The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before lotus eaters comes out

So any thoughts/theories on lotus eaters?

My little theory is that it's going be focused around Lotus coming to terms that the indifference is real and finally confronting it.

I just hope she doesn't get captured again... That and a choice between the operator/drifter. I am NOT going through another duviri!

As always though good luck, good night and be respectful.

• Like 2

Well, someone gonna eating that mamasita (lotus) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Edit: In any case Reb said it's gonna be a super short quest, so i don't have a super, mega, ulta theory just a filler quest.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

As always, it's all super vague for the sake of being vague, but let's read this citation from wiki:

"In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters (Greek: λωτοφάγοι, translit. lōtophágoi) were a race of people living on an island dominated by the lotus tree, a plant whose botanical identity is uncertain. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were a narcotic, causing the inhabitants to sleep in peaceful apathy. After they ate the lotus, they would forget their home and loved ones and long only to stay with their fellow lotus-eaters. Those who ate the plant never cared to report or return.

Figuratively, 'lotus-eaters' denotes "people who spend their time indulging in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns".

- AKA hedonistic junkies who only care about getting their next fix - possibly a source of (emotional) indifference.

Take what you want from it...

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

As always, it's all super vague for the sake of being vague, but let's read this citation from wiki:

"In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters (Greek: λωτοφάγοι, translit. lōtophágoi) were a race of people living on an island dominated by the lotus tree, a plant whose botanical identity is uncertain. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were a narcotic, causing the inhabitants to sleep in peaceful apathy. After they ate the lotus, they would forget their home and loved ones and long only to stay with their fellow lotus-eaters. Those who ate the plant never cared to report or return.

Figuratively, 'lotus-eaters' denotes "people who spend their time indulging in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns".

- AKA hedonistic junkies who only care about getting their next fix - possibly a source of (emotional) indifference.

Lotus becoming a sort of junky was not on my bingo card but that's interesting

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (NSW)XXxzadrixXX said:

Lotus becoming a sort of junky was not on my bingo card but that's interesting

LMAO 😂, an interesting conclusion. I was thinking more about 'exchanging love/values for power', 'deal with the devil', 'choosing what feels good rather than what is right' themes...

As a side note, until further plot twist from DE, I assume Albrecht was/is running a side Tenno/Warframe project with his Vessels, a monopoly currently dominated by Lotus, and their interests are about to clash.

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 2

I think it's gonna come down to either Lotus finally stepping in the wally arc and confronting him or Lotus being controlled by him (it's possible that he possessed her at the end of tnw) 

• Like 2

I dont expect too much. Some prelude quest probably. As they also said it wont be a code change update, so that likely also limits how much we can get from it.

If Warframe was more mainstream in media overall I would expect a "Whoreframe: Lotus Eaters. A XXX Warframe Parody" sometime in the future. :clem:

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont expect too much. Some prelude quest probably. As they also said it wont be a code change update, so that likely also limits how much we can get from it.

If Warframe was more mainstream in media overall I would expect a "Whoreframe: Lotus Eaters. A XXX Warframe Parody" sometime in the future. :clem:

I'm sure NSFWframe artist teams are working on it

tumblr_mq1cdmuKYx1qd2l0fo1_r1_250.gifv

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Momoque2 said:

I think it will explain how the lotus know the man in the wall, she wasn't there we we made the contract in the zariman so how does she know him? 

She was in Lua alongside the Tenno when it was put into the Void. She tells us in the Ropalolyst fight that she has seen the "Wall's other face too" and "I too have heard the voice". And she definetly saw Wally at the end of New War.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I hope it sheds some light on what happened between the operator getting stabbed and the drifter resurrecting her.

That's what I was hoping, but some have pointed out that the Lotus in the promo images is the Lotus Radiant skin which would likely make it post-TNW.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Kaotyke a dit :

She was in Lua alongside the Tenno when it was put into the Void. She tells us in the Ropalolyst fight that she has seen the "Wall's other face too" and "I too have heard the voice". And she definetly saw Wally at the end of New War.

Maybe she heard him, but like I said she knew who he was when she saw himl on the end of the new war.So maybe the quest will explain how she know what he looks like

• Like 1

Wallbrecht and Wallperator pay Lotus a visit? Maybe the Great Indifference realm invades Lotus' Chambers on Lua and she is forced to confront them. She seems content to ignore him for as long as she is able, not her problem unless provoked.

Seeing as her severed hand plays a pivotal role in Wally and Operator's deal, and breaking the loop for Drifter in Duviri, maybe we get to see what type of deal was struck between Lotus and Wally, if any.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

That's what I was hoping, but some have pointed out that the Lotus in the promo images is the Lotus Radiant skin which would likely make it post-TNW.

One word "flashbacks" ,

Also , exposition can come in many ways , including static text diaries or simple dialogues. Not everything has to be an animated fx heavy action sequence.

Lotus shouldn't get captured again, just on narrative reasons. She was literally captured for longer than she wasn't captured the first time.

Her getting captured was pretty fun, but let her have agency this time around if she's going to be a major s

• Like 2

On 2024-08-18 at 2:24 AM, Hayrack said:

Thanks for this info.

Given that definition of lotus eaters I think the eaters in this scenario most likely refers to the Tenno. Obviously the Lotus is the lotus so the eaters would be someone who is getting some form of sustenance from her. That or perhaps there is a separate group/entity that wants to "eat" Lotus and is gunning for her, in which case we will have to protect her. In either case the sustenance that Lotus provides could be one of any number of things. It could be as literal as drawing actual energy from her or as intangible as the way in which she directs the Tenno towards specific goals and objectives. It could even be her love and attention.

Let's explore that "...directs the Tenno..." idea some more. If we assume the Tenno are the eaters and follow that line of logic then it's reasonable to assume being called lotus eaters is a critique, a way of saying that the Tenno's reliance on Lotus is a crutch keeping them from exploring their true potential. Consider, as the Tenno you wake up and right away this strange woman starts telling you what to do, where to go, and who to kill. Sure she tangibly assists you by providing a means of escaping the Grineer on that first day but her directing you doesn't stop there. She sends you on missions across the origin system and at least to start this doesn't seem to provide you with any personal benefit outside of perhaps continued survival. Survival is good but the Tenno doesn't seem to have any goals for the future beyond mere survival, they only move as the Lotus instructs them to. And what is the first instance of the Tenno acting on their own? When the Lotus is taken from them. Whatever her motivations, the Lotus has essentially turned us into living weapons who barley question their place in this universe. Perhaps the focus of Lotus Eaters will be the Tenno breaking off from that familiar cycle of just doing whatever Lotus tells them to do and starting to form a philosophy of their own as an individual? Perhaps this could lead towards all those black and white decisions coming to a head to form that philosophy.

Probably not but that's my best guess of how the myth of the lotus eaters could apply to this.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

One word "flashbacks" ,

Also , exposition can come in many ways , including static text diaries or simple dialogues. Not everything has to be an animated fx heavy action sequence.

I mean I guess they could tell that part of the story in a flashback, though I'd really rather they not. There's a lot of stuff to go over between the end of Duviri and where it rejoins the timeline in TNW. How the Drifter found the (rest of the) Lotus, how they met Ordis, how they escaped Duviri, etc. Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

• Like 1

En 18/8/2024 a las 9:45, Momoque2 dijo:

I think it will explain how the lotus know the man in the wall, she wasn't there we we made the contract in the zariman so how does she know him? 

Well they Call her "the eye that can see in the void" or something like that, maybe she see him in the start.

I read something like that, but I can't remember where.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I mean I guess they could tell that part of the story in a flashback, though I'd really rather they not. There's a lot of stuff to go over between the end of Duviri and where it rejoins the timeline in TNW. How the Drifter found the (rest of the) Lotus, how they met Ordis, how they escaped Duviri, etc. Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

Oh dont get me wrong , I would like for some actual gameplay to go with it ,

But ... experience has taught me to temper my expectations on DE giving some actual closure.

• Like 2