The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE can you Fix Codex it need's 2.0

kyonsan

I think i was the only one at Tennocon 2023 asking about Codex to be fixed there are alot of missing enemy's and item's.

1: Narmer thumper Doma is the only one spawning 

2: 4 murmur enemy type are not spawning.

3: Deimos Leaper are i cant find.

4: Devotee from Nightwave seson 2 will can it come back at some point? 20240128185511_1.jpg?ex=65c90a95&is=65b6

Edited by kyonsan
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, kyonsan said:

2: 6 murmur enemy type are not spawning.

Pretty sure there are only 4 uncomplete-able Murmur entries. You're likely missing the Netracell Arcocanid and Netracell Culverin (only the eximus versions show in the codex however). They only spawn after round 4 of Alchemy.

But as for the main point, fixing the Codex entries would be really nice.

• Like 4

What's weird is there sort of is two seperate Codex's between "The" Codex and the Simulacrum.

But yeah in general I wish the Codex system got a complete overhaul. Make it actually rewarding to scan things. For something that's been part of the game since I played (late 2014) if other less prominent systems have stuff attached to them, why not the Codex? And no, I'm not counting the one weapon and one sentinel mod.

For instance, I'd like to be able to turn Excess scans (e.g. only scans past completion) into something useful, such as Specters I can summon in mission. Obviously it'd require certain limitations, like not spawning Lephantis but I would like more options for Specters in Warframe.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Pretty sure there are only 4 uncomplete-able Murmur entries. You're likely missing the Netracell Arcocanid and Netracell Culverin (only the eximus versions show in the codex however). They only spawn after round 4 of Alchemy.

But as for the main point, fixing the Codex entries would be really nice.

Thx allot Tenno! they did spawn inn greater numbers so are up to date on them 

20240128205248_1.jpg?ex=65c925a5&is=65b6

We do need a better Codex, it's supposed to be our source of information, not the wiki, right now id you want to search for mods you do not have, go to sort by:duplicates and scroll to the end, how does that make sense?

Next i type in search bar "tennokai" and nothing shows up, why? I don't have that problem on wiki.

Art gallery, i would like to see more in the codex.

Laverian, i would like to learn more about warframes and their origin.

The weapons has 3 tabs, primary, secondary, melee, sort by has 2 options. I type in search bar "sniper" 1/3 are snipers, AoE weapons, ferrox and the mitter.

It would be nice if you want to find a specific enemy for simaris or a specific drop the game would show you hints whom to hunt and the node. Right now corrupeted bombards are in the void but they do not spawn on every node or low level node.

The enitere system is behind, new players should use it instead of youtube videos or the wiki to learn how to farm anything.

I can't find info on eximus units if they are immune to status effects or abilities, better join a mission and find out the hard way, what's the point of scanning them besides their weakness to Corrosive+++.

• Like 3

Yes please. I would love to feel like pointing players to the in-game knowledge base is something that they’ll gladly acknowledge; it doesn’t need to be as in-depth as the Wiki, but a polish and passover would go a long way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyonsan said:

I think i was the only one at Tennocon 2023 asking about Codex to be fixed there are alot of missing enemy's and item's.

4: Devotee from Nightwave seson 2 will can it come back at some point? 

Okay, people have already commented on the substance (and I also agree codex should get updated, it's so useless compared to wiki), so let me comment on the grammar. Plural nouns have just a normal s at the end of them 1 dog, 2 dogs. It's not an 's thing. Also the plural of enemy is enemies. I'm not trying to be a grammar N but you've put it all over the post, so I hope you understand. In any case, I hope you have a great day.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This isn't a high priority. But I'm sorry you feel so distraught over this. Good luck, sir.

A proper codex would make a massive difference to everyone, from the new player experience all the way to latest update players like myself. It requires a full overhaul though, down to the information presented and how scanning reveals information.

Drop chance percentages are one of many things that could be added/addressed with the Codex.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

codex does need a review, desperately, but as more factions get added, it makes it more work to overhaul it. the only way I could see it happening would be if some major Lorehead with Dev experience offered to rework it for free, or next to nothing, in their spare time, as a passion project. if I were a Canadian Lorehead, I'd gladly offer my service, but I'm just a british Pleb who can't code, so it's up to somebody else. 

it has SO much potential though, especially if we got actual lore entries about certain enemy types and why they exists etc, some background on the development of specific weapon designs would also make weapon nerds like me incredibly happy, it'd make the warframe universe feel more immersive IMO. but like I said, it would require *somebody* to step up and do all this, and so far nobody's offered, inside or outside of DE.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This isn't a high priority. But I'm sorry you feel so distraught over this. Good luck, sir.

If they bother enough to keep Conclave in game then they can surely afford to fix the Codex.

• Like 5

Yeah the codex is in desperate need of updating lmao.

Not just the enemy encyclopedia but mods as well. There's no reason why linking a mod in chat gives me a better understanding of what that mod does, than looking it up on the Codex. That's really odd.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Ah, the miserable contrarian has logged on.

• Like 1

The codex should be the better source of basic information than the wiki. 

I also wish there was not so much redundancy , the codex , simaris and leverian all effectively do the same thing but they do it in their own little islands that are forgotten for years at a time.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Voltage said:

A proper codex would make a massive difference to everyone, from the new player experience all the way to latest update players like myself. It requires a full overhaul though, down to the information presented and how scanning reveals information.

Drop chance percentages are one of many things that could be added/addressed with the Codex.

11 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

If they bother enough to keep Conclave in game then they can surely afford to fix the Codex.

Yea makes sense fair enough. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Am 28.1.2024 um 19:25 schrieb kyonsan:

4: Devotee from Nightwave seson 2 will can it come back at some point? 20240128185511_1.jpg?ex=65c90a95&is=65b6

Is this kind of thing only interesting for console players? because there are screenshots to collect or similar things like codecs. Many things can be unlocked with achievements or secrets. I always found that stuff boring. Because on the PC there are videos, wikis or a bunch of screenshots anyway. the information here is extremely much better