Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I believe he meant that Snowglobe's basic HP is too minimal. Maybe you should start reading about Frost's abilities instead of supporting the nerf. At least you might sound a tad more sensible in your opinion that way.

3500 uped by 200% is still only about 9k health. It needs to be in the 25-30k range for it to have a chance at reasonable results after buffing.

The statements in this thread make it clear. My frost is only taking up space. I'm now forced to decide between Zepher and Nova and the sooner the better because it looks like i'll have to replace. I'll be selling it once i make a decision.

3500 uped by 200% is still only about 9k health. It needs to be in the 25-30k range for it to have a chance at reasonable results after buffing.

The statements in this thread make it clear. My frost is only taking up space. I'm now forced to decide between Zepher and Nova and the sooner the better because it looks like i'll have to replace. I'll be selling it once i make a decision.

Indeed.

DE should look at the amount of players telling them this nerf was a poor choice and act accordingly.

Frost was a boring one trick pony frame.

DE's way to fix this : let's make it useless ! Nobody will be bored if nobody plays him !

Well done, well done.

Hahahah, so true. It was such a lazy decision and it shows.

Edited by Celseus

Indeed.

DE should look at the amount of players telling them this nerf was a poor choice and act accordingly.

Hahahah, so true. It was such a lazy decision and it shows.

So far I see a lot of (grand)masters with with 30-80 posts screaming about how much they support this nerf. Want to guess who DE listens to?

gotta take care of defenses the tenno way: kill all the things!

NovaFrame Online anyone?

I'm basically down to Nova or Zephyr. It'll probably end up being Nova as i'm further along on that. Unless someone can tell me the Zephyr's abilities are actually solid.

...Frost Prime was the first frame i farmed. Took me two weeks. I've had that frame longer than any other back when Excal was an initial choice. I never wanted this day to come. If i had the software i'd probably do a tribute.

gotta take care of defenses the tenno way: kill all the things!

Or use Valkyr to buff the pod's armour, Mag to repair the pod's shields, Nyx to take aggro off the pod, Vauban to hold enemies away from the pod, Nova to halve enemies' damage or or or...

But yeah, snow globe is now useless if it's the only defensive measure you're taking (just like any of those other abilities are). "But Frost is a defensive frame!" All frames are supposed to be defensive in a defence mission. The clue is in the name.

Edited by thegooseking

Or use Valkyr to buff the pod's armour, Mag to repair the pod's shields, Nyx to take aggro off the pod, Vauban to hold enemies away from the pod, Nova to halve enemies' damage or or or...

But yeah, snow globe is now useless if it's the only defensive measure you're taking. "But Frost is a defensive frame!" All frames are supposed to be defensive in a defence mission. The clue is in the name.

Pity frost has nothing else in terms of offence, huh?

I have to agree, this change was a poor decision on the DE Dev teams part.  Frost had one job and was only a niche frame.  I can totally understand wanting to make him more needed in other places, but taking away his 1 job in a T3 Defence?  That is just mean.  I mean think of the little frosts....how is he going to put food on the table, or pay for his funeral when he comes home in a tinder box because of death by moa laser (we all thought he was the little frost that could..turns out that 3500 base health snowglobe just couldn't).  

His freeze doesn't aoe (or is bugged if it is supposed to since its supposed to be a ice counterpart to embers 1 skill).

His damage is sub par for a damage frame.  

His one good ability for defense for him and his teammates and objectives is now near useless in high levels of play....

So I have to ask...why should I even keep him now?  Can i get a refund on the forma on him please?  I just feel...I dont' know...confused because this change really makes no sense.  I mean..his snow globe is HUGE....thats like painting a target on empire state building in new york that says "HIT HERE".  

If the snow globe moved..that would be one thing...but it doesn't.

Also if the duration was removed and not able to be recast till the current one dissipated then its possible it could be fine as long as the health was near 30k cause otherwise it won't stand longer than 5 seconds under concentrated fire with its current health.  I mean we have all seen how fast the pod goes down in a T3 defense being attacked by three moa's and it has more health than frost snow globe...so why does DE think this was a good idea?

Edited by Zaresin

I have to agree, this change was a poor decision on the DE Dev teams part.  Frost had one job and was only a niche frame.  I can totally understand wanting to make him more needed in other places, but taking away his 1 job in a T3 Defence?  That is just mean.  I mean think of the little frosts....how is he going to put food on the table, or pay for his funeral when he comes home in a tinder box because of death by moa laser (we all thought he was the little frost that could..turns out that 3500 base health snowglobe just couldn't).  

His freeze doesn't aoe (or is bugged if it is supposed to since its supposed to be a ice counterpart to embers 1 skill).

His damage is sub par for a damage frame.  

His one good ability for defense for him and his teammates and objectives is now near useless in high levels of play....

So I have to ask...why should I even keep him now?  Can i get a refund on the forma on him please?  I just feel...I dont' know...confused because this change really makes no sense.  I mean..his snow globe is HUGE....thats like painting a target on empire state building in new york that says "HIT HERE".  

If the snow globe moved..that would be one thing...but it doesn't.

Also if the duration was removed and not able to be recast till the current one dissipated then its possible it could be fine as long as the health was near 30k cause otherwise it won't stand longer than 5 seconds under concentrated fire with its current health.  I mean we have all seen how fast the pod goes down in a T3 defense being attacked by three moa's and it has more health than frost snow globe...so why does DE think this was a good idea?

You know DE wont. Send forma's back.

The only thing you can do is sell it choose a new one and move on.

Advice to PS4 players. Get Rid of your Frosts NOW and beat the rush.

I would have to agree on this subject. I have yet to test out the new Frost, part of me dosen't want too. Just the way the information was put really sickened me. I will give some test to see how good it works, but I don't think even power strength mods are going to help at all. It seems we will see what happens.

I can tell you one thing, from my personal experiences, what the players demand is not always what works best out.

Again: these guys are the game makers. They know what they are doing.

Again, the problem is not snowglobe itself but scaling and whatnot.

Again, people moan too much. Go back to CoD or something. Big names really spoiled this generation of players.

Personally, the HP on globe seems much more logical: You put a physical barrier and it withstands attacks until its eventually broken. It was suggested to be given more HP, but somehow this was completely ignored and thus we have the present poostorm.

As Tenno, our task here is to give our feedback, but going far as insulting the devs, and disrespecting them just because a skill was nerfed, only demonstrates your own immaturity. Such opinions won't be held in much importance by serious people.

What we need here? Answers from the devs. Enough childish moaning.

Snowglobe has health now, I might as well remove that ability since it is useless on high tier defense now.
Actually, now I would rather use any other frame on high tier defense. 3500 health will be shred to pieces in seconds on T3 defense, I really don't see how increased damage potential of Frost is any importance since it was supposed to be "tank" frame, why make supportive/defensive ability nigh useless as "fair" exchange.

It was a 1 trick pony... exactly like Vauban's Bastille or Rhino's Iron Skin...

You'll get over it and find less lazy ways to play, no worries...

Altought i agree that the nerf was not the ideal one... a % based would have scaled better than flat numbers... even if looking at the past DE doesnt seem to catch this simply concept

Well I guess the only viable strategy with this unwanted and unnecessary nerf is to bring a Valbaun to back Frost up. I wonder if the health of Snowglobe is impacted by mods? This is the same BS they pulled on Valbaun's Bastille. This game is losing it's sense of strategy - everyone cannot have the "run around and kill" role! We LIKE the fact that some frames do one thing and other frames do other things - DE needs to stop forcing us to all play the same way! Frost was just fine as the pod protector - who asked you to change that?

I wish you (DE) would listen to your community and stop relying on the  mostly arrogant and aloof "Design Council" (some of them are okay, but that is where a lot of these unpopular choices are coming from) - let them decide on aesthetics - not changes in gameplay. Awful, terrible change. AND THIS is why I scaled back play and will continue to scale back until you either see the errors of your ways or just totally jack up everything.