Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any non-guide way to effectively find Duviri Codex Fragments?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

I'd like to go and collect all of the Duviri Codex Fragments (or whatever they're called) so I can get all the good story and lore, and before I consult a guide I just wanted to check whether there was any manner of technique you can use to effectively search for Fragments in Duviri without one.  My experience seems to be that you kind of need to simply go everywhere and keep your eyes open, and that an exhaustive search of every nook and cranny would be necessary to find them all.  I've certainly found some that way, but I don't think I would find doing that for every cranny of the entire map to be enjoyable.  Are there any tricks or tools or techniques that make the process of finding these hidden objects less of a needle-in-haystack situation so that I can still have the fun of organically finding things without frying my brain?  Or is my only option to avoid that sizzle using a guide?

Thanks, Tenno!

7 answers to this question

Not really, beside from what you know already, as far as doing an exhaustive search... As already mentioned, they do glow, make a sound, and you can sort of develop a certain intuition for some. Like a lot tend to be in high places. So sometimes, if you are running or flying around, you can look at something up high and think... "I wonder..." and find one. Another potential tip of sorts, is that they are all numbered, plus have a letter assigned. They are also region based too, so if you visit Acrithis in your Zariman suite, the console that talks about each fragment, you could sort of see what areas are incomplete or complete, and then potentially use that to know what areas need more searching.

Also, depending on your intuition, and creativity, you may also have luck finding them, by thinking what places might be annoying or counter intuitive to check and find one... I have found some that way too, seeing something a bit odd and thinking "would be annoying trying to get there to put one... so someone probably put one there...".

I also ended up using a guide eventually anyway, because I was satisfied having found most of them, around 80% - 85%, maybe a bit more, and some were in areas, I doubt my eyes or ears would have registered, and I was getting more interested in reading the lore entries. There are some good guides out there, fortunately. 

• Like 1

They spawn on just about every mission, and they tend to spawn most often in the end-cap Labs tiles. I've never found one in a Murmur tile. Once you've found it the rest will be marked so there's no guesswork.

Some Bounties have finding one as the Bounty objective, which will mark it for you. Speaking of:

Spoiler

yseLPSz.png

Edited by PublikDomain

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

I've never found one in a Murmur tile.

They're never just in the wild in the labs. You have to destroy the book to get them. Tagfer announces when you find one and get close enough, but they blend in otherwise. Probably a pain to find them for people with hearing issues or those that turn off the game sounds and play other music.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I just wanted to check whether there was any manner of technique you can use to effectively search for Fragments in Duviri without one.

I used a guide to find them. Many of the fragments are near notable locations (so check near every village, Dax fort, named character, etc), but some of them are really out of the way. Fragments are grouped by location (so all the "We Are Not What We Were" fragments are on Thrax's Island, etc). They make a Shawzin strum sound when nearby, so if you crank your volume up that'll help. Of course, keep in mind that not all islands are present during the same mood (Archarbor and Amphitheatre have fragments), so it'll take at least 2 sessions unless you're in Joy or Envy. Some of the fragments are hidden in little caves that you can't know exist unless you jump sideways into a bush or something, so unless you want to drive yourself mad, I recommend using a guide. If you like, you can hunt for most of them on your own, and then use the guide to find the really tricky ones.

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

They spawn on just about every mission, and they tend to spawn most often in the end-cap Labs tiles.

This is good advice for the Albrecht's Notes fragments… which are different than the Lost Islands of Duviri fragments the OP is asking about.

Edited by GrayArchon
added island info
  • Like 2

I'd use a guide or your shooting yourself in the foot LMAO...   

If you just pick them up randomly your going to have a really hard time filling in the blanks later even with a guide.  As you will have to hit up every spot again... most likely....  

I need to finish 2 locations still.... I find almost all others myself!   I used people maps just to help narrow down the search area's...   but I'm so done with Duviri...  Im also missing 3 somachords =(.  

I really enjoyed the Whisper in Wall codex fragments stories... and I really wanted to listen to the duviri ones but I have held off until I have them all..   Maybe I will finish that stuff off now that I'm pretty done with Sanctum/Whispers.   I just need the shard segment, the captures,  legendary melee arcanes, and Tennokai mods....  lol sounds like a lot but I don't really care about most of it.   Hopefully they take mods out of C rotation when they come back from vacation or add them to standing store.