Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proportionate Shared Xp

[DE]Glen

To be frank, this isn't a good fix. This doesn't do anything to fix the leaching issue. And this doesn't fix wasted experience (which players should be allowed to manipulate, and it shouldn't be allowed to be acceptable by the devs). This could possibly assist with forma'ing weapons, if we use it exclusively, it might level a little faster (unless it's ammo inefficient, and i'm forced to switch before I can add mods to help with that). But you're making the least fun part of this game worse, and you've already been hemorrhaging players for a while now due to no end game. This is just making the already thin ice crack a little more.

Do you really want to spend hours leveling a weapon you don't even like? I mean really?

This is the part DE seems to be overlooking. Realism is being sacrificed in a lot of areas already, why not sacrifice it to make the gameplay experience more enjoyable for your player base?

Edited by Sumnus

It will make levelling slower. You game balancing guys did a mistake.

Did you calculate the less exp you will get from killing lower levelled enemies?

Before: 4-Mann group with rank 30 primaries and lets say rank 3 secondary weapons went to kill high level enemies.

Now: 4-Mann group who must use their rank 3 secondary weapons must go to low level enemies.

Result: Less EXP from low level enemies! You compared the high level enemy exp and did not change it to low level!

I like the idea behind it.

But I have to partially agree with some of the comments made. This might be detrimental to the team experience due to teammates using lvl 0-10 stuff not killing anything, while I am using lvl 30 4 forma potato weapon killing everything where I do 97% damage and the rest of the team does 1% because they are leveling weapons that do not do nearly enough damage.

I hope it doesn't end that way, but it is a definite possibility that should be watched very carefully.

Edited by BrainInvader

How's that any different than it is now? You can contribute nothing and get XP either way.

Does that mean you admit / see there is an issue with XP leeching right now and even more with the upcomming update?

Is it something you want to adress in future updates?

I understand what you are trying to archieve with the change mentioned in this thread and I agree. But it doesn't seem like you want to adress the problems the community is having right now with XP. That is that leeching is a more effective way to gain XP.

So far I saw no one of DE stating that they see XP leeching as a problem and that they are whilling / trying to change that. It doesn't even seem like you created this thread to discuss about that specific topic. Nevetheless, everyone is expressing how they dislike leeching being so effective in comparison to killing enemies with your own Warframe abilities or level 30 gear.

I would really appreciate a comment on that matter.

Edited by Gekker

But running Earth node 8 times is still less desiderable than getting one kill with your peashooter on Sedna and then finish the map powerspamming your way to extraction

Or just letting the sentinel do your job

Just for clarification: Are you equating the XP gained from 8 average runs on Earth with a single kill on Sedna? Or am I just not picking up on your hyperbole? I dunno.

Do you really want to spend hours leveling a weapon you don't even like? I mean really?

I think this perfectly brings us back to the root of the whole problem Gen.

Why are there piles of useless weapons in this game that are simply there for the almost-equally-useless mastery ranks?

That's how it should be. No one should be grinding T3s with half S#&$ gear as they are now. It's just logical, albeit harder to level. Buff exp rates, buff melee to make this system fit.

Nah. It is not really that great a change. People are still going to leech with sh*t gear in T3's  like that. You're not too bright if you think this fixes anything, it sure wont fix laziness. Difference is, now they aren't going to be killing much. They are going to hang around with a thumb up their &#! plugging away with a mediocre or crap gun to score a small handful of kills on enemies you weaken and then they'll ditch on you early because they can't get further then wave 5 easily.

This fixes nothing. It just makes old issues even more annoying.

(+1) Are you saying you didn't enjoy leveling the ceramic dagger, skana, or cronus? Are you saying you had more fun using other better weapons instead of crappy melee/sidearms/primaries? CRAZY! How can anyone not enjoy leveling all these amazing(ly bad) weapons!

It's funny because I maxed embolist before it was kind of sort of good and I actually found it fun. I pretended to be flamboyant weak man who had to mace all the unfeeling brutes about to oppress him.

Edited by General_Krull

You want to know how I leveled up my punching/kicking, daggers, swords AKA all the useless melee junk ?

I was teaming up with a friend of mine during the double/quad exp weekend. The only reason I'm mastery rank 14 is because of us having great team-play together.

We were playing Cyath for over 8 hours a day, alternating the Molecular Prime skill from Nova killing things over and over.

I would have never gotten this far if I had to use the melee weapon itself..

That's the point, I think. The new system discourages you to level weapons in areas of the solar system that its not fit for yet. Those powerlevel hotspots are mostly in high level areas because the xp gain per enemy is greater. That's why everyone always went there. The system seems to want to discourage that and encourage playing on nodes that are more appropriate for the gear you're leveling. The weapon usage/shared xp funneling mechanic not taking into account, does it make things level slower than before? No doubt. Is it a justified change to curb power leveling? Yeah.

Now the game is ready for that affinity amp aura.

I look forward to leeching in your games. Hope you like Bastille.

The thing you are either not understanding or refusing to believe is that regardless of what DE does, people are still going to choose the path of least resistance and do what's easiest for them. You WILL see a lot more people running around getting single kills and doing nothing else to contribute.

why not just make it a kill count for each weapon so the whole mastery concept can actually make sense.

That would actually solve a lot of problems. Like have x amount of kills to unlock full mastery and then after you can keep using it to get stat boosts to it. It would also make solo leveling viable and eliminate exp scaling problem entirely. 

That's why it won't happen.

Just for clarification: Are you equating the XP gained from 8 average runs on Earth with a single kill on Sedna? Or am I just not picking up on your hyperbole? I dunno.

I'm equating the XP gained from 8 speedruns of any Earth node with a single kill on sedna with your unranked weapon to finish the level powerspamming your way to completion.

The latter is just as frustrating as the former. And gives you the same result. The only variable is time.

It will make levelling slower. You game balancing guys did a mistake.

Did you calculate the less exp you will get from killing lower levelled enemies?

Before: 4-Mann group with rank 30 primaries and lets say rank 3 secondary weapons went to kill high level enemies.

Now: 4-Mann group who must use their rank 3 secondary weapons must go to low level enemies.

Result: Less EXP from low level enemies! You compared the high level enemy exp and did not change it to low level!

Yes i really don't get from where they find this ideas.

im curious, have you guys at DE encountered "hallway heroes"? they're basically people that run off and away from the objective (in either defense) to kill things for experience on their own; usually far enough away that the people at the objective wont get that experience without also leaving it. if you have, have you considered any kind of solution for people doing that? (it is not an infrequent occurrence)

I've had this happen all day today.. it's a shame and needs to be stopped asap.

On the topic tho.. I think it's a great idea.. but I agree with everyone that melee weapons will be the hardest hit with this new type of exp. I think if you have a melee weapon on it should still get 10% exp.. even if you don't use it.. and than when you do the exp will jump etc. Unless DE can fix up the melee system.. I don't think melee exp is going to go over well with anyone. However, for primary and secondary... this is an amazing idea. It's a shame that 25 pct for warframes is still wasted.. but that's fine. 

How about this, instead of this mess make ALL kills have a 25% split between frame, primary, pistol and melee, and whatever gets the kill gets an extra 50% bonus XP to it. So get a kill with a frame, XP is 75% Frame, 25% Primary, 25% Secondary, 25% Melee. Lets say an enemy gives 100 XP, if you get a kill with your Soma, soma gets 75 XP, then Secondary, Melee and Frame get 25 XP EACH (150 in total). If a teammate gets a kill, the standard split we have now. This would reduce the grind by such a substantial amount, and everyone would be encouraged to kill fast and kill many, instead of sitting around and doing nothing.

Edited by N7Arthur

How about this, instead of this mess make ALL kills have a 25% split between frame, primary, pistol and melee, and whatever gets the kill gets an extra 50% bonus XP to it. So get a kill with a frame, XP is 75% Frame, 25% Primary, 25% Secondary, 25% Melee. Lets say an enemy gives 100 XP, if you get a kill with your Soma, soma gets 75 XP, then Secondary, Melee and Frame get 25 XP EACH. If a teammate gets a kill, the standard split we have now.

Shhh! That's a simple solution that would work! Shhh!

My quote button seems to be broken, but Blatentfool has summed it up quite nicely.

This will not improve anything, and those leeching will contribute less.

Constructive thoughts :

- Double bonus XP when you kill with a weapon, to encourage use, but leave the passive XP in place.

- New proposed system, but at least half the XP required to get a weapon to 30.

- New proposed system, and then again half the amount required for melee weapons.

- Let my Warframe kills on a 30'd frame be shared amongst my weapons, so at least I can boost some items solo.

- Release the affinity Aura for plat only with this change.

The last one is a joke, please DE understand that!!

Very Bad Idea....

No, really, very bad idea.

Some weapons are so weak, you're pretty much forced to level them up by Team XP. For example, Ankyros... I couldn't kill ANYTHING with my Ankyros until it was at least level 15 before I could fit Fury and Pressure Point on it.

Now, after this change.... leveling up unranked stuff will be nearly impossible. How do you level, say, Afuris that's unranked? You're never going to kill anything with it at all unless you go back to Mercury.

At least before, I could take it to Xini... and then get 4-5 levels in one mission THEN stick a mod on it.