The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i have played the event dog something for the 1° time :|

i never have  see an event so boring, stupid, unplyable useless and something negative description that i don't know 🤢 🤮
for buy some usefull a player must play 1 milion of game and if you whant to buy all item you must stop to work, stop to sleep and play 30 hours on 24
the game pay a realy few pearl and every time we must whait some minuts for end of game, load and reload for reenter in game.(why not give a unlimited time game  where a player can play without time or score limit (like survival) and when one player whant to exit he have only to go on one exit area and if one plyaer are exited another onhe can enter.in this way we can save 2\3 of timespented for load and reload.
i don't know if is possible to realize an event worst then this  😱 😢 😭

i don't whant to offend anybody and i whant only write my opionion on this event and i haven't use any rude words and if i must use what i thing abouth this event, this post must be filled with brown icon similar to an icecream but is not cold.
this is my 1° time with this event and i hope that it never return again.  👎 👎 👎 👎

Edited by brutal_ITA

• brutal_ITA changed the title to i have played the event dog something for the 1° time :|
vor einer Stunde schrieb brutal_ITA:

i never have  see an event so boring, stupid, unplyable useless and something negative description that i don't know 🤢 🤮
for buy some usefull a player must play 1 milion of game and if you whant to buy all item you must stop to work, stop to sleep and play 30 hours on 24
the game pay a realy few pearl and every time we must whait some minuts for end of game, load and reload for reenter in game.(why not give a unlimited time game  where a player can play without time or score limit (like survival) and when one player whant to exit he have only to go on one exit area and if one plyaer are exited another onhe can enter.in this way we can save 2\3 of timespented for load and reload.

i don't whant to offend anybody and i whant only write my opionion on this event and i haven't use any rude words and if i must use what i thing abouth this event, this post must be filled with brown icon similar to an icecream but is not cold.
this is my 1° time with this event and i hope that it never return again.  👎 👎 👎 👎

Excuse me? You haven't used any rude words? What are "boring, stupid and useless" then? Normal words to describe something? It's totally fine to not like it, and the event is going on for like 40 more days, so you should have plenty of time to get the stuff you want.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, .technorot. said:

Excuse me? You haven't used any rude words? What are "boring, stupid and useless" then? Normal words to describe something? It's totally fine to not like it, and the event is going on for like 40 more days, so you should have plenty of time to get the stuff you want.

yes this world is polite, rude world is a world not polite.

You really shouldn't bother with it if you don't enjoy it , it will need a little getting used to cause the weapons are different and it also disables all abilities.

The rewards are all purely cosmetic and gameplay is pretty rudimentary.

It's still a nice little break.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brutal_ITA said:

this is my 1° time with this event and i hope that it never return again👎 👎 👎 👎

But it will, and this is how you can get everything you didn't get the first time around. This is DE way to reduce the fear of missing out in their game.  Also, correct me if im wrong, i think this event last for a month or so? is that not long enough to farm what you need?  

• Like 4

vor 7 Stunden schrieb brutal_ITA:

That's exactly why I don't play it. Awful weapon with awful game mechanics and a really boring environment. Mainly there for the rewards?

The only item you "need", if you care for MR, is the Furax Wraith.

Other than that, its cosmetic. The mods can also be farmed elsewhere... (Furax Wraith too)

It's an "optional" event. Meaning, you can try it, if you don't like it. Try some other content.

They will add "filler" events for people to do before the big updates release.

3 Updates: Planned to release for Warframe, so why not try your best to enjoy the ride up until then?

Take care, Tenno.

• Like 3

I remember grinding the crap out of this event to own the Soaktron Skin , then I realized it does the splash effect everytime it shot, so it didn't really feel worth it.

Then I realized the gun has a weiner and balls on it so I quickly changed my mind, peak gun design for sure.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

It's a goofy joke event that takes half an hour and gives you some goodies, calm down.

Go talk to Nakak in Cetus, and you might see why some people are dreading spending hundreds of hours in this stupid minigame

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Go talk to Nakak in Cetus, and you might see why some people are dreading spending hundreds of hours in this stupid minigame

To clean out the shop of all exclusives (i.e. not Furax Wraith and the Executioner mods), you need to do 87 runs while getting 50 kills per run (not hard to do). That's ~7 and half hours, which I'll round to 8. The only reason to be sinking double, let alone triple digits of time is if you want a lot of duplicates of the decorations.

The mode isn't fun, but the grind isn't as bad as you make it out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

if the event were a week then yea the grind would suck. but we have 40 DAYS to do it. even if you needed 120 runs to get all that you wanted, thats 3 runs a day. thats nothing compared to any other grind.

15 hours ago, brutal_ITA said:

for buy some usefull a player must play 1 milion of game

kidding? I did the 4 missions plus did the last mission another 3 times and I could buy a mod and a syandana and that's all I desired.

you're not supposed to get everything, unless you're really grind happy, which you are obviously not. Childish attitude, want want, with no effort.

Edited by supernils
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbitrary said:

To clean out the shop of all exclusives (i.e. not Furax Wraith and the Executioner mods), you need to do 87 runs while getting 50 kills per run (not hard to do). That's ~7 and half hours, which I'll round to 8. The only reason to be sinking double, let alone triple digits of time is if you want a lot of duplicates of the decorations.

The mode isn't fun, but the grind isn't as bad as you make it out.

I think you are vastly overestimating everyone who isn't you. Even averaging zero deaths per run I'm looking at 40+ runs just to get this year's offerings, to say nothing of newcomers who have three years of backlog to earn too. 

47 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

if the event were a week then yea the grind would suck. but we have 40 DAYS to do it. even if you needed 120 runs to get all that you wanted, thats 3 runs a day. thats nothing compared to any other grind.

No Dog Days is one of the more terrible grinds in this game. 40+ runs/rotations is about on par with Citrine. And that's just for Citrine, not counting all the weapon parts in there too.

It's also the number of runs it took me to get the Centaur way back in the day (it used to drop from Interception rotation C, not syndicates).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I think you are vastly overestimating everyone who isn't you. Even averaging zero deaths per run I'm looking at 40+ runs just to get this year's offerings, to say nothing of newcomers who have three years of backlog to earn too.

There were 7 new items added to the shop this year:

• Noggle Statue - Yareli and Merulina - 200 pearls
  • Ride The Wave Poster - 250 pearls
  • Ride The Wave Glyph - 250 pearls
  • Dropkick Drahk Sigil - 250 pearls
  • Community Dog Days Grendel Glyph - 250 pearls
  • Community Dog Days Lavos Glyph - 250 pearls
  • Community Dog Days Voruna Glyph - 250 pearls
  • Community Dog Days Yareli Glyph - 250 pearls

That's a total of 1950 pearls. That's 15 rounds of 50 kill rounds. Worth noting that the first 3 items are also not truly new as they're recycled Nightwave rewards.

50 kills a match is also not hard. You do the same strat as previous years: just kite the AI so they run straight at you. You don't have to sweat at all. Play solo, pick a spot, kill them as they run straight at you. Enemy highlighting makes them easy to pick out, and you shouldn't be dying since nothing should be getting close enough to do significant damage. Everything dies in 4 shots this year, thanks to the resistance changes making you do twice the damage of previous years. If you wanna sweat, you can do pubs for the extra spawns.
Taking 40+ runs to get the new items means you're getting <10 kills a round, which is just???

I'll say again that I agree that Dog Days isn't very fun to play, but it's not an insane grind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

50 kills a match is also not hard

Again, you're VASTLY overestimating everyone else. 50 kills a match is WAY over the average, nearly double. And I know this because public squads are absolutely NOT breaking 200 total team kills (it's actually fairly rare to break 100). I am best in my clan at this f**king minigame and my average for past years was about 30 to 35 (too busy at work to try the lvl4 Dog Days yet, hafta wait for saturday)

Now keep in mind that's the average for going full tryhard mode for 6 minutes straight. That's taxing. That's exhausting

4 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Enemy highlighting makes them easy to pick out

How the hell are you getting enemy highlighting?!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You really shouldn't bother with it if you don't enjoy it , it will need a little getting used to cause the weapons are different and it also disables all abilities.

The rewards are all purely cosmetic and gameplay is pretty rudimentary.

It's still a nice little break.

rewar is not cosmetic only, try to read the description of item :)
2° is booooooring like ... like something extremly booorrriiinnngggg !
must set e timer minumin 30% shorted and give reward +30%. in  this way you must play less time in this useless boring event and recive the same oammounth of reward. in this way if you whanto to buy some nice skinn or other you dont need tyo play 1 mounth 24\24 and you can go to work, to sleep, to eat etc

5 hours ago, supernils said:

kidding? I did the 4 missions plus did the last mission another 3 times and I could buy a mod and a syandana and that's all I desired.

you're not supposed to get everything, unless you're really grind happy, which you are obviously not. Childish attitude, want want, with no effort.

only if you cheat, do some count and check. only syradana is 700 if i correct rember) all mod is more then 1000 in totale (140 x9)  if you cheat you can take all of them in 7 mission that maximukm pay is 100 (only for the level 4

2 hours ago, brutal_ITA said:

rewar is not cosmetic only, try to read the description of item :)
2° is booooooring like ... like something extremly booorrriiinnngggg !
must set e timer minumin 30% shorted and give reward +30%. in  this way you must play less time in this useless boring event and recive the same oammounth of reward. in this way if you whanto to buy some nice skinn or other you dont need tyo play 1 mounth 24\24 and you can go to work, to sleep, to eat etc

I should have clarified that the mods and weapons can be acquired from a different method (not to mention they can be traded) . They are not exclusive, only the cosmetics are exclusive to the acquisition of pearls (and even then they sometimes appear in nightwave and baros wares) 

The rest of what you said is just your own preference to want more rewards for less effort cause you don't like the mode , which is fine , you are entitled to your opinion and how you wish to spend your time.

I don't particularly care about the cosmetics too much , I just play to break the monotony of the gameplay.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Again, you're VASTLY overestimating everyone else. 50 kills a match is WAY over the average, nearly double.

I'm not doing anything special here. I'm even using a controller with aim assist off. Solo is an easy 50+ kills. Playing pubs isn't the way to go unless you want to sweat.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

How the hell are you getting enemy highlighting?!

It's a setting under Accessibility

qqk0nMe.png

• Like 1

On 2024-07-24 at 6:47 AM, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

But it will, and this is how you can get everything you didn't get the first time around. This is DE way to reduce the fear of missing out in their game.  Also, correct me if im wrong, i think this event last for a month or so? is that not long enough to farm what you need?  

14 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

No Dog Days is one of the more terrible grinds in this game. 40+ runs/rotations is about on par with Citrine. And that's just for Citrine, not counting all the weapon parts in there too.

It's also the number of runs it took me to get the Centaur way back in the day (it used to drop from Interception rotation C, not syndicates).

Just for the record, you don't lose your pearls when the event is over. I maybe grinded a bit the first year, but mostly to get some floofs/balls, then the subsequent years I've only done the alerts. As the pearls are kept between years, just do the alerts yearly and you'll be able to buy some stuff here and there.

Just for the sake of it : why are everyone complaining about such a meaningless event ? The entirety of the shop is cosmetic except for the Furax, which is obtainable as evergreen reward through Cetus bounties, the rest is 100% decorations or stuff no one will ever see. That's the absolute best example of "don't play it", I can guarantee most of the complainers don't need anything from the shop.

That's a good event to play a handful of games of, hearing Kela shouting in the comms, splashing enemies and get splashed. But ffs, why do everyone believe everything in this game is some sort of checklist, and every shop is something you instantly need to buy everything from instantly ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brutal_ITA said:

only if you cheat, do some count and check. only syradana is 700 if i correct rember) all mod is more then 1000 in totale (140 x9)  if you cheat you can take all of them in 7 mission that maximukm pay is 100 (only for the level 4

the syandana is 500 and I said 1 mod