The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inappropriate comment by Warframe Twitch streamer during live twitch

My take on this is dont be offended on behalf of others. If the guy asking got offended by this and saw it as a serious attack on himself or the virtue of his mom he should likely try and report it to Twitch... and start growing atleast some skin for future similar incidents. And if all that was said is what was shown here and your 9 year old understood the context, then he has been around more rough stuff likely already.

Plus, PG is PG, you decided to bring him there or to this game.

Yes, you are probably too sensitive towards what others say regarding someone elses or your own mother, father, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, uncle, aunt, whatever. I mean, we do start out in a certain way, so frisky behavior with added enjoyment has been part of it at some point, likely also prior to that and after, possibly with other people than those you see as family.

Edited by SneakyErvin

18 hours ago, helioth137 said:

quick, someone call karen!!! :p

I feel bad for the few nice ladies that just happen to be named Karen.  Though I played a lot of Friends of Mineral Town so my view in the name is bias due to Karen being the best Bachelorette.  <3

• Like 1

I think you should be less concerned about what a streamer is saying while playing an M-Rated game and more about doing your job as a parent and not letting them consume content they are clearly too young to be watching.

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 2

Am 12.4.2024 um 20:35 schrieb Leviathon7881:

Today while me and my 9 years old son both watching a Twitch streamer doing Warframe live stream, we are shocked at the comment he made when a viewer is asking in chat "what is the credit for".  He looks offended when saw the question in the chat and start saying something like this multiple time "I don't want to say it...i don't want to say it....." "Ok but i will say this "The credit is for spending a night with your mum" (something similar like this sentence). 

I mean maybe the viewer is asking a dumb question, or maybe he is trolling, but for a streamer to comment something like this in live stream is highly inappropriate.  Maybe i am too sensitive on someone making fun of others related to their mum, but.........

I am always watching his Warframe post on YT and live Twitch, and i respected his expertise and knowledge in Warframe, but after this incident, we know who to avoid on YT and Twitch.

Society is sick at the moment and it's getting worse and worse.
and look how such behavior is defended here. Not even the best psychiatrist can help.

and yes. Avoid YouTube/Witch etc. streams. at least if you want a successful future for your child.

On 2024-04-13 at 2:07 AM, Raarsi said:

Funny lich name - General Discussion - Warframe Forums

I see myself as forced to report you for quoting inappropriate in-game content,
just like the time where we were accosted with red text in which the word "Gemussy" was used by [DE] to DEscribe Citrine.  

But wait, does mentioning these things and quoting them also make me a perpetrator now? Am I going to be banned for mentioning the names that must not be named!? 

VOLDEMORT HELP ME!!!1111 

Edited by helioth137

14 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Society is sick at the moment and it's getting worse and worse.
and look how such behavior is defended here. Not even the best psychiatrist can help.

and yes. Avoid YouTube/Witch etc. streams. at least if you want a successful future for your child.

Mom-jokes are comparable to the sick state of the world how? Nevermind people getting butchered at a festival in the name of an imaginary friend, or parents irreversibly mutilating their children in order to seem "aware", or a madman effectively trying to start WW3 through a "special operation". Yeah no... totally, mom-jokes and slightly crude streamers are the problem, same as modern music and TV, and even fiddles at one point (damn those hands of Satan!").

• Like 5

On 2024-04-12 at 8:35 PM, Leviathon7881 said:

Today while me and my 9 years old son both watching a Twitch streamer doing Warframe live stream, we are shocked at the comment he made when a viewer is asking in chat "what is the credit for".  He looks offended when saw the question in the chat and start saying something like this multiple time "I don't want to say it...i don't want to say it....." "Ok but i will say this "The credit is for spending a night with your mum" (something similar like this sentence). 

I mean maybe the viewer is asking a dumb question, or maybe he is trolling, but for a streamer to comment something like this in live stream is highly inappropriate.  Maybe i am too sensitive on someone making fun of others related to their mum, but.........

I am always watching his Warframe post on YT and live Twitch, and i respected his expertise and knowledge in Warframe, but after this incident, we know who to avoid on YT and Twitch.

I think you should think about this in a positive way actually: At least you know who not to watch and listen to anymore.

Someone who gets so excited and can't control themselves about a lame duck joke like that probably has a lot worse problems rattling around in their skull, which your 9 year old definitely shouldn't be exposed to or want to emulate. 

Gotta love how OP has no responses in this thread, even a single comment about their parenting choice to sit a 9yo down to watch a Warframe stream.

I've bisected many Corpus with my swords, decapitated many Grineer with guns and have committed various more war-crimes upon the enemies of the system. 

You sure an M-rated game is appropriate watching material for your kid OP? Re-analyze yourself as a parent.

Sir, at 9yo I watched tons of saucy action and horror movies.

Even back then I knew, that it's all fiction, not age appropriate and you are not supposed to repeat the swear words or gruesome details in public, or share them with my peers.

If you can't trust your kid so much, then, excz. me, why the hell are you showing him non-kid-friendly streamers streaming mature gaming content?????

2 hours ago, Silenzeio said:

Gotta love how OP has no responses in this thread, even a single comment about their parenting choice to sit a 9yo down to watch a Warframe stream.

I've bisected many Corpus with my swords, decapitated many Grineer with guns and have committed various more war-crimes upon the enemies of the system. 

You sure an M-rated game is appropriate watching material for your kid OP? Re-analyze yourself as a parent.

Not to mention that if the kid has played WF he has also learned it is OK to sell your friends to the highest bidder even if their intent is to kill said "friend" for their valuebles. Plus, things considered as not-appropriate according to the Geneva Convention are really OK, such as the use of flechettes, death through fire, death through freezing among other wonderful ways to pass someone over to the great after, elysium, valhall, hell, heaven or just good 'ol maggot food.

On 2024-04-12 at 1:35 PM, Leviathon7881 said:

Today while me and my 9 years old son both watching a Twitch streamer doing Warframe live stream

You have nothing better to do with your kid as a father/son event than watching an adult gaming stream?

...and you think coming online to a forum to air your misplaced, immature "grievance" is the solution?

... poor kid. Can't choose your parents.

7 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Sir, at 9yo I watched tons of saucy action and horror movies.

Even back then I knew, that it's all fiction, not age appropriate and you are not supposed to repeat the swear words or gruesome details in public, or share them with my peers.

If you can't trust your kid so much, then, excz. me, why the hell are you showing him non-kid-friendly streamers streaming mature gaming content?????

Part of the issue is people wanting to blame why some kids turn out bad or develop poor behavior in a manner that absolves the adults that directly influenced their lives of responsibility.

Unless a website is very clearly stated to be family/child safe it's on the parent. It should also be obvious by now that Twitch itself isn't meant to be viewed by a child if their parent views shielding them as something important.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

You have nothing better to do with your kid as a father/son event than watching an adult gaming stream?

Watching content creators with a kid isn't a bad thing, and is actually not that uncommon of a thing to happen. It's really just the modern variant of what would be viewed on a TV.

The only issue is op's double standard of exposing their child to "inappropriate" content themselves while complaining about a stranger's extremely mild language.

48 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

modern variant of what would be viewed on a TV.

Words outta my mouth fren. TV is minimal here. Kids shoukd use their imagination and bodies, not vegetate in front of TV. The TV isn't a baby sitter.

This discutation is micro morphing into caca so I shall stealthily abstain. 

Listen... Warframe is rated M for Mature. That usually means that someone needs to be 17 or older (in the US at least) to purchase or play an M-rated game without parental guidance. While it's not a law, it is a recommendation.

That means if you're giving your 9 year old child permission to play an M-rated online video game (note: online interactions are not rated by the ESRB and may therefore exceed the given game's rating)... then you are acknowledging the risks that your child is going to be exposed to content such as violence, depictions of blood, crude humor (read: 'your mum' jokes), themes of a sexual nature, etc.

By extension, any streams or videos of the game (i.e. Twitch, Youtube, etc) is intended for mature audiences only. There will probably be swearing. There will probably be crude humor. The only rules that streamers really need to adhere to are the code of conduct for the platform they're on; if they violate the rules of the streaming platform, you should report them to the streaming platform, rather than complain about them here. 

And listen, I don't want to tell you how to be a parent, but if you're worried about your son hearing a 'your mum' joke that wasn't even directed at him, I've got some terrible news for you about middle school and the sorts of jokes your kid is going to hear from other kids. Oh, also, you probably shouldn't be letting a 9 year old play or watch Warframe.

• Like 10