Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO Dropouts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Curious how you play saryn for ESO. I use Mirage typically, or volt depending on whether leveling a melee. 

After each level, it seems you lose your spores so how does this scale to level 8? I tried her in the past and her 1, 3 and 4 don't seem to generate the kills to keep up simaris' meter.

I just ran 8 waves to test this out because I hadn't done it in a while, and it worked flawlessly.  My efficiency never dropped below 96% (once I got started killing in wave 1).

This build is old.  It's nothing special.  But it's effective.

• Brief Respite
  • Primed Sure Footed

• Stretch
  • Umbral Vitality (flex slot #1)
  • Transient Fortitude
  • Adaptation (flex slot #2)
  • Overextended
  • Umbral Intensify
  • Primed Continuity
  • Augur Reach

Arcanes are Arcane Energize and Molt Augmented, both at max rank.  Shards are two normal greens for corrosive armor stripping, two tauforged blues for max energy, and 1 tauforged yellow for casting speed.  For a Helminth ability, I put Pillage over Molt.  Back in the day when I maxed out my focus schools, Helminth didn't exist, so I just used Molt.

For weapons, I recommend something AOE focused for general use, a rapid fire secondary for popping nully bubbles, and then whatever melee you like.  Personally, I ran Kuva Tonkor, Ocucor, and Dual Ichor.  I basically just used the Ocucor and Dual Ichor.

The spore reset doesn't matter in content as low level as ESO.  I think by the end of wave 8 enemies were like level 77-80.  You just need to stay mobile and killing with your weapons while your spores take care of the rest.  Maintain your 3 buff.  Press 4 every so often.  Done.

Edited by sunderthefirmament
  • Like 2

Standing gain is tied to affinity gain.  So go to relays and ask for Affinity Blessing (+25% affinity).  You'll reach your daily standing cap quicker.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Smiky:

Same story as always... Do you realize that random public groups are not obliged to follow your arbitrary rules and expectations how they should play the game mode right? Or how long they need to stay in mission.

If you need to have uninterrupted XY ESO zones GO make your own premade group via recruitment chat or whatever means with those conditions in place.

Maybe assuming that people would stick for at least 4 zones was my mistake.

On 2024-05-04 at 9:11 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

I just ran 8 waves to test this out because I hadn't done it in a while, and it worked flawlessly

Just ran this and only got to 7. I didn't cast my 4 at all. .anyone I should cast 4 in the kater rounds? Ran out of hit count. Maybe I just suck at using saryn.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

• Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Player244024418:

Just ran this and only got to 7. I didn't cast my 4 at all. .anyone I should cast 4 in the kater rounds? Ran out of hit count. Maybe I just suck at using saryn.

I haven't played with spores for ages. The gameplay is “meh” after the changes. Personally, I don't enjoy the whole thing at all.
I rather like the build here. Here I can stand somewhere and kill everyone instantly with a weapon like Tenet Cycron. I end up with more kills.
or I just spam slams in sp circuit with 2h mele. She gets to her 19mil red crits quickly.

But I put Saryn aside, otherwise I might have installed something else with Helmith. maybe something like warcry with aug mod and take out nexus and replace red shards with yellow for more energy from the pick-ups. and then a slam mele or with a ranged heavy attack.

1.jpg

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

You can use your 4 here and there.  I don't spam it.  I probably cast it every 15-30 seconds.

One thing to consider is that, based on your account name, you're likely playing on xbox and will therefore have reduced spawns compared to PC.  I think DE is addressing this for current gen consoles eventually, but even the latest consoles still have reduced spawns when hosting... in my experience.  Spawns matter a lot for Saryn because they help her spores kill things faster.  With reduced spawns, her spores won't really get off the ground.

Also, complete your build before declaring that you "suck at using Saryn."  You've got multiple mods below max rank.  Your aura is not great.  Your power strength is way too high for a spore nuke build.  My spore nuke build is 128 duration, 100 efficiency, 265 range, and 150 strength.  Certainly this isn't the only way to go.  It's just your build doesn't even closely approximate the one I posted when you were asking for help, and now you're declaring that you're no good at her. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

with a weapon like Tenet Cycron

I used torid with a nice riven. AOE secondary and prisma skana. 8, 7 and 7 for as respectively. They are my most powerful weapons. 

4 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

with 2h mele

What's a 2h melee?

4 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

maybe something like warcry

IIRC I have pillage subsumed over her 2.

Gerade eben schrieb (XBOX)Player244024418:

I used torid with a nice riven. AOE secondary and prisma skana. 8, 7 and 7 for as respectively. They are my most powerful weapons. 

What's a 2h melee?

torid is overkill with the build. when do you want to kill with it? Enemies get a heart attack when they see you with Torid and then with Riven. Even with a low dmg weapon like Tenet Cyc, the entire troop 20x lvl 190 SP elite heavy units in simulation is on the ground after less than 3-5 seconds.

2h = two hand mele weapon. so something like Kuva Shildeg

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Well clearly it's an accurate statement. Not sure what your problem is here.

Ill review those mods a bit after rereading about her and try again. 

You asked for tips. I gave you the build that I easily use to clear wave 8. You tried a completely different build and didn’t get the same results I got. I just… don’t understand lol. 

No disrespect to Venus-Venera, but ignore their build if you’re trying to easily clear wave 8 of ESO. Their build is better suited for much higher level content. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

No disrespect to Venus-Venera, but ignore their build if you’re trying to easily clear wave 8 of ESO

I was able to reach 8 but could bot finish. Again, the issue was efficiency and the meter dropped to 0. Rather than adaptation i have power drift. 

Ill try brief respite and molt augmented but w higher strength I only got to 7. The difference was this time i actively searched for the efficiency booster spirals. I was able to get two on level 6-7 and 8.

I think it's either the spawns or shards. I don't think i have any shards on saryn. Two green shards with pillage will probably help the kill count. I was using pillage consistently. I also used miasma 2 or 3 times.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I was able to reach 8 but could bot finish. Again, the issue was efficiency and the meter dropped to 0. Rather than adaptation i have power drift. 

Ill try brief respite and molt augmented but w higher strength I only got to 7. The difference was this time i actively searched for the efficiency booster spirals. I was able to get two on level 6-7 and 8.

I think it's either the spawns or shards. I don't think i have any shards on saryn. Two green shards with pillage will probably help the kill count. I was using pillage consistently. I also used miasma 2 or 3 times.

This build is closer to what I would recommend.  I'm happy to hear it's working better, but I'm sorry that you still haven't cleared 8 waves solo.

You seem oddly hesitant about Miasma.  I mean no offense by saying that.  It just strikes me as unusual.  I don't really put much thought into when I use it.  I would say that once I have a lot of spores out there, it's usually a good idea to use it once to help enemies who are out of reach of my weapons still spread spores when they die.  It's also respectable soft CC with enough of an energy cost to boost my shields back up with Augur/Brief Respite effects.  It takes the pressure off for a second or two.

I don't think Pillage or shards are necessary, as back when I ran ESO to wave 8 consistently, I didn't have either of them on my Saryn.  So it might be the spawns.  It might also not be the spawns though.  Survival life support doesn't tick down at the same rate for console players with lower spawns, so the same might be true for efficiency in ESO.

Good luck with your spore nuking.  I hope you achieve your goal!

• Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb sunderthefirmament:

You asked for tips. I gave you the build that I easily use to clear wave 8. You tried a completely different build and didn’t get the same results I got. I just… don’t understand lol. 

No disrespect to Venus-Venera, but ignore their build if you’re trying to easily clear wave 8 of ESO. Their build is better suited for much higher level content. 

depends on weapons. Because it's about solo, I can take out grace and put in unlimited ammo after headshot kill, because every opponent is looking at me anyway. Spores Saryn can never keep up in a small space. Spores are only good if the opponents are spread out and running after other players.
and this is certainly a hard-hitter all-round build for sp circuit. Because you don't know what kind of weapons you're getting.

and! let's note that Player244024418 plays on cosole. because what the spawn number looks like there should be known by now. So that's probably his problem.
I once had a console host in normal disruption. One round took almost 7 minutes because no one could open Relic....!

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Player244024418:

This is definitely not the build. Spores build has been known for ages and I played more than 12-14 rounds solo with various modifications many years ago.

and as I wrote above, it's more because you're playing on console. get a pc host from the chat and test it there.
I bet wave 8 will be easy mode....

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Maybe I just suck at using saryn.

Sometimes its just a matter of practice and that includes short term practice, and long term practice.

I'm also on console, and I can solo 8 rounds of ESO with Saryn pretty casually. My build is pretty similar to sunderthefirmament, and to emphasis their point, I think they are just suggesting you don't give up too early is all. They are just giving friendly support/advice. (Venus-Venera too). 

I can personally solo 8 rounds of ESO with Saryn now... but it took me a few days and weeks of practice, doing it in groups, and duos, before I could do it solo. Then it took a while before I could do it solo consistently. Like some maps are easier than others, and eventually you just learn all the maps anyway, and the best places to go to, and see clusters of enemies, which maps are good for your range, where all the efficiency boosters are. 

So sometimes you need to be a little patient with your progress. Going from where you started to almost doing 8, is really really good progress! You should feel good. The more you refine your build, and get familiar and comfortable with Saryn's abilities, timing, tying it all together, the longer you will go in ESO, and the easier it will feel. Like there is build advice, but then there is also just familiarity and practice. Like knowing how to pop spores well, what weapons are good for popping spores, knowing what your strengths/weaknesses are. 

Before you know it, you'll be hard carrying ESO to 10+ or however long you decide to go! Good luck on your next run! 

• Like 2

99% of people only play ESO to level gear, the 1% are farming khora.

The only real solution to this would be a version of ESO that requires level 30 gear, regardless of mastery rank 30, but this gamemode would essentially be dead on arrival. So i can't blame DE for not dedicating resources to it.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Maybe console spawns are the issue but you should have 5-6k kills in 8 zones of ESO.

Oh and OP. I sympathise and empathise. That can be frustrating. Like many have pointed out though, ESO is one of those game activities, which... See a Relic Capture is relatively straight forward. Team wants to fulfil two main objectives. Get 10 Reactant and Capture the target. Then extract. 

ESO on the other hand? Has multiple and some of those compete and conflict with each other. If you go public, you will run into people who have different objectives, and if you are lucky? The host will have the same as yours, but to avoid frustration, you just have to sort of understand that a lot of people, possibly the majority of people going into ESO have a different objective than you. In ESO, there is levelling stuff, a lot of people do it for that. Nightwave can be a popular reason. getting Rad Relics? Eh. Getting Lato and Braton Vandal? Probably a decent amount but probably relatively small... (so people going to 8 if they need certain parts...), then people farming for Focus or Rep, decent majority too. Some like to test out weapons that way too, probably other reasons as well. 

To avoid all potential frustration, probably better to use recruiting. Personally, I like going to Round 8. If I was host? I would go as long as anyone else on the team wanted. Usually to round 8 if I was the only one left. If Host left, I usually left, unless someone in the squad wanted to stay and wanted help and I'd risk the host migration. I learned not to frustrate myself if people "left early".

Fun trick though if you are say, wanting to do 8 rounds or just a lot? Look out for the NW challenge where it wants you to do 8 rounds. Anecdotal, but in those weeks, I use to notice people would stay longer to get the Nightwave done in one go/sitting. So doing PUG runs that week, would usually have hosts who would also want to stay longer. Not a guarantee though. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 2024-05-04 at 5:10 AM, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I've been going back to do ESO more regularly and I noticed that when I go with a public group (which I do most of the time), I see people dropping out after 2 or 3 zones and pretty frequently, I am met with a Host Migration before coming to Zone 4.

It is infuriating when I see people leaving when they just came in and leave others alone at the very start of the activity.

Why are people like this?

• They've hit whatever cap they were aiming for
  • Someone sent them a message and they are leaving to meet up with them
  • They don't like the team composition
  • Horrific diarrhea
  • The host connection is laggy
  • They don't like Limbo

The best way to get what you want from any mission is to put in the time making a pre-made team.  Are there still flaws with a pre-made?  Yeah.  But you'll consistently get a lot further than with a random composition. 

• Like 3

On 2024-05-04 at 8:33 AM, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I'm not that good a buildcrafting, so I took what I considered the most appropriate in my opinion.

I just do it once in a while for the last part of the Braton Vandal that I need, so I bring decent gear. Since I don’t play Saryn much, I just use Zephyr with the Boar incarnon, operator with Anomaly arcane and Nautilus to help gather enemies. I get host migrated repeatedly until I’m the only one left 99% of the time at around zone 4. With Zephyr I find it easy to get to zone 8 spamming her tornados in one spot.

10 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

99% of people only play ESO to level gear, the 1% are farming khora.

I was interested in farming vandal parts.

1 hour ago, MutoManiac said:

do it once in a while for the last part of the Braton Vandal that I need

Same. But everyone talks about saryn being the best I just don't seem to be able to tap into that. Not a big deal.

You can also usually solo 8 zones of ESO with powerful AOE weapons independent of the frame. With the ammo nerfs, you may have to be more careful for some AOE weapons (I haven't tried recently). You could also use a Glaive if the ammo nerfs are too much! In the past, I've solo'd 8 zones with Chroma and Excalibur using weapons like Proboscis Cernos, Glaive Prime and Cerata. Although there are sometimes zones with sparse numbers of enemies spread over long distances and you will probably lose progress when just using AOE weapons... but if you can make it to the next zone, you can usually climb back to 100% (unless it's another one of those dead zones!). Those dead zones with sparse numbers of enemies over long distances is where a frame like Saryn shines!

Khora has always been my favorite frame for soloing 8 zones of ESO. Though she doesn't even compare with Saryn in number of kills!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Same. But everyone talks about saryn being the best I just don't seem to be able to tap into that. Not a big deal.

She probably is the best, although my build with her requires that I go ham on everything continuously which is more engagement than I want to do for any mission. I’m more of a casual player that likes to have fun and not be so serious that it feels like a chore.

On 2024-05-04 at 5:21 AM, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

My reason to go for ESO is to gather standing (I need to buy a lot of relic packs right now) and thanks to all those dropouts, I now have to dedicate a good amount of time to repeated ESO runs.

I am not an expert on every method to get relics, but I'd be surprised if ESO was a particularly effective method, unless you simply love doing ESO.

• From what I've heard, getting relic packs from Teshin's shop with Steel Path Essence is a much more efficient farm than standing.
  • If you want Lith, Meso, or Neo relics, doing solo Capture missions in the Void will get you them fast; the lower level one for Lith and Meso, the higher level one for Meso and Neo.
  • If you want Axi...I think folks recommend Disruption, since you can get 2 C Rotations every 4 Rotations?  And I know other missions work as well if another mission is more to your liking.

Anyway, if you like ESO, keep on going for it.  But if you're getting bummed out by folks leaving, just know there are plenty of other options to try, some that may even be faster and/or more enjoyable.