Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Livestream #20

[DE]Rebecca

Will something be done to make better use of Forma other than just being able to add an extra polarity slot that basically just let's you rank up your Warframe/Weapon further?  

I've put over 220+ hours into Warframe and have only used Forma once. I feel like there is not enough intensive for me to Forma something when i have to level it up all over again just to get an extra polarity spot, i feel like Forma is overrated.

A suggestion to help make Forma more important to use would be that you will receive half of the XP you would normally get when ranking your Warframe/Weapon for the first time, instead of getting no XP when you Forma your item.

Question time!

1st question: Have you thought about Derf Anyo?

2nd question: Now, if you have, or if that question made you think about Derf, would you put him as a boss to the Eris, or random encounter like Harvester (what stalker?)

3rd question: Will we ever see the Prova Vandal again?

4th question: Will we ever get another chance at the other Vandal weaponns, excluding Braton and Lato?

5th question: Will we see Lanka Vandal anytime soon?

6th question: Is this a question?

7th question: How can you trigger Harvester?

8th question: Who is the next prime warframe?

9th question: Will there be a new faction? Ever? If there will be, do you have any concept art of them? If you do, can you show us?

10th question: Tetris Theme. Type A or Type B? Or maybe the more unknown Type C? This was the game, that got me in to the gaming, so I wanted to ask about your opinions. I'm a Type A guy myself.

Why do you insist on making every weapon viable? Why can we not have a tier system (based on mastery?)? One day we will be swimming in weapons with barely any differences between them. Might as well get to it soon.

Are you going to do something about the mod system? As I'm sure you are well aware, there are many interesting mods that are pushed aside because of straight up damage/health/shields type upgrades, essentially limiting what mods the player ACTUALLY use. Give warframes several tabs that hold different type of mods, split between ability/energy modifiers (flow, stretch, etc), survivability and utility to allow us some actual choices.
This goes for weapons as well. Serration type mods might as well be locked in, no one in their right mind wouldn't use it.

Edit : And in fact something much more important than those two combined : What are your plans to make the game fun? I know that is heavy and sounds very mean, but.... All there is (and this is no joke) is the grind. Grind with tonnes of RNG built into it. I like having RNG to some extent, but don't make the ENTIRE game about it. Make enemies drop much more credits than the end of mission-reward, give them better AI, make sure EVERY run in towers/derelicts are atleast somewhat worth it, don't hand out a trillion reaper prime handles to someone who already has it. Dynamic events, enviromental hazards, stuff for us to do and not just rush to the exit (I'm looking at you, Nightmare mode).

Edited by Tarudizer

How do you plan on changing melee blocking into something useful? Will you consider giving it extra utility like allowing players to withstand knockdown attacks (e.g. Infested Ancients and Shield Lancers,), debuffs (Disruption, bullet procs,) and increasing its damage mitigation? How about timed blocking attached to the upcoming dedicated melee mode, where blocking a second or so before an enemy attacks will be more effective than simply holding down the block key?

Will the upcoming "charge attack combos" offer any additional functionality, or are they just something to take players' minds off of the fact that all they use are charge attacks? What are the actal benefits of using dedicated melee?

Can we get a bar that shows the HP of the extractor while selecting the extractor?

How's the Reputation System coming along?

Are you going to give more info on the Harvester?

Show us more Melee 2.0!!!

New Warframe, tile sets, hints please!!

P.s. I copied some of the questions from my fellow Tenno's here.

Now that the game is rated Mature 17+, can we expect to have more detailed blood effects (APEX blood has been mentioned by Geoff almost one year ago)?

Also:

sLjEXcd.jpg

omg you.... (splater house?)

They added gore cause of yu in the first place....

i remember that pic with bloody toys lol

yu freakin blood thirsty

and yes we were suposed to get apex blood

edit:

ontopic

Would we be able to have the old test system loadout, where youcould give a name to your frame loadout and save it?

Edited by Tsoe

1. Will we ever see a return to Pull v.2 for Mag? Pull v.3 looks cool and does decent damage, but it lost synergy with her kit. I'd rather have v.2's CC and no damage. Crush is her one ability that needs damage anyway.

2. Valkyr's Ripline and Hysteria are great, but Warcry and Paralysis seem weak. Will we see a buff soon? Paralysis could at least use a longer stun time and larger radius. I feel like Ripline could be feel a little more responsive, and I wish Hysteria had unique melee animations.

3. How do you feel about adding gameplay elements that feel more like a heist? I thought it would be interesting if each player has a very specific role to play in a mission that is chosen and defined in the lobby stage. Crafted gear could add to this and the mission could be played out in unique stages.

Question :

1: What do you think about "Stealth Mission" x2 XP than normal ??

2: I think we're need more the kind of mission other !!

3: Make more decorations and rooms in dojo. !!!

4: Make boss Bigger like  Lephantis, it's make me and my team excited and solidarity to kill it

Edited by Zak3n

-please explain more about the continuous fire weapons dmg calculation, that just was recently applied (U11.6).

-what is the harvester? is it a mini boss like the stalker? please talk about it.

-will there be other fractions and other solar systems?

Some of the questions which build up after a while:

-3rd helmets? Coz it's time.

-New cosmetics? Sandanas are cool but is that all?

-Infested boss addition\rework? The inf's could use some love right now

-World Expansion? We running out of space.Literally.

-Storyline? Aside from events and some of the boss fights,there is no world interaction.More lore would be nice.

-Stalker reimage? He got level up, but still look like Excalibur evil twin. 

-New faction? It's not like there are only grineer,corpus,infested and tenno in the universe,right?(more stalker-like beings?)

-Enemy warframes? Zanuka Project showed it's possible.

Edited by Gold_Experience

I meant to ask for a while:

How do the fan concept forums work? I mean do you just leave it as it is, wait for a topic/post to reach high votes or you have someone frequently checking it for ideas that would be used in-game?

Also:

A display for sentinel vitals like health and shield within mission? Maybe consumables to repair/replace a damaged/destroyed sentinel?

I for one would make it so sentinels do not explode into nothingness, but a wreck remains on the ground - easier to digest a repair kit that gives you back your sentinel than rebuilding it from scratch. I mean sure, you can explain it by a "spare sentinel" but then why not use 2 of those from the get go if you had 2 sentinel on you, right?

Anyways, more info on the sentinel and more control it's survival would be nice.

Also a balancing for sentinel weapons (sweeper and stinger are the only good ones dps wise) and their abilities would be nice.

A Carrier with a sweeper/stinger on is actually useful but nothing big. Only problem is that when I have the others on I feel like I have forgotten to bring a sentinel...

If it's carrier, well it's cool but the others are weak as hell compared to it. Item pickup is very useful but apart from Shade's Ghost (which works in a pretty erratic way sometimes), the other sentinels' are gravely lacking in usefulness. I sometimes see Dethcube on those that still like it's ability's flashy nature but actually Wyrm, Dethcube and Djinn were all pretty much disappointments - and not just compared to the others.

- q86d.png -

I think in the dojo we should have A spawn room. Go in pick what or who you wanna kill, how many you want or the option to create A spawn rate. Just an idea.

Check the Simulation room chapter here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/

Is that what you meant?

Edited by K_Shiro

1.) Are there any plans to address the atrocious loading and frame-rate issues on PS4? The "slide-show" hyperbole is undeservedly thrown out there quite a bit these days, but Warframe truly turns into a slide-show after about 25 minutes of Survival or 25 rounds of Defense. Don't even get me started on Mobile Defense in the Void. The load times are unbearable as well. I see videos of PC players loading into missions in 1-2 seconds. What's up with that?

2.) Are there any plans to reverse the absolutely horrendous default settings on PS4? The melee camera stuff is ridiculous to begin with, but the fact that it's actually the default setting is just unbelievable. Same goes for the auto-aim and "hold jump to wall run." Did anyone at DE even test this game with a controller? It's utterly ridiculous that the first thing that every new player needs to do is go into Options and reverse all of the terrible default settings.

3.) Are there any plans to address the maddening "strict NAT" issues that so many people run in to? I've been playing online games for many years and Warframe is the first one I've ever encountered that has these problems. I had never even heard of "strict NAT" before this game. Why can I play every other online game on the planet without issue, but I had to troubleshoot for hours and learn how to forward ports on my router for Warframe? Something fishy is going on here. It's not us, it's you.

4.) Are there any plans to make the game more approachable to new players? I get the feeling that DE and all these long-time Design Council PC types are completely out of touch with how daunting Warframe is to those picking it up for the first time. Absolutely critical gameplay systems are never even mentioned in-game, and those do get mentioned are not explained thoroughly at all. When I initially picked Excalibur I figured that I could switch over to Loki or Mag at any time. When I did my first Capture mission I had no idea that "capture" actually meant "shoot/slice until dead." I wasted hundreds of mods by selling them before I knew that duplicates could be used for Fusion, then hundreds more before I knew that it's more beneficial to fuse mods of the same polarity. Never mind the hours of frustrating melee combat I experienced before I figured out that I needed to disable the ridiculous default settings. These things need to be explained in-game. You shouldn't have to be a Wiki Warrior to be successful in a game like Warframe.

5.) Are there any plans to begin employing an actual QA team? I've only been playing for a couple of months now and I'm already sick of serving as DE's QA. You guys just throw changes at the wall and see what sticks. That is not the appropriate way to treat your players, many of whom have spent actual money on your product. This "beta" nonsense needs to stop. Warframe is only a beta in Steve Sinclair's head. To everyone else this is a shipped product that is, in many ways, utterly broken. If DE truly can't design game systems without large amounts of user data, then there needs to be a separate, opt-in client to handle the beta. Just like Blizzard does with World of Warcraft. Some people might be interested in being on the cutting edge of game content, but most of us are not. We want to play a polished product that works as intended. Warframe is not that. Not by a longshot. Speaking of which...

6.) Are there any plans to stop arbitrarily mucking around with perfectly functional game systems and fix what you already have? Damage 2.0 was bad enough, but now I hear that DE is planning on completely overhauling melee combat as well? Seriously? How about, I dunno, fixing your terrible netcode first? Fixing the embarrassing frame-rate issues? Fixing the "strict NAT" nonsense? Fixing Star Map navigation? Fixing Vauban crashing the entire party's game? Fixing the overcomplicated, convoluted mess known as Damage 2.0? Fixing the maddening melee bug when you get knocked down? Fixing your Titan Extractor being whisped away to a different planet than the one you selected? Fixing the frustrating clipping issues where you fall through the geometry and are forced to use a revive? Fixing the parkour movement so that it's no longer clunky and unreliable? Fixing [insert one of any of the other hundreds of game-breaking bugs here]? 

7.) Your game is already out, whether you want it to be or not. Are there any plans to fix that before you go and completely overhaul more game systems, breaking who knows what else in the process? It's nice that Steve and the rest of the creative team are continuing to support the game, but they are truly out of touch if they think that the problems facing this game will be fixed by adding more new Warframes or completely overhauling some of the few game systems that actually worked in the first place. DE's programmers need the time to "catch up" and fix the game that you already shipped. Please stop trying to create an entirely new one! At least wait until the one you have actually works first.

Edited by (PS4)molnizzle