random place and, depending on the page number, will advance in an appropriate direction; this called a binary search. So would I not use the best possible build? Why would I take a loss on purpose? For what sake? I cannot understand.

Well what good is it doing you right now, dude? You’ve got a whole game to poke around in, and you’ve achieved your optimisation goals so now you don’t need to stress over them. The game doesn’t care what you do, it’s giving you every chance to do something different than what’s currently causing you distress. Optimisation is a journey and you did it, you’ve got nothing left unless you start exploring alternative varyingly-optimal routes, this is a thing that happens by the very nature of optimisation

41 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Humans always strive for optimization. Even the most ordinary people won't look for the right page in the book by looking at every subsequent page number, they will open the book at random place and, depending on the page number, will advance in an appropriate direction; this called a binary search. So would I not use the best possible build? Why would I take a loss on purpose? For what sake? I cannot understand.

Are you asking how you do something other than the boring thing?

5 часов назад, Voltage сказал:

You're really just setting yourself a low hanging fruit of achievement and considering anything past it "boredom" or "nothing to do". Warframe has never been a game to really challenge gear itself, but more of your choices with your arsenal. The point is mainly to collect loot and create your own aspirations with where you want to take your account, equipment, and how you approach what DE is releasing through their updates.

I've been playing for almost 9 years now with recently over 10,000 in-game hours. There are still areas of the game I can "raise the bar", though these days I have been slowing down, because Warframe's endgame has moreso become a scheduled cycle instead of tackling a form of content where I want to really squeeze the potential out of what I'm doing. Gargoyle's Cry feels closer to Plague Star or Nights of Naberus than Hostile Mergers or Pacifism Defect in this regard.

With that said, just taking a look at your profile, you still have many areas you can "raise the bar" with where you want to take your account. Whether you want to is up to you, but "nothing to do in this game" as a thread that is hiding the fact you want a PvP experience shows that you're just playing the wrong game at that point.

If high hanging fruit means repetitively performing tasks, that don't even require a brain, for an extended period of time, then I don't want such a fruit. Maybe right now Warframe is not the right game for me to play, but it doesn't mean it has to remain this way, and thus I make this thread to provide feedback.

it is entirely normal and expected to finish the Content and play something(s) else for a while. the game is not trying to make you need to play every Day eternally. the Player Movement and overall Gameplay may indeed be quite interesting, but it's inevitable to tire of overplaying that too much, and want to stop.
there's Hundreds of Thousands of cool games, if you diversify your interests that'll be more enjoyable longterm.

54 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I am not willing to find another game, as there are no other decent games out there.

that's just living under a rock.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1