Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

want to play cc frame? PFF good joke lad move on. DE just finished killing everything that is not damage or revenant.

Oi Oi Oi DE WHAT DID YOU DO TO THOSE EXIMUS NOW, EH? AND WHY YOU DIDNT YOU TELL US ABOUT IT?
for everyone who doesnt know what I m talking about, Eximus units are now totally resistant to any ccs. This change alone just killed 70-80% of roaster. Why bring any cc frame when you can just take more dmg or Revenant.
Incomplete list of characters or skills that dont make sense thanks to overguard;
Baruuk is nerfed, Bashee 4 is stun and 3 stun is dead, Equinox is nerfed, Excalibur is dead, FROST IS GIGA DEAD, Khora nerfed, Limbo is dead, Loki is dead, Mag polarize (3) augment is dead, Mesa 2 augment is dead, Nekros terryfiy is dead, Nezha 4 is dead, Nidus is dead, Nova both speed and slowva is dead, Nyx is dead, Trinity is dead, Valkyr slow is dead, Vauban is dead, Yareli is dead.
Do you really think that only fun think about warframe is dealing dmg and beeing immortal? WOW SO FUN. So ye if you are playing on deimos labs as any cc frame and you see console, hack it and jump into necramech, aleast you will be usefull, there is no reason to do anything elese.
What were you thinking. JUST WHAT.
  • Like 16

Hmm I seem to not have any issues with the frames you've mentioned and overguard on Eximi was introduced at least 2 years ago (I came back to the game in April 2023 the rework was in April 2022). 

Did you just come back? 

Overguard is easily stripped and then all CC abilities work. I kind of wish they added more instances of enemies like the Sanctum necramech only allowing a 50% armor strip.

More instances of damage attenuation, more instances of where builds matter beyond having a Torid with a Riven and a glass cannon frame. 

More instances where you have to be mindful of doing things like using Hildryn in a high level infested mission where pillage doesn't work and using Arcanes like molt reconstruct matters. 

But really, just take a deep breath. Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat this process 3-4 times. Release and breathe out whatever might be causing you tension and anxiety. 

Take some time just to be. 

Now. I'll just say there is literally no mechanic in this game that can't be countered with the right tools.

Edited by NeDesitVirtus

34 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:
Oi Oi Oi DE WHAT DID YOU DO TO THOSE EXIMUS NOW, EH? AND WHY YOU DIDNT YOU TELL US ABOUT IT?
for everyone who doesnt know what I m talking about, Eximus units are now totally resistant to any ccs.

What were you thinking. JUST WHAT.

You're late by about 2 years and their thinking can be found here.

• Like 7

Not every enemy is an Eximus. Prioritize crowd-control-resistant foes, and you'll see that your abilities are still useful. The goal of these changes was to prevent mindless AFK farms and non-challenging games. With today's power level, the game is even easier than it has ever been.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nev3rD1E said:

you can deal damage with abilites to them XD so ye you wont stop seeing it. btw there is option called "SOLO" if you didnt noticed.

When you put it in that perspective, "use your guns" feels a bit biased when many caster frames don't deal with Overguard with weapons either. Makes it seem like CC role was targeted in specific.
I do kinda see the reason it was added but there are few problems. CC frames weren't released with CC immune enemies being around at the time. CC was their means of defense mostly and in some cases even their main role. The other problem being the rules regarding which abilities can affect overguard are very inconsistent. (Decoy, Mallet, Razorflies are CC on the same base with Chaos but Chaos does nothing in a scenario where enemies all have Overguard because it unexplainably doesn't directly affect them. It's an arbitrary rule.)
Another problem from this is when people suggest rework for CC frames with some damage dealing in mind it gets shut down with "not every frame has to be a dps frame". Then choose one. Either CC needs another look or they do need to be viable to be DPS frames. If someone is going to pick an argument on this issue, they should pick 1, not 2 because then they contradict each other.
Personally I think it's CC that needs another look because the increased shoehorning of "DPS your way out of everything" isn't friendly for either variety or old warframes.
Warframe should be soloable so it shouldn't necessarily require the established RPG roles, but they should be able to do their purpose better. The current way is closer to the other end of the extreme. Besides CC, healing isn't in a great spot right now either. It's not that black and white, and I hope DE is eventually going to see there's a middle ground to go for.

• Like 2

There are multiple time based missions mods that do not require you to kill a single soul: interception, mobile defence, hijack

15 hours ago, Nev3rD1E said:

Nekros terryfiy is dead

Wdym its dead? It is lowest STR investment Full Armor strip available to subsume.

16 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

Hmm I seem to not have any issues with the frames you've mentioned and overguard on Eximi was introduced at least 2 years ago (I came back to the game in April 2023 the rework was in April 2022). 

Did you just come back? 

Overguard is easily stripped and then all CC abilities work. I kind of wish they added more instances of enemies like the Sanctum necramech only allowing a 50% armor strip.

More instances of damage attenuation, more instances of where builds matter beyond having a Torid with a Riven and a glass cannon frame. 

More instances where you have to be mindful of doing things like using Hildryn in a high level infested mission where pillage doesn't work and using Arcanes like molt reconstruct matters. 

But really, just take a deep breath. Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat this process 3-4 times. Release and breathe out whatever might be causing you tension and anxiety. 

Take some time just to be. 

Now. I'll just say there is literally no mechanic in this game that can't be countered with the right tools.

there is no tenstion and no anxiet also there is no reason to play anything besides nuke or tank frames if there is please tell why, were and when. "I'll just say there is literally no mechanic in this game that can't be countered with the right tools." Only "tool" that matters now is damage, damage and damage, little bit of survability and guess what damage. Why would you use Hildryn when green shards and Revenant exist? Just to make things harder for yourself kekw. 

• Like 1

Wait, is CC even a things in warframe ? I thought warframe is all about "do you kill stuff ? You don't kill stuff!? You shouldn't even be exist!" while DE still decide to make new CC frame just to make players who like those new frame surfer even more(and newer CC frame is also worst then older CC frame in overall btw).

Edited by PrinzeEugen
  • Like 1

On 2024-03-29 at 2:24 PM, PrinzeEugen said:

Wait, is CC even a things in warframe ? I thought warframe is all about "do you kill stuff ? You don't kill stuff!? You shouldn't even be exist!" while DE still decide to make new CC frame just to make players who like those new frame surfer even more(and newer CC frame is also worst then older CC frame in overall btw).

ya you can see that their desing philosophy changed, we got a MAGE who has 1 cc and his survability revolves about BEING A MAGE TANK. And the fun part is that he doesnt need to mod for durability at all he goes full ablity strenght build and his Overguard values are just ridiculous.

On 2024-03-28 at 8:42 PM, VibingCat said:

Not every enemy is an Eximus. Prioritize crowd-control-resistant foes, and you'll see that your abilities are still useful. The goal of these changes was to prevent mindless AFK farms and non-challenging games. With today's power level, the game is even easier than it has ever been.

tell me what is mindfull about pressing 2 2 4 once and then spamming 3 3 4 on Dante.  He can literally stand in one place and do it all day long. He doesnt have any energy issues if you take equalibrum, he is tankier than Chroma, and he deals HUGE amounts of damage. You dont even need to use any other spell combination, you dont need to use his 1, tbh you can just throw his 1 for nourish for more mindless gameplay. 

On 2024-03-29 at 11:35 AM, Zakkhar said:

There are multiple time based missions mods that do not require you to kill a single soul: interception, mobile defence, hijack

Wdym its dead? It is lowest STR investment Full Armor strip available to subsume.

I meant cc not armor strip. The post is about cc not ways to make more funny big damage numbers. 

"Not every enemy is an Eximus. Prioritize crowd-control-resistant foes, and you'll see that your abilities are still useful." For who and what is this usefull. Maybe low lvl deffense missions, OH WAIT INSTEAD OF STUNNING THEM MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST NEVER PICK CC AND KILL EVERYTHING WITH SARYN (or any other nuke frame), right so maybe when we stay a little bit longer lets say 35 waves in this mission THEN cc will be usefull, oh sorry no everyone is Eximus now. Do you see the problem? 

• Like 1

tell me what is mindfull about pressing 2 2 4 once and then spamming 3 3 4 on Dante.  He can literally stand in one place and do it all day long. He doesnt have any energy issues if you take equalibrum, he is tankier than Chroma, and he deals HUGE amounts of damage. You dont even need to use any other spell combination, you dont need to use his 1, tbh you can just throw his 1 for nourish for more mindless gameplay. 

I am not sure how this is related to my comment in a way that contradicts it. Anyway, I'm glad you like the new warframe!

"Not every enemy is an Eximus. Prioritize crowd-control-resistant foes, and you'll see that your abilities are still useful." For who and what is this usefull. Maybe low lvl deffense missions, OH WAIT INSTEAD OF STUNNING THEM MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST NEVER PICK CC AND KILL EVERYTHING WITH SARYN (or any other nuke frame), right so maybe when we stay a little bit longer lets say 35 waves in this mission THEN cc will be usefull, oh sorry no everyone is Eximus now. Do you see the problem? 

Our new incarnon weapons are strong enough to oneshot level-cap eximus effortlessly with any warframe. If you're having trouble with defense, consider using frames like Zephyr and Mag. Experiment with new loadouts and reflect on the importance of teamwork and synergies. 

On 2024-03-29 at 11:25 AM, Harutomata said:

Personally I think it's CC that needs another look because the increased shoehorning of "DPS your way out of everything" isn't friendly for either variety or old warframes.

I dont think that Eximus changes are good in any way. In my opinion they should have just added new enemies with unique abilities and specific things that you need to do in order to take them down if they wanted to avoid "mindless farms". Just give us big necramech like boys that have their unique attacks, vurablity spots or timers (and no acolytes arent elite enemies, they are pathetic joke).

On 2024-03-30 at 11:51 AM, VibingCat said:

I am not sure how this is related to my comment in a way that contradicts it. Anyway, I'm glad you like the new warframe!

The fact that ccs dont work on overguards but abilites that deal damage is dumb. Eximus units should have it. There should be new enemy type that is resistant if they didnt wanted mindless afk farms. Tell me what have changed in terms of mindless farms if Octavia or Saryn can still kill enitre map doing same thing over and over again. 

On 2024-03-30 at 11:51 AM, VibingCat said:

Our new incarnon weapons are strong enough to oneshot level-cap eximus effortlessly with any warframe. If you're having trouble with defense, consider using frames like Zephyr and Mag. Experiment with new loadouts and reflect on the importance of teamwork and synergies. 

wow that gives us entire 2 warframes that are somewhat good at defending, oh and their means of defending objectives arent cc, so the problem that cc frames are competly redundant is still here. And btw gl defending kuva extractor on kuva survivals as a zephyr.  "Our new incarnon weapons are strong enough to oneshot level-cap eximus effortlessly with any warframe." Yes, incarnon weapons are broken, how does it make using cc frames viable? I m not saying that game is hard, I m saying that there is NO REASON to play anything that revolves about cc. When was last time you saw Limbo? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:

wow that gives us entire 2 warframes that are somewhat good at defending, oh and their means of defending objectives arent cc, so the problem that cc frames are competly redundant is still here. And btw gl defending kuva extractor on kuva survivals as a zephyr.  "Our new incarnon weapons are strong enough to oneshot level-cap eximus effortlessly with any warframe." Yes, incarnon weapons are broken, how does it make using cc frames viable? I m not saying that game is hard, I m saying that there is NO REASON to play anything that revolves about cc. When was last time you saw Limbo? 

Looks like a skill issue, sorry. Practise more.

10 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:

The fact that ccs dont work on overguards but abilites that deal damage is dumb. Eximus units should have it. There should be new enemy type that is resistant if they didnt wanted mindless afk farms. Tell me what have changed in terms of mindless farms if Octavia or Saryn can still kill enitre map doing same thing over and over again. 

At first, you were complaining about a nerf, and now you're suggesting a new one? I'm slightly confused. It seems like you actually know how to deal with this obstacle you're presenting.

Moreover, I personally believe it's fair that Overguard grants crowd control protection but can still be damaged by most abilities. This is just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Looks like a skill issue, sorry. Practise more.

where did i say that game is too hard? And please awsear question, where is in your option place in the game where cc is best way of dealing with anything?

17 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

At first, you were complaining about a nerf, and now you're suggesting a new one? I'm slightly confused. It seems like you actually know how to deal with this obstacle you're presenting.

Moreover, I personally believe it's fair that Overguard grants crowd control protection but can still be damaged by most abilities. This is just my humble opinion.

No it`s not fair. If Saryn and Octavia can still nuke map tell me reason why Nyx can stun it. Please kindly read thread title. Picking any cc frame in almost any mission is making your life harder for no reason.

• Like 1

As someone who's always been against Overguard. 

Seeing a while bunch of people just go "Lmao Just Use Damage" Will always vindicate me over it being an absolutely S#&$e addition to the game. 

It also reminds me of a funny fact. 

It is more beneficial, to bring a DPS Frame than a Support/Healer in the mission where you have to keep their health up. 

8 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:

where did i say that game is too hard? And please awsear question, where is in your option place in the game where cc is best way of dealing with anything?

No it`s not fair. If Saryn and Octavia can still nuke map tell me reason why Nyx can stun it. Please kindly read thread title. Picking any cc frame in almost any mission is making your life harder for no reason.

Nyx is arguably better than Saryn in a Steel Path mission of Interception in solo mode. But usually, in other scenarios, Saryn is better for sure, in terms of versatility and damage output. A reason why Nyx exists is because the game would be rather boring if every warframe were like Saryn, don't you think so? She was designed a long time ago, and probably needs a little rework to catch up. In truth, Chaos indirectly offers crowd control on eximus units, so maybe you should find a better example.

As to me, I combine DPS and CC for the best result, a nice balance of both. I didn't say you should focus your entire build on crowd control; that might work if you're in a full squad, though.

I will agree with Tributos that the role of Overguard should be reversed. It should provide damage attenuation unless the enemy is CCd.

Like, of course you should still be able to kill enemies with Overguard without CC, but it would be a lot better if CC was the thing that countered Overguard and not just even more overwhelming damage.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VibingCat said:

"Nyx is arguably better than Saryn in a Steel Path mission of Interception in solo mode... In truth, Chaos indirectly offers crowd control on eximus units, so maybe you should find a better example."

She used to be. She isn`t anymore. Nyx chaos doesnt work on Eximus units read the post then coment, please. If you dont belive me go to simulacrum and test it out. 

" A reason why Nyx exists is because the game would be rather boring if every warframe were like Saryn, don't you think so? She was designed a long time ago, and probably needs a little rework to catch up."

Nyx doesnt need a rework, Nyx needs overguard changes revert. And yes I dont just think that game "would be rather boring if every warframe were like Saryn" I KNOW THAT. 

There should be diffrent jobs for every frame. CC frames dont have place in the game anymore, READ CHECK THEN WRITE AGAIN, PLEASE.

As to me, I combine DPS and CC for the best result, a nice balance of both. I didn't say you should focus your entire build on crowd control; that might work if you're in a full squad, though.

No playing crowd control even in entire squad doesnt have sense anymore, how you cant get it by now. There is no more reason to do anything other than nuking map. 

BTW one question how are you planing to stop eximus attacks with Zephyr 3 or Mag bubble? You know that these spells dont work on Eximus right? CUZ YOU CANT STUN THEM ANYMORE XD 

On 2024-03-30 at 3:02 PM, ReddyDisco said:

This was added 2 years with eximus rework, if you still can't deal with it then

gitgud

yes first Eximus rework was added 2 years ago and now they silenly buffed overguards, removing rest cc capabilites. Read then write, please. 

On 2024-03-30 at 2:14 PM, BalaDeSilver said:

I will agree with Tributos that the role of Overguard should be reversed. It should provide damage attenuation unless the enemy is CCd.

Like, of course you should still be able to kill enemies with Overguard without CC, but it would be a lot better if CC was the thing that countered Overguard and not just even more overwhelming damage.

Ye that would make more sense, but I still think that there should be new elite enemies if they dont want "mindless afk farming". 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:

She used to be. She isn`t anymore. Nyx chaos doesnt work on Eximus units read the post then coment, please. If you dont belive me go to simulacrum and test it out. 

Nyx doesnt need a rework, Nyx needs overguard changes revert. And yes I dont just think that game "would be rather boring if every warframe were like Saryn" I KNOW THAT. 

There should be diffrent jobs for every frame. CC frames dont have place in the game anymore, READ CHECK THEN WRITE AGAIN, PLEASE.

No playing crowd control even in entire squad doesnt have sense anymore, how you cant get it by now. There is no more reason to do anything other than nuking map. 

BTW one question how are you planing to stop eximus attacks with Zephyr 3 or Mag bubble? You know that these spells dont work on Eximus right? CUZ YOU CANT STUN THEM ANYMORE XD 

There's a reason why I said 'indirectly': normal units affected by Chaos will attack Eximus, which distracts them. I've used Nyx a lot in the Gas City, and she performed better than anything else I've tried so far.

Zephyr's Turbulence stops all projectiles, protecting herself and allies. She also excels in terms of DPS thanks to her passive ability and tornadoes, beautifully cheesing solo defense and not only that.

Mag's best build relies on Breach Surge, which blinds enemies regardless of overguard. With enough range, Magnetize offers an additional layer of protection from Eximus, as it redirects their own damage to themselves. And Fracturing Crush strips armour permanently around you from every enemy in range. A casual friend of mine reached the level cap in the SP circuit using all of the above.

Maybe consider taking a break from typing in caps and try new loadouts, fellow Tenno.

43 minutes ago, Nev3rD1E said:

BTW one question how are you planing to stop eximus attacks with Zephyr 3 or Mag bubble? You know that these spells dont work on Eximus right?

They do.

• Like 1