The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.6

[DE]Megan

I hope those LoS change can drive DE to revisit more frames for reworks/update/changes. I really want to push on all those abandoned frames.

Also i don't mind the rng loadouts of the Elite deep dives but let's be real my 8 forma riven loaded spira isn't cutting it at all, many type of weapons are in a bad spot.

Also i'm glad to see self cast overguard isn't making rage/HA work, so many people coping with their Kullervo and those mods.

Edited by Maxwell
Edit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tragedy: 

• Because of the return of Pageflight’s Status Damage increase, we have added a 1 billion damage cap to Tragedy, purely as a preventative measure against game errors. This is our highest damage cap in the game, a testament to how powerful Pageflight and Tragedy can be with the right setup. We will monitor feedback and performance over a longer time span before reviewing again.

Sounds good... now please just nerf the range and remove LoS? 15-20m would be great. Max of 42-56m range so I can still reliably set off most things in a tile, especially if my squad is using status weapons. As it is now, it still just doesn't feel comfortable to use.

• Like 14

Whoever thought forcing Pillage to have LoS checking on it is a horrible person and only likes things being ruined. 

Thanks for breaking the ability as it can't even pillage enemies BEHIND PILLARS now more than 10 meters away. 

Horrible application, and now I'm dreading to try out everything listed here...

Full Thoughts and Main Takeaway: 

Just use Tharros Strike as an armor stripping ability now, it's just better for what you're using it for. 

DE doubling-down on ruining LoS on abilities that frankly should not have it, or that already do have it and making them worse, is just going to simply force us to use better abilities that the game offers in the form of the helminth system. 

Time for Hildy to lose Pillage soon.

Edited by Halo
Full Thoughts
  • Like 21

9 minutes ago, Galexivity said:

I believe I speak for the majority when the main issue with Dante when it comes to Tragedy is the LoS. While we appreciate the fixes that you are doing, you need to see that the best fix for Dante's tragedy is to revert the LoS changes on it and make it a circle again. Reduce the range of it if that's the problem. Don't make it one-shot level 26 enemies if that's the problem. But once again, you're missing the mark just by a tad. Please just get rid of LoS for Dante's Tragedy. There are so many reasons and possible solutions that members have asked for who play your game for hours on end. We love you DE, but we really want you to listen. ;n;

#UnbindDante, he still feels dramatically more frustrating to play after the Tragedy nerf.  Please remove LoS and reduce the range.

• Like 23

1 minute ago, Halo said:

Whoever thought forcing Pillage to have LoS checking on it is a horrible person and only likes things being ruined. 

Thanks for breaking the ability as it can't even pillage enemies BEHIND PILLARS now more than 10 meters away. 

It had an LoS check already, unlike Terrify. What do you mean?
Sounds like the new LoS is buggy?

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Halo said:

Pillage has always been LoS.

• Like 13

These are great changes, I especially like the return or Paragrimm's damage boost. Please remember to fix some of the animation bugs on Dante, like the bugs when holding a Pistol alongside an object breaking movement animation and pistol aiming being buggy when moving along the vertical axis, gun hand doesn't move or somehow morphs into body sometimes.

1 minute ago, sh0shin said:

It had an LoS check already, unlike Terrify. What do you mean?
Sounds like the new LoS is buggy?

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Pillage has always been LoS.

Never felt this bad honestly.

Stand behind a column 11 meters away from an enemy, an open column, with no walls around you, and an enemy on the other side of it, not visibly seen from your view. 

You will not pillage it. 

• Like 1

Combat Discipline doesn't currently bypass Overguard to deal damage directly to HP. This breaks the interaction with Harrow's Pennance (2) Skill with Archon Intensify.

Since the Combat Discipline Damage hits overguard, you can't actually heal yourself with your 2, breaking the interaction with Archon Intensify. Yes, this is niche, but I can't 100% strip with pillage without that extra 30%. I just put 5 tau shards into my Harrow, that I've spent the last few weeks getting put together since I came back to make a great end game Pillage Harrow setup, but now every mission I go into, there's a Dante, and my build doesn't function correctly.

Please make Combat Discipline Bypass Overgaurd to damage HP. I imagine this breaks Archon INtensify for a lot of setups, but for a build with an essential power strength break point, it's feelsbad.

Edited by -Minibeave-
  • Like 15

vor 21 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Made Dark Verse’s Line of Sight (LoS) checks more reliable to bring it in line with Tragedy. 

• Following the improvements to Tragedy’s LoS last week, we’ve applied the same logic to Dark Verse to ensure enemies within LoS are properly considered to prevent cases where being only partially visible would not trigger the check. This is part of the greater LoS improvements detailed in the “Line of Sight Improvements” section below. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

As written directly above, we are not done with improving LoS and will continue to assess where further improvements can be made. New reports related to LoS will be investigated for future Hotfixes/Updates. Thank you, Tenno! 

And into the trash it goes...

vor 10 Minuten schrieb GStarPrime:

Damn, DE is full of stubborn people, instead of just reverting the nerfs they decided to take it to the end, like some karen unable to admit his errors 

Perfectly sums it up

Edited by yeahnil
  • Like 25

3 minutes ago, ConanThLibrarian said:

Hydraulic Barrel mod has disappeared from the game and inventory.

It was a perfect mod to optimize Catabolys with the new augment.

What do you mean? I still see it and is set as conclave exclusive.

4 minutes ago, Halo said:

According to the patchnotes It always had LOS? Are you saying that its bugged?

• Like 1

Deactivate stalker during DA and EDA! THANKS DE for listening me. I hope people will play in peace without him. All I have to do is adjust the difficulty level of DA and EDA. I hope the Devs will test DA and EDA in solo and you will understand what is happening and I hope they will fix the biggest single player problem.

thanks for deactivate stalker.

Edited by Roswell5151Qc
  • Like 1

Thanks for the Nezha one!

The Arca Titron was probably not necessary, but appreciate the QoL - with this easier stacking it *might* be worth a thought to re-add the effect on combo slams.

And can't wait for the Ember LoS improvement xD enemy armor beware.

• Like 1

Improvements are all good. 

In fact I count three improvements to the Onos in this hotfix alone - technical and visual - and yet its most glaring issue remains: its glowy blue gas/liquid/plasma canister on the back not taking to color customization, clashing with any look that doesn't use that same blue. 

There's a reason I use orange-x-indigo dualtone energy colors - the results don't assault my retinas. Why is it such a common issue for color channel rigging to be incomplete on items for years? Hell, the Zephyr Harrier skin and Operator suit still have sections on them with uncolorable pale-purplish metal. Drifter attachment energy/emissive channels are reversed, and half their suit items simply don't emit dualtones at all. Does nobody in the development process do a little test coloring before release? 

Edited by Tau.
Mini rant

1 minute ago, Roswell5151Qc said:

Deactivate stalker during DA and EDA! THANKS DE for listening me. I hope people will play in peace without him. All I have to do is adjust the difficulty level of DA and EDA. I hope the Devs will test DA and EDA in solo and you will understand what is happening and I hope they will fix the biggest single player problem.

Cue someone dropping a Wolf Beacon in EDA. . .

It was only disabled because it broke the gamemode yet the other deployables can still be used.

7 minutes ago, AHendy said:

#UnbindDante, he still feels dramatically more frustrating to play after the Tragedy nerf.  Please remove LoS and reduce the range.

I actually really love this.

#UnbindDante

• Like 19

Just remove LoS from Dante. Honestly, remove LoS in general. We appreciate the attempts to fix it, but it's just a bad feeling mechanic, especially when frames like Saryn can nuke without LoS in a much larger area than any other frame off a single button press at the start of a mission.

• Like 25