Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dec 12/2013 - Ps4! & U11.3(Ugh!)

[DE]Steve

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

You have outed Scott as public enemy number one. I feel pity for the man.

11.3 Ugh:

There is so much badass stuff in 11.3 but I wanted to drop in and apologize for the violent changes in 11.3 that we did not communicate ahead of time. That was stupid. We are pretty bullish about change and challenging the status quo but you deserve fair warning and dialogue when big stuff is coming like say... I dunno removing an entire faction (sort of).

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

Next Week:

The Jungle! A Warframe! We'll be showing off treats on tomorrow's livestream!

Hooray for catframes, damage 2.2 and most importantly Beards!

Thanks for the communication! 

As a relatively new player(~a month) and someone who spends a lot of hours/money(For me) in this game I really hope "you guys" keep improving in the ways that might currently be slightly lacking.(AKA: communication about such changes and some replies in the bug forums wouldn't be bad(I reported some things but have no clue if it's on the backlog or anything)) 

Beyond that, looking forward to what the future brings!

Soon

It is Soon(™) and that belongs to EVE online. shush! away with you! *Throws a steak far away*

Perhaps an "Alert" thread with known issues that affect damage/durability for weapons, frames, and enemies so that players don't lose their cool?

As an EVE player for several years now, I can tell you that no matter the amount of communication(Which CCP Games generally do a ton), there will always be rage.

But good communication and warnings/alerts before hand could help with some people losing their cool.

Some thing they might learn from CCP Games is making a feedback thread before said change, and taking in the feedback people are giving before the change so to make sure some things are changed before release so they aren't broken/boring once released.(Invasion map #25...ugh...)

11.3 Ugh:

There is so much badass stuff in 11.3 but I wanted to drop in and apologize for the violent changes in 11.3 that we did not communicate ahead of time. That was stupid. We are pretty bullish about change and challenging the status quo but you deserve fair warning and dialogue when big stuff is coming like say... I dunno removing an entire faction (sort of).

Infestation/Outbreaks:

We've got a lot of great/angry/polite feedback on the changes and we're listening and acting on them quickly. We're going to continue to tune the invasions and outbreaks - internally we are sharply divided on the Infestation change - but I hope you can bear with us as we work on improving it. I think the dynamics within the solar chart are refreshing in concept... execution needs work. There are straight up progression bugs and such that are getting fixed immediately.

Warframe Buffs:

Next Week:

1. Just give us an Infested planet already. Let it be a really difficult something with 35-40 mobs I don't know. Right now you basically just killed what 80% of the people used to play on. The Derelicts are not a replacement.

2. Atleast something seems to be going right.

3. Not sure what to think, tbdh.

Cross-play/Rainbow Bridge (sad emoticon):

So this sucks. It's about 95% our fault too. We *still* haven't got the builds synchronized and it won't be happening this month. For those anxious to migrate your accounts, I'm sorry we sucked at this. Much of this is just slashing migration flexibility in order to make launch. The team is looking at possible ways to migrate when the builds are out of sync. I will update when I know more... I know it sounds like hot air, but we all are still committed to getting cross-play working. The agony is staring at certification time and holding back updates on PC.

Honestly I would be OK with delayed patch releases if it meant playing with my fellow tenno that prefer the controller to the Mouse and Keyboard

-snip-

Cross-play/Rainbow Bridge (sad emoticon):

So this sucks. It's about 95% our fault too. We *still* haven't got the builds synchronized and it won't be happening this month. For those anxious to migrate your accounts, I'm sorry we sucked at this. Much of this is just slashing migration flexibility in order to make launch. The team is looking at possible ways to migrate when the builds are out of sync. I will update when I know more... I know it sounds like hot air, but we all are still committed to getting cross-play working. The agony is staring at certification time and holding back updates on PC.

-snip-

i must say, in the long run holding back pc updates would be the better choice, sure it will suck for the first set or two but it will also give you guys more time to fix things in the future. as well, it would seem like as time passes it would be back to normal updates, even if the update being released has been done for quite some time. well, just my thought on that. would be fun to be all one huge community :D

Just gotta say despite the oddities of the update - I'm having the most fun playing Warframe right now than I've had in a while (in reference particularly to the Penta). And although  I will miss old Xini, Mimas, and Kappa, both the invasions and faction vs faction battles have exponentially increased the Warframe universe to epic proportions. What I mean by that is, even during Gradivus, it felt like we Tenno were a few hundred divided against each other in just one o two locations. Now with well over 10 nodes (omg so many whyyyy) it's become easy to fully grasp the size of the community as all these nodes sway back and forth. And it's a pretty cool feeling to be a part of that and truly appreciate its size. 

It's good to know that so many good things are happening with these updates, but is there any other way that we can decide on the fate of the rainbow bridge? I know a lot of people have been inquiring about the upcoming account migration and a lot of people actually chose the Ps4 over the Xbox One due to the exclusivity of warframe, and a lot of those people are refusing to play on their ps4's and pay for platinum until the account migration option is up and running. I do believe that holding back a few pc updates in order to unify your two separate communities would be a good strategy. At least let us vote on it as a community. 

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:

The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.

I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

Warframe Buffs:

This is all I wanted to hear.  Thank you.

Just gotta say despite the oddities of the update - I'm having the most fun playing Warframe right now than I've had in a while (in reference particularly to the Penta). And although  I will miss old Xini, Mimas, and Kappa, both the invasions and faction vs faction battles have exponentially increased the Warframe universe to epic proportions. What I mean by that is, even during Gradivus, it felt like we Tenno were a few hundred divided against each other in just one o two locations. Now with well over 10 nodes (omg so many whyyyy) it's become easy to fully grasp the size of the community as all these nodes sway back and forth. And it's a pretty cool feeling to be a part of that and truly appreciate its size. 

I disagree to the fullest. I hate the invasions. The only thing I like about it is the rewards, which may take well over a week to actually get, if not longer.

I miss the old infested planets and nodes, and see no point in the invasion mechanic exept to annoy the living hell out of me(and others)

It would be fine if it was 1 non-boss node that got attacked per faction at a time(and infested keeping their planets) with some reward like now. Then I wouldn't mind doing the 5 missions per map. But 5 missions per map with like 15 nodes? I got bored after doing the 3rd node, at the 5th I quit and started playing EVE online lvl 4 PVE.

11.3 Ugh:

Infestation/Outbreaks:

We've got a lot of great/angry/polite feedback on the changes and we're listening and acting on them quickly. We're going to continue to tune the invasions and outbreaks - internally we are sharply divided on the Infestation change - but I hope you can bear with us as we work on improving it. I think the dynamics within the solar chart are refreshing in concept... execution needs work. There are straight up progression bugs and such that are getting fixed immediately.

Warframe Buffs:

XP Distribution Changes:

Glen will post separately about this but we're going to be adjusting how 'radial/shared' XP earnings are distributed among your gear (based on use). This, along with the XP boost and Sentinel XP fixes, should mean your advancement is making a lot more sense and hasn't degraded from U10 levels.

Next Week:

Now back to the code/tables for me, while I scratch my pathetic beard regrowth.

1. I miss the infested... the whole only being able to kill them in an invasion sucks.

2. Keep that hammer away from Scott! (The poor guy under the bus again....) More Buffs! More equalization! 

3. The EXP changes are going to suck for Melee... when is melee getting changed? Any time before this new exp system comes out? 

4. Yay jungleee! Omg warframe! Yayyy Treats! I shall be bouncing in my seat for the livestream. 

1. Just give us an Infested planet already. Let it be a really difficult something with 35-40 mobs I don't know. Right now you basically just killed what 80% of the people used to play on. The Derelicts are not a replacement.

^ This.... jungle planet full of infested... with creepy plants taken over by the virus... maybe even watching as the get morphed.... 

sorry got a day dreaming... :3