Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anything been stated regarding weapon specific augment mods from Nightwave becoming obtainable again?

Basically the title. As someone who has returned to the game after 2ish years, there are a number of mods from the Nightwave seasons that I've missed out on. Certain mods (looking at you Sentient Surge) make weapons go from mid at best to level cap clearing monsters.

Because the only source of these mods are from the Nightwave seasons, people only get one copy per account (unless the mod is duped from account merging). This has resulted in insanely high prices on warframe.market. Sentient Surge costs 180-200 plat, and its looking like I'm going to have to farm the plat and pay that price purely because Nightwave has FOMO bait in it.

Has there been any mention of these mods being brought back in a timely manner? Supposedly it'll come back in a future Nightwave, but that could take over a year which is patently stupid.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

• Like 1

Just look here at some of the auguments that were available before:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wild_Frenzy  Obtainable 2 times as progression prize and once from credit shop

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Napalm_Grenades 2 times as prize

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bursting_Mass 2 times as prize

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Meticulous_Aim 2 times as prize

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exposing_Harpoon 2 times as prize

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Efficient_Beams 1 time prize

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Silverplushie said:

Sentient Surge costs 180-200 plat, and its looking like I'm going to have to farm the plat and pay that price purely because Nightwave has FOMO bait in it.

Has there been any mention of these mods being brought back in a timely manner? Supposedly it'll come back in a future Nightwave, but that could take over a year which is patently stupid.

1. You really do not need it. There is plenty powerful weapons and weaponns combination. World is not going to end if someone doesnt have one.

2. Exactly that, someone is willing to sell the certainty of having it already as well as time between having it now and maybe obtaining it later for that amount of plat. If those two things are worth it for you that amount of plat buy it. If not, do not.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Silverplushie said:

Has there been any mention of these mods being brought back in a timely manner?

I don't think so, but the fact they made a point of bringing back Efficient Beams, Exposing Harpoon, etc. with this NW season might...might be a hopeful sign they're aware of the problem.  Or maybe it just means they're totally satisfied with a 4 year cycle.

If it's any consolation, a fair amount of the augments are bad, or don't make a bad weapon significantly better.  Sentient Surge is not one of those mods though.  You might consider buying more than one, gambling that it's not coming back soon, and that you can recoup your plat selling to some other unfortunate Tenno suffering from an an even further along case of Sentient Tentacle Fever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

1. You really do not need it. There is plenty powerful weapons and weaponns combination. World is not going to end if someone doesnt have one.

The entire point of Nightwave was to replace alerts. Waiting years to get an augment recycled (like what happened to Efficient Beams) is pretty dumb.

And yes, most augments don't do much, but augments like Sentient Surge and Efficient Beams are staple to the weapon and vastly alter weapon performance.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Silverplushie said:

Sentient Surge costs 180-200 plat, and its looking like I'm going to have to farm the plat and pay that price purely because Nightwave has FOMO bait in it.

I think I remember seeing Sentient Surge in the cred shop literally last week (where the aura mods usually are). It should come around again.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

Pretty sure they were all moved to cred shop.

28 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I think I remember seeing Sentient Surge in the cred shop literally last week

I don't think so.  The NW volume 4 ending / NW volume 5 beginning announcement only listed these old augments:

• Efficient Beams (Convectrix) 
  • Exposing Harpoon (Harpak) 
  • Bursting Mass (Mutalist Quanta)
  • Wild Frenzy (Grakata)

...which are the ones that have been missing the longest.   Not counting the converted Conclave augments that have been recurring for a while: Ambush Optics, Shrapnel Rounds, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Oh look, it's this garbage ass argument again.

It is not an argument. It is an opinion. Just like your commennt is. 

This is just a game. Healthy way would be to treat it as such. unhealthy would to treat is as job and value it more than real life. And even in those you do not always get what you want, however much you try. If it was somethiiing really unique and one of a kind maybe, I could understand a fuss. But it is just another weapon that will be power crept in next update, just like most Kuva/Tenet weapons were.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silverplushie said:

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I'd wait it out. the augments are good for those specific weapons, but unless you're really committed to building for that weapon and using it a lot, it's not as big a deal. they will inevitably return though, previous Nightwave items always do.

the crazy thing is that this is such a simple fix: just make all previous items appear in the shop whenever Nightwave is active, it'll encourage people to farm credits after hitting rank 30 and frees up a bunch of slots for new things to be added when a new season drops. there's literally no downside to this, but I guess the FOMO tactic works well enough for DE, hence why they won't change it.

10 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if everything is in the shop, you would need to buy these things with Nora creditys which you get *drum roll* by progressing in nightwave.

isn't that great?

That is great for everyone who did not get the items properly by progressing Nightwave before (although I bet they will still whine, because they actually need to login in a week the mods are in the shop or do you want easy easy mode whole shop with everything all at once?).

All those who actually did get just more credits. It is not a great incentive for systematic playing, wouldnt you agree?

Edited by Zakkhar

50 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That is great for everyone who did not get the items properly by progressing Nightwave before (although I bet they will still whine, because they actually need to login in a week the mods are in the shop or do you want easy easy mode whole shop with everything all at once?).

All those who actually did get just more credits. It is not a great incentive for systematic playing, wouldnt you agree?

Who the hell cares about incentives?

The last thing Warframe needs is more non-cosmetic "prestige" items that people only use to tout "I was addictively playing Warframe nonstop" every time it comes up.

Wasn't Argon Scope basically in this state for years? Now it's been powercrept by a Galvanized Version and I'm sure nobody cares about anyone who had it from the original drop.