The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This design for Yareli is horrible

Tidiusx

2 minutes ago, RichardKam said:
13 hours ago, quxier said:

Bro, bro, stop. I'm not racist.

Hey I was talking about the black latex suit. Relax.

So, you are saying... well, I'll stop here. This jokes can be misunderstood.

But yeah, some colors may make Yareli skin look more feminine.

it's hideous. not even the endearing or nice kind of hideous, just plain "eugh" hideous. 

edit: not trying to be cynical for nothing, I just don't like the design of the skin for Yareli. if it were on another frame then sure. 

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

I think it would be cool if the community could vote on these sort of things

They can show all the concept arts for the deluxe skin, then have the community vote on their favorite. Much like with Voruna’s name

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

They can show all the concept arts for the deluxe skin, then have the community vote on their favorite. Much like with Voruna’s name

No thanks, then the awesome Khora Deluxe wouldn't exist. People cried and cried and whined and whined and the skin is great. Like the Yareli Deluxe, it's just not to some peoples tastes. That's fine. Other people like them. Clam Yareli is dope.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

No thanks, then the awesome Khora Deluxe wouldn't exist. People cried and cried and whined and whined and the skin is great. Like the Yareli Deluxe, it's just not to some peoples tastes. That's fine. Other people like them. Clam Yareli is dope.

It’s a split, of course you’re fine with it not existing, because you like it, but what about the other half? What if they showed more deluxe skins for a frame you like, but then decided to go with the least appealing one (to your taste of course). Wouldn’t you have wanted a way to choose one? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Clam Yareli. Oh. I see it now. Neat. Also yeah, design by committee by the community is a god-awful idea. For every one person in the forums who can put out good ideas there's hundreds of people, with 5 - 6 super vocal people who are antithetical to them.

13 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

It’s a split, of course you’re fine with it not existing, because you like it, but what about the other half? What if they showed more deluxe skins for a frame you like, but then decided to go with the least appealing one (to your taste of course). Wouldn’t you have wanted a way to choose one? 

Come on. It's not that big of a deal. And by the very nature of this it's unavoidable that someone will be disappointed. Choosing doesn't do anything but mask the fact that you wanted to go your way with the shallow cloak of the "fair" democracy. You got the bad end of the stick this time. It is what it is. I would had loved if Equinox got a better deluxe skin but hey oh well. There's going to be more in the future. 

Edited by PR1D3
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

That's just bad cause there's going to be more complaining than what we have, people are going to see something they like being taken away because people want something else.

It's better for DE to come up with deluxe skins and people decide if they buy it or not

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Clam Yareli. Oh. I see it now. Neat. Also yeah, design by committee by the community is a god-awful idea. For every one person in the forums who can put out good ideas there's hundreds of people, with 5 - 6 super vocal people who are antithetical to them.

Come on. It's not that big of a deal. And by the very nature of this it's unavoidable that someone will be disappointed. Choosing doesn't do anything but mask the fact that you wanted to go your way with the shallow cloak of the "fair" democracy. You got the bad end of the stick this time. It is what it is. I would had loved if Equinox got a better deluxe skin but hey oh well. There's going to be more in the future. 

At least Equinox has tennogen

Yareli’s got nothing then, and she’s going to continue having nothing just because I’m not getting that deluxe skin… oh well, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it. 

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

That's just bad cause there's going to be more complaining than what we have, people are going to see something they like being taken away because people want something else.

It's better for DE to come up with deluxe skins and people decide if they buy it or not

You win this round, seems my proposal definitely would’ve made more complaints down the line. GG

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

Yareli’s got nothing then

Not for lack of trying. The Kuva Yareli skin is dope, but it's been three years and DE still hasn't accepted it.

2 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

Clam Yareli. Oh. I see it now. Neat.

cloyster.png

Not just clam, either. Cloyster Yareli. See? It's still an anime skin.

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

No, because of the "to your taste of course" part. What you're really asking is "wouldn't you have wanted a way to make the choice for everyone else". And no, no I wouldn't. Because I wouldn't want someone else making these choices for me. No one should get to make that choice, because if they can then eventually it's going to be you in the out-group not getting what you want just because someone cried louder. Would you really prefer a system where DE shows the coolest, most awesome skin you've ever seen for your favorite frame... and some nerd on the subreddit compares it to a banana tree and the mob memes about it until it gets it scrapped? I wouldn't!

So what about the other half? They don't buy it, just as it's been in the realm of premium video game cosmetics since horse armor. Not everything is going to match everyone's tastes, and this is both inevitable and fine. I don't like Wisp Deluxe, but I'm not gonna try to get it taken away from those that do. Instead of wanting an option pulled from others and given to you, put your support behind getting more options for everyone.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Not for lack of trying. The Kuva Yareli skin is dope, but it's been three years and DE still hasn't accepted it.

Still sad about that… it was beautiful 

7 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

What you're really asking is "wouldn't you have wanted a way to make the choice for everyone else".

Hmmm less so on that. My thought process was originally “majority gets their pick, and if I’m not the majority, well at least we had an option to pick it.” Would’ve given me a piece of mind knowing we could’ve had it. Seeing all of those cool deluxe skin concepts (especially the furthest right) makes me sad we never saw them until now (or never had a chance to see them implemented). 

9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

So what about the other half? They don't buy it, just as it's been in the realm of premium video game cosmetics since horse armor. Not everything is going to match everyone's tastes, and this is both inevitable and fine. I don't like Wisp Deluxe, but I'm not gonna try to get it taken away from those that do. Instead of wanting an option pulled from others and given to you, put your support behind getting more options for everyone.

Obviously I’m not buying it. I’m just salty the ONE SKIN she gets and it’s a skin I won’t buy because I don’t like it. Dang it people, give Yareli tennogen. All so much I can do with a single alt helmet

1 hour ago, PR1D3 said:

Also yeah, design by committee by the community is a god-awful idea

yeah  no committee but the image above could have been thrown to a public vote for the top 4

its the public players they are trying to sell it to after all ?

20 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Would’ve given me a piece of mind knowing we could’ve had it. Seeing all of those cool deluxe skin concepts (especially the furthest right) makes me sad we never saw them until now (or never had a chance to see them implemented). 

I mean, that's how it is for everything. Part of the design process is making a bunch of early sketches and concepts. Rubico, as a quick example:

YPP3sxO.jpg

Just about everything gets this treatment. Letting the community vote at this point in the process is impractical, and even if it wasn't no matter what there would still be people who voted for an option that wasn't picked. Instead of people feeling bad that "their" thing wasn't picked because of those people, IMO it's better if DE continues to make that choice internally as they have been. No one that likes the Yareli skin had a hand in picking it, and it's not our fault you don't like it.

31 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Dang it people, give Yareli tennogen. All so much I can do with a single alt helmet

Which is a much more productive and actionable direction to point feedback.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I mean, that's how it is for everything. Part of the design process is making a bunch of early sketches and concepts. Rubico, as a quick example:

Ngl, number 3 rubico is looking clean. Random question, but did you just happen to have the rubico concept art? I know it’s a beautiful weapon, but even then… /j

Just about everything gets this treatment. Letting the community vote at this point in the process is impractical, and even if it wasn't no matter what there would still be people who voted for an option that wasn't picked. Instead of people feeling bad that "their" thing wasn't picked because of those people, IMO it's better if DE continues to make that choice internally as they have been. No one that likes the Yareli skin had a hand in picking it, and it's not our fault you don't like it.

I agree, it really was just wishful thinking on my part. Someday Kuva Yareli will come out… someday…

Which is a much more productive and actionable direction to point feedback.

I get what you mean, but even then feedback doesn’t always mean it’ll work out. A factor of life and really just company priorities I guess.

Eh, I can’t be salty about this for long. Just glad nobody lost their minds while conversating. You know how it goes 

Edited by Aruquae
Did I even use that version of conversation correctly? Oh well
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aruquae said:

Ngl, number 3 rubico is looking clean. Random question, but did you just happen to have the rubico concept art? I know it’s a beautiful weapon, but even then… /j

It was just the first example that came to mind lol.

50 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

She's got a luscious backside now.

I approve.

Plat accumulating currently...

Actually no. I hate this skin. She shouldn't have a luscious backside. Do not release this skin DE.

PS No I'm not secretly Wisp trying to sabotage my competition. What would make you say such a conspiracy theory?

13 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Actually no. I hate this skin. She shouldn't have a luscious backside. Do not release this skin DE.

PS No I'm not secretly Wisp trying to sabotage my competition. What would make you say such a conspiracy theory?

And differing opinions abound... and world keeps turning. (If it's any consolation: I hate Bunny Ears: 24/7 365)

2 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

And differing opinions abound... and world keeps turning. (If it's any consolation: I hate Bunny Ears: 24/7 365)

Was a joke post. At work not on my pc, can't make one of those memes where it's Wisp typing at the computer trying to talk people out of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I think that the selection of colors in the official palette are not very good. I personally don't like those strong and somewhat sadistic colors for her.
I experimented a little and well I think it would be better with lighter colors.

PNDnEcA.png

Oh god the one on the far right with the dark blue body and the clam like parts light blue with lavender gradients is just *chef kiss*

I really do like this skin. We've been waiting for this thing for a long time now and I had feared it was about to gain Zephyr Deluxe Meme Status.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-24 at 3:05 AM, Aruquae said:

I see no anime Warframe magic girl. I see a cap, a big eye, and balls

This is not Yareli, this is Ivara

im glad i was not the only one who thought this looks way mroe like an Ivara skin than a Yareli skin, that and im also getting more black manta vibes from this skin XD

and this is not saying i hate the design, just doenst look like a Yarreli design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uppertiggy said:

just doenst look like a Yarreli design.

A lot of deluxe skins vary drastically from the default ones. This is a good thing so they're not just the default skin with sprinkles on top.

• Like 1