Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

did this newest update ruin any of your builds??

so this is kinda going to be a rant just saying

ok so warframe has just made everything that i use bad now like exodia contagion you cant do heavy throws with it anymore only light throws and dont get me wrong the heavy throws were a bit broken but removing them all together idk about that chief

oh and they made my sobek and sayrn build not work anymore, they made it so acid shells dosnt proc more than one toxic lash at a time which i wont go into detail why that makes the build not work but it makes the build not work :/  there goes my funest build ;-; it was a bit broken but still nuking with a shotgun was fun af

so they nerfed mirages helmith ability into the ground idk if its just me or im dumb but i feel like there no reason to use it now just use roar no? like i feel like all they had to do was not nerf it to the point its dmg is the same as roar

like my main warframe was wisp with like 300% str with eclipse  i used a zaw and stahlta my zaw could hit like 300mil-800mil with r0 exodia contagion which is a bit broken but i also had a good riv and my stahlta hit like 20mil dirct hit and the blast would be like 100k-300k but now my zaw hits 100k and my stahlta hits around 200k-400k direct and blast 100k ;-;

and i feel like there are just a bunch of small changes that make no sense to me

and ik ik some of the things i just listed are broken and probably needed a nerf but i feel like they didn't nerf them they straight up removed them or made them so bad there not worth using 

i kinda feel like im in the wrong here but like come on all i want is to see big red funny numbers on my screen is that to much to ask :<

just make my builds work even a little bit like they used to please and sorry for the rant

also if any of your builds just stopped working please reply because im curious how many build have stopped working because this newest update 

• Like 1

Yeah DE's idea of a nerf is straight up obliterating the thing. They are incapable of moderation when it comes to nerfs.

There's no "This is a bit too powerful let's bring it down to other similar things' level"
Only "We hate this thing, destroy it. Even if the fallout hits a ton of other niche things and makes build diversity worse in the process"

And on the off chance they accidentally don't nerf something into oblivion, they're likely to nerf it again.

It's also exceptionally hilarious when they do this with weapons that aren't even that strong. Like the 3+ times they nerfed Shedu.

• Like 4

nerfs are bad but upping the damage of other weapons so that they can compete would be good seems to be overlooked. In all honesty with the incarnon modes the addition of archon shards along with the newer arcanes balance is totally broken so nerfing a particular weapon makes no sense anymore.

My Dante's book and slinging pages at enemies is not even fully modded and already it dishes out over 48,000 base damage on the alt fire mode and with only 6 mods as i need to dump forma on it. No way i am about to upgrade the dammed thing as it is begging for an "oopsie damage numbers too high better nerf it which I am sure is gonna happen within a week or 2.

Overall I am liking many of the changes but for anyone that crept into niche modes of builds and experimentation are sadly to say those that might well suffer the most.

1 hour ago, A_GreyBear said:

oh and they made my sobek and sayrn build not work anymore, they made it so acid shells dosnt proc more than one toxic lash at a time which i wont go into detail why that makes the build not work but it makes the build not work :/  there goes my funest build ;-; it was a bit broken but still nuking with a shotgun was fun af

oh wow...... i thought i was doing something wrong all day today. i felt so weak. my first only only "end game" build 😢 oh well is what it is

Edited by 7bigpete

"Not worth using"

Well, luckily Stahlta has primary fire too. See if that's any better.

Ofc, you can also just keep repeating the cycle, and go for the next broken thing that 1 shots entire Steel Path.

Edited by aivastus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A_GreyBear said:

so they nerfed mirages helmith ability into the ground idk if its just me or im dumb but i feel like there no reason to use it now just use roar no? 

Eclipse is recastabe by default, Roar is only recastable with an augment.

54 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

is it really a nerf you're still overkilling enemies by hundreds of millions

Don't you have to kill the enemies anyway? So why make us use a whole clip when they can be one shot - they have to be killed! And he said his damage was cut back to the hundred thousands. We aren't over-killing all the enemies. Is there over kill at level 9999??? You may or may not disagree, but we should be able to attain the ability to kill any enemy in one shot, at the height of our abilities, after all the questing and building. Constantly cutting us back to taking forever to kill an enemy, for no rhyme or reason just destroys the feeling of progression - and the fun in the game.

How do you "over-kill" anyway? You kill, it's dead? So there's some big number? Does big numbers hurt the squad??? DO they spill over and ruin someone else's game???🤣

15 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Don't you have to kill the enemies anyway? So why make us use a whole clip when they can be one shot - they have to be killed! And he said his damage was cut back to the hundred thousands. We aren't over-killing all the enemies. Is there over kill at level 9999??? You may or may not disagree, but we should be able to attain the ability to kill any enemy in one shot, at the height of our abilities, after all the questing and building. Constantly cutting us back to taking forever to kill an enemy, for no rhyme or reason just destroys the feeling of progression - and the fun in the game.

How do you "over-kill" anyway? You kill, it's dead? So there's some big number? Does big numbers hurt the squad??? DO they spill over and ruin someone else's game???🤣

we can still hit damage cap on lvl cap enemies. nerfs don't matter. change your build to reach higher levels. doesn't require playstyle change and even if it does, you didn't set up the build to suit a playstyle, you made it to hit big numbers so it doesn't matter if it requires a playstyle change since you only care about big numbers

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

Posted (edited)

magusat999 i really feel you some it up pretty well, the thing that stung the most when i figured out pretty much all my builds didn't work anymore was all the time and plat i spent getting all the mod rivens forma trying if this worked better than that, just for it to get thrown away in one update and its not like the rivens are going to sell for nearly as much either like my zaw riven i spent 50p they are probably going for like 10p now because of the nerf idk it just really sucks and theres nothing i can do so much progression lost and there is nothing i can do about it 

edit

forgot to quote lol

Edited by A_GreyBear

55 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Eclipse is recastabe by default, Roar is only recastable with an augment.

well I've never found that to be a problem for me but i feel even with that being the case for me now eclipse is pretty much always in Luner mode for some reason and even if that is just me thing or im being dumb and there's a easy fix i would rather not have to deal with that variable and just cast roar when its done idk :/ i guess its preference 

19 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

we can still hit damage cap on lvl cap enemies. nerfs don't matter. change your build to reach higher levels. doesn't require playstyle change and even if it does, you didn't set up the build to suit a playstyle, you made it to hit big numbers so it doesn't matter if it requires a playstyle change since you only care about big numbers

So if it doesn't matter - which I agree... then why mess with it. What benefit is it to stop players from "over-killing" if we can one shot kill or AOE kill level cap enemies anyway? Why waste resources, and programming on something that, according to you, doesn't make a difference - when that time can be focused on all the bugs, glitches, long standing un-optimizations and even new content? If it didn't matter that we could hit big numbers, leave it be, let us play and focus on them problems that aren't getting attention. Like - when are they going to fix the loss of rewards when host migration occur? When are they going to fix Cross Save so we can trade? All the Duvuri errors we still get? The clipping errors still in the game? The left behind game modes, taking up space, that nobody plays (Conclave, Lunaro for example). The list goes on... The unknown error crashing? Isnt there more to worry about than reducing kill numbers and whether a thing is too popular??? We don't need new playstyle changes, we need a more stable game!

Edited by magusat999

Don't think anything changed at all, well now you get to do the most fun part of the game which is coming up with a build for those things you mentioned that got changed, try to experiment a bit.

7 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

So if it doesn't matter - which I agree... then why mess with it. What benefit is it to stop players from "over-killing" if we can one shot kill or AOE kill level cap enemies anyway? Why waste resources, and programming on something that, according to you, doesn't make a difference - when that time can be focused on all the bugs, glitches, long standing un-optimizations and even new content? If it didn't matter that we could hit big numbers, leave it be, let us play and focus on them problems that aren't getting attention. Like - when are they going to fix the loss of rewards when host migration occur? When are they going to fix Cross Save so we can trade? All the Duvuri errors we still get? The clipping errors still in the game? The left behind game modes, taking up space, that nobody plays (Conclave, Lunaro for example). The list goes on... The unknown error crashing? Isnt there more to worry about than reducing kill numbers and whether a thing is too popular??? We don't need new playstyle changes, we need a more stable game!

DE has already explained why they nerf these things like Nourish, Eclipse, and Exodia Contagion. We lose some damage on the billions we deal and the upside is build diversity, encouragement to use other helminth abilities, frames, and weapons without the usage rates dominating all others. It's not the end of the world. Adjust your builds slightly and move on.

Many games make buffs and nerfs to intentionally shift the meta to shake things up. Staying stagnant causes death.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

I have felt many improvements and several bugs fixed that bothered me a lot, in general it is because I do not stick to meta-builds, which are the safest to see nerfs because of how broken they become.

They have even nerfed the resistance of some enemies, the nerfs are not done maliciously, they are done to balance the game, some can be too much and others imperceptible, and before some child comes out saying: "pve games don't need balance" better save your comment, you have no idea what you're talking about.

9 hours ago, A_GreyBear said:

well I've never found that to be a problem for me but i feel even with that being the case for me now eclipse is pretty much always in Luner mode for some reason and even if that is just me thing or im being dumb and there's a easy fix i would rather not have to deal with that variable and just cast roar when its done idk :/ i guess its preference 

It is a tap and hold skill now with no influence from the light around you. So it is always at max potential based on which version you use, so Solar 30%+ weapon damage, Lunar 75% DR.