Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Forums broken on Firefox, infinite login loop

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place to have post ths, but I don't know where else to put it.

On FireFox, the forums are broken. It tells you to sign in, then loads the main website and says you have done so successfully, then tells you you have to sign in when you go back to the forums. Repeat forever. Before anyone asks, I tried everything I can on my end, clearing cache and cookies and even clean reinstalling FF.

I am on chrome in order to report this, which I installed just to have forum access.

• Like 2

I've noticed this occasionally as well. For me it's the support site that loops. I've disabled uBlock and Privacy Badger but it still loops. I have FF clear cookies/cache/etc. on close so it's nothing from there.

6 minutes ago, Void2258 said:

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place to have post ths, but I don't know where else to put it.

Probably the Bug Reports subforum somewhere. If you report your post and pick "this post is OK, but I want to inform moderation" or whatever the option is you can ask them to move this thread to wherever it belongs.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Probably the Bug Reports subforum somewhere. If you report your post and pick "this post is OK, but I want to inform moderation" or whatever the option is you can ask them to move this thread to wherever it belongs.

All the bug report forums are very specifically about something, so I wouldn't know where to put it there either. There is no dedicated area for website bugs, ad it doesn't really fit under any of the dedicated bug topic headers. I thought GD was the safest bet and the mods could move it if it was bad, instead of putting it in a specific bug forum where it might not be seen or risk getting a strike for not following the topic (I might still get in trouble in GD but it seemed the safest bet).

Edited by Void2258

I had the loop as well, and this fixed it for me.

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

This happened to me two days ago, but when I signed out on the main site and back in, I was able to log successfully back in to the forums.

1 hour ago, werefox85 said:

I had the loop as well, and this fixed it for me.

Nothing has fixed this permanently for me and I've had this problem for months. Currently I'm able to use the forum on my computer but not my phone; sometimes it's the reverse, sometimes it's both or neither. Support has said it's on their end, not mine, and I firmly believe it has to do with their implementation of cross-save. My latest is support ticket is going on 3 weeks of no response so I've got... at least another week and a half before they get around to it. It is super frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

Clear cache and navigation data. 

you are welcome. 

Has nothing to do with it.

No thank you.

1 minute ago, Aruquae said:

Odd… I thought that was just me

Like some others said, just sign out from main website, then sign back in 

My impression is that it's happening to quite a few players who also think it's just them. And it's kinda tough to talk about it when the place where you would is causing the problem.

Signing out and in does not fix it. 🙄

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

This happened to me two days ago, but when I signed out on the main site and back in, I was able to log successfully back in to the forums.

This also worked for me and was happening yesterday on iPadOS Safari. Had to logout from warframe.com first like tiltskillet mentioned.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Has nothing to do with it.

No thank you.

My impression is that it's happening to quite a few players who also think it's just them. And it's kinda tough to talk about it when the place where you would is causing the problem.

Signing out and in does not fix it. 🙄

Odd, it fixed it for me

Clearing the cache is related btw 

Clearing the cache would make the website have to redownload the information on the website, rather than just loading the potentially “corrupted” (or just not working/broken) website over and over again. I would recommend that if the other didn’t work

1 minute ago, Aruquae said:

Clearing the cache is related btw 

Clearing the cache would make the website have to redownload the information on the website, rather than just loading the potentially “corrupted” (or just not working/broken) website over and over again. I would recommend that if the other didn’t work

Right. But once you have that nice new uncached page that you sign in on... it reverts to that same endless loop because the problem is on their end.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Right. But once you have that nice new uncached page that you sign in on... it reverts to that same endless loop because the problem is on their end.

Odd… if it was on their end then I’m sure other people wouldn’t be able to sign in. Sure the problem happened to a lot of people, but you seem to be the only one where it’s sticking. 
Also, you’re saying this without clearing the cache, so how would you know?

3 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Odd… if it was on their end then I’m sure other people wouldn’t be able to sign in. Sure the problem happened to a lot of people, but you seem to be the only one where it’s sticking. 

Happened to me some time ago, I cleared cache and it didn't do anything to help. I believe it was an issue with logging in through Xbox especially since recently a different type of issue happened to me.

Instead of the forum not logging in it would tell me to make an account despite already being logged in through the website, I ended up just enabling cross save to avoid these issues so rip @(XBOX)C11H22O11 cause the forum doesn't understand cross save.

4 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Happened to me some time ago, I cleared cache and it didn't do anything to help. I believe it was an issue with logging in through Xbox especially since recently a different type of issue happened to me.

Instead of the forum not logging in it would tell me to make an account despite already being logged in through the website, I ended up just enabling cross save to avoid these issues so rip @(XBOX)C11H22O11 cause the forum doesn't understand cross save.

Ahhhhh

That explains your forum account, I swore you had more than 20 responses

So the only solution was giving into cross save? That’s terrible 

2 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Because I've been going through this for months. Clearing caches, rebooting, different browsers, different devices -- even tested on the neighbor's phone, and she's never heard of Warframe or its forum so no cache issue there.

Plus, support explicitly told me it was a problem on their end.

It's pretty much been:

Forum access, no forum access, contact support, support says "oops, sorry," forum access, no forum access, contact...

For months.

As I said in another thread about this, it's insanity-inducing.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Because I've been going through this for months. Clearing caches, rebooting, different browsers, different devices -- even tested on the neighbor's phone, and she's never heard of Warframe or its forum so no cache issue there.

Plus, support explicitly told me it was a problem on their end.

It's pretty much been:

Forum access, no forum access, contact support, support says "oops, sorry," forum access, no forum access, contact...

For months.

As I said in another thread about this, it's insanity-inducing.

That is beyond annoying… so many problems on these forums and nothing the Devs can do because apparently, this isn’t their territory. The forums are owned by a separate company, then basically “rented” by DE. 
I hope you find a solution to this. 
Speaking of which, maybe the ones who actually own the forums can help… the company is called “Invision Community.” I’ll check their FAQs.

Edit: At quick glance the threads are just for consumers buying themselves a “domain,” but there is a support system that deals with problems similar to what you’re having. 

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 1

I thought I was shadow banned, for complaining about weapon recoil or asking for "please nerf Thermal Sunder Titania more" or asking for a "I Never Want To Host" toggle, when it happens to me.

It never happened to me for years, then I leave feedback in the Feedback Forums, then this happens to me for a week or two. Then I'm good for months, then I'm like "Give me Matchmaking Blacklist so I never have to play with Limbo" then I can't log in from a week. 

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily

Happened to me again today too.  But like before, signing out of the main site and back in resolved it.  (For a few more days, probably.)

Basically the same cycle that happened before, needing to re-enter my credentials.  It just hasn't involved the main site up until this last week.  (And still doesn't on my phone where I'm using Chrome.)