Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this thread to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

Edited by Rikov

If they were an exclusive, premier, verrrry seclusive item in the Event Vault.... Maybe, they could receive a gold pass on a free Prime frame/Event Vault item (Snipertron Vandal anyone?) of their choice?

I regret not snagging Grandmaster myself ^-^ I deeply thank you for the concern.

Even still, I just want that Merch store to open already!

Edited by un1337ninj4

No. There was no mention of a "swap out these exclusives for something new when you get tired of them" function anywhere in the Founder's package, even if you pretty it up as a mercy gesture to the people who didn't show up early enough to get the Founder's status. DE should continue to stick to their guns where this is concerned. Exclusives are exclusives, as simple as that.

I think DE made the mistake when they released FrostP (first non-founder prime item for those who are wondering): they should have gave the new Frost a different name and a different theme, instead of calling it prime and making it gold like the founder stuff. It was really shortsighted of them, because obviously Frost wasn't going to be the only item to get a new alternate version.

Eventually DE will hit a wall when they'll have released all the primes and I wonder what they'll do then? Stop? Release ExcalP to the public? Make a 2nd ExcalP? I don't know, all 3 seem bad choices too me.

Edit:

As much as I'm curious to see how the discussion develops, if you are looking for the support of other founders I suggest you go and remake your thread in a founder-only subforum (there must be such a place right?), because otherwise this thread is just going to get bloated with non-founder biased comments saying "yes, yes!" or it's going to be lost in a sea of other threads (I imagine the founder subforum is less trafficked). Plus, if the discussion is just among the founders DE might participate directly without the fear that the rest of the community over reacts, etc.

Edited by CubedOobleck

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this threat to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

Sounds good to me.  I don't care for Prime gear myself, but I don't care for exclusivity.

It's not often to see a Grandmaster Founder advocating the release of Founder exclusive gear to the non-Founders.

Indeed!  Nice to see some lack of bias.

It's not often to see a Grandmaster Founder advocating the release of Founder exclusive gear to the non-Founders.

I love the game, I want everyone to enjoy the game and I just know the completionists out there will be rolling around in pain over not being able to get the founder exclusive primes. I mean DE are releasing primes of all the other warframes and at some point they will come up and there will only be one warframe that isn't out for the public and that will be the Icon warframe, Excalibur. Excalibur is something of the flagship warframe, the poster warframe, for his prime variant to be EXCLUSIVE to founders yet they release primes of nearly every other warframe? It...just seems wrong.

No. There was no mention of a "swap out these exclusives for something new when you get tired of them" function anywhere in the Founder's package, even if you pretty it up as a mercy gesture to the people who didn't show up early enough to get the Founder's status. DE should continue to stick to their guns where this is concerned. Exclusives are exclusives, as simple as that.

While that is true, I still believe that these items, the founder primes, should be available at some point to the general public. Tucked away in some special vault somewhere to be released again when ready but not tied to the "exclusivity" of the founders.

Depends entirely on what we founder would get. Some sort of sweet scarf and massive badge, along with maybe a nice long credit/affinity booster? Sure, I could agree to that.

I did suggest that instead of the three primes the founders could get permanent boosters or reusable blueprints for catalysts or reactors.

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this threat to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

uhh no. already addressed in live stream. its not happening.

I really would buy Grand Master if someday would come back... I deepply regret that I couldn't get in time... I didn't had the money that time...

I'm right there with you. I only got the disciple level because it was all I could afford at the time, I would really love to upgrade at least to hunter someday. I can live without the lato and skana primes but it makes me really sad I didn't get Excal prime while it was available.

I myself like the fact that my contribution garnered me an exclusive warframe, and while i did not wish to spend the money on grandmaster i felt that my dedication and trust by giving a beta game was being returned in the form of an exclusive warframe. While i sympathize with those either unable or unwilling to buy the founders pack when they were available I can only say life isnt fair. I dont mean this in the negative way that it will most likely be taken but I believe the Exclusive founders items should remain exclusive. I  could not justify spending that much money (whatever grand master cost) on a game in Beta. I dont regret this at all, I feel that my 50 dollars on Hunter and 10 on plat was more then enough.

I really would buy Grand Master if someday would come back... I deepply regret that I couldn't get in time... I didn't had the money that time...

That would be nice if they had the founders packs made another round. I mean...Look at the PS4 users, they couldn't purchase the founders pack even if they had the money because it wasn't released on PS4 at the time.

I think the release of Warframe on PS4 has been the biggest thing gnawing on my brain that the founder primes should be unchained from their exclusive status tied to the founders packs so the PS4 users can get the full package, so to speak.

uhh no. already addressed in live stream. its not happening.

If I can get enough founders, specially grand masters, to support this thread I'm fairly certain DE will change their mind. Especially if the founders can all agree on a suitable alternative to the three primes.

As a non-founder I know I shouldn't have a say, but I agree.  I look at the Vandal weapons; related to events, I can't get them now.  I accept this.  I see Wraith weapons, same deal.  I see Prime weapons/warframe that I cannot get when I can get dozens of other Prime gear, this makes no sense.  Yes, founders should have something; I just have no idea what.

If DE messed around with the founder gear, they would almost certainly be sued.  There's no way every single founder would be okay with any scheme they could conceivably come up with.  Furthermore, they would probably lose any lawsuits that did emerge (terms of service are often thrown out in court).  Not to mention the inevitable forum backlash...    

I think it would be best if everyone just dropped all ideas about founder gear availability.  It's just asking for trouble. 

Personally, I don't give a S#&$. I don't have any of the above, and the stock weapons are starters. Upgraded starters are still way below many of the weapons we already have. I started with Excal, and I highly doubt I'll use him seriously ever again. 

I did suggest that instead of the three primes the founders could get permanent boosters or reusable blueprints for catalysts or reactors.

A reusable BP for both, even if they took say, 2-3 days to build would be a fair trade, assuming we got a nice scarf or something to replace the ability to show off as easily, would be a good trade imo. I'd take a reusable BP over excal prime any day

Personally, I don't give a S#&$. I don't have any of the above, and the stock weapons are starters. Upgraded starters are still way below many of the weapons we already have. I started with Excal, and I highly doubt I'll use him seriously ever again. 

I see you haven't seen this:

If DE messed around with the founder gear, they would almost certainly be sued.  There's no way every single founder would be okay with any scheme they could conceivably come up with.  Furthermore, they would probably lose any lawsuits that did emerge (terms of service are often thrown out in court).  Not to mention the inevitable forum backlash...    

I think it would be best if everyone just dropped all ideas about founder gear availability.  It's just asking for trouble. 

I'm not saying "Take them away from the people who bought them" I'm saying "Release it to the public, give them something else" Think of it like...early access. On top of that DE gave us so many other things with the highest tier packs. Design council, physical objects, our own permanent spot on the starchart for crying out loud. If there are founders whom are seriously willing to go to DE and sue them because 3 items out of the entire founders pack is no longer exclusive and instead are given something else, and on top of that getting to keep the 3 items, just...wow.

And as a Founder who didn't receive his first paycheck on the job until the week after they cut off the program for upgrade, I wholeheartedly agree. Why not open up Founders to the accounts who have purchased a lower package as a permanent "upgrade" option, and maybe start a new program with the same lewt for those who are new to the party/never considered it before.

Or, there's always this (my preferable option imo): I think they should extend the Founders program until the game actually leaves beta and becomes a "full release," and not a day sooner. We're still technically forming the foundation of their income during beta atm, so why pick an arbitrary date to stop thanking people for their contribution?

Then again I'm just bitter I didn't have the money to upgrade and get my fancy sword and pistol in time.

And as a Founder who didn't receive his first paycheck on the job until the week after they cut off the program for upgrade, I wholeheartedly agree. Why not open up Founders to the accounts who have purchased a lower package as a permanent "upgrade" option, and maybe start a new program with the same lewt for those who are new to the party/never considered it before.

Or, there's always this (my preferable option imo): I think they should extend the Founders program until the game actually leaves beta and becomes a "full release," and not a day sooner. We're still technically forming the foundation of their income during beta atm, so why pick an arbitrary date to stop thanking people for their contribution?

Then again I'm just bitter I didn't have the money to upgrade and get my fancy sword and pistol in time.

I agree with the idea of extending the founders program, if only because of the PS4 players. With the release of Warframe on the PS4, the PS4 community should be able to become founders as well should they so desire.

No. There was no mention of a "swap out these exclusives for something new when you get tired of them" function anywhere in the Founder's package...

No mention of awesome T-shirts either. 

(Have those all finished being distributed yet? I haven't gotten mine yet. ;o;)

I don't think most Founders bought into the package just be entitled to stuff other people can't have, and even if that is the case, we knew, being Founders, that Warframe could go anywhere. That it's been a pretty huge success makes our investment worthwhile, I should think.