Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Livestream #20

[DE]Rebecca

1. Endgame was a big priority in earlier livestreams but we haven't heard much about it in the recent past. What kinds of things do you have in mind to retain the long term players who have hundreds of hours invested and are running out of things to do? I think something like the endgame map system in Path of Exile would be awesome in Warframe.

2. Websites like dpsframe make it very clear there are weapons, like the synapse and flux rifle, which have equal mastery requirements, which are not balanced with each other. The synapse does twice as much DPS and essentially is an upgrade when it should be a sidegrade. Is there any effort towards balancing weapons so that the DPS between similar tiered weapons will be nearly equal but their effectiveness towards certain enemies is more or less? (The flux rifle does less DPS than the regular braton... which has no mastery requirement)

3. Will we ever be able to sell resources for credits? It would help with end game fusion for those of us left trying to max every mod out but have nothing left to build.

4. Trading was once proposed as "captain Vor's consignment store" which was, as I understood it, was anonymous and worked similar to something like Guild Wars 2 auction house system, but has been implemented as a personal semi-barter trade-chat-spam system. Is Captain Vor's consignment store right around the corner, or was it scrapped in favor of the current system?

Two questions:

1. Is there ever going to be some sort of upgraded damage model to enemies(And maybe warframes)? I see some grineer(And bosses) spawn with or without their helmets/visors. So will we ever see enemies like bosses and heavy gunners/bombards/napalmers or even Corpus proxies who's helmets/chest plates and other pieces can be blown off to lower armor rating or give us an easier weak-spot to hit? Perhaps even inhibit movement or blow off/damage certain weapons like, say, Raptor's missile bay being damaged so the boss can no longer fire those during the fight?

2. Warframe is one big dungeon crawler, so will there ever be a mission like the Cicero Event which requires the Tenno to go through a large area that keeps going which has the squad completing multiple objectives and defeating boss after boss? Such as, say, a Spy going into a defense where the four data masses are plugged into a machine provided by the lotus to corrupt them, then going around in a mobile defense section to unlock some sort of door to a facility. Then you proceed through those doors and into a boss fight of some sort? Something lengthy and intense to give us a break from all the T3's and OD missions?

Edited by Katzenwolf

1. Ps4 players are starting to feel increasingly unwanted to this game. Between the back and forth about Update progress vs Sony Certification process, we are confused. Are there people on your team dedicated to bringing us up to date and in sync with the PC players, or are we just an afterthought of "when there's time to work on us." motif. 

2. If and when the Rainbow Bridge arrives, is the plan to keep the builds symbiotic and cross play constantly open, or will this be a matter of when the moons are right?

3. Since things like the Founders Program and past events have come and gone before Ps4 even had launched, are their plans to give us any future "exclusive" content? (Something Separate then PC, not Prime access.) 

How much time is being dedicated to monitoring ongoing changes and tweaks to existing warframes?

Volt got the buff treatment and then hasn't been really touched.

Now Ember and Valkyr have experienced some changes that have generated some discussion, with complaints including that the changes were made in the wrong direction.

There are also some much more minor things, such as Oberon's Hallowed Ground looking quite frankly a bit tacky with the squareness and border lines.

Are these being addressed?

Steam achievements show that the max mastery rank is 30 so aside from adding a metric tonne of weapons/frames for us to level how else are you planning on letting us rank up this high?

When are you [DE] going to release higher level mastery guns/weapons to give low mastery rank people something to work towards and the already high mastery rank people to use for high level survival and defense runs?

I've asked this multiple times before and never got an answer but when will there be a balance across the board for all of the dual stat mods? They're all over the place and need to have some conformity in terms of the stat difference between their singular stat counterparts.

What are your thoughts on where status chance sit currently? iirc [DE]Scott stated in a previous livestream that they were intentionally set low so you could figure out a balance for them, surely enough time has passed for these to get a bump because currently it isn't worth the mod points to increase the status chance.

Edited by Temporary

With the introduction of the Drakgoon as a flak cannon in the most recent patch, weapons are getting more chaotic it seems.  Are there any new weapon types/styles you guys are dreaming about making in the future to push what can be attained even further over the top?

All are aware, in this game certain warframe powers are being requested to change, or some for some frames, even a complete rework.

Majority of the community agrees that the powerfull warframes in this game, such as your nova's and rhino's (just examples) are strong for one reason. and that's utility powers.

Utility powers have dominated this game, due to scaling enemies, and that damaging powers dont get better/ more usefull the stronger the enemies.

My question is a simple one. Will damaging powers forever be overlooked as the "weaker" "endgame" alternatives. or will they receive scaling damage ( like 400 + 5% of targets total/current hp for example.) or something that gives them more worth so that all warframes powers are wanted, be it damage or utility. 

Nova's ult is an example of a better damaging power, given its utility function to increase damage enemies take. (some argue a little too good, but thats not the concern at the moment.) It still is use-able throughout the game.

Edited by SquattingBear

#1] Could you please undo the shackles on Warlords when it comes to the creation/destruction of the halls in the Dojo? If I can build them D,B,C,A. Why can't I destroy them in any order I so desire? Because of this restriction I have almost an entire floor I can't remove without removing an entirely new &  fully decorated floor to do so.

#2] Any plans to increase the decor slots on rooms such as the great, greater, grand halls? You give us such large rooms yet you limit us in what we can do with them? Don't worry about resource consumption - Let the Warlords worry about that but these rooms seriously need slot buffs - The garden spaces as well.

#3] Any plans to add skyboxes to the dojos? Window decorations we can place on walls so we can see out into space? Sometimes the dojo feels like a prison even when you max out the decor.

#4] Why don't you award the winning clans in each tier gold, silver, and bronze event badges to match their statues? This would be a way for their achievements to be more recognizable to the general gaming public and act as a sign of honor for members in these winning clans.

#5] Why do all minimap icons generally blur together? Players - green dot, Grineer/Corpus allies - green dot. Without making us taste the rainbow shouldn't clans be able to identify eachother on the minimap, and players identify each other more readily from the faction they are assisting? A tenno color? A tenno clan color? Would you give it some honest thought? 

We've been teased some concrete canon with the codex entries of Excalibur and the Stalker, but what is the overall status of the lore of the Warframe universe? Is there any news on the release of "Episode One: Vor's Prize," or is that still in development?

As a player that's been around for some time (mastered most of the weapons currently available), what would interest me would be something out of the normal 'guns and slash' fights. 

I believe those with a clan should know of the Obstacle Course and some may hate / love it.

I think that in itself can be further improved/ developed into a type of mission - just like 'Nightmare' and 'Vault' types.

I would suggest levels for these 'Obstacle Missions' which grants different types of rewards (i.e. T1/2/3)

It's not all about builds, mastery and potatoes right??

What about some reward to great space-ninja skills? 

Those getting bored of hunting/ grinding can do these out-of-the-normal missions and get rewards unobtainable in normal missions.

What do you think of this suggestion?

Hey. I have some re-run questions(STILL WANT TO KNOW!), but there's a few new ones in here as well.

1. The berserker frame is named "Valkyr", after angelic, spear-wielding warriors who tend the honorable dead. This name really doesn't fit the frame at all.

There's some community consensus that it would be better named "Erinys", after the flesh-shorn, claw sporting, whip wielding physical embodiments of vengeance who rend the wicked limb from limb in the prisons of hell.

Considering how startlingly close the actual frame is to this in skills, appearance, and lore, wouldn't this be a far better name for it? Since weapons, skills, and frames have been renamed in the past, this wouldn't be without precedent, and it would also free up the name "Valkyr" for use on a future female warrior frame, one more in line with whole angelic, honorable spear thing.

2. Equilibrium is still not in the codex. I'm not sure if any other mods were missed specifically, but it appears the name checking needs a second pass.

3. The codex badly needs more interactivity--for example, if you see an enemy has a mod, you cannot check what it does or who else has it, without changing pages. There's also lists of weapons and frames, but, despite this being the PERFECT point-of-sales for them and their blueprints, you require significant navigation to find them.

4. Can we get better info on the market pages? It's currently quite painful and needlessly complex to sort through which blueprints you own, and which weapons you own. I should be able to determine, without swapping pages, whether or not I own a galatine, or a galatine blueprint, or both, and how many of each. This currently requires a minimum of 3 different pages viewed, and that's a bit absurd.

5. It's been hinted that ability mods will be leaving drop tables some time soon. As there is no reasonable way to get duplicates for effective build management, will we be getting access to ability mods through some other means, or will players actually be expected to make the up to 15 additional warframes of each type that they'd require?

6. It's been suggested in the past that PS4 players and PC players could play together when "the rainbow bridge aligns". However, the PS4 players are also noted to be currently behind the PC players on the update schedule. With the introduction of standardized invasion, how will this be handled? Would PS4 players have their node ownership changed to align to the PC players? Would this not cause problems if a certain side proved more popular in a given battlefront on PC than on the PS4? If they did not have their node ownership changed, would this not cause many/most nodes to be eventually platform-exclusive, despite the "rainbow bridge" existing?

7. Armor mechanics for warframes is currently quite pitiful. The berserker frame can easily get over 600 armor, but is shredded horribly if she ever dares to leave hysteria. Is this intentional, or will we be seeing future tweaks to how armor protects us?

8.Will we be seeing new types of extractors in the future?

9. Planets now drop resources that make no sense, such as the entirely corpus planet of eris dropping 3 different brands of infested body parts. Will this continue?

10. Will melee 2.0 allow us to use the current system of being able to launch melee attacks without changing our equipped weapon? The current system is quite useful in that regard, but the previews shown seem to suggest that will be going away. As a player who almost exclusively uses melee attacks, the change is rather disturbing--being able to use either gun or blade on whim allows for poetic combat using great comboes of the two, which is completely lost with the weapon swapping system, as demonstrated by trying to swiftly combine attacks from both primary and secondary weapons.

11. The new HUD rework is very strange. The vast lighting and color changes presented by frames and enemies and environment make the current chat and "big map" hard to view, as they have no backing. Extending this flaw to the rest of the HUD as well seems like a mistake.

The layout also changes for no readily apparent reason.

Most disconcerting of all, the stated purpose of the rework is to make the game "stand out", but, in fact, would make the warframe HUD style identical to every other action/shooter game I've played in the last 5 years.

At the very least, can we have this be customizeable? The ability to add a backing is sorely needed, particularly for players with visual impairments such as colorblindness, and being forced into a new layout seems problematic and silly. It would make more sense, if the whole of it is being redone anyway, to allow us to at least choose our personal preferences of where we'd like different HUD elements positioned.

This allows us more freedom, AND allows us to self-correct for problems--I had one friend who always redid a game's HUD when possible to put all the info on the left side of the screen, as she had lost her right eye. Other visual problems have their own unique needs, and giving us custom positioning would help immensely with them, while also give us the benefit of selecting the best "workflow" for our own eyes and playstyle.

1. While the Grineer have a good mix of enemy variety, the other two factions have been slagging behind, particularly the Corpus and Infested. Giving them different weapons and skins (and even just scaling up the model) isn't going to make them a challenging faction. Making them behave differently and do different things: i.e. the Corpus Crewman are less likely to charge, whereas MOAs are nearly suicidal kamikaze robots would make the enemies more mechanically diverse and challenging. The infested need a ranged unit, too. Will you guys be adding more enemy variety to these two factions in the near future?

2. There are a lot of mods that are strictly low-utility and do not present much value in the grand scheme of things, and the mod energy weight values are also imbalanced. Cost vs. percentage, particularly with the disparity between primary and secondary mods should be addressed as soon as possible. 9 cost for 30% more of something, vs. 7 cost for 60% more of something seems quite imbalanced. Low-utility mods like magazine size are squeezed out of the picture by other mods, and don't really allow for all that much more build diversity. Damage 2.0 was a step in the right direction in that regards, but mods really need to be rebalanced. What steps will be taken to address the utility vs. cost of mods? Low-utility mods should cost less and do more.

Edited by Vaskadar

My only question is will we see more grips for weapons animation wise?

Right now there is a rifle grip which covers all primary weapons (minus bows), a single and akimbo pistol grip and 1 handed, 2 handed and duel melee weapons.

Weapons like the torid and ogris could get a new model and be held over the shoulder, different pistols could be held in a more "tactical" stance.

There would be no more dead air between the rifle and the palm of your frames hand.

Just basically giving the weapons a sense of weight and varied feels to them.

On the topic of animation, any changes being considered? The crouch walk isn't ninja at all...

All I see is

FACE DOWN &#! UP THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE TO

Tie our shoes..

Edit: added the part about dead air on rifles.

Edited by Echo-419