The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a game held back by how easy it is

Kaiga

It's so frustrating to watch you guys just straight up lie.

1 hour ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

We don't have a need to discuss the no because the entire, 12 year history of the game IS the argument of "no".

But it's literally not. The 12 year history of the game is full of the argument "yes". Here is the argument "yes" for challenge spanning back to when the game was 1 year old written into the patch notes of the very game you are currently talking about:

"Deep Archimedea has an extremely high difficulty level and is designed to really put you and your Arsenal to the test."
-Digital Extremes, 2024

"These missions are intended to be challenging, so select your loadouts carefully to overcome your obstacles and take down your opponents."
-Digital Extremes, 2022

"It is time to take on a new challenge. The Origin System is ever-changing. Our enemies grow more powerful - only the Tenno with true mastery of their Arsenal will overcome what awaits us."
-Digital Extremes, 2020

"Note: Failure is a rare thing in Warframe, in the month of September only 2.5% of all missions were Failed. Prepare yourself for a new reality where failure may become the norm for these missions - can you overcome the odds!?"
-Digital Extremes, 2018

"Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group."
-Digital Extremes, 2015

"New End-Game System - the Dark Sectors! The first of the end-game projects to ship, the Dark Sectors were an area of space once inhabited, cut off, that players can reconnect with by building Solar Rails! Building Solar Rails allows for expansion and dominance into the Dark Sectors of the Solar System."
-Digital Extremes, 2014

I can go get more of these quotes if you'd like.

1 hour ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

You have to make a compelling argument to satisfy a player community where 3000+ hours is very common...meaning the game's current setup is as optimal as needed so you have to do the convincing. 

Here is the Creative Director of Warframe giving you the compelling argument:

It's timestamped, 15:03.

"When people talk about "I'm bored of Warframe", typically it's because it's gotten too easy for them. So it's "how do we solve that problem as a unified dev team and community" which is gonna be the challenge for 2019."
-Rebecca Ford, now the Creative Director of Warframe, 2019

And what'd they add in 2020?

Like, are you guys just ignorant of the game's actual history and DE's actual words? Or are you liars? Because you try to speak for DE while saying the opposite things. DE keeps saying "yes". They keep adding "yes". And you guys plug your ears and pretend none of this exists.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 6

il y a 3 minutes, PublikDomain a dit :

You cannot tell us the game doesn't have an endgame and then post a list of all the endgames ; and in the same post, say that we lie. Come on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

You cannot tell us the game doesn't have an endgame and then post a list of all the endgames ; and in the same post, say that we lie. Come on.

Case in point. You are lying.

Why do you think I just posted a list of the game's endgame content? Why have I posted this list at least 3 times now in this thread? These are all replies I made specifically to you:

On 2024-08-21 at 11:15 AM, PublikDomain said:

I'd also like to point to EDA, which adds endgame content without requiring new rewards.

On 2024-08-21 at 11:15 AM, PublikDomain said:

Players both play endgame content even if it offers no rewards (check any of the ingame leaderboards)

On 2024-08-19 at 2:02 PM, PublikDomain said:

I don't see where the idea that "DE doesn't create any endgame content" comes from either, since it's so obvious that endgame is one of DE's goals. It's been one of their goals forever, and they've constantly made changes to support it. So I don't see where "DE shouldn't create any endgame content" comes from either, because they do. Or where the opposition to DE nerfing things or balancing the game comes from, because sometimes they nerf things and balance the game anyways.

On 2024-08-19 at 11:36 AM, PublikDomain said:

And then you have the long history of content that DE rolled out that they described as being endgame or challenging.

Why do you lie?

• Like 4

41分钟前 , PublikDomain 说:

But it's literally not. The 12 year history of the game is full of the argument "yes". Here is the argument "yes" for challenge spanning back to when the game was 1 year old written into the patch notes of the very game you are currently talking about:

"Deep Archimedea has an extremely high difficulty level and is designed to really put you and your Arsenal to the test."
-Digital Extremes, 2024

"These missions are intended to be challenging, so select your loadouts carefully to overcome your obstacles and take down your opponents."
-Digital Extremes, 2022

"It is time to take on a new challenge. The Origin System is ever-changing. Our enemies grow more powerful - only the Tenno with true mastery of their Arsenal will overcome what awaits us."
-Digital Extremes, 2020

"Note: Failure is a rare thing in Warframe, in the month of September only 2.5% of all missions were Failed. Prepare yourself for a new reality where failure may become the norm for these missions - can you overcome the odds!?"
-Digital Extremes, 2018

"Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group."
-Digital Extremes, 2015

"New End-Game System - the Dark Sectors! The first of the end-game projects to ship, the Dark Sectors were an area of space once inhabited, cut off, that players can reconnect with by building Solar Rails! Building Solar Rails allows for expansion and dominance into the Dark Sectors of the Solar System."
-Digital Extremes, 2014

I can go get more of these quotes if you'd like.

Here is the Creative Director of Warframe giving you the compelling argument:

It's timestamped, 15:03.

"When people talk about "I'm bored of Warframe", typically it's because it's gotten too easy for them. So it's "how do we solve that problem as a unified dev team and community" which is gonna be the challenge for 2019."
-Rebecca Ford, now the Creative Director of Warframe, 2019

And what'd they add in 2020?

Like, are you guys just ignorant of the game's actual history and DE's actual words? Or are you liars? Because you try to speak for DE while saying the opposite things. DE keeps saying "yes". They keep adding "yes". And you guys plug your ears and pretend none of this exists.

You need to differentiate between endgame and "perpetual endgame".

If you are just talking about endgame that last for like a year, then you have them already. There are plenty in-game right now. Dark sectors > sortie > arbitration > SP > archon hunt > netracell > EDA. These are endgames and challenges for players. New players will find dark sectors hard. When they progress, they overcome dark sectors and find sortie level 100 is a bit difficult. And then they go to SP and encounter the whole new level of challenges. And then archon hunt. And then EDA. The game keep giving them challenges and they progress through them.

If you are talking about perpetual endgame, something that will keep a veteran entertained forever, then no, it is mathematically and psychologically impossible. Perpetual endgame is a unicorn. Everyone loves them, but they don't exist, because you are asking for a game mode with static and fixed "challenging" mechanics in a game that is ever progressing and changing. These are contradicting ideas. It will cease to be challenging just like archon hunt after a period of time, and actually it will be considered easy just like dark sectors after a sufficiently long period of time, because of a simple fact that everything is progressing.

The only way DE can do this, remotely, is to create an isolated and parallel pocket universe like the circuit or EDA, where they can restrict your power level and design challenge around it. To be honest these two are great game modes that people should give DE credit for pulling them off.

Going back to the basic question. No, there are already a lot of challenges in this game. No, this game does not need a perpetually challenging game mode. Yes, the current formula is working very properly for the past 12 years.

People here are not against the idea of "endgame". They are against the idea of "perpetual endgame". If you are just asking for endgame that will expire after a year, just wait, DE will give it to you, because they have been doing it for 12 years. If you are asking for perpetual endgame, then good luck, all the best.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Huh? Read that back my friend. Like read it out loud. Let it percolate. Endgame is endgame.

8 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

If you are talking about perpetual endgame, something that will keep a veteran entertained forever, then no, it is mathematically and psychologically impossible.

Here are some types of common perpetual endgames:

• Social systems, like clans or guilds
  • Competitive systems, like PvP or leaderboards
  • Constructive systems, like housing or territory

Challenging and collectable endgames are more finite, but other types can easily last indefinitely. Easy example: competition. People have been playing CS for 24 years. Starcraft for 26. Chess for 1,500.

15 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

If you are asking for perpetual endgame, then good luck, all the best.

Clan leaders, Dojo decorators, and Conclave players say "hi".

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

You're doing the exact same thing that you claim they are doing. Taking quotes and discarding the overall context to push a narrative is dishonest.

Who is the content meant to be difficult for? That is the important question that people like to ignore the answer to, because if DE has content most people, or their target audience, find difficult, then they did what they said they were going to do and have been doing so. They never explicitly said they were targeting VIP Member #1 4thBro's difficulty level, or yours, or mine. Just what ever DE considers difficult. If someone finds the difficulty level too low, that isn't something DE ever promised to solve.

The same issue happened with team oriented play. Railjack was meant to be played with others, or so DE stated. The result was content that could be easily soloed pretty quickly, and then a bunch of changes resulting in any non-ground portion of it basically being solo-afkable. Another person isn't required, and is just there to make the mission less of an inconvenience. Just like the rest of the game, where a loadout does essentially everything at once.

We've had numerous changes to the overall game to make content more accessible, it's been made clear countless times that accessibility matters to DE. If DE wanted to provide what ever people think is a challenge, they would have been going in the opposite direction. You don't make enemies easier to deal with if you cater to the small group demanding gate kept content.

• Like 1

1小时前 , PublikDomain 说:

Huh? Read that back my friend. Like read it out loud. Let it percolate. Endgame is endgame.

Look, you may argue and check dictionary all you wanted, but obviously you are talking about two different things.

DE will definitely give you short term challenging contents. Problem solved. Next.

1小时前 , PublikDomain 说:

Here are some types of common perpetual endgames:

• Social systems, like clans or guilds
  • Competitive systems, like PvP or leaderboards
  • Constructive systems, like housing or territory

Challenging and collectable endgames are more finite, but other types can easily last indefinitely. Easy example: competition. People have been playing CS for 24 years. Starcraft for 26. Chess for 1,500.

Clan leaders, Dojo decorators, and Conclave players say "hi".

So.....you already have your perpetual endgame, like, right now, in Warframe.

And also you are not looking for perpetual endgame in the fundamental 3rd person PvE aspect of Warframe, right? Then why all the stat squish and stuff...... anyway never mind.

We have all these already in Warframe, and yet you are here, so it means you are looking for some improvement in them I believe? What are you looking for in clans dojo, dojo architecture or leaderboards? Let's hear it.

Edited by RichardKam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Why do you lie?

You are the one demanding "endgame" because game doesnt have any, not us. If the game already has endgame than every single topic about it is pointless, isnt it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Which is less than 2% of the playtime on my account right now, and there are a ton of people out there with 10k+ hours! When the progression you guys are talking about only lasts for such a tiny fraction of the actual time people put into this game, I really don't see how it makes sense to sacrifice the other 98% of the game to some stale, boring meta where only a handful of top things get used and the vast majority of mods, mechanics, weapons, frames, pets, and playstyles mathematically just suck. Nor why a short vertical progression that can last 1/10th of what you spent just to get to TSD - or just be skipped entirely with cash - should be valued above a long horizontal progression that can reach every aspect of the game.

Here is where you are wrong. The game is easy so most of those weapons and frames are viable. We still have meta but you can pretty much use whatever you want and still complete the game. The momment you add hard content you create hard locked meta. You will be forced to use meta things because you wont be able to complete said challenge. Also not everything in game must be vaible. You listed mods for k-drive that is just for memes. You think DE doesnt know it wont be used? You think like you are some master of the universe and only you can see it? They are clearly intentionally weak.  Yes there are some people that play for 10k hours but it doesnt mean its the norm or even should be considered. Thats such a tiny fraction of playerbase that you can call it almost nobody. Players tend to play more than 1 game you know.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

Many people are going for the personal attack without understanding that the business model of this game works because the game is the way it is.

They would have to change the monetization and gameplay to make happy the people who no longer want to play this game and possibly even if they are given what they want, they will feel disappointed and leave anyway.

No developer wants to lose something that already works to make happy those who no longer care what it is and only focus on what they want it to be.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

8 minutes ago, CharallChaos said:

Lol ngl expected this post to be deleted by now.

That will happen when we get three more threads 

"Warframe is a game held back by how moderate the difficulty is!" and "Warframe is hard, but its being Held Back by how Easy I Am!"  and "Warframe is not a game, Held, by Anyone, we need to Hold it Back?". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dwqrf said:

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Many people are going for the personal attack without understanding that the business model of this game works because the game is the way it is.

They would have to change the monetization and gameplay to make happy the people who no longer want to play this game and possibly even if they are given what they want, they will feel disappointed and leave anyway.

No developer wants to lose something that already works to make happy those who no longer care what it is and only focus on what they want it to be.

The list that Domain gave is a list of attempted endgames.

They are only successful to a degree. As stated by many people, there are still those that struggle with EDA. In fact, there are those that still struggle with Netracells, and Archons.

These "attempted endgames" may indeed be a proper endgame for players that are still drastically lagging behind. That is why there's a disconnect. Some players say those game modes ARE the endgame, and then other players are still able to nearly afk-clear those modes, and say those modes still aren't sufficient endgame.

So what should they be labeled as?

Attempted endgame.

Because wouldn't you say the result is at least as important as the intention, when labeling them?

You wanna talk about their business model? Then talk about it earnestly.

Their business model is attempting to satisfy those that need an endgame to keep playing. And the fact is that doing so has slowed the hemorrhaging loss of players. If they never added any of those things, and left the lagging players with no Eidolons, Steel Paths, Arbitrations, Liches, Archons, or EDA's, then even those players would eventually catch up, get bored, and quit like everyone else that was way ahead of them.

The only issue is that, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE TRYING, it's still too far behind the current power curve. I've said this before. I could literally stop working on my Frames right now, and in 5 years from now, I will still be so far ahead of the power curve that I could easymode everything the game has added in that time. (Assuming the current pattern continues.)

The endgames that they are adding still seems to be made for those that are lagging behind. And that's the issue with the list of endgame examples. And that is why they don't effectively count as endgame. Because that's what "effectively" means.

7 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Dark sectors

New players will find dark sectors hard.

Endgame =/= new player content.

At this point, I have to ask... Do you even know what this whole conversation is about???

Man just brought up Dark Sectors.

... Not even new players find that hard, LOL! It's Infested. Just roast 'em. I didn't find them hard back in 2017 before I even had my first Frame level 30.

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 1

Il y a 8 heures, PublikDomain a dit :

Why do you lie?

I don't. I just say stuff that you don't like or don't understand. You advocate that Warframe need balance so we can have a endgame. Then, you post again and again lists of successful endgames. The game has high end content ; it's endgame. Period.

il y a 15 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

Their business model is attempting to satisfy those that need an endgame to keep playing.

I don't think so. I think there is much more casual players that play Warframe for fun and don't have time to have a doctorate in warframe mecanics, and spend money from their time spent at work to skip grind. They don't need the endgame you think ; they already have many endgames to go through.

But we all know you are the best player in the universe, every other person in the world and beyond are just disabled dumb idiots, and that all the developpers should catter to your special needs, dismissing everyone else because they don't deserve it ; and if they do deserve it at some point, that's just because eventually, they would evolve to think just like you.

-

Have a good week end Tennos. And don't forget, if you are bored of Warframe, do something else.

• Like 2

Generally the problem isn't that the game is hard, you can easily slap enemies and have a breeze through missions with the correct weapons and build, and that is exactly the problem. The new player experience sucks at showing people this point, I remember having a hard time when I progressed through the star chart because the beginner bow I had doesn't cut it anymore, until I discovered how to get a better gun and how to build on it then I started once shotting enemies again, the only way I discovered though was by googling, if only there was a better way to show stuff like this in game, it will solve the whole new player experience. 

Just discovered this post is satire, but there is truth to it the new player experience sucks big time lol

Edited by IMSOL_ForceWF

11 hours ago, Dioxety said:

You can literally play with your eyes closed at this point. I think anybody that’s a high level warframe player would say the game is too easy and needs more dificult content.

Elite Deep Archimedea was a decent start, but even then a incarnon weapon just shreds everything.

Let's remove shield gate.

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

I don't think so. I think there is much more casual players that play Warframe for fun and don't have time to have a doctorate in warframe mecanics, and spend money from their time spent at work to skip grind. They don't need the endgame you think ; they already have many endgames to go through

For sure, there are always a higher amount of casual players than "other players" (whatever this really means) in basically any game.

But I'm not sure where you think I fall under. Which is kind of the point, isn't it?

I AM a casual player. And I've still passed all of the game's content by a large margin.

I'm that guy you describe. I pay plat to skip doing things I don't wanna do. I don't know all of this game's mechanics, my friend is always educating me on it. I only have 2.5k hours after playing for 7 years. (I'd say do the math, but we both know you'll just cherry-pick 2.5k hours and say that's not casual.)

I AM that casual player. And even I am way past this game's content. And I could afk for 5 years and still will be.

That's the whole point. You don't even need to be hyper-involved to fly past this game.

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

But we all know you are the best player in the universe, every other person in the world and beyond are just disabled dumb idiots, and that all the developpers should catter to your special needs, dismissing everyone else because they don't deserve it ; and if they do deserve it at some point, that's just because eventually, they would evolve to think just like you.

Aaand then you devolve into your insecure projections, lol.

All I've done is state that the game is too easy, and I've pointed out your fallacies. Anything that you FEEL as a result is completely on you. Don't protect your feelings onto me as facts.

• Like 1

il y a 7 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

I'm that guy you describe.

No, you are not a typical casual gamer playing for fun. In fact you don't have fun because it's too easy.

il y a 8 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

Aaand then you devolve into your insecure projections, lol.

No, I'm sorry, you said many times that the playerbase were stupid players and that you are smarter than them, and only you can see that there is a issue with the endgame, and that eventually, casual players will find it out too. And that DE needs to make more endgame for you or else, they'll lose money. Your words.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

No, you are not a typical casual gamer playing for fun. In fact you don't have fun because it's too easy

I did the math for you, by the way.

I average out to playing Warframe for 146.77 seconds a day.

If that isn't casual, I literally don't know how else to convince you.

14 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

No, I'm sorry, you said many times that the playerbase were stupid players and that you are smarter than them, and only you can see that there is a issue with the endgame, and that eventually, casual players will find it out too. And that DE needs to make more endgame for you or else, they'll lose money. Your words

You don't get to make up words, and then wrap it all up in a "your words" bow tie.

Somebody else, on page 1, said that most players don't even have 5% of the game knowledge as players on the forums.

Then 33 people agreed.

Then along comes me, and I become the main focus??? That's crazy. Actually, that's obsessive. You, my friend, are literally obsessed with me. I mean, hell, you keep making images about me, it's wild.

I also never said only I can see the issues. I've only ever said the opposite; that a lot of people see it.

Case in point. You're just making stuff up, and then claiming that other people said it. There's a fallacy for that, you know!

Seems to be the only weapon in your arsenal.

As for losing money? Yes. That's correct. They are losing money for not having an endgame.

I'm not really sure how you're gonna ridicule that statement, but go ahead, let's see it.

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 1

il y a 33 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

I AM a casual player.
I only have 2.5k hours

Bruh.

il y a 23 minutes, dwqrf a dit :

No, I'm sorry, you said many times that the playerbase were stupid players and that you are smarter than them, and only you can see that there is a issue with the endgame, and that eventually, casual players will find it out too. And that DE needs to make more endgame for you or else, they'll lose money. Your words.

il y a 9 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

You don't get to make up words, and then wrap it all up in a "your words" bow tie.

Il y a 11 heures, 4thBro a dit :

I can go play a Netracell, and some guy is sweeping entire rooms with an Arca Plasmor that's probably built extremely poorly. And he's playing some super strong Frame and somehow manages to get downed. Probably an MR30. No punishment for getting downed whatsoever, and thus, never learning from the mistakes, and never having the need to improve.

Maybe that's what you're saying the game SHOULD be like. "Casual."

But that seems a bit crazy to me, don't you think??? I could probably go into an Arbitration right now, and somebody that's at least MR25 is going to die in the first 5 minutes as long as it's not Infested. Those enemies aren't even level 100.

Or they'll have a close call, and want to extract on first rotation.

I just feel insulted on behalf of DE when I see this kinda stuff.

And you really, REALLY don't want to try to cater to hyper-casual, entitled players too much. Eventually, they will want to have everything while giving nothing. And then even they will leave, because the fundamental truth that victory needs to be meaningful to be satisfying will always prevail. As mentioned, if this wasn't the case, all of the "power fantasy" players would just play Earth missions all day. The reality is that those types of players still need their enemies to be strong enough to have the victory be meaningful. And the only reason the game still offers this to them is because they aren't quite at the higher levels of gameplay yet. Or, even if they are... then the reason their easy victories mean anything is because OTHER people aren't there yet, and so, their victories still hold meaning because it's something they have over other people.

8 hours ago, RichardKam said:

but obviously you are talking about two different things.

It's the same thing. Endgame is endgame. It's all endgame. Some of it is perpetual, some of it is not. But it's all still endgame.

9 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Do I need to differentiate between cars and "red cars"? 🙄

So.....you already have your perpetual endgame, like, right now, in Warframe.

We have some skins and bones, yes. And they add more skins and bones all the time. We're about to get another Nightwave season. That too is part of the game's collective endgame.

Is this endgame good or sustainable? Not really. Is the challenging endgame in particular good or sustainable? It's a more solid "no" though we can see it starting to poke through. Can it be better and more sustainable? Yes everything can always be improved. But that part of the endgame in particular is one of the many things "held back by how easy it is", which is the topic of this thread. For example:

And also you are not looking for perpetual endgame in the fundamental 3rd person PvE aspect of Warframe, right? Then why all the stat squish and stuff...... anyway never mind.

Of course I am! Have you read nothing? Why do you think I talk about all the stat squish and stuff? Because this particular part of the endgame is one of the things "held back by how easy it is".

so it means you are looking for some improvement in them I believe? What are you looking for in clans dojo, dojo architecture or leaderboards? Let's hear it.

No S#&$. Here are some simple examples:

• DE was working on the Kingpin system. It would have given clans some sort of customizable daily or weekly missions to send their members out on. They were already doing this but dropped it in favor of SO. It's just clan alerts or clan goals. (Social, potentially Challenging)
  • We had the Solar Rail Conflict system. It allowed clans to compete over territory. This gave us a social endgame and a competitive endgame and a constructive endgame ana challenging endgame. It was quite great. And it had flaws, flaws which today can all be easily solved: adding more nodes to compete over, using Conclave rules to balance, changing the tax system, and adding meta rules like "you can't invade territory if it's not connected to the territory you control". (Social, Constructive, Competitive, Challenging)
  • Dojo decoration is something a lot of very talented people spend a huge amount of time on, and it could be made better/more accessible. (Constructive)
  • They could also do things to make Dojos feel more alive and lived-in like adding NPCs (they already said they would), making the Dojo an optional login location, etc. (Social, Constructive)
  • They could create something like the adopt-a-settlement idea I've talked about in the past. In it, clans (and individuals) can act as the guardians for a civilian settlement somewhere out in the game world. Clans (and individuals) could construct houses, add map tiles, recruit NPCs, do quests, protect from invasions, and generally just have something to upkeep. This could tie in to all sorts of systems. (Social, Constructive)

These are not hard to come up with. You just need to have a little

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952np2tcut65ikpw6mvvhl

Like, you almost did it too! You almost had an imagination! What did you mean by "leaderboards" when talking about clans? Because we could totally have clan leaderboards for more things. That would help build more of a social and competitive endgame for clans. You did it, here is your sticker:

• Like 3