Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tempest Barrage Gyre is kind of fun, have you tried it?

Prof-Dante

Pillage was the obvious answer for me for this Warframe since she has bloated amount of shields and the only way to make use of them was through pillage...

however I am so into the idea of a Weather Warframe, I had to try tempest barrage in lieu of any other helminth ability.

high range and strength, with base efficiency and duration, there's no clip to show because I'm lazy and you really don't need to see another simulacrum nuke where everything is in a controlled environment.

the combination of Corrosive, viral from tempest with it's augment, and the electric shocks from rotorswell really boosts overall dps...but that's not the point really, you could have something like an armor strip ability and still get the same result.

it's that cool effect combination of rain and thunder storms that makes this build very fun...a weather Warframe that I've been longing for for quite some time.
her two can also count as a tornado vortex but the ball throws me off sometimes (is that a pun?) 

I wish we had a second helminth option so I can add airburst in there and get rain, "tornados" and thunder clouds.

• Like 4

Will need to try. I’ll always miss the old Barrage that knocked enemies all around though; would make for one hell of a storm

edit: Will see how it works at baseline before modifying it, but will keep suggestions for mods in mind

Edited by Merkranire

Provided you have the appropriate shards this could be fun. 

Though against factions other than grineer it isn't really necessary. Gyre is already a strong dps frame.

Though from a non-gameplay standpoint mixing elements is kind of cool.

• Like 2

Just now, Leqesai said:

Though against factions other than grineer it isn't really necessary. Gyre is already a strong dps frame.

My shards give me 25% damage on enemies affected by electric procs, and two mandatory crimson shards for strength and duration.

my original build was supposed to be free enough to add more violet shards for 60% but the efficiency was too jarring.

there is a last empty shard slot but I don't know exactly what to put.

another tau violet for 40%? an emerald one for corrosive instead? do these effects stack additively?  

10 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Will need to try. I’ll always miss the old Barrage that knocked enemies all around though; would make for one hell of a storm

it staggers them so it still kind of works the same way.

2 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

Yeah…

I’ll still give it a shot, as I’m a big fan of thematic building and building for gameplay, but it’s just not the same since they made Hydroid boringly practical.

🤔 Another thread brought up the Sonicor for reasons, maybe I could introduce some thunder to the mix and bring back the glory

3 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

My shards give me 25% damage on enemies affected by electric procs, and two mandatory crimson shards for strength and duration.

my original build was supposed to be free enough to add more violet shards for 60% but the efficiency was too jarring.

another tau violet for 40%? an emerald one for corrosive instead? do these effects stack additively?  

If you are doing corrosive procs then it should go without saying you want two shards that can get you to 100% armor strip from corrosive. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Armor stripping with 1st would be fun. Then everything dies with 4th or 3+ combination.

5 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:
5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Damage shard is big waste - use Strength one. You won't even see 10% difference. Realistically speaking it would be ~6% at ~300% moded strength.

If you want to go Damage route, do at least 4 normal OR 3 Tau. And start with few hundreds of Strength. Otherwise you won't see too much difference.

7 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Pillage was the obvious answer for me for this Warframe since she has bloated amount of shields and the only way to make use of them was through pillage...

however I am so into the idea of a Weather Warframe, I had to try tempest barrage in lieu of any other helminth ability.

high range and strength, with base efficiency and duration, there's no clip to show because I'm lazy and you really don't need to see another simulacrum nuke where everything is in a controlled environment.

the combination of Corrosive, viral from tempest with it's augment, and the electric shocks from rotorswell really boosts overall dps...but that's not the point really, you could have something like an armor strip ability and still get the same result.

it's that cool effect combination of rain and thunder storms that makes this build very fun...a weather Warframe that I've been longing for for quite some time.
her two can also count as a tornado vortex but the ball throws me off sometimes (is that a pun?) 

I wish we had a second helminth option so I can add airburst in there and get rain, "tornados" and thunder clouds.

Add vazarin ability for operator for your knock of airburst

Boom “tornado” 

Also, thanks for the idea, I’ll try it

Edited by Aruquae
Edit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mbf-wr said:

I love the concept and it sounds like fun to play.  Getting Airburst in there as well would make her Ororo Munroe.

A tribal themed Warframe that controls the weather would go so hard.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Damage shard is big waste

Well I slightly regret it but I made 5 tau topaz for Qorvex and his radiation damage lol.

75% multiplicative faction ability damage isn't as bad as you think...but you need a big percentage, so you're right...if you don't go all in don't go at all.

I can imagine the chaos of the Rotorswell/Cathode Current combo with the barrage, both going off at the same time raining corrosive and lightning across the room... would be quite the sight!

38 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

A tribal themed Warframe that controls the weather would go so hard.

Polynesian-style warframe that controls the weather and has a Shark-Tooth lined sword, or a Taiaha staff as a signature weapon.(dunno if I spelt that right, decent info on polynesian weapons is scarce), make it happen DE.

I'd also be willing to settle for an Aztec version wielding a Macahuitl, lemme get some of that pre-iron age unga bunga energy!

39 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd like to try this but I don't have space for 2 augments, plus I rarely stay put around an ability zone.

I do like the concept though; a "thunderstorm" frame.

I might gather enough energy to show the build I use for this play style....might help you out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I can imagine the chaos of the Rotorswell/Cathode Current combo with the barrage, both going off at the same time raining corrosive and lightning across the room... would be quite the sight!

I can confirm it's extremely fun, not only am i armor stripping i am also increasing my shocks damage with viral and stun locking enemies.

The visuals are insane the combination of lightning strikes + rain barrage is so cool.

I do love a build that is both memeable and actually effective.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Damage shard is big waste - use Strength one. You won't even see 10% difference. Realistically speaking it would be ~6% at ~300% moded strength.

If you want to go Damage route, do at least 4 normal OR 3 Tau. And start with few hundreds of Strength. Otherwise you won't see too much difference.

Strength is worse than damage unless he needs the strength for a cap or more from a buff since the strength is just more base damage for the skill while the damage shard is multiplicative modded base damage. 

1000 damage skill, 300% strength, 3000 damage.

1000 damage skill 310% strength, 3100 damage

1000 damage skill 300% strength, 3000 damage, add 10% ability damage and you get 3300 damage. Which gives you 3 times the damage compared to the strength shard.

I would however suggest OP to slot 2 green tau for the Tempest build, since you can strip enemies in no time with it then. It's already a bonkers skill on Hydroid when stacking it and I can only image how much it can wreck if locking down an area together with Gyre's own skills. Stuck in lightning that can crit while inside a corrosive virulent rain of ouchy likely leads to massive ouchy followed by more ouchy with electric squirts from under a lifted skirt.

Must try this myself tomorrow since I have two green shards just sitting there since they arent as effective as I planned on Citrine's Crystal.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:
7 hours ago, quxier said:

Strength is worse than damage unless he needs the strength for a cap or more from a buff since the strength is just more base damage for the skill while the damage shard is multiplicative modded base damage. 

1000 damage skill, 300% strength, 3000 damage.

1) 1000 damage skill 310% strength, 3100 damage

2) 1000 damage skill 300% strength, 3000 damage, add 10% ability damage and you get 3300 damage. Which gives you 3 times the damage compared to the strength shard.

You have to take into account that you need 2 shards to fuse and you are buffing only damage. Sometimes you want other buffs that Strength provides.

And as for damage, here is another example:

1000 damage skill, 100% strength (no mods), 1000 damage (obvious)

1) 1000 damage skill, 110% strength, 1100 damage (obvious)

2) 1000 damage skill, 100% strength,, 10% Damage shard, 110 damage

And let's calculate boost of your shard (Damage or Strength one) compared to (un)moded damage.

300% strength case:

1) 3100 - 3000 = 100 damage (that's the damage your shard gives you)

100/3000 = ~0.03

0.03 * 100% = 3% (that's percentage of added damage to moded damage)

2) 3300 - 3000 = 300 damage

300/3000 *100% = 10%

100% strength case:

1+2) Both are the same:

1100-1000 = 100

100/1000 * 100% = 10%

So the more strength you add the bigger difference is (as you noted with 3k damage => 3x times bigger damage). That's correct. However damage based on"frame damage" is not huge. You deal 200 more damage? So what? You already are dealing 3.1k.

16 hours ago, quxier said:

You have to take into account that you need 2 shards to fuse and you are buffing only damage. Sometimes you want other buffs that Strength provides.

And let's calculate boost of your shard (Damage or Strength one) compared to (un)moded damage.

300% strength case:

100/3000 = ~0.03

300/3000 *100% = 10%

100% strength case:

1+2) Both are the same:

1100-1000 = 100

100/1000 * 100% = 10%

So the more strength you add the bigger difference is (as you noted with 3k damage => 3x times bigger damage). That's correct. However damage based on"frame damage" is not huge. You deal 200 more damage? So what? You already are dealing 3.1k.

The number of shards needed doesnt matter since they only take one slot eitherway.

An example of unmodded damage is also completely pointless since we already know that strength is in use in the first place. And with even just 1 strength shard the damage shard will come out on top going forward since it is a multiplicative of modded base damage while strength is still just multiplicated unmodded base damage.

Your last segment is also very odd considering it is about Gyre and skills. So the best method to gain more damage for a caster build is obviously the one to pick, which is the one that provides most damage, which is damage and not strength when you pick between only those two shards. Strength would be even worse if you base your decision on frame based damage not being huge so small increases wont do much in the end. Nevermind that Gyre can red crit with her own skills, so gives the damage shards even better scaling compared to strength. And since Gyre has 1 skill that really scales from only strength, adding more when you've reached a crit and energy point you are happy with is pointless since all the other skills scale just as well with damage if you want to improve their damage output.

It's really all about avoiding as much diminishing return as possible.

47 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
17 hours ago, quxier said:

300% strength case:

100/3000 = ~0.03

300/3000 *100% = 10%

100% strength case:

1+2) Both are the same:

1100-1000 = 100

100/1000 * 100% = 10%

55 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's really all about avoiding as much diminishing return as possible.

Expand  

The number of shards needed doesnt matter since they only take one slot eitherway.

It's matter of investment. If you need pay 2x (+stella but that's cheap, afair) then you should know. But otherwise, slot-wise, it doesn't matter.

48 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

An example of unmodded damage is also completely pointless since we already know that strength is in use in the first place. And with even just 1 strength shard the damage shard will come out on top going forward since it is a multiplicative of modded base damage while strength is still just multiplicated unmodded base damage.

This:

55 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

's really all about avoiding as much diminishing return as possible.

Just now, quxier said:

It's matter of investment. If you need pay 2x (+stella but that's cheap, afair) then you should know. But otherwise, slot-wise, it doesn't matter.

This:

Yes of course it is, but if someone is interested in getting the best combo the investment clearly doesnt matter to them. I could for instance not run 2x green on Saryn and instead use uhm 2 red for slightly more damage instead of full strip due to the investment in shard cost combing 4 shards into 2 green. But that doesnt matter to me since I wanted the best option for the shard slots themselves.

And if you agree with it being about avoiding diminishing return then why argue regarding red strength versus purple damage? Since he's already invested in strength, even sharded for it to reach some point, diminishing return is in heavy effect already.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And if you agree with it being about avoiding diminishing return then why argue regarding red strength versus purple damage? Since he's already invested in strength, even sharded for it to reach some point, diminishing return is in heavy effect already.

The point I'm trying to make is diminishing return is too big compared to cost (2 shards fusion). In most cases you won't even reach 0.5 more damage. Normal shards at 600 strength & 5shards would give you ~42% boost. It's ok if you don't care about cost and just want "bigger number". It's just good to know it cost too much, may give too little and there is other better ways (e.g. like you mentioned full strip with corrosive with just 2 shards).

And what kind of strength @Qorvex99 is talking about (without shards)? For me 200% is big as I need many sources to reach it (I can use Blind rage, to get close, but I would get negative other stat that I may compensate). Sure, you can do 600+ strength on all frames but I don't think that's the case.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

The point I'm trying to make is diminishing return is too big compared to cost (2 shards fusion). In most cases you won't even reach 0.5 more damage. Normal shards at 600 strength & 5shards would give you ~42% boost. It's ok if you don't care about cost and just want "bigger number". It's just good to know it cost too much, may give too little and there is other better ways (e.g. like you mentioned full strip with corrosive with just 2 shards).

And what kind of strength @Qorvex99 is talking about (without shards)? For me 200% is big as I need many sources to reach it (I can use Blind rage, to get close, but I would get negative other stat that I may compensate). Sure, you can do 600+ strength on all frames but I don't think that's the case.

Then you miss the point of diminishing return, which is something tied to the stat and how much you have of it and how that stat interact with your stats or those of an ability. It doesnt matter if 2 shards are needed in the fusion or not, since the number of shards doesnt change what the stat provides since like I already said, the combined shard only ever occupies a single slot. So it is about 10% of one stat vs 10% of another stat, nothing more, nothing less. And one of those 10% adds more since it suffers less from diminishing return due to how it interacts with the stats.

It doesnt matter what strength he talks about since he has reached the point he aimed for (likely +100% strength), so beyond that point strength is pointless. Power will increase his crit chance, which is already capped to 300% for Gyre's skills, where 10% strength shaves off half an electric proc to reach that cap, since 10% power strength adds 5% crit to the skill since it starts at 50%. The whole idea is to add 100% strength in order for her buff to reach 100% crit chance, since that means skills will proc her #4 whenever it isnt on CD. Beyond that every 20% strength removes a single electric stack needed, so you go from 20 to 19 stacks with 220% strength, 19 to 18 with 240% strength and so on, which is hardly worth it. Which gives raw damage increases more value since they sync well with the capped critical chance of the skills, since you cannot reach the next critical tier for another set of crit multipliers.