Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dec 12/2013 - Ps4! & U11.3(Ugh!)

[DE]Steve

XP Distribution Changes:

Glen will post separately about this but we're going to be adjusting how 'radial/shared' XP earnings are distributed among your gear (based on use). This, along with the XP boost and Sentinel XP fixes, should mean your advancement is making a lot more sense and hasn't degraded from U10 levels.

So this is NOT happening in its current form, correct? I really hope there weren't some minor changes made and then you try to push it through anyway. I trust you guys wouldn't do that. 

3 factions is not enough imo, so Im fine with the infestation changes if you introduce another faction maybe :D

Sentient? Please?

okay imma show my newbiness here what in the void does RNG mean?

be gentle.

Random Number Generation. It's basically how drops are randomized. (well it's how everything in the game is randomized, but you only need to worry about drops). 

Stealth changes had me confused a bit. Excaliber started moving like an old man and here I thought it was a nagging Hobbled Key injury. What...unannounced changes to my Maggie! Eeek! EEeeeeK!

DE lays down proc = Pelitzarri stunned.

Thanks Steve and keep up the good work. This game still rocks more and more.Thank you for the network connection improvements!

Anyone know why Magicians tricks works so well, it is because a lot of it is based on mis-direction or distraction. Same thing with Politicians, back in the day of the Romans Emperors would distract the masses from bad things that were happening in the empire by having large exotic games to distract the masses. This game lately has sort of been that way lately, we are all going oooh and ahhhh at the upcoming new Warframe and Jungle tileset, while problems still are apparent with  the previous Warframe Valkyr like her low initial shields, Brakk's initial nerf by reducing it's range, and giving it a greater spread which for a Hand-Cannon should not even apply since it is not a shotgun, making infested resistant to fire and slash, how does that make sense, they are flesh, the only armored infested are the ancients, what were you thinking? These of course are only a few of the things that need to be fixed, don't get me wrong I love new stuff as much as the next person but to add new stuff when much of the previous new things need work does not give me a good feeling about the thought processes of the management. 

Ok, I just want to poke my head in here and say I LOVE the new way the infested are handled, but I think it's going to make warframes' issues with randomly dropping mods that only drop from specific enemies even WORSE.

And your math for the elements is just WRONG. 3 weakness/ type * 4 types = 12 elements. You have 13. Plus physical, basic, and complex elements aren't really comparable anyway.

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

The PINK Galatine of Buffing xD

i lol'd

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:

The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.

I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

Please bring resistances back to logic. Magnetic vs Corpus, Fire & Slash vs Infested, etc

That's all i need.

Actually somewhat liked the changes that 11.3 initially brought but agree with the above they need to make sense. In that regard magnetic shouldn't be hurting flesh, toxin shouldn't hurt robotics etc.

Fire/slash not hurting infested when they are flesh didn't make sense.

Would almost like 2 different dmg sets based one logical /one for masses but probably won't happen (although I could see it exclusive to nightmare or something)

What's interesting with the infested invasions is they aren't just standard exterminate missions. They retain the previous level's mission type. I like this. The infested "infest" a level, and you need to keep playing that level until the infested have been eliminated and restored to the previous faction's control. It's dynamic and awesome. The variety of mission types also makes it more enjoyable. 

My one suggestion is this. It is extremely obvious that the level is an invasion from the icon on the planet and the battle pay. So instead of saying "invasion" as the mission type, say the mission type that you will actually be doing, such as defense/survival etc. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it an Invasion mission. The infested had already invaded and taken over. If anything it should be called a "Purge" mission. It would be helpful to see the actual mission type for each infested level from the star chart. 

To further star chart notes I find it frustrating having to hover over each node to find a number showing that other players currently are playing there.

Could nodes that have people in lobbys or in game have another colour to those which don't? it would save a HEAP of time.

So Steve, greetings! ...i have a question for you.

I would like to see you explain, in detail, how is it that this will ever benefit any user :

Network Bandwidth Optimizations:
Sadly the programmer that checked in network bandwidth reduction (me) didn't call it out in the change notes! Clients are sending half the data they used to. Host outgoing bandwidth has been reduced by 30-40%. These changes help bandwidth and CPU time for hosts.

... ever since this last update i have been having serious lag, everywhere either hosting on going in someones host session, it's basically the same, i used to have a frame rate around 64 to 52 fps playing solo and arouns 58 to 38 fps in some other person session or with other players with me hosting, now ever since the update i have a more stable fps rate but a low rate all the time. either alone or not.

So saying: " Host outgoing bandwidth has been reduced by 30-40%. These changes help bandwidth and CPU time for hosts."

... obviously isn't enough, whatever changes done relating this, should deserve a more detailed and proper explanation. 

Changes made probably will, in those terms generate more lag other than actually help anything. But maybe i am complately wrong.

and aside this, ... thanks for all the goodies and content you guys have been giving to all of us.

Best regards.

I just had to spend plat on Dojo mats, to keep up with demand for people wanting to get into the clan, nothing like knowing your PC account has all the mats you would ever need for the Dojo and you can't get to it.

So PC to PS4 copy can we get a ballpark like weeks off, months off, sometime in year 2145.

First of all,

Thanks Steve for the being honest and putting it all out (almost). Congratulations are in order for this awesome game and for U11 which was for the best part awesomeeee! But... there's always a but... 

This whole Damage 2.0 thing was a good move and necessary move but now it's a huge mess... i don't even feel like playing till u guys come up with a final solution. Changing builds every other week for all weapons and for all the Warframes!? Really!? It's beyond frustrating!

The Infested change i kinda understand and honestly get the idea behind it but it was imo a really bad move. 

If the Infested was a new faction called Infested it would have been fine but doing it like this was a great way to &!$$ players off. The infested nodes were our favourites... of most players i believe, they were the reason to play regular missions on the starmap... now we lost Xini, Cyath and Palus!? What? U wanted for players to play in the Orokin voids and in the Derelicts!? The Orokin Voids droptables are all messed up (again!) and the Derelicts are only good for the Corrupted mods soo.... bad move with the infested thing!

Regarding the warframe buffs... please, please be kind. Take a hard good look at Valkyr and the others that are in need. It's simply redic. to build a frame and level it up just to play with it for a couple of days (the same happened with Nekros) cause of her really &#!-low shields. The best looking warframes are simply lacking in stats (Valkyr and Nekros imo), so take in account some of the players tips before releasing the new one this week. 

P.s. Whats up with the armor in this game!? Does it work or doesn't it work!? i really really can't understand why u guys insist with a armor system for the frames that doesn't work.

Still love the Devs and this game but u guys really need to stop with this crap... 

A commited player. 

Edited by Bazools

First of all,

Thanks Steve for the being honest and putting it all out (almost). Congratulations are in order for this awesome game and for U11 which was for the best part awesomeeee! But... there's always a but... 

This whole Damage 2.0 thing was a good move and necessary move but now it's a huge mess... i don't even feel like playing till u guys come up with a final solution. Changing builds every other week for all weapons and for all the Warframes!? Really!? It's beyond frustrating!

The Infested change i kinda understand and honestly get the idea behind it but it was imo a really bad move. 

If the Infested was a new faction called Infested it would have been fine but doing it like this was a great way to &!$$ players off. The infested nodes were our favourites... of most players i believe, they were the reason to play regular missions on the starmap... now we lost Xini, Cyath and Palus!? What? U wanted for players to play in the Orokin voids and in the Derelicts!? The Orokin Voids droptables are all messed up (again!) and the Derelicts are only good for the Corrupted mods soo.... bad move with the infested thing!

Regarding the warframe buffs... please, please be kind. Take a hard good look at Valkyr and the others that are in need. It's simply redic. to build a frame and level it up just to play with it for a couple of days (the same happened with Nekros) cause of her really &#!-low shields. The best looking warframes are simply lacking in stats (Valkyr and Nekros imo), so take in account some of the players tips before releasing the new one this week. 

P.s. Whats up with the armor in this game!? Does it work or doesn't it work!? i really really can't understand why u guys insist with a armor system for the frames that doesn't work.

Still love the Devs and this game but u guys really need to stop with this crap... 

A commited player. 

I know that the devs have been changing things frequently, implamenting new types of play and losing control of a few things. But I'm sure if we give them our patience and support they will straiten things out and find a solution that works great. They just need time. Maybe it's a good time to take a short break, but pay attention to the announcements for events and etc. A wise man once said "Stop doing something and you will become more fond of it" (Or something along those lines) Besides it's getting close to christmas, so maybe show your family a little more attention! =)

I love a lot of what you guys are doing (particularly the new melee system, HUD, and warframe).

I gotta admit, though, that my favorite part of the post was this one:

We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

Galatine of Buffing... XD

Edit: Aside from putting a smile on my face, the Galatine of Buffing is really needed. I'm glad to see you guys shifting your focus from the powerful frames to the weaker ones (aka the frames that need the attention more). Keep up the good work DE!

Edited by castem