The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Scamming Gamers: Outrageous Platinum Charges for Name Changes and Time Rushes 😡

Although I am not a fan of having name changes be a paid service , I have played games where name change is not possible at all. 

And for that reason I tend to pick a name that I have no intent of changing. But between the two i would like to have the option to change the name.

Platinum is also tradable (granted someone has to buy it sometimes somewhere for real money).

I remember one game where you had to do a tedious quest if you ever needed to change your name , i forget the name (hah) , it discouraged changes but anyone really wanting to do it could do it with just some effort.

As to the rush costs , it's part of an f2p games business model , and again happy to have the choice though I will never usually use it.

• Like 2

The biggest rip though is the cosmetic rep grinds in open world shops.  Some items several days of max rep.  And you need to hire someone full time to get any decorating done.  People ask for challenging content - look no further than placing decorations.  The scam is buying a necramite and expecting it to pimp your orbiter out.  It should just pull from your decorations and do stuff and then i can clobber it if I don't like it.  Decorating 2.0.

Edited by Lord_Drod

13 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

they've always existed, we we just called them something else, often something laced with profanity, because back then most people weren't so easily offended by literally everything and anything they they don't agree with. 

I disagree about the "they always existed" part. if they did we would see them in museums next to the dinosaurs.

I believe that 200p is an okay price for a name change. Just think: how often do people change their name? I did it a few times, most recently today so that my PS4 handle is the same as my PC handle since cross save is a thing now. But other than that? Dude, if you can't decide what you want to call yourself, that's on you to deal with. I don't even believe 200p is ripping off anyone. Maybe you're not supposed to change your name every few days. I believe it can be expected of most people to keep the name that they signed up with.

As for the rush costs... seriously? How much else do you want DE to hand to you for free? I can see slots be an argument here and I sincerely believe you should get extra slots for mastery rank ups and more slots as a new player. But rushing foundry items? If you're super impatient I suppose. Other than that, I suggest you ask for guidance, play the game and have a serious take about all the things that you can do as you wait for your foundry items to complete.

• Like 2

[Looks at my plat stores that haven't dropped below 3k since 2015 where I learned about trading and remembering that time I managed to get up to 12k Plat in 2016 only to surf it down by buying literally every cosmetic in the game and a couple of thousand Forma]

Is this some kind of peasant joke that I'm too rich to understand?

• Like 2

On 2024-09-12 at 3:32 AM, NoobTubeNonsense said:

Digital Extremes out here charging 200 platinum for a name change like they're selling gold-plated usernames! I mean, I get paying for shiny cosmetics and those sweet heirlooms, but 10 bucks just to swap a name? That's a scam wrapped in a platinum bow. And don't even get me started on the rush charges—50 plat to speed up a 3-day item, but somehow 26 plat for a 4-hour job? Who’s crunching these numbers, a guy with a dartboard? Someone needs to step in before gamers start understanding how they are getting scammed and leave the game reducing the customer base of the game itself.

>it's only a matter of time before gamers "understanding how they are getting scammed" 

>games been out for over 10 years. 

Lol. Lmao even.

• Like 2

On 2024-09-12 at 10:32 AM, NoobTubeNonsense said:

Digital Extremes out here charging 200 platinum for a name change like they're selling gold-plated usernames! I mean, I get paying for shiny cosmetics and those sweet heirlooms, but 10 bucks just to swap a name? That's a scam wrapped in a platinum bow. And don't even get me started on the rush charges—50 plat to speed up a 3-day item, but somehow 26 plat for a 4-hour job? Who’s crunching these numbers, a guy with a dartboard? Someone needs to step in before gamers start understanding how they are getting scammed and leave the game reducing the customer base of the game itself.

I do not understand how the name change price tag is unfair.

Most MMORPG's have about 10$ price tag for a name change, or it's a one-time free "consumable" which is of great rarity, found in some packs, usually worth 20$ + 
Also, Warframe is a game where you can trade with players and you got a 3rd party Warframe Market site, which is a huge QoL when it comes to not spending entire day in trade chat, but instead, playing the actual game while being able to trade.

So, whatever you just said about name change being expensive in Warframe got nothing to do with reality.
In fact, it's quite cheap! All things considered and how good Warframe economy is, of course so long you absolutely don't make a jumbled up mess of a post, which ignores all important context. You would figure out how wrong you are.

The only way you can make a post as you did is to ignore absolutely everything the game has to offer, its economy, its very friendly and rather good player base, quite excellent support and WF moderators here on forums and in the game.

Honestly the fact that you complain about a 200-platinum price tag for the name change is a huge praise to DE!
Out of all the things you can complain about, you complain about something completely unrelated to the game and out of context, something which has got nothing to do with reality itself.

I am starting to think that this post is some sort of bait, and that you are intentionally trying to jumble up a bunch of dislikeable words so as to degrade Warframe and DE for whatever reason you may have. At least I can't understand the logic behind such a post... 🤔

Again, I am a Warframe veteran who has played this game for 8-9 years now, and I quite enjoy doing level cap SP fissure missions. The Warframe is doing great!
Pablo is a legend and Digital Extremes are amazing. ❤️😎

Edited by Nesferion
  • Like 3

On 2024-09-15 at 12:21 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

[Looks at my plat stores that haven't dropped below 3k since 2015 where I learned about trading and remembering that time I managed to get up to 12k Plat in 2016 only to surf it down by buying literally every cosmetic in the game and a couple of thousand Forma]

Is this some kind of peasant joke that I'm too rich to understand?

Yep literally, I can't make sense out of the post and I am trying my best here as well mate.

It's as if the person intentionally wants to write something bad about the game, and picks something which isn't about game, but is a sub sub sub set in the section of the "in game Warframe market" Which is about the nick name change, not creation not something else... You can't make this up. 😂

To which the conclusion is; "Players should stop playing Warframe, because of unfair name-change price, it's all a scam".
It's almost unbelievable.

4 hours ago, Quest said:

Overpriced? Yeah. 100%. Should you be allowed to change your username for free? Yeah.

Scam? No.

If that was the case, people would make all kinds of weird names, nobody would stick to them or take them seriously, and it would impact the authenticity of people and accounts in game. It would make the game worse, actually. Whereas having a price tag on the name can't make the game worse. Think about this for a moment before you reply.

I absolutely do not agree with you there. The price tag which Warframe has for name change, which is 200 platinum per change, is more than fair all things considered.

Names aren't tissue paper.

One sure way to ruin a perfectly good game, where community and accountability matter a lot, is to make names worth less than tissue paper, or free.

Where a person can have, such as I do, almost 1000 in game friends, of which almost every week a couple return back to the game and actually remember me for something good and nice that I did 2 years ago, and talk to me and ask me things.

I like to help new players; I like to keep Warframe a good experience for as many as I can.
You don't have to be a shining star and a guiding light in Waframe.

However, trust me when I tell you, if I changed my name. It would be disrespectful to all the people whom I have on my friends list and who may remember me and contact me, but otherwise wouldn't because I changed my name.

Yeah. It's a big deal, actually.

Edited by Nesferion
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nesferion said:

If that was the case, people would make all kinds of weird names, nobody would stick to them or take them seriously, and it would impact the authenticity of people and accounts in game. It would make the game worse, actually. Whereas having a price tag on the name can't make the game worse. Think about this for a moment before you reply.

I absolutely do not agree with you there. The price tag which Warframe has for name change, which is 200 platinum per change, is more than fair all things considered.

Names aren't tissue paper.

One sure way to ruin a perfectly good game, where community and accountability matter a lot, is to make names worth less than tissue paper, or free.
Where a person can have, such as I do, almost 1000 in game friends, of which almost every week a couple return back to the game and actually remember me for something good and nice that I did 2 years ago, and talk to me and ask me things.

I like to help new players; I like to keep Warframe a good experience for as many as I can.
You don't have to be a shining star and a guiding light in Waframe.

However, trust me when I tell you, if I changed my name. It would be disrespectful to all the people whom I have on my friends list and who may remember me and contact me, but otherwise wouldn't because I changed my name?

Yeah. It's a big deal, actually.

you can still do all those things it just costs 200 plat

8 minutes ago, Quest said:

you can still do all those things it just costs 200 plat

True! It's less likely to be done however, which is why that 200 platinum is a good thing. 👍

The less name changing there is, the better the game is, objectively speaking. Because this is a very social game, and think there is no need for me to repeat myself. 😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nesferion said:

True! It's less likely to be done however, which is why that 200 platinum is a good thing. 👍

The less name changing there is, the better the game is, objectively speaking. Because this is a very social game, and think there is no need for me to repeat myself. 😄

i dont care what anybody names themselves they should be able to change it whenever

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quest said:

i dont care what anybody names themselves they should be able to change it whenever

I think that would be damaging to the authenticity of all players, I can't agree with that. It's simply silly. As I stated above.
I don't see what's your reasoning behind names being changeable at will. You can't do that in real life, why would you do that in a game?
There is a process which you need to undergo should you wish to change your real name. Don't forget, and it makes sense, there is a reason behind it.

Again, as I stated, names aren't tissue paper. People are remembered by their name and associated by their name. Whatever it may be.

So long it's not offensive and against the ToS and not violating any rule in general, it's good and the person is happy with it.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-12 at 10:32 AM, NoobTubeNonsense said:

As a vet I totally agree that there are many things that are disgusting and just downright evil to everyone AKA the craft times, DE did say they will change the times to be less long after about a decade of complaints, atleast be glad everything but most cosmetics are free unlike "some" games

Another reason it is high is to discourage people from being jerks and then just changing their name to hide from people they've wronged. Sure they can still do it, but it's going to cost them. Yes there's ignore, but that's a limited amount and it doesn't keep people out of your squad. If you've seen JerkfaceMcDouchebag in chat or they were in your squad while playing at 4 AM when pubs for mission XYZ are thin, you know to leave or keep an eye on them if you see them again tomorrow.

• Like 1