Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Yareli to go on and off of Merulina with the new augment

Edgetable

With Yareli's new augment coming out, Loyal Merulina, there should be an option to hop on and off of Merulina whenever you please, even at the cost of energy and losing the auto sea snares ability. I love the idea of the augment as a half Yareli main, but sometimes I really enjoy the k-drive movement and would prefer to use it, but also like the option to hop off of it when going through a more difficult part on a map. I already posted this same thing in the General Discussion, but someone said I should post it here!

• Like 21

exactly, I just made a post about this, I'm happy to see more people writing about it, it should work more like how K drives can be mounted and dismounted...I don't really like the idea of removing the K-drive mobility from her kit, I like it.

• Like 6

+1

I far prefer being able to adapt rather than forced into only one or the other. Plus the new augment is so ridiculously good that the K-drive part now is pretty much... just that really, the only advantage is speed on some maps, companion is quite ridiculous as it keeps DR, allows to use all guns AND ABILITIES, free 1 cast every 2 seconds.

• Like 1

Agreed, there's several easy ways to do this.

First is just hold to cast to get Merulina as a companion, as MelanomaAIDS mentioned, either refreshing the ability or needing a second cast to dismiss/recall her.

Another would be to hold cast to call Merulina to you/hop off without dismissing Merulina, with summon/dismiss being tap cast.

Or, if casting is too clunky, simply keep the current behavior (tap to summon and ride merulina) but let merulina persist if dismounting through any method other than dismissing with a recast.

• Like 4

I will play devils advocate...

what advantage could you get from loyal being able to jump on k-drive in the middle of a mission ? it's not faster, it doesn't give you more maneuverability if anything you get less

so why put the extra work and potential bugs into making this a press / hold ability ? when you could just augment to have companion drive and augment off for regular k-drive? also considering without the augment you can still "get off" the k-drive...

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

On 2024-02-29 at 1:41 AM, _Anise_ said:

what advantage could you get from loyal being able to jump on k-drive in the middle of a mission ? it's not faster, it doesn't give you more maneuverability if anything you get less

it lets me change my mind about the Kdrive's usability mid mission without hurting my DR

Edited by asianguy262001
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, asianguy262001 said:

it lets me change my mind about the Kdrive's usability mid mission without hurting my DR

What garbage YouTuber is still spreading misinformation about the augment? It's confirmed, literally directly from DE themselves, that you still get the DR with Loyal Merulina. Which they didn't even need to confirm, because anyone with eyes and a functional brain could see it working in the devstream.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

What garbage YouTuber is still spreading misinformation about the augment? It's confirmed, literally directly from DE themselves, that you still get the DR with Loyal Merulina. Which they didn't even need to confirm, because anyone with eyes and a functional brain could see it working in the devstream.

I mean having the augment vs not having it
I can always change my mind, but i get punished for it if i dont have the augment 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asianguy262001 said:

I mean having the augment vs not having it
I can always change my mind, but i get punished for it if i dont have the augment 

• No augment:
    • Merulina gives you 90% DR while she's alive.
  • Merulina Guardian:
  • Loyal Merulina:
  • Loyal Merulina, with the proposed change to make it a tap/hold and let you choose if you hop on Merulina or not:

You get 90% DR from Merulina, regardless of how you build Yareli.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
  • No augment:
  • Merulina Guardian:
  • Loyal Merulina:
  • Loyal Merulina, with the proposed change to make it a tap/hold and let you choose if you hop on Merulina or not:

You get 90% DR from Merulina, regardless of how you build Yareli.

I am speaking on merulina as a K-DRIVE

no S#&$ its 90 DR if you use it. The problem is sometimes I dont want to use it cause the level was made 10 years ago and the multiple tight corners and hallways intertwining for a "horror game" is not what warframe is anymore. I cant use it without bumping into something every 5 minutes and id rather play titania before the archwing movement rework

with the augment, I can finally use the damn fish in said level without wanting to pull my hair out. The augment gives u flexibility especially if you are a K-drive lover cause in the newer tile sets the space is open and big, easy to maneuver. In older tile sets they are narrowed and cramped because the game was a stealth "horror" game back then. One let u use the damn fish and one doesnt. the augment mod fixes this. Its not that complicated 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, asianguy262001 said:

full disclosure I always since frame inception wanted Meurlina to be a hold/press ability but I feel like it's too late?

now they have multiple augments for Meurlina that change how it plays, feels like DE want the player to choose a lane for her and stick to it, which I don't think is a bad thing?

On 2024-02-28 at 12:41 PM, _Anise_ said:

it's not faster, it doesn't give you more maneuverability if anything you get less

In a straight-away it can be faster.  I absolutely agree on maneuverability.

I'd like a tap/hold so I don't need to use 2 configs/loadout slots for Yareli just to have a usable one (Loyal Merulina) and one that unlock the NW K Drive kills challenge.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

In a straight-away it can be faster.  I absolutely agree on maneuverability.

There's an old argument here about mobility vs speed, but let's not get into this.

It's very, very likely on this that there isn't currently a way for the K-drive trigger (changing to K-drive movement and navigation mode, which is a distinctly separate mode from regular movement) to be available when Merulina is summoned using the Companion system.

What's most likely happened here is that DE have plugged the system from Venari into Yareli's kit and added Merulina as a custom pet using custom movement (probably based off the cleaning drone movement).

Since there currently isn't, and never has been, a trigger to transition to K-drive from an active companion summon ability (even if those two things have the same effect on the Warframe itself)... it's probably a lot of work to get what OP wants.

I think the best that you could possibly get is to have a cast and de-cast option, rather than just a tap/hold that would allow you to switch between. And even then, it's basically the work to add the two functions concurrently rather than replacing one with the other, which DE have actually said is a lot of work when they make these kinds of Augments.

So...

Yeah? It would be cool if we had the option for both.

Do I think it's going to happen?

No. Because that's work that they currently don't need to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

There's an old argument here about mobility vs speed, but let's not get into this.

It's very, very likely on this that there isn't currently a way for the K-drive trigger (changing to K-drive movement and navigation mode, which is a distinctly separate mode from regular movement) to be available when Merulina is summoned using the Companion system.

What's most likely happened here is that DE have plugged the system from Venari into Yareli's kit and added Merulina as a custom pet using custom movement (probably based off the cleaning drone movement).

Since there currently isn't, and never has been, a trigger to transition to K-drive from an active companion summon ability (even if those two things have the same effect on the Warframe itself)... it's probably a lot of work to get what OP wants.

I think the best that you could possibly get is to have a cast and de-cast option, rather than just a tap/hold that would allow you to switch between. And even then, it's basically the work to add the two functions concurrently rather than replacing one with the other, which DE have actually said is a lot of work when they make these kinds of Augments.

So...

Yeah? It would be cool if we had the option for both.

Do I think it's going to happen?

No. Because that's work that they currently don't need to do.

That's fair and insightful.  It's obviously way too late at this point, but DE should never have released a frame with a K Drive as a gimmick if they weren't committed to actually making it playable and removing its many, many bugs.  This augment is welcome, but it's also a bare minimum given how glitchy and clunky Merulina is. 

I wish they had higher standards for their product, especially as they continue to expand across platforms and grow as a corporation.  QOL and stability matter.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's obviously way too late at this point, but DE should never have released a frame with a K Drive as a gimmick if they weren't committed to actually making it playable and removing its many, many bugs.

Well this is the thing, isn't it?

When they released Archwing, it was a dedicated mode that was bolted on to the game. It needed to have its own ability functions, its own weapons, its own mechanics and physics. Fitting it into the main game was the actual challenge, because it worked so differently they actually needed transition gates/animations to swap between the two modes and doing this caused a bug so impressive that they invented Titania.

What DE did with K-drive, though, was to do the exact same thing with shortcuts. They invented the new movement system, but didn't give it its own Abilities or weapons, and the shortcut was that they would add only what they needed if they needed it. Need it to interact with the world? It's own mods. Need to have some form of Warframe gameplay while riding one? Secondary weapons. Abilities? No. Picking up objects? Not until Yareli. Interacting with 'press X to' prompts? Not until Yareli. Anything that was functional to actually playing the game instead of ranking up the syndicate and completing races? Not until it was needed.

The problem with that? What they eventually needed (after inventing Yareli, implementing the Helminth and the new game modes) was to add so much that they've basically gone and confirmed (in an interview) that they're not going to do it at all. No Abilities, no Primary Weapons, nothing. Same is true for Grendel's Pulverise. Only the Abilities native to the Warframes are cast-able in those different movement modes.

That's why we're getting Merulina Guardian. Because they didn't make K-drive a fully-fleshed-out mode in its own right and then bring out a frame based on the successful integration of that mode into the base game. They brought out a frame based on only a tenth of the coding, and it suffers from it.

It's a shame.

K-drive could have been amazing as a platform for weapons and game modes that were both in and outside the open landscapes, we could have had mission nodes similar to Archwing nodes where we have to skate fast or bail, with their own Abilities to help us and the K-drive modding would have had options for that. And this way you could grind the Vent Kids syndicate for meaningful mods, for a meaningful game mode. Hell, we have a Zephyr skin based of a sci-fi racing game, give us a sci-fi racing game to play and we'll play it.

You would have a frame that has its own base ability to complete those nodes without a K-drive, and heck, we could have mods that would make Merulina actually worth putting a modding screen on, too.

But no.

There's the shame of it.

We didn't get a functional K-drive, so we don't get a fully-functional K-drive Warframe.

• Like 2

On 2024-03-03 at 8:15 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

they didn't make K-drive a fully-fleshed-out mode in its own right

youre giving me ptsd on all the fun but not polished game modes warframe has gotten over the years

prime example, frame-fighter 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, asianguy262001 said:

prime example, frame-fighter 

I'd be with you, except this was a deliberate side-project like Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr. Frame fighter is not a good example of un-polished game modes, because it's not a game mode ^^

That's not to say that there aren't actual examples, just that Frame Fighter is a bad example.

Read my entire mind with this post. Warframes with movement check abilities are the best and Yareli on Merulina is no exception. I would never use this augment if galvanized crosshairs actually worked when riding... but yeah missing out on riding just to have a more functional frame kinda sucks. Especially now that sticky corners are leaving, Merulina is gonna feel way better :(

• Like 1

This would be an acceptable  compromise for sure.  Personally I think this augment should be how she works normally so people like me who hate K drive can enjoy actually using this ability, and the people who do enjoy Tennohawk skate 3 can hop on whenever they please.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2024-02-26 at 4:11 AM, Edgetable said:

With Yareli's new augment coming out, Loyal Merulina, there should be an option to hop on and off of Merulina whenever you please, even at the cost of energy and losing the auto sea snares ability. I love the idea of the augment as a half Yareli main, but sometimes I really enjoy the k-drive movement and would prefer to use it, but also like the option to hop off of it when going through a more difficult part on a map. I already posted this same thing in the General Discussion, but someone said I should post it here!

I really wish this was not a augment but an actually build feature in yareli in itself. I'm not a fan of augement mods being a patch fix for the problems on warframe but rather it should give the opportunity for players to change the playstyle of the frame in itself. Also the Helmenth is not be a patch as well for terrable frames designs. but rather another level of improvment on the frame for more builds.  I hope they get back to this with yareli in the future. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YARELI_KAWAII_UWU said:

I'm not a fan of augement mods being a patch fix for the problems

it technically does not fix or patch the problem, the problem is Kdrives feel terrible on normal missions? this augment does not make kdrive better it removes it so not a band-aid but giving an alternative playstyle, though I agree with the sentiment that k-drive should have always been press/hold ability, maybe come yareli prime they will bake pres/hold in if it proves popular?

On 2024-04-19 at 10:57 PM, _Anise_ said:

it technically does not fix or patch the problem, the problem is Kdrives feel terrible on normal missions? this augment does not make kdrive better it removes it so not a band-aid but giving an alternative playstyle, though I agree with the sentiment that k-drive should have always been press/hold ability, maybe come yareli prime they will bake pres/hold in if it proves popular?

Well I'm not denying the problem of Kdrives, I'm mostly talking about the purpose of her augment. If you talk about the problem of kdrive in mission how buggy it is I'm not denying it, but still I use the Merulina a lot. 

Edit : having an augment to be on/ off the board is such a low standard for what a different playstyle opportunity means, it feels more life a cover up to the problems of the ability rather than a different build opportunity. This should be a part of the ability in the first place not an augment. Now Kdrive being buggy is a separate problem in itself.

Edited by YARELI_KAWAII_UWU