The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - Caliban + Nova Rework

[DE]Sam

Is there any chance with the Nova rework we could get all the forma used, back? She is my main ( As many other OGs) and we didn't see this coming and to be honest with the amount of forma needed for her slow/speed builds it would only be fare. Plus I even used an aura universal forma as well and It would be nice to get that back since it won't be needed anymore. Hopefully this gets seen.

Thanks!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sykar said:

It is not capped, has not been for a long time. If you do not believe me, check the Warframe wiki, specifically Nova -> Antimatter Drop -> Bugs

Personally, I do not think that it is a bug but that is just me. At most it is a visual bug that the ingame description is not updated when ability strength is greater than 100%.

It is my trusty fixed damage ability to test vulnerability/buffs with, it is still there.

Not sure what the bug line on the wiki you mentioned is, if it is about the 8x multiplier it means that the damage you do contributes with that applied, it doesn't increase or reduce the 25k max damage. edit: it looks like str does affect the final damage, but it is still capped.

Edited by IceBen
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

When we nerf anything, we follow a set of three points:

• To reduce AFK strategies,
  • If the playstyle negatively hinders or disrupts the gameplay of others,
  • To minimize a dominant playstyle that players feel they need to play it.

Based on this explanation, can we expect to see nerfs to the interaction of Sevagoth's Reap and Sow combo with Roar subsume? It's upsetting to see others state that if you aren't using the Roar interaction to one shot nuke enemies, you are playing ineffectively. It's also a very easy AFK strategy as well.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb CosoMalvadoNG:

Let pablo cook, he can't do anything in one run.

I just want to say it. I think that's what the forum is for.

A change to recast an ability isn't the biggest job.
I've been mourning Valkyr for years, she has several problems.

1) Tau status - will it be a completely separate status like Void, or will it be triggerable by "inflict random status" abilities (Voruna, Koumei, etc) and secondary encumber?

2) Hildryn - if I subsume out her Balefire, will I still get it in her Aegis Storm?

3) Molecular Prime - "Killing Primed enemies has a 20% chance to proc Blast on nearby foes." will it scale with strength and/or with range?

13 hours ago, MrDugan said:

So Conculyst damage ISN'T going to scale with power strength?  Because that's what I'm getting from "will not scale with warframe mods."  That's fine damage for normal starchart, but will be useless in harder stuff.  That defeats the point of them being the "main damage dealer."  

Also, Fusion Strike no longer leaving a defense strip field is a straight up nerf.  That field was useful for point denial.

Current Caliban works the same. Conculysts have set damage, but strength increases a damage multiplier and health multiplier.

I'm hoping that part stays the same.

13 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

I thought Nyx and Trinity were going to receive changes with this update? Were those moved to 1999? Also, while these changes are nice, I'm concerned about the level scaling with Caliban's Sentients. Scaling with Strength mods alone only goes so far. I really think they should scale to SOME degree with current average enemy level or something to prevent them from being decimated by enemies that are level 1000+ in endless game mods. Also, his passive is not "pretty powerful." 50% damage reduction is nothing. It really should stack with Adaptation at the very least.

13 hours ago, AsffluffyZ said:

So no nyx and trinity light reworks (or pushed back)?

8 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Where's my Trinity rework 😭

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Limbo needs more than a few tweaks to be in a good state.

I'm more curious about Nyx and Trinity.  Weren't they supposed to be receiving changes with this update, or was that for 1999?  I'm thinking it was for 1999, due to their protoframes existing in that update, but I'm not sure.

Nyx and Trinity Rework was never for Koumei and the 5 Fates, it was always going to be a Warframe: 1999 addition.

10 hours ago, Spookmineer said:

I think you are stuck him being a caster.

A frame being bad at casting means it's not a caster after all, and maybe switch to weapons to support it.

If his summons don't do damage, fusion strike does nothing then what the frak makes him a caster?

Usually a caster does ranged DPS, but if the DPS isn't there, it's not a caster, is it?

10 hours ago, TKDancer said:

caliban's abilities being bad doesnt make him into a weapons platform, it makes him have to rely on weapons cause his damaging abilities do jack S#&$ for dmg, again by your own standards if inferno's dmg was bad in average play levels ember would also be delegated to being a weapons platform

Il y a 10 heures, TKDancer a dit :

you are delirious

if you think 1 debuff makes someone into a weapons platform than by your own insane standards sevagoth, ember and dante are also all weapons platforms

caliban's abilities being bad doesnt make him into a weapons platform, it makes him have to rely on weapons cause his damaging abilities do jack S#&$ for dmg, again by your own standards if inferno's dmg was bad in average play levels ember would also be delegated to being a weapons platform

I guess in your mind every single warframe is a spell caster because they have spell to cast. 🤣🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I guess in your mind every single warframe is a spell caster because they have spell to cast. 🤣🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

I think this debate here has a truth somewhere in the middle. Caliban's original kit design wasn't intending him to be a weapons platform, he was meant to get damage by Razor Gyre. With sentient Wrath and Fusion Strike being tools to increase that damage to goof proportions.

Obviously, this wasn't the case cause Razor Gyre sucked. So he was sorta pushed and forced into a weapons platform frame by force. Just off the fact that his main damage dealing ability wasn't good. So he was sorta a mix between both. 

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

What about rhino and his inability to recast his kit? Will that get the same treatment some day?

Probably. Clearly DE is going over every frame the past year and a half  and at a quicker rate then they were a year ago. Give it time. They can't rework everything at once. The fact that we are getting multiples in batches is a very good sign.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, Destroyahx87 a dit :

I think this debate here has a truth somewhere in the middle. Caliban's original kit design wasn't intending him to be a weapons platform, he was meant to get damage by Razor Gyre. With sentient Wrath and Fusion Strike being tools to increase that damage to goof proportions.

Usually, first ability are okayish as a primary damage dealing tool while progressing through the normal star chart, but get some other utility later on. Razor Gyre is (was) fun, and of course could be set up with the lingering strip defense from 4, the shield generation from 3, and could cast 2 while using ; but it was pretty obvious you could use any weapon instead of 1 (like many other bad Exalted weapon or channeled spells) and get greater results, hence why it was often removed to be replaced by any Helminth buffing even more your frame capacity, as the only late game 1's utility had was the healing which is considered by many as irrelevant on a shield gating warframe.

Then, as you had no more channeling damage ability available, Caliban was used only as a solid Weapon Plateform ; something he excelled at, considering he had aggro diversion + shield generation ; for durability ; and damage vulnerability debuff + strip defense ; for increase damage.

Caster frames are something else ; they are frames that rely exclusively on spells to do damage ; and not exalted weapons or self buff affecting exalted or weapons ; but spells directly. Like Protea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sykar said:

It is not capped, has not been for a long time. If you do not believe me, check the Warframe wiki, specifically Nova -> Antimatter Drop -> Bugs

Personally, I do not think that it is a bug but that is just me. At most it is a visual bug that the ingame description is not updated when ability strength is greater than 100%.

The dealt damage does scale with STR (and its a bad thing for speed builds) but the absorbed damage is still capped, it needs to be uncapped to match the modern standards when we can easily deal millions in AOE with no need for abilities or complex setups.

(tested it myself just now  - it doesn't absorb more than 25k no matter what)

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KingesPrime said:

Wukong finally made slam feel good, it fit the fast paced gameplay of warframe. But people cried too much and now it was nerfed? Eh, I'll still play some slam Wukong.

What I wonder tho, is why those people don't cry when I play Saryn and get 90% of the kills and damage while barely moving... 

Nevermind that tho, the companion changes, the nova changes, the Caliban changes? Absolute W from the dev team. I loved this dev workshop, all the changes are fantastic.

well yes but actually no. I would like to continue playing in serious game where people won't all time fastly spam slam like this game was parody not a serious game. I don't like that crazy thing. Should ground slam be faster? Really? Ground slam? No way.

saryn is other, she isn't making this game parody. Additionally she isn't as often chosen as wukong which is crazily popular. So it isn't surprise that u didn't notice people cry's about saryn, because where and when u would?

And additionally wukong with strong slamming weapon is way stronger than funny saryn with her poor abilities that can only strip armor on SP. Try to get 90% of the kills and damage as u are saying and show me this. I won't never believe in this on SP. Especially when many people can do way more things can saryn's abilities. But on the other hand she is really strong, but only if she is built to make synergy of her abilities and weapons and so use them all, but that means u can't just only barely moving.

Also wukong slam probably was unintended so it was sure that they will fix it sooner or later.

46 minutes ago, Destroyahx87 said:

Caliban's original kit design wasn't intending him to be a weapons platform, he was meant to get damage by Razor Gyre. With sentient Wrath and Fusion Strike being tools to increase that damage to goof proportions.

Obviously, this wasn't the case cause Razor Gyre sucked. So he was sorta pushed and forced into a weapons platform frame by force. Just off the fact that his main damage dealing ability wasn't good.

that is what i am saying, yes

Considering Koumei is the Shrine maiden of Cetus, is there any chance of her getting a Zenko/Reiki Ephemera and alternate helmet? With fox shrine maidens being popular in Japanese media, and Zenko/Reiko being the foxes that served the gods of Japan. Hell, go with a Sekiko/akagitsune theme to better fit her existing color scheme and shrine maiden status, as these were red foxes that served the goddess inari. (And are the lesser known cousins of Inari's white foxes. Those fox statues found at shrines in japan are based on Inari's white foxes according to japanese mythology)

Fashion frame for Kuomei is a MUST! - don't give her the kullervo treatment, he's been out for how long now and only has received his one alt helmet and Themed Syandana that came out back during his release. Actually alot of warframe's have had zero new skins or alt helmets made for theme and are still in need of some new fashion choices. So let's try and fix that by giving everyone who hasn't had an alternative skin made for them yet receive a new skin - with a concept planned by December 2024, even if we dont get them in game till mid 2025, let's get the ball rolling in the right direction for fashion frame! Lol

Edited by WhiteBlaze
Self critiqued, found that my initial post was less helpful then the current edit.

15 hours ago, Lohillus said:

Immediate first reaction as a Caliban main, I love all of the changes, he really needed pretty much everything he got EXCEPT why would you remove his defense strip field? That was literally his best feature who the heck though it was "awkward"?

Massive nerf to one of the 2 things he did well. All these changes mean nothing to me now because of this. Absolutely downgraded

• Like 4