Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else breaking mentally trying to farm legendary arcanes?

Posted (edited)

I finished what I wanted and don't feel anything anymore.. 🥹🫠🙃 

On the plus side, I've got to play around with Citrine and Yareli again, the latter being pretty decent now, with Loyal Merulina. 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
  • Like 1

vor 38 Minuten schrieb AConfusedBird:

i might be the only player wholeheartedly enjoying ascension. 😂 as a zephyr main, three-hundred-meter giant-elevator-shaft is like a maneuverability dream come true. boing boing swoop float jump~

Yh it has it's moments.. Chroma's double jump passive is also nice there, same with Jade's floating. 

But after hundreds of rounds I'm just drained xD 

• Like 1

Fortunately I enjoy Eidolons, and was also around for a few prior events which gave me the opportunity to grind them, even if I disliked Eidolons (and realistically, even if you do enjoy doing Eidolons, the drop rates are such, that unless you really really like doing Eidolons, and doing them a lot, and doing them fast, then you still might not actually have a lot of them maxed out)

Personally, and this is just personally speaking, I think out of all the Operations we have had, of this nature, I do like this one the most... Though I did miss Operation: Scarlet Spear. I wasn't that hardcore on Warframe yet, or a regular or consistent player (thank you Covid for making me serious about Warframe). 

Operation: Orphix Venom. Ehh. I did enjoy this, but that might have been because I was running it with a lot of different friends. Playing with friends is different from playing with randoms. I might not have enjoyed it as much otherwise. Operation: Gargoyle's Cry. I really really enjoyed the Whispers update overall, and I really really liked the Murmur Assassination. Just... not necessarily over and over and over again. 

Also if you already have the Arcanes, and only need to do the event over in order to get new things you want? Thats a very different experience. Pressure can make fun things, not feel fun. I do like the current Operation though, for a few other reasons. They introduced the Alerts you can run instead. In my opinion thats great. You can do "normal Warframe" stuff and progress. I really hope that will be standard going forth. Honestly? They could even potentially expand it as well. More player choices to earn currencies, I think is an excellent idea. As is for example the Arcane dissolution system, and Circuit offering alternatives to Warframe acquirement farms. That way players that might burn out, have options. Don't like Ascension or Belly of the Beast? Do some of the Alerts instead if you prefer. 

Also whilst I am sure there is a meta for it, it doesn't really feel to me, that you have to run a meta to be most efficient. Like you can find Beacons and Vials pretty easily with most Warframes, kill Sisters pretty fast a few different ways. 

Regardless of above though, try and not break mentally. If you can. I understand the pressure, but burn out is bad. Look for ways to avoid that. Like playing with friends can help, taking regularly breaks. Event is still here for multiple weeks. Maybe take a week long break? ReENERGISE yourself... Take a GRACE period. Don't let the game become a BARRIER to your overall health and happiness... What do you mean the Arcane's are staring to haunt your living dreams? I think you are reading too much into things. 

I have been sitting on a rank 2 arcane barrier for literal years , cause it was not worth it back then , and it's not worth it now.

If you have managed without em so far , you can manage without em for the foreseeable future .

Or you can take it slow and farm for 3 per day and you will still be dandy.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-04 at 8:07 AM, Voltage said:

I've gotten bored of the same "event" rewards recycled for 4 years now. Scarlet Spear spoiled players to expect an Energize farm every new event, which is pretty lame. I don't get burned out on farming these events because they have no personal scoring and no new event weapons. They may as well be running Dog Days right now honestly.

I feel it's more to prevent them from being a lucrative trade item as Eidolon farming slowed.

Back when they were worth about 10k per set. They announced the removal of raids. I quickly sold both my Energize sets. I bought them back during Eidlons for cheaper and now they're cheaper still. It's the same with Legendary Cores. Used to be 500p.  Most plat I've made in this game was simply knowing when to sell duplicates. In case of Energize it was simply not to have DE ruin my investment. I was never one to farm trade chat but if the price goes high enough more people will, again.

Plat is the premium currency after all. DE will not allow trade chat to ruin it's dollar value.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

I feel it's more to prevent them from being a lucrative trade item as Eidolon farming slowed.

Back when they were worth about 10k per set. They announced the removal of raids. I quickly sold both my Energize sets. I bought them back during Eidlons for cheaper and now they're cheaper still. It's the same with Legendary Cores. Used to be 500p.  Most plat I've made in this game was simply knowing when to sell duplicates. In case of Energize it was simply not to have DE ruin my investment. I was never one to farm trade chat but if the price goes high enough more people will, again.

Plat is the premium currency after all. DE will not allow trade chat to ruin it's dollar value.

I don't think that's it. Honestly I don't particularly care what their value is. Almost everything is devalued now like you said, and I've not been low on plat in close to 7 years at this point. I am not motivated to farm for something that basically everyone else is because that's one of the only items with a decent value. I like Operations for the scoring and general nature of optimizing one mission. Farming an "event" ad nauseam gets old when it's consistently the same rewards. I save my appetite with that for Plague Star and Nights of Naberus, and barely with Dog Days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

I like Operations for the scoring and general nature of optimizing one mission. Farming an "event" ad nauseam gets old when it's consistently the same rewards. I save my appetite with that for Plague Star and Nights of Naberus, and barely with Dog Days

Ah yes. The lack of play perfection in build, mission and synergy. Lapse of intrinsic reward and the fun of pushing limits.

Welcome to my side of the fence =D

Another thing to remember and potentially worth doing. Is do you have a lot of spare Acolyte Arcanes (or any surplus Arcanes) laying around? Go to Loid and get them Dissolved and then buy up some Eidolon Arcane packs. You might get some Arcane Grace or whatever other Arcanes you are missing out on, and then when you have exhausted your Vosfor, use your Belly of the Beast currency to buy up, the ones you are still short of or missing. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)slightconfuzzled:

Another thing to remember and potentially worth doing. Is do you have a lot of spare Acolyte Arcanes (or any surplus Arcanes) laying around? Go to Loid and get them Dissolved and then buy up some Eidolon Arcane packs. You might get some Arcane Grace or whatever other Arcanes you are missing out on, and then when you have exhausted your Vosfor, use your Belly of the Beast currency to buy up, the ones you are still short of or missing. 

I did just that :) opened around 100+ arcane packs so far. 

• Like 1

Uhm yes they are expensive.
But since they are really rare and worth quite a lot ( Or let's say they will soon be worth a lot again), why not make them expensive?

No I am not burnt out- I do the SP alerts and get 15 of the volatile thingies per run. Only doing Capture, survival, mob def and exterminate missions... they are done in no time.

I managed to finally max out arcane energize! I love that thing.
On to the next one- arcane grace.

Latching on to this thread:
Does trading these arcanes for plat pay off to anyone here? The trading tax is like 2kk creds - that seems enourmous.

4 hours ago, WERElektro said:

Does trading these arcanes for plat pay off to anyone here? The trading tax is like 2kk creds - that seems enourmous.

Credits are trivial to earn when you get to later stages of the game. 2 million credits feeling "enourmous" tells me that you haven't yet reached that point.

Honestly speaking, it's a bit of a tragedy that Arcanes have become this accessible

• Like 1

A little off topic, but I have to say Jade Shadows BotB has been so helpful in my Arcane collection. I have never had an opportunity to max so many arcanes in my history of playing the game. Just wanted to say thanks to DE for this latest Quest release / update.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Credits are trivial to earn when you get to later stages of the game. 2 million credits feeling "enourmous" tells me that you haven't yet reached that 

Yeah or maybe I don't have the time to farm  creds despite being mr 28 ?

No effing idea what you're on about? 

2kk are a lot of creds. Period.

34 minutes ago, WERElektro said:

Yeah or maybe I don't have the time to farm  creds despite being mr 28 ?

No effing idea what you're on about? 

2kk are a lot of creds. Period.

2,100,000 Credits is ~10 minutes of Profit-Taker with a booster. The Index is around the same. You also have Secura Lecta resurfacing as a viable choice to farm from general missions as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

2,100,000 Credits is ~10 minutes of Profit-Taker with a booster. The Index is around the same. You also have Secura Lecta resurfacing as a viable choice to farm from general missions as well.

I am well aware of that. But maybe I don't want to join in with pubs for profit taker every time I need bunch o creds.

I am at a point where it COULD be easy to get 2kk. But I play casual since I have a job.

What I meant is - afaik no other item has a trade tax that high. Even primed mods only have a 1kk cred tax.

I asked wether people think a 2kk cred tax to trade an arcane pays off.  I did not ask how far you think I'm into the game.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

But is that random? Or has it been changed? Because in the past I was often able to get very high numbers with the cat.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

Credits are trivial to earn when you get to later stages of the game. 2 million credits feeling "enourmous" tells me that you haven't yet reached that point.

Honestly speaking, it's a bit of a tragedy that Arcanes have become this accessible

Yeah - God help us if the little people can get them

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cotton Tail said:

Yeah - God help us if the little people can get them

This is a caddy response. I spent the better part of a year and a half hunting eidolons every day to get arcane energize rank 4. Rank 4, not 5. I had to get a couple more with plat to get r5. Whining about being able to get ALL THREE in 30 days simply focus farming them is beyond ridiculous. Eidolons also have a daily cap for focus and shards, and a day night cycle. In this event you can access at any time and ALSO has supplemental events that rotate every 15 minutes or whatever. We've reached #PeakWhining

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

This is a caddy response. I spent the better part of a year and a half hunting eidolons every day to get arcane energize rank 4. Rank 4, not 5. I had to get a couple more with plat to get r5. Whining about being able to get ALL THREE in 30 days simply focus farming them is beyond ridiculous. Eidolons also have a daily cap for focus and shards, and a day night cycle. In this event you can access at any time and ALSO has supplemental events that rotate every 15 minutes or whatever. We've reached #PeakWhining

If you just earned 20 plat a day, you'd max it in 2 months.  So I don't know what kind of daily farming you were doing.  If you earned 5 plat a day, you'd max it in around 8 months and that's just running one fissure a day.  And energize is not really worth it now that Nexus is out.

And I just want to add, if you hunted and did 2 night sessions a day, both being tri caps (which is pretty doable in pubs), a binomial calculator says you'd have a 99.89% chance of a full set after around 125 days.  I don't think most players are that dedicated.  That's basically running EDA twice daily for four months, so I'll agree, it's not the easiest farm. 

20 hours ago, WERElektro said:

Most veterans have well over 100m credits.  How much do you need for 800-1200p for a trade to be worth it?  10m? 20m? 50m?  The player worried about credits doesn't have enough sets to go broke.  And to the "I have a life/job/gf with boobs on her front and her back" comment, do you think the rest of the game is not time consuming?  You know that game that you play and have 8k forum posts on...Stockpiling credits is not some special thing for anyone that has just simply been playing for a while.

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WERElektro said:

I am well aware of that. But maybe I don't want to join in with pubs for profit taker every time I need bunch o creds.

Just run it solo.