The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus and the Void

It's unclear exactly how much long term damage the ambient void does to sentients, but it doesn't outright kill them. She'd already been sterilized by her first trip to Tau, and I seem to recall her saying that being stuck on Lua still wasn't great for her.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It's unclear exactly how much long term damage the ambient void does to sentients, but it doesn't outright kill them. She'd already been sterilized by her first trip to Tau, and I seem to recall her saying that being stuck on Lua still wasn't great for her.

Sterilized?

20 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Sterilized?

It damages their ability to replicate, one of the many injustices that pissed them off in the first place (and in particular is the set up for the Lotus's eventual progression to spacemom)

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

It damages their ability to replicate, one of the many injustices that pissed them off in the first place (and in particular is the set up for the Lotus's eventual progression to spacemom)

How do they replicate(a genuine question)cloning? Mitosis? Meiosis? Sexual? Are there any sources that point to it?

7 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

How do they replicate(a genuine question)cloning? Mitosis? Meiosis? Sexual? Are there any sources that point to it?

If you do any Murex mission, look at the black goo, its called "Manifold" and you see Bracholysts spawn from there. Also, you see Battalysts blueprints passing by you in the big, circular red rooms with a hole in the middle. Find the smaller holes and look for a bit. You also see Ropalolysts's BPs pass by the big hole.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

If you do any Murex mission, look at the black goo, it’s called "Manifold" and you see Bracholysts spawn from there. Also, you see Battalysts blueprints passing by you in the big, circular red rooms with a hole in the middle. Find the smaller holes and look for a bit. You also see Ropalolysts's BPs pass by the big hole.

Bp?, do you have a visual?

Edited by (PSN)CUInc

1 hour ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Bp?, do you have a visual?

Its more like a 3D rig of it, I will try to get an image, but 4 RJ Missions on the Anomaly and the tileset has not spawned yet.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

We get in her chairroom by going to Lua.

I don't ever once remember visiting the Lotus's throne room in canon. It was shown off in concept art... as part of Orcus Relay, not Lua. The only thing on Lua is the Tenno Reservoir, which has only ever been visited on-screen during times when Lua was NOT in the Void

Edit: forgot about Apostasy Prologue. The thing is, I can't tell if Lotus's throne room is actually down that hole or if Wally is making you use astral projection, because the entire point of the three cutscene quests is that Wally is showing you visions of places you aren't actually at (I mean Ballas and Lotus can't see you during Apostasy even though you are standing right between them). And even if it is on Lua, it takes place after Lua is no longer in the Void, so there's no evidence she was there in the Void the whole time -- she could have had a backup throne room for all we know

Edited by TARINunit9

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

I don't ever once remember visiting the Lotus's throne room in canon. It was shown off in concept art... as part of Orcus Relay, not Lua. The only thing on Lua is the Tenno Reservoir, which has only ever been visited on-screen during times when Lua was NOT in the Void

Opostasy Prologue, we get there and Ballas mind wammies-BS-Orokin-magic-thingy Lotus.

Chimera, we head there, no physically, but revisit.

At the end of New War, we return her to her room.

But Lua was in the Void, Lotus' throne is on Lua, so the throne was in the Void when Lua was in the Void.

And again, in the Ropalolololololololololyst's fight, she says this:

• "But in truth, we were both imprisoned in Lua's belly. My light remade by the Creators. I became a memory, a ghost. Reprogrammed to destroy my family, my people, my history."
  • "Your great power, your great evil. The voice, the Void, within you. Our ancients still wither at its touch... but have you forgotten Lua? You were saved. But I... I was changed."

Void is poison to the Sentients, but she was changed, but Erra acknowledges that the Void changed her.

• "But you have something our people have never had before, Natah. You're stained by their wickedness. Use it! Use their sin against them!"
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Opostasy Prologue, we get there and Ballas mind wammies-BS-Orokin-magic-thingy Lotus.

Edited my post while you were typing this, to say that I'm honestly not convinced Lotus's throne is on Lua

I'll retype it here for you: All three cutscene quests have Wally send you on a vision quest -- meaning you aren't actually there. In reverse order, Wally sends you into the past (Erra), sends you into a Sentient prison where Ballas is hiding (Chimera), and sends you to Lotus's throne (Apostasy). Ballas and Lotus can't see you in Apostasy, you aren't there even though it looks like you are standing right between them. Vision quest, not really there. So this window-less chamber you can only enter by dropping down Wally's weird hole (you can't see any of Lua from the throne itself, you can only see glowing purple machines) might not be really on Lua

And even if it is on Lua:

44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

but have you forgotten Lua? You were saved. But I... I was changed."

Lotus was "reforged" before Lua went into the Void, and Apostasy takes place after Lua left the Void. What I'm saying is, Lotus probably had a second backup throne room outside of Lua she was using when Lua was in the Void

20 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Lotus was "reforged" before Lua went into the Void, and Apostasy takes place after Lua left the Void. What I'm saying is, Lotus probably had a second backup throne room outside of Lua she was using when Lua was in the Void

But thats the thing, there's nothing saying there's a backup throne aside from the one in Lua. To the point we only see Lotus physically after we remove Lua from the Void.

But there could be or there couldnt be.

She has a backup throne outside Lua, she doesnt have a backup throne outside of Lua.

eTerNAliSm!!

The Lotus we knew died. She got reborn, but as a manifestation of the Void. It's why she has Void powers now. Though, even before the died during the old war, she exhibited signs of being at least Void touched. Right now, she's basically Archon shard soup. Kuva's a big part of the equation that links a lot of related events. Ballas liked to use it on those who he deemed to have wronged him, so I'm assuming he also forced Natah to take in some in order to merge with Margulis' disembodied consciousness. Hilariously, if that's true, Ballas' own desire to get a second chance with the one he betrayed ended up costing him his life in the end, since Margulis' memories, after becoming part of Natah, also included her love for the Tenno. 

"Our ancients still wither at its touch..."

Whilst that line can't be trusted since Lotus is still under Erra/Ballas's mind control, several elements back it up. Hell, her hand is just fine in Duviri. Whatever happened when she went from Natah to Lotus, she's if not immune, then considerably more resilient to the Void than some of the others.

20 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

She got reborn, but as a manifestation of the Void. It's why she has Void powers now.

She doesn't? Lotus hasn't shown any kind of Void power, the shards restored her to a full functioning Sentient.

1 hour ago, AtsiaZ said:

She doesn't? Lotus hasn't shown any kind of Void power, the shards restored her to a full functioning Sentient.

There's also whatever she absorbed from Ballas as well.

46 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

There's also whatever she absorbed from Ballas as well.

That was the last Archon Shard plus whatever she originally had that he stole from her. Whatever allowed him to use Praghasa to try and open a void portal.