The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.2

[DE]Megan

New Bug New Bug New Bug

Game Softlocks inside of the Foundry, preventing Escape / Start / Unstuck Command. 

Do please have this looked into. 

Please and thanks!

Hey devs, there seems to be a bug with Chroma emissive and elemental ward element. Its stuck on heat only, not sure if its due to the new augment. Please have a look asap if you can :)

can you make the Nidus augment Abundant Mutation into an exilus and reduce cooldown from 30 to 15? It only changes the passive behavior to allow for more stacks in exchange for losing your on demand death denial for some time. Plus if you enter bleedout, you will lose all your stacks as an added consequence. No reason it shouldn't be exilus.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a script error caused by Dante’s Passive and Final Verse’s “Tragedy”. 

Could this be the host/client desynch issue? I really want to use Dante more, but when Tragedy hits for 400 client-side, but 40.000 host-side, it's kinda hard.

The nerf to Helminth's eclipse is baffling to say the least. 80% nerf. Technically it will take me 5x as long to kill enemies now. 😭

Edit: ... and it doesn't seem to apply to zaws with the exodia contagion anymore. Or, at least, it does the same damage with or without solar eclipse.

Edited by Kryztoval
Adding a clarification on an extended nerf.
  • Like 1

dante minor interaction: for some reason if you change your attachments  energy it will change the color of the second and third ability color BUT the ultimate is normal , the color is based on the color of the warframe energy

being honest I don't want this to change , give it an extra customization, and if you don't want just press the "copy main color" on your attachments and this issue is fixed

Steel path and normal bountys on the Sanctum are bugged lol. It's a lotery trying to get to the steel path version, doesn't matter if you select steel path or not, it start with a normal level bounty 90% of the time. Thank you so much <3

I really hope some big Orbiter GI lighting adjustments are still on the slate. That last hotfix turned the knob about 5% when I feel like it needs more like 20-30%, roughly speaking. Oppressive shadows and sunlight, materials looking way, way more dull than they used to, and washed out colors of an uncalibrated screen. The shadows get abyssal, and the blinding peaks of sun reflections on the bridge, even when the sun isnt apparent anywhere to the fore, is a migraine waiting to happen. Its a serious, unpleasant upheaval to spaces that folks have spend YEARS crafting.

When the light and angles are right, certain things look amazing. But the cell-shade darkness of the shadows, the absolutely harshness of white lights (especially the sun's reflection on navigation x_x), and the disorienting lack of balance are kinda giving me a headache. This extreme amount of light and dark contrast, the way it makes you subconsciously squint and strain more, is bad for the eyes. This is also, again, compounded by how drained and bland some hard won, formerly vibrant decorations looks.

I've checked on PC and PS5, with a slate of options turned on and off. Dynamic lighting off is a gloomy haunted house, Dynamic on cooks the interior in shadow and ultrabright radiation. I posted multiple screenshots of before/after in the 35.5.1 thread, and so did others. Its easy to find lots of examples, as threads pop up all over on the topic. 

I would ask you to especially consider the wide open spaces of the back/operator room. That is a cavernous space people love to get creative with.. Opulent throne rooms, galleries... spaces designed to look amazing when someone walks in. The baked in lighting used to have a magical effect of balancing things against the nuclear glow of the operator core. Meanwhile, a current clash of extremes in this room casts the entry view of objects in an inky midnight that really dulls and dampens the effect. 

image.png?ex=661967f3&is=6606f2f3&hm=a217fbcfa080cb11fa5cb2d432b51c1a39cb1ef802bd28a9501c9e5b6a4b79e3& image.png?ex=66196a05&is=6606f505&hm=a16289b785ada40fdf6c44b50937f0d5ed8861427bd0421f172e03bfbfd861aa&While this still looks striking, realistic if you don't look closely, I never would've come up with this idea if I started fresh with such an engulfing light/darkness. Plus, looking at all this tech, I should have lights galore.

One good option I've seen (in many posts like the one above) is having a lot more lights available on the ship, so we can on/off areas where people have done detailed decorations of their own space. Honestly, it makes a lot of sense if I can illuminate the entire ship, where now it feels like lighting relies on nuclear ultralight, and lesser phantom light sources that are hard to gauge.

I'd personally like to see a lot more interior lights, and also the option to visibly polarize/shade out exterior glass. Especially the canopy and vault, which already looks limo tinted from outside. I don't mean black it out, but options to heavily screen it, the way they do drive-thru windows and skylights. The bridge canopy's symbolic shape has perfect markings to even allow partial polarization, letting you 'sunscreen' those top rungs that face the eternal sun, but keep a clear viewport to the fore. This is pretty much an eye-care option for the overworked optics of Tenno now and in the future.

PS: I want to stop just complaining and give yall props. Warframe is amazing, I am proud of the hard work and excellence of DE, and I am a very loyal supporter, regardless of what happens here. If this is how you want it, I question that.. but will make do. This change was particularly disheartening to me, because it was such a stark pallor over my orbiter, which is no less than the cheerful AFK hub I run on my PC all the time. I hope I've been able to make sense of this issue, and provide food for thought.

Edited by Rahlgrim
  • Like 6

FYI, the loading into the different path (Steel Path vs, normal) happens in BOTH directions. I've been pulled into Steel Path twice now when signing up for normal.

On 2024-03-28 at 2:52 PM, KingJerbear said:

Sir, do you know there are ways to point out issues without being a passive aggressive jerk? They miss stuff like this because there are hundreds of different character, abilities, and systems in this game that they have to make work for thousands of PC combinations and different consoles. Try showing a little grace

It's been ages since it was released. They get to be ticked off about it.

• Like 1

Chromas Guardian armor still doesn't absorb damage taken by his Effigy despite it being an "Ally".
Not only is this very much unexpected behavior, it also ruins the consistency of the -NEW- mod, making it entirely reliant on his team instead of having synergy with his own kit as augments normally are supposed to.
The replenished duration also still doesn't scale with duration mods, now that you changed your mind on letting it increase indefinitely, how about fixing that part to be consistent with every other similar effect in the game

• Like 1

Visual Bug | Visual Bug

On Nezha, applying an efficiency mod does not alter the correct efficiency values on the listed abilities while in the Arsenal. 

In missions, the correct energy is taken into account with the mods on, however, visually in the arsenal, it still shows the base energy cost. 

Image here: https://imgur.com/gallery/XNAxPAc

Hope this gets sorted out as soon as possible, please and thanks!

Nyx' Psychic Bolts STILL sometimes don't work (an ongoing problem for 10+ months now), they sometimes only briefly stagger a target without removing any armor.

On top, Pacifying Bolts is ALSO bugged now, it only shoots 6 bolts instead of the promised 9!

And on top, the X-targets-affected indicator (e.g. "x6") on the skill icon has also not been showing for several mainline patches now.

Edited by PsychroPhoenix
  • Like 2

On 2024-03-28 at 2:25 PM, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed issue where Lohk Surges spawned in the same room could have the same buff. The buffs will now be more randomized!  

Not sure if anyone's disputed this yet, but I have been getting 2x the same lohk in the new puzzle rooms that have 3 in them multiple times today, and I just did one where I got 3x the "abilities cast faster and cost no energy" in the same room (the one with the pendulum thing swingin)

Edit: this was on the albrecht lab tilesets, idk about the zariman haven't been farmin that lately.

Edited by Aleadis
  • Like 1

First, thanks for the fixes and all the hard work.

Second, ¿any ETA on when the bug of mixed matchmaking in Sanctum Anatomica bounties? I mean, a bit of thanks on the free steel essence, but it is not fun for me (and I assume others) to be pulled into a mission above what we expected, and probably not for those that have to carry us as well.

Third, ¿can we get Inventory into the quick navigation just added, instead of either Navigation or Operator? Those can be accessed it already just a key away with Escape, but inventory still need to enter a submenu first

19 hours ago, Symbiont said:

please fix the lag/memory leak probably due to new lighting implementation. people getting disconnected while not even a long run of void cascade.

Seconding this. I've been seeing occasional game crashes (with the "your hardware failed" website being opened automatically) since Dante Unbound released. I'm about 99% positive it's not my hardware at fault, because it's only Warframe that's suffering and I've run a handful of comprehensive tests that returned no issues with my rig.

On 2024-04-02 at 5:15 AM, Symbiont said:

please fix the lag/memory leak probably due to new lighting implementation. people getting disconnected while not even a long run of void cascade.

Maybe make it a toggle… the lighting is screwing my orbiter… it looks edgier than usual 

I don't think people understand how software works. The new lighting system is a REPLACEMENT for the old one. Once they put the new lighting in, the old lighting is no longer in the game. There would be no point to making a new system if the old system continues to exist (and thus require maintenance). They are doing it somewhat piecemeal to help prevent issues (not entirely succeeding as we have seen), but for each area they do it for, the old lighting is gone and is not something can put back in without substantial work.

Analogy: If you replace the motor in your car, you can't just go back to the old motor whenever you feel like it. You have to modify the surrounding assembly to make the new motor fit, and putting the old motor back would require undoing all that. Also any other changes you have done since changing the motor would also need fresh changes to make the old motor work again... and it compounds. A "toggle" would be the equivalent of making the car have both engines installed at once and swap on command, which would be ludicrously complicated to engineer.

• Like 1