The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gimmick weapon/mod concept: High multishot but each Projectile gets a random Projectile speed

Zahnrad

Was playing around with my Nataruk as usual, and a thought occurred to me. "I don't think there's a single weapon in Warframe where there is variation between when all the projectiles hit a target" (Assuming you're firing parallel at a wall or other flat surface.)

Or to put it simply, all Multishot has the exact same projectile speed.

Even if it was just an experimental one-off. I wondered what it'd be like if Multishot had different projectile speeds across its projectiles when firing.

Obviously if this were to exist, it'd have to exist within a given range. I don't want players to suffer from having hypersonic projectiles and then projectiles with 99% slow. Mostly because the latter would probably result in performance drops.

Or to put it simply, the entire payload when releasing the trigger doesn't all hit at the exact same time, it's more like a volley.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zahnrad said:

a thought occurred to me. "I don't think there's a single weapon in Warframe where there is variation between when all the projectiles hit a target"

Cool idea.  Maybe call them burst weapons! :P

Edit: burst fire reply. I hit post once, but two replies landed consecutively, lol.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I can also recommend Drakgoon and Zarr. Drakgoon projectiles ricochet unexpectedly and zarr projectiles turn into even more projectiles on impact. That should satisfy your hunger for random things flying around.

I had thought about those, but it didn't feel the same, (also Tetra joins that catagory)

To @Zahnrad,

This seems to be like a (Synoid) Simulor variant,

First, having different speed is already achieve with wide spread IE the frontal projectile (0°) is 100m/s, side projectile at 30° is 86m/s.

Second, adding wide spread with ricochet/bounce on Lato / Bronco incarnon OR my favorite funniest one : Prisma Tetra with "Kinetic Ricochet".

Synoid Simulor is still buggy nowadays but it is still a funny random projectile path at slow range...

Sounds really cool and I would want such a weapon. Also sounds like a systems crasher, in the same way, some people with negative projectile speed Kuva Drakgoon Riven builds, have talked about in times past? (I know you mentioned this too OP, to be clear), but its still where my mind goes to. 

I don't think the projectile speed is different on each projectile, but the Mandonel does give me a sort of similar sense. Maybe because its hazy cloud charged shot obscures my vision. 

Hmmm , there are very specific lock on weapons like the sepulchrum and diplos alt fire that do have a slight variation between their pathing that results in slightly different time to hit depending on how you are aiming.

The kitgun arcane pax seeker also launches seeking projectiles.

The buzlok is also close.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet said:

If you add enough - projectile speed the bullets will be shot backwards i had a kunai riven that made me throw them behind me funny stuff

Sounds tempting to go into a mission and make your teammates think you're cheating.

eww.. i prefer consistency.  Pull trigger i want to know if enemy dead then, in 1/2 a second, or in several seconds.  I don't want to guess.

for variant hit times - i didn't see someone mention Cedo.  or any alt-fire weapon that unloads its magazine in succession (like vasto incarnon, bubonico, nagantaka etc  rather than a single exploding thing.)

Edited by tucker_d_dawg

18 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

eww.. i prefer consistency.  Pull trigger i want to know if enemy dead then, in 1/2 a second, or in several seconds.  I don't want to guess.

for variant hit times - i didn't see someone mention Cedo.  or any alt-fire weapon that unloads its magazine in succession (like vasto incarnon, bubonico, nagantaka etc  rather than a single exploding thing.)

The "unload your whole mag with altfire" is a bad gimmick, that's why those weapons were not mentioned. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

The "unload your whole mag with altfire" is a bad gimmick, that's why those weapons were not mentioned. 

tenet plinx disagrees with that... but some of the mag dump mechanics annoy me - the ones that use X rounds and will not work if less than that in the mag.. IMO those should dump what they have (Hek, alternox, buzlok, corinth, etc etc too many to mention)

13 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

tenet plinx disagrees with that... but some of the mag dump mechanics annoy me - the ones that use X rounds and will not work if less than that in the mag.. IMO those should dump what they have (Hek, alternox, buzlok, corinth, etc etc too many to mention)

I think he was referring to "Fan The Hammer" types, based upon Revolvers of which I'm not a big fan of either.

I guess if that's your thing, more power to you but I feel like DE has an obsession with it, and adding it to more things just makes me less interested in weapons with it.

For example, I loved the Detron, using the Mara Detron, when the Tenet Detron came out it felt like a downgrade to me. Mostly because it was another "Fan The Hammer" type of alt fire.

But yeah, I wouldn't really consider the Plinx in that same catagory since it behaves differently. (also having a battery mag helps make it more viable)