can we get a "killed by" information?

status: Toxic Ancient killed you with [toxic icon] status effect

direct attack: Crewman killed you with Supra [puncture icon]

ability: Jade Eximus killed you with Jade Light [heat icon]

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Maybe want a killcam too?

Not that kind of game.

... Did you just make up an addition to my point and use that imagined addition as a reason why not to add the actual requested feature?

Like, yes. Not the sort of game for a killcam. But how is it not the sort of game for a "was killed/downed by X" in the corner of the screen somewhere?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

But how is it not the sort of game for a "was killed/downed by X" in the corner of the screen somewhere?

Simply because this trope is typical for PvP games/modes and last I checked Warframe is not one. 

DE doesnt want to put emphasis on this part of the game (also it is already spagetti coded, adding more featues will make the code resemble biblically accurate angel). If you are interested in any particular death you are free to check it in your log.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Simply because this trope is typical for PvP games/modes and last I checked Warframe is not one. 

DE doesnt want to put emphasis on this part of the game (also it is already spagetti coded, adding more featues will make the code resemble biblically accurate angel). If you are interested in any particular death you are free to check it in your log.

So, please just clarify for me. It is your honest opinion that:

1. Game design characteristics that appear primarily in PvP games shouldn't appear in PvE ones.
  2. DE isn't interested in user experience and/or in updating the UI
  3. and that the game is too spaghetti coded to add any more features?

I do have stuff to say, I just want to make absolutely sure these are hills you're dying on.

• Like 5

On 2024-06-22 at 3:06 PM, supernils said:

status: Toxic Ancient killed you with [toxic icon] status effect

direct attack: Crewman killed you with Supra [puncture icon]

ability: Jade Eximus killed you with Jade Light [heat icon]

Ok, but would it be useful? Like Heavy gunner do 99% damage and some Toxic ancient come and take your 1hp. Saying it's ancient's fault is silly. AFAIR that log would note only Ancient (aka last damage).

20 hours ago, quxier said:

Ok, but would it be useful? Like Heavy gunner do 99% damage and some Toxic ancient come and take your 1hp. Saying it's ancient's fault is silly. AFAIR that log would note only Ancient (aka last damage).

it's the "one shot" kill situations that make you go wtf killed me? those damages are worth investigating

10 hours ago, supernils said:
On 2024-06-28 at 1:40 PM, quxier said:

it's the "one shot" kill situations that make you go wtf killed me? those damages are worth investigating

I wonder if there is anything close to one shot moment. Like... how many times you are against only 1 enemy?