Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

It was a 1 trick pony... exactly like Vauban's Bastille or Rhino's Iron Skin...

You'll get over it and find less lazy ways to play, no worries...

Altought i agree that the nerf was not the ideal one... a % based would have scaled better than flat numbers... even if looking at the past DE doesnt seem to catch this simply concept

It isn't lazy - its strategically smart and the role of Frost according to his abilities. Like my earlier post - this game will be flat and BORING if all the frames are forced to play the same way. It was a good thing that Frost had a specific role. And this was just a bad nerf - Snowglobe doesn't need ANY nerf, and neither did Bastille. The time limit was enough.

Too bad that warframe users will allways be op against the dumb potato people or the army of tupperwareheads...

Vauban gets nerfed because the enemies run into his bastile like idiots and now its frosts turn because the enemies follow standard protocoll and take cover to shoot a shield from afar instead of melee rushing it.

And I though the tenno were those who had no eyes...

Was having a hard time justifying spending more time on this game since the only things DE has been rolling out were weapons and frames, no lore, no new game depth, and now I come back to a nerf to the one warframe I actually like and spent a rediculous amount of time formaing to utilize the bubble to its max potential while being a super tank. Well that's worthless now, thank you DE, I have even less incentive to play your game.

It isn't lazy - its strategically smart and the role of Frost according to his abilities. Like my earlier post - this game will be flat and BORING if all the frames are forced to play the same way. It was a good thing that Frost had a specific role. And this was just a bad nerf - Snowglobe doesn't need ANY nerf, and neither did Bastille. The time limit was enough.

the time limit wasnt enough to prevent anything.

Press 3 every 40-50 seconds and camp on spot is not that "smart" nor "strategic"... it's just lazy...

Now you gotta slap in Blind Rage + Focus + Fleeting Expertise to maximize your Globe, you'll find urself shooting freeze to dangerous units and Avalanche will do some nice dmg

Or ppl will find the usefullness of other frames... learn, adapt, overcome.

Too bad that it's effectively a waste of energy in T3 Defense.

Maxed Focus + Squall helmet. Made it to wave 25 in T3 Defense Solo with a Penta, focusing on the Heavy Grineer that came out because they could take a big chunk out of the Snowglobe with their continous fire. Smaller enemies were only a threat if I left them attacking the globe for too long, but Penta + Avalanche dealt with them easily enough.

As I said in another thread, the biggest things this change does is a) mean the Frost has to pay attention instead of pressing the 'I win button' for defense and b) means you can't solo up to Wave 50 of a T3 anymore due to the lack of 'I win' button. Actively dealing with high damage enemies like Grineer Heavies and Eviscerators instead of letting them attack your Globe keeps the thing alive longer, with smart placement/overlaps helping against damage spikes.

In a Group Situation you don't even notice the change, since you've got allies running around CCing or killing everything, with the Globe serving to soak anything that escapes their focus. The buffs to Avalanche, Ice Wave and Freeze help support it too, since Frost can now actually CC himself instead of just hanging around for the occasional Snow Globe.

Maxed Focus + Squall helmet. Made it to wave 25 in T3 Defense Solo with a Penta, focusing on the Heavy Grineer that came out because they could take a big chunk out of the Snowglobe with their continous fire. Smaller enemies were only a threat if I left them attacking the globe for too long, but Penta + Avalanche dealt with them easily enough.

As I said in another thread, the biggest things this change does is a) mean the Frost has to pay attention instead of pressing the 'I win button' for defense and b) means you can't solo up to Wave 50 of a T3 anymore due to the lack of 'I win' button. Actively dealing with high damage enemies like Grineer Heavies and Eviscerators instead of letting them attack your Globe keeps the thing alive longer, with smart placement/overlaps helping against damage spikes.

In a Group Situation you don't even notice the change, since you've got allies running around CCing or killing everything, with the Globe serving to soak anything that escapes their focus. The buffs to Avalanche, Ice Wave and Freeze help support it too, since Frost can now actually CC himself instead of just hanging around for the occasional Snow Globe.

But I like hanging around and doing nothing. I feel apart of the team then.

Side note. Why not just make it to where the globe slowly shatters ?

Exp. Big &#! globe, bullets coming hitting shatters a side of the globe to make a opening for them to attack ? Beats this whole hp crap.

I personally like the finite damage cap on the new snowglobe instead of 30 seconds of pure invulnerability, it's more realistic. I do hate that you can only have 1 globe down at a time though. Had my globe around the cryopod and someone goes down into bleedout 50m away surrounded by about 40 bloody enemies, so I run and slide in preparing to stick my globe up as I arrive at my teammate and what happens? NOTHING. So I had to run away and leave him to die otherwise we would have lost 2 people instead of 1.... 

Freeze needs a serious rework. Damage and offense was not the solution to it. 
A defensive mage should not have to be constantly outputting damage to live, that's Ember's job. It also has no AoE effect at all. Targets even within 1-2 metres won't take damage, won't get frozen. Nearly every other 1 ability will out utility it, and out damage it. Still useless. 

Ice Wave is cast faster, and contours to ramps I noticed. But when so many maps are wide open or multi levelled it's practically useless in a majority of cases. 

Snow Globe, shredded in seconds on Ludi-Ceres against a napalm and a gang of lancers, with the squall helmet. Needs more health for sure to last in T3 defense for a reasonable amount of time. 

Avalanche. Well it kills things harder. I guess. New animation is pretty poor though but that's mostly just imo. 

Why on earth does Snow Globe have health and a timer? It's one or the other, definitely not both at the same time. That's ridiculous. If you're going to add health (which is clearly a very bad idea and contradicts what you're trying to do) make sure it's a very good amount (because it currently isn't) and also heavily boosted by power mods, considering how little power Frost has and how expensive abilities become with power strength mods.

Avalanche's graphic is quite bad. I see what people mean by just random ice balls. Pretty sure you can make it much more fancier and definitely more icelike. Wave could do with a decent update too. 

Again: these guys are the game makers. They know what they are doing.

Sorry but that's pure nonsense. Here's an example: they state they're aware of the grind and the problems with RNG, that they were trying to reduce it. Yet more items continue to be put behind a wall of RNG and 'intense' grind. Survival with petty credit caches as rewards? Yeah, right, okay, definitely know what they are doing.

That's reasonably narrow minded. No, game devs (in general) do not know what they're doing all the time, which is what you're clearly implying. They're human beings just like us. They make mistakes. The difference is they are on the development side and we are on the playing side. We play the game much more than they do. In my opinion, we have vastly more experience with the game and more of an opinion than they do. We definitely have more of an understanding in multiple areas, that much is evident.

And that is why this topic has reached 55 pages in such a short amount of time. We to a decent degree know what should and should not be done.

Edited by Naith

What about Avalanche?

My Avalanche doesn't kill anything at all. It just freeze them in place.

The patch log said Avalanche get cast speed and damage buff.

The cast speed is true, but I don't count 0 damage (down from 1k damage) as a buff.

+1

only free brains from heaven could save the situation