Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are Supporter Pack skins being resold for Platinum?

Deimos, Zariman, and New War Supporter Pack skins are being resold for Platinum in "Tribute" Packs. These items were originally marketed as exclusive to those Supporter Packs. I bought these for a considerable total sum of money and this feels rather insulting if I'm being genuinely honest.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Deimos, Zariman, and New War Supporter Pack skins are being resold for Platinum in "Tribute" Packs. These items were originally marketed as exclusive to those Supporter Packs. I bought these for a considerable total sum of money and this feels rather insulting if I'm being genuinely honest.

They were exclusive to those pack, but they never said they wouldn't come back. So, *shrugs*

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

They were exclusive to those pack, but they never said they wouldn't come back. So, *shrugs*

https://www.warframe.com/news/last-call-for-the-new-war-supporter-packs

"Last Call"

"Soon to disappear"

"While you still can"

"These won’t last much longer, Tenno! Collect these discounted exclusive items and Customizations now."

"Items marked with * will be exclusive to this pack for a limited time."

These are not terms or phrases you use when you're going to resell something again later. It's disingenuous marketing, and has implications of a promise to exclusivity given the Founders and Heirloom situations. 

1 minute ago, Numerounius said:

Read the fine print, it says * will be exclusive to this pack for a limited time and always has said that.

This can be read in more than one way. Again, it's disingenuous.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

How? It says exclusive for a limited time which has been made true. What other way are you reading it as?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

https://www.warframe.com/news/last-call-for-the-new-war-supporter-packs

"Last Call"

"Soon to disappear"

"While you still can"

"These won’t last much longer, Tenno! Collect these discounted exclusive items and Customizations now."

"Items marked with * will be exclusive to this pack for a limited time."

These are not terms or phrases you use when you're going to resell something again later. It's disingenuous marketing, and has implications of a promise to exclusivity given the Founders and Heirloom situations. 

Near as I can tell the whole 'soon to disappear' bit is about the pack as a whole, not individual items. You're getting a bunch of stuff for a discount, versus having to get them all individually at a marked up price later. It's like a special limited time sale, if you miss the sale, you then have to pay full price. By buying the packs for real money you're still getting more value than if you bought things for platinum (partly because you also got discounted platinum to boot).

Also here we see the duality of the forums. On one hand, the camp that complain about things only offered for real money and not platinum (read: heirloom collection) and the other camp who complain when things initially thought to be obtainable only for real money are then made available for platinum.

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Also here we see the duality of the forums. On one hand, the camp that complain about things only offered for real money and not platinum (read: heirloom collection) and the other camp who complain when things initially thought to be obtainable only for real money are then made available for platinum.

Just casually pointing out our hypocrisy 

• Like 9

You know it *is* possible to participate in something because you feel "forced" to (e.g. by fomo) *and* simultaneously feel disgusted by it :-P.

I mean ... I have this other thread I can point you to if you don't believe me ...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Near as I can tell the whole 'soon to disappear' bit is about the pack as a whole, not individual items. You're getting a bunch of stuff for a discount, versus having to get them all individually at a marked up price later. It's like a special limited time sale, if you miss the sale, you then have to pay full price. By buying the packs for real money you're still getting more value than if you bought things for platinum (partly because you also got discounted platinum to boot).

I'm not trying to argue whether it's technically allowed, I'm voicing my concern that this was worded in bad faith and takes advantage of how DE usually respects the word "exclusive". 

If we want get into technicalities, the Founders Package only promises the gear to remain exclusive, not their models or the mastery experience. In this way, DE could resell the weapons as skins, and the Mastery from these items for real money in separate bundles. Nobody would have the opportunity to buy the items, but the skins and Mastery would be separately purchased. That'd be pretty disrespectful, don't you think? You're only counter argument for this would be "They won't do this because they respect the Founders promise". Okay, so how about applying that same respect to this?

19 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

There's a huge difference between selling something for real money (TennoGen), and selling something for real money with language like "exclusive" and "limited time" (Heirloom). If this is really your take on this kind of discussion, you really need to educate yourself more on the nature of feedback. This is so disconnected from what the core response is on this subject.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm sorry but in this case the interpretation was that the items could return at any time, and at no point it was stated that it would be under equal conditions. Notice the difference with Prime Accessories, where it's clearly stated they could return to the program (in this case the resurgance being rotations of the same type), implying a real money transaction needed in some capacity. This is unlike the Founder and Heirloom packs, which clearly stated would never return and items would remain exclusive to these.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I thought you spoke against the FOMO from the heirloom packs, exclusivity for digital items is dumb so it's good that everyone has the opportunity to acquire these.

I did, but I also support respecting the way things are marketed.

These skins were marketed as FOMO despite underlying intentions to just sell them later for Platinum.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Bringing the heirloom pack into this is lame at best, the heirloom pack caused such an issue due to the fact it cost a substantial amount for skins, ingame currency and some glyphs etc, when a prime pack cost the around same but guess what (you got a frame) it was also gate kept on a limited timer specifically to cause a divide in casual spenders/big spenders also the fact it was the first time a bundle like this required such an absurd amount of money, this post is giving off slight gas lighting vibes.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Well gee if only there was another place where it was listed to clear up any confusion about misinterpreting it. Oh wait there is!

Please note: The New War Supporter Packs will contain four time-limited exclusives: Ravurex Gunblade Skin, Narmer Color Palette, Archon Nira Glyph and Archon Nira Sigil. All other items and Customizations will be available for purchase with Platinum on December 15 in the in-game Market.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

How? It says exclusive for a limited time which has been made true. What other way are you reading it as?

You can read this as either "these are only exclusive to this pack for a limited time [and they will be sold later]", and "these are only exclusive to this pack [which is only available] for a limited time". In both cases, you're implying there is more text than there actually is. It's ambiguous on purpose.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I did, but I also support respecting the way things are marketed.

These skins were marketed as FOMO despite underlying intentions to just sell them later for Platinum.

I don’t agree with a lot of what you say usually, but here i do agree with you the way DE words things etc has been misinterpreted many times, by the use of their own words.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

These skins were marketed as FOMO

I agree DE should be careful with language, but I (and obviously others) did not interpret it this way.

2 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Well gee if only there was another place where it was listed to clear up any confusion about misinterpreting it. Oh wait there is!

What you quoted supports my post. It separates these items as "time-limited exclusives" from the other cosmetics.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

It's not hypocrisy if person a says one thing, and person b says the opposite.

Ahhh but this is hypocrisy considering the same Tenno who said this was also against this idea when bringing up the heirloom pack