Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade Shadows Discussion

14 minutes ago, L3512 said:

The information was taken to the Caption from and ensign after scans, A tenno hunter not THE  tenno hunter. I'd say you are wrong but maybe DE just #*!%ed up.

I just checked the dialogue:

"He's a what? Read me that entry again, ensign... But what use would the Tenno Hunter have for medical grade bioplasma?"

THE Tenno Hunter. Slang

The Second Dream story confirms Warframes as "metal puppets". Confirming Stalker's situation as not a Tenno and having been influenced by Hunhow's corruption through War because he's just a Warframe.

DE has thrown a lot of content in with little connecting value, Stalker Acolytes are just kinda there, but refer to you as Tenno. So they are another set of sentient Warframes (because only Tenno can operate them, so far). They'd be denying themselves? Still it's more on adding something 'cool" then really planning lore.

Lots of entries state warriors being selected to become Warframes (or at least be a base part). Mostly being "guardians", now does that mean Stalker was a low ranked Dax? Would have to be as Ballas has only ever referred to picking them (our best) to become Warframes. As Grineer are not military during that time nor are the non-Orikin humans held in this regard.

1 minute ago, AzureEon said:

Lots of entries state warriors being selected to become Warframes (or at least be a base part). Mostly being "guardians", now does that mean Stalker was a low ranked Dax? Would have to be as Ballas has only ever referred to picking them (our best) to become Warframes. As Grineer are not military during that time nor are the non-Orikin humans held in this regard.

Stalker became warframe after Orokin fell so he probably turned himself into warframe.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Stalker became warframe after Orokin fell so he probably turned himself into warframe.

I like that idea but the quest shows Jade saving him during The Collapse, Hunhow also confirms that moment as well. So he'd have to be a Warframe already.

1 minute ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

We commit genocide

No we don't.

we have warframes with a crotch member as big as an arm

It's a codpiece, you horndog.

you find it more disturbing to use a pregnant warframe?

Being disturbed is just one reason why it was a bad idea.

• Like 1

Warframe is disturbing.

Aside from one comment saying that replicating her as preggo is a bit inappropriate (for the sake maybe an important point DE was attempting to make).

The other complaints, well we all know.

hace 7 minutos, VisionAndVoice dijo:

No we don't.

Yes, yes we do.

hace 7 minutos, VisionAndVoice dijo:

It's a codpiece, you horndog.

He keeps saying that after seeing the volt electrolyst skin.

hace 11 minutos, VisionAndVoice dijo:

Being disturbed is just one reason why it was a bad idea.

and it's because of people like you that cartoons barely show blood.

2 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Yes, yes we do.

When?

2 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

He keeps saying that after seeing the volt electrolyst skin.

Yes, and you need to get your mind out of the gutter. Or get laid, whichever works.

3 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

and it's because of people like you that cartoons barely show blood.

Adult cartoons show plenty of blood, cartoons aimed at children show as much blood as needed for their context and audience. Lovely strawmanning by the way.

Are you trolling right now? Because I don't think you're sincerely this inane.

• Like 1

hace 4 minutos, VisionAndVoice dijo:

When?

Yes, and you need to get your mind out of the gutter. Or get laid, whichever works.

Adult cartoons show plenty of blood, cartoons aimed at children show as much blood as needed for their context and audience. Lovely strawmanning by the way.

Are you trolling right now? Because I don't think you're sincerely this inane.

Wow, you talk like you're a hormonal teenager, I see why pregnancy bothers you.

36 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I find it curious how there are people who have problems with a pregnant warframe. We commit genocide, we have warframes with a crotch member as big as an arm but you find it more disturbing to use a pregnant warframe?

The Tenno have never committed genocide. Killing armed combatants is not genocide. Killing the despotic leaders of humanity is not genocide. You need to look up the definition of genocide.

Honestly pretty genius that the design itself was able to hide the spoiler moment right until the end.

Though I don't get why people are this squeamish over a pregonate warframe though, at least approach it from a 'gigeresque' angle.

Edited by JustL1me
  • Like 3

So after this mission, stalker will still haunt us after boss kill as usual? I know it is only gameplay thing, but that is kind of weird.

Also, Jade frame is pregnant is because her body is pregnant while being transformed. It is not that warframe can reproduce directly. While I think many artists are more excited about concept of the latter……

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

So after this mission, stalker will still haunt us after boss kill as usual? I know it is only gameplay thing, but that is kind of weird.

Remember there are THREE Alad V's on the starchart right now, all from different parts in the story (two of them on the same planet)

Red Stalker will continue to hunt you, Green Stalker is off raising his baby boy, because that's just how time works in Warframe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Remember there are THREE Alad V's on the starchart right now, all from different parts in the story (two of them on the same planet)

Red Stalker will continue to hunt you, Green Stalker is off raising his baby boy, because that's just how time works in Warframe

Eternalism at its finest my friend

Pretty cool bit of lore - now I'll be waiting for a couple of years for Jade Prime Trailer to give us some additional bits like Ballas' point of view on infesting a pregnant woman.

People complaining about "pregnant warframes" are weird tbh. That was just an inevitable aspect of Warframes' creation to be looked into eventually, and it was very well done.

While doing the quest, I was about the impression Stalker would be Jade's son instead of her husband to be honest, it would have had the merit of exploring Stalker's very specific identity (Warframe features but seemingly independent with a very troubled mind). As her husband, it doesn't make much sense : it means he's a very standard Warframe, the question about who's controlling him (if anyone) is still there, and then why the #*!% would he even root for the Orokin after what they've done to Jade ? Weird kink bro

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

If you play as Jade, he'll refuse to fight you.

I think it's pretty clear that Jade Shadows was him putting his hatred of the Tenno aside for a limited time in order to save Jade, it wasn't meant to be a turning point for his character.

• Like 1

Spoilers because I don't know how to actually do it.

People seem to forget that stalker didn't know that jade was turned into a warframe he only wanted to save her to get answers as to why she spared him, meaning he would have no reason to hate the orokin or no longer be loyal, also the frame isn't pregnant anymore however their skin is metal, if they were turned into a frame while pregnant their skin probably isn't going to miraculously stop being that shape. And as others have pointed out ballas is a $&*^ who definitely would get a kick out of her keeping the baby while being a frame even if the others were against it, hell they may not have even known, we know he's made frames in secret before.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Boo8882200 said:

Spoilers because I don't know how to actually do it.

People seem to forget that stalker didn't know that jade was turned into a warframe he only wanted to save her to get answers as to why she spared him, meaning he would have no reason to hate the orokin or no longer be loyal, also the frame isn't pregnant anymore however their skin is metal, if they were turned into a frame while pregnant their skin probably isn't going to miraculously stop being that shape. And as others have pointed out ballas is a $&*^ who definitely would get a kick out of her keeping the baby while being a frame even if the others were against it, hell they may not have even known, we know he's made frames in secret before.

Yea, my guess is that Sorren was told that Jade died or something, which could play into his desire to protect the Orokin since he already failed to protect his wife. And since he failed again that dual failure could have been part what drove his hatred of the Tenno.

Edited by Neo3602
  • Like 1

Again spoilers

I rewatched the cinematic and she still has the pregnant look as she vanishes after giving birth meaning that is just how ballas designed her, and that is just how she looks even when no longer carrying, because again she is made of metal and her stomach is glass.

• Like 3

I've read through most of the comments here and I could be wrong, but I have my own theory. 

Spoiler

In Stalkers codex, we know he was at the ceremony. We know his frame is basically a corrupted Excal. What if when he was a low guardian, he wasn't in a warframe? What if Jade was punished and turned into a warframe, but to save Sorren from Tenno blades at the ceremony, Jade also did the same to him to save him? We hear in Jade Shadows that she saved him. Maybe that could be how? Which would explain why in TSD Stalker looks at his own hand and questions his existence. He sees the Tenno transference and the unbreakable bond, and the lengths the Tenno would go to, to save what or who they love. Maybe he wonders if those he was hunting were the true enemy. Hunhow chose Stalker to exact his revenge, maybe he's conflicted? He swore to defend the Orokin and the Tenno betrayed them, maybe he doesn't necessarily hate the Tenno for killing the masters that took Jade, maybe it's because he feels like he failed at his duties. Maybe Tenno aren't good, but maybe Stalker isn't bad. 

20 hours ago, Syrinq said:

i know warframe has its #*!%ed up tidbits of lore but

Reveal hidden contents

the fact that we can rebuild stalker's dead wife & the actual model being the same version as the pregnant one that died is.

hm. bit of an ouchie subject

regardless i'm still left wondering as to why stalker exactly hates our asses? the quest gave him some backstory for sure but it didn't answer that question for me personally

Spoiler

My interpretation is that both him and Jade were human lower guards of the Orokin, once the Tenno started attacking, the Orokin infected them with the Helminth strain because of the Tenno coup. Stalker's burning memory is blaming the Tenno for ruining his life.