Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

There are a lot of ways to achieve these ends without removing exclusivity though.

For example:  Buff the Excalibur, Lato and Skana Prime to acceptable Prime levels.  They remain exclusive, however functionally equivalent but less pretty items are added to the game - call them Relics or the like.  If a founder acquires a Relic, it comes already mastered to 30 and doesn't add to their mastery pool.

We keep our expensive exclusive bling, we can buff the bling items to acceptable levels without making them into powerful, non-obtainable weapons since the relics are equivalent but not as pretty.  Non-founders get a chance at equal mastery, and the collectors who aren't Founders just have to live with that. 

There may or may not be practical issues here, but "Just remove exclusivity" should be a solution of last resort, not step 1.

There are a lot of ways to achieve these ends without removing exclusivity though.

For example:  Buff the Excalibur, Lato and Skana Prime to acceptable Prime levels.  They remain exclusive, however functionally equivalent but less pretty items are added to the game - call them Relics or the like.  If a founder acquires a Relic, it comes already mastered to 30 and doesn't add to their mastery pool.

We keep our expensive exclusive bling, we can buff the bling items to acceptable levels without making them into powerful, non-obtainable weapons since the relics are equivalent but not as pretty.  Non-founders get a chance at equal mastery, and the collectors who aren't Founders just have to live with that. 

There may or may not be practical issues here, but "Just remove exclusivity" should be a solution of last resort, not step 1.

That would work, except the Relic's will never be Prime. Functionally, statistically they will, but they really won't, thus an issue remains. Not the main issue, but an issue none the less. It's a wonderful idea, I agree with it completely. 

This thread is definitely a sight to behold, Usually founders are Hyper defensive and whiny when people so much as hint at Founders Gear, but to see a Grandmaster actively want to let others have the Trio of Primes, and then Founders of various ranks supporting it. Definitely strange, Startling almost.

Then let's startle some more! :D

Another GM Founder here, supporting Rikov's idea! :)

My stance on this issue, long before this thread, was even to let the founder primes be available to anyone, without any form of compensation for the Founders, as I personally hate the thought of gameplay-affecting exclusives in any game (I'm a completionist myself, so I know how horrible it feels to miss out on gameplay-affecting exclusives). However, I know that such a thing will NEVER happen, as a whole bunch of Founders would probably rage a lot at that.

But your proposal Rikov, now that's a great compromise! And I completely agreed with your explanations and issues the founder exclusives bring in the game. We get bonus Mastery, a potential problematic advantage. The Skana Prime, while surpassed by lots of melee weapons, still has something extremely exclusive to it: Its chargeattack is an overhead strike, meaning it is easier to get headshots with it. No other melee weapon has that kind of chargeattack! Everyone can have all Waframe Primes, except for Excalibur Prime, leaving an annoying blank for completionists.

And the list goes on. While minor things, they are still annoying exclusives that shouldn't be there.

So, what are my thoughts about what could be done? Here are some ideas:

1 - First of all, maybe there could be a vote about this in the Design Council, to know if this has the majority of founders supporting the idea in the first place?

2 - (This is on top of keeping the 3 currently exclusive items) The new items the founders would get as compensation for the loss of the 3 prime-items not being exclusive anymore, just make sure they don't become more than convenience or cosmetic items. Nothing that gives an advantage in direct gameplay or towards things such as Mastery. So: No mods, no weapons, no warframes, no sentinels. NOTHING like that. Otherwise, the exclusivity-whining will just NEVER end!

I like the idea of stuff like permanent boosters (although, they should probably be weaker than the ones you can buy) as they just save you some time, nothing else. I also like the ideas of things such as a unique syandana, pimping up the current badges to be shinier somehow, permanent small discount on future Prime Access or whatever.

3 - Another idea (possibly on top of idea #2) could be to make the 3 prime-exclusives into superpimp skins instead (which works on both the regular and prime variants), while releasing the Prime versions of the items, available for anyone to get in the void or whatever. The Founders could then get instant access to these new Prime versions (maxed out, potato'd and forma'd the same way as their previous now-turned-into-skin-version was).

4 - The laziest (and least problemfixing) solution could be that the 3 items remain as exclusives as they are, but at least RENAME them! As you have pointed out, them being called "XXX Prime" is not gonna turn out nicely when, for example, all Warframes have a Prime variant available to anyone... except for Excalibur. Excalibur Prime could still be a generally available future warframe, if the founder one was called something else, such as "Founder's Excalibur" or whatever. This doesn't solve anything but lore-issues, but hey, at least that's a tiny improvement over the current situation!

Then let's startle some more! :D

Another GM Founder here, supporting Rikov's idea! :)

My stance on this issue, long before this thread, was even to let the founder primes be available to anyone, without any form of compensation for the Founders, as I personally hate the thought of gameplay-affecting exclusives in any game (I'm a completionist myself, so I know how horrible it feels to miss out on gameplay-affecting exclusives). However, I know that such a thing will NEVER happen, as a whole bunch of Founders would probably rage a lot at that.

But your proposal Rikov, now that's a great compromise! And I completely agreed with your explanations and issues the founder exclusives bring in the game. We get bonus Mastery, a potential problematic advantage. The Skana Prime, while surpassed by lots of melee weapons, still has something extremely exclusive to it: Its chargeattack is an overhead strike, meaning it is easier to get headshots with it. No other melee weapon has that kind of chargeattack! Everyone can have all Waframe Primes, except for Excalibur Prime, leaving an annoying blank for completionists.

And the list goes on. While minor things, they are still annoying exclusives that shouldn't be there.

So, what are my thoughts about what could be done? Here are some ideas:

1 - First of all, maybe there could be a vote about this in the Design Council, to know if this has the majority of founders supporting the idea in the first place?

2 - (This is on top of keeping the 3 currently exclusive items) The new items the founders would get as compensation for the loss of the 3 prime-items not being exclusive anymore, just make sure they don't become more than convenience or cosmetic items. Nothing that gives an advantage in direct gameplay or towards things such as Mastery. So: No mods, no weapons, no warframes, no sentinels. NOTHING like that. Otherwise, the exclusivity-whining will just NEVER end!

I like the idea of stuff like permanent boosters (although, they should probably be weaker than the ones you can buy) as they just save you some time, nothing else. I also like the ideas of things such as a unique syandana, pimping up the current badges to be shinier somehow, permanent small discount on future Prime Access or whatever.

3 - Another idea (possibly on top of idea #2) could be to make the 3 prime-exclusives into superpimp skins instead (which works on both the regular and prime variants), while releasing the Prime versions of the items, available for anyone to get in the void or whatever. The Founders could then get instant access to these new Prime versions (maxed out, potato'd and forma'd the same way as their previous now-turned-into-skin-version was).

4 - The laziest (and least problemfixing) solution could be that the 3 items remain as exclusives as they are, but at least RENAME them! As you have pointed out, them being called "XXX Prime" is not gonna turn out nicely when, for example, all Warframes have a Prime variant available to anyone... except for Excalibur. Excalibur Prime could still be a generally available future warframe, if the founder one was called something else, such as "Founder's Excalibur" or whatever. This doesn't solve anything but lore-issues, but hey, at least that's a tiny improvement over the current situation!

Oh, #3 hits it on the head. The way to get around the whole "exclusive" prime thing. Release remolded primes. Take the founder primes, remodel them, leave everything else the same, release to the public. This way the founders still get the keep their "Exclusive" primes, and  the community gets to enjoy their own, with the only difference between the two being how they look.

For #4, not every warframe is going to have a prime. The primes are the orokin made ones, the very first, the master blueprint, for things like Valkyr or Nova(Which was created by the tenno council, so let's assume it's a later generation and devoid of a "prime" version.) probably won't have primes for lore reasons.

#1 I 100% agree with. I'm honestly a little sad that the founders can't post in the design council or have a special area or something to post feed back and ect, but if a Dev could start up a vote in the design council over this, by all means please do it. Please. Let the community decide what we want to be exclusive.

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this thread to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

At first I really wanted the items to be exclusive because well, that's why I got them lol. But after time I realized that making these exclusive kinda takes some items people would really love to have out of the game for them. I mean, excalibur prime, he's the most iconic warframe and his prime is locked out to non-founders.

I am all for making founders items available to other players (I myself wouldn't mind adding the lato and skana prime to my collection), but as stated, we would need some compensation. I really like that reusable potato bp idea that one IMO would be worth it, free potatoes? Sign me up! A permanent booster would be alright, but it would either have to be like a credit + resource booster, just one would be meh. Maybe even have some founder skins, we have the emblem but it's so tiny D:

At first I really wanted the items to be exclusive because well, that's why I got them lol. But after time I realized that making these exclusive kinda takes some items people would really love to have out of the game for them. I mean, excalibur prime, he's the most iconic warframe and his prime is locked out to non-founders.

I am all for making founders items available to other players (I myself wouldn't mind adding the lato and skana prime to my collection), but as stated, we would need some compensation. I really like that reusable potato bp idea that one IMO would be worth it, free potatoes? Sign me up! A permanent booster would be alright, but it would either have to be like a credit + resource booster, just one would be meh. Maybe even have some founder skins, we have the emblem but it's so tiny D:

Boosters would be small, probably a 50% boost compared to the full double you get for paying. Thinking on it the reusable catalyst BP's would have to be very expensive, and the only reason I mention them is because...well we can get them and reactors from invasion missions, but they are still super rare.

Oh, #3 hits it on the head. The way to get around the whole "exclusive" prime thing. Release remolded primes. Take the founder primes, remodel them, leave everything else the same, release to the public. This way the founders still get the keep their "Exclusive" primes, and  the community gets to enjoy their own, with the only difference between the two being how they look.

For #4, not every warframe is going to have a prime. The primes are the orokin made ones, the very first, the master blueprint, for things like Valkyr or Nova(Which was created by the tenno council, so let's assume it's a later generation and devoid of a "prime" version.) probably won't have primes for lore reasons.

#1 I 100% agree with. I'm honestly a little sad that the founders can't post in the design council or have a special area or something to post feed back and ect, but if a Dev could start up a vote in the design council over this, by all means please do it. Please. Let the community decide what we want to be exclusive.

#3 - Well, I don't know if you understood (or if I misunderstood you), but I didn't mean for the founderprimes and for-everyone-primes to be seperate items (as that wouldn't solve the Mastery-issue), so let me clarify a little better:

* Take the Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime as they are (although, Excalibur Prime could need a bit of pimping, he is hardly any different from the normal one!) and make them obtainable through the void for anyone.

* The Founders keep their Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime as they are, obviously, with tjeir potatoes, free slots, any forma used on them and whatever level they are.

* Now, what do the Founders get then? The Founders get a NEW superpimp skin for the Lato/Skana/Excalibur, a skin that they can use on both the regular Lato/Skana/Excalibur AND on their Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime! These SKINS is the compensation for the founders!

#4 - How can you be so sure about that? Is this something DE has confirmed in a livestream or something? If not, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't make Primes of all Warframe... No, lore don't necessarily have to stop that, as I don't think there are true "new generation" Warframes. All of them are found in cryopods no? Thus, all of them could have had a Prime variant...

#1 - Yup, if I were you, I'd PM anyone of the DE staff about this :)

#3 - Well, I don't know if you understood (or if I misunderstood you), but I didn't mean for the founderprimes and for-everyone-primes to be seperate items (as that wouldn't solve the Mastery-issue), so let me clarify a little better:

* Take the Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime as they are (although, Excalibur Prime could need a bit of pimping, he is hardly any different from the normal one!) and make them obtainable through the void for anyone.

* The Founders keep their Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime as they are, obviously, with tjeir potatoes, free slots, any forma used on them and whatever level they are.

* Now, what do the Founders get then? The Founders get a NEW superpimp skin for the Lato/Skana/Excalibur, a skin that they can use on both the regular Lato/Skana/Excalibur AND on their Lato/Skana/Excalibur Prime! These SKINS is the compensation for the founders!

#4 - How can you be so sure about that? Is this something DE has confirmed in a livestream or something? If not, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't make Primes of all Warframe... No, lore don't necessarily have to stop that, as I don't think there are true "new generation" Warframes. All of them are found in cryopods no? Thus, all of them could have had a Prime variant...

#1 - Yup, if I were you, I'd PM anyone of the DE staff about this :)

I understood that part of #3, but that idea wouldn't work because the images of excalibur/lato/skana prime are tied to the exclusivity. The devs would be flamed by the people who wanna keep their exclusive things because they are exclusive, so if they release the current founder primes and just give us a new prime skin that wouldn't fly, how ever releasing them with a different skin by default, and having the founders have the current look, would work and bypass any, or at least any I can see, legal rammifications.

#4 is a lore perspective. The primes are the first warframes so for Zephyr to have a prime version just wouldn't work with the lore, a Valkyr Prime would be a completely different frame than the Valkyr we have. I donno about Nova though....

And I'm pretty sure someone got upset by this thread "OMG, he wants to give away the exclusive founder primes for something else exclusive, AND GETTING SUPPORT?! I must rant at the Devs that blasphemy is going on!" And considering a community moderator actually replied to this thread makes me think It's been glanced at by a Dev, but I should send one a PM...Who is in charge of the founder stuff?

I understood that part of #3, but that idea wouldn't work because the images of excalibur/lato/skana prime are tied to the exclusivity. The devs would be flamed by the people who wanna keep their exclusive things because they are exclusive, so if they release the current founder primes and just give us a new prime skin that wouldn't fly, how ever releasing them with a different skin by default, and having the founders have the current look, would work and bypass any, or at least any I can see, legal rammifications.

#4 is a lore perspective. The primes are the first warframes so for Zephyr to have a prime version just wouldn't work with the lore, a Valkyr Prime would be a completely different frame than the Valkyr we have. I donno about Nova though....

And I'm pretty sure someone got upset by this thread "OMG, he wants to give away the exclusive founder primes for something else exclusive, AND GETTING SUPPORT?! I must rant at the Devs that blasphemy is going on!" And considering a community moderator actually replied to this thread makes me think It's been glanced at by a Dev, but I should send one a PM...Who is in charge of the founder stuff?

#3 - Well, if what I said was done, but the looks of the items were done the opposite way, that would work wouldn't it? (I.e: The exclusive skins for founders would the looks of the current ones, while the for-anyone-primes would have new looks)

#4 - Hmmm yeah, Zephyr makes no sense as a Prime. Nor in the Warframe lore in general! Wow, the whole internal issues (I mean, in DE's office) about "Warframes are just suits worn on a Tenno (the Player)" contra "Warframes are individual characters" is really making a mess of things lorewise.

* The way the bosses speak about our suits slowing us down + the creation and "lore" of Zephyr + the way we craft Warframes = Warframes are just suits worn on a Tenno (the Player)

* I think it is Scott's opinion (Someone please correct me here?) + the fact we cannot change genders on the Warframes = Warframes are individual characters.

They seriously have to make up their minds about this!

#1 - I'd recommend to PM Rebecca, she was very quick to respond to my messages :)

Edited by Azamagon

#3 - Well, if what I said was done, but the looks of the items were done the opposite way, that would work wouldn't it? (I.e: The exclusive skins for founders would the looks of the current ones, while the for-anyone-primes would have new looks)

#4 - Hmmm yeah, Zephyr makes no sense as a Prime. Nor in the Warframe lore in general! Wow, the whole internal issues (I mean, in DE's office) about "Warframes are just suits worn on a Tenno (the Player)" contra "Warframes are individual characters" is really making a mess of things lorewise.

* The way the bosses speak about our suits slowing us down + the creation and "lore" of Zephyr + the way we craft Warframes = Warframes are just suits worn on a Tenno (the Player)

* I think it is Scott's opinion (Someone please correct me here?) + the fact we cannot change genders on the Warframes = Warframes are individual characters.

They seriously have to make up their minds about this!

#1 - I'd recommend to PM Rebecca, she was very quick to respond to my messages :)

#3, yeah, basic idea. The founder primes become skins and they are released to the void tables or something.

To the whole issue with the suits and such...yeah...See they don't want to make gender swapped skins, but the devs did say a long time ago they wanted to do opposite genders of the same theme, basically instead of making a male skin of Nova, they make a new warframe with new powers and new stats that is the opposite gender.

But back on topic, I am seriously loving the support, I have sent out a message to DERebecca about the thread and asking for the possibility of a design council poll on it.

It wasn't an "omg, I'm upset he wants this" post, It was Genuinely surprising to see no less then a Grandmaster, the highest and most expensive of all the Founder Tiers wanting to make the Prime Trio free to everyone, After seeing most Founders being EXTREMELY touchy if you even so much as think about it.

I wouldn't support making current Primes skins, or a replacement that is a skin while the Prime itself is moved to the drop tables.

The Prime name for the founders items should remain with the founders alone.  I'm not against making arrangement for gameplay balance, but taking away cosmetics - and the fact that the item is named Prime is cosmetic - I'm completely against.

Make the replacement equivalents something other then primes, and making the prime a skin for them is acceptable - provided the prime name is used instead of the replacement name if the skin is equipped.

Yes, make it available. This exclusive idea just feeds into people's egos of having something someone else doesn't, and then proceeding to act as if one is better than another. I'm all for making it available (don't call them founder's now or give them a grand master title, as that ties in with the Founder's and gives the wrong idea that they are "founders" who helped Warframe in its infancy). Doesn't have to be through platinum. Could be based on mastery rank or warframe rank as a sort of endgame (Prime rank or something). Metallic color set or prime skin. Then an actual prime warframe for reaching a certain level. Not going to happen, but people keep asking for it so...

Edited by AntoineFlemming

It wasn't an "omg, I'm upset he wants this" post, It was Genuinely surprising to see no less then a Grandmaster, the highest and most expensive of all the Founder Tiers wanting to make the Prime Trio free to everyone, After seeing most Founders being EXTREMELY touchy if you even so much as think about it.

I was honestly feeling a little warm and fuzzy because of those replies. "Omg, a grand master being NICE?!" I'm a gamer, I know how people feel.

I wouldn't support making current Primes skins, or a replacement that is a skin while the Prime itself is moved to the drop tables.

The Prime name for the founders items should remain with the founders alone.  I'm not against making arrangement for gameplay balance, but taking away cosmetics - and the fact that the item is named Prime is cosmetic - I'm completely against.

Make the replacement equivalents something other then primes, and making the prime a skin for them is acceptable - provided the prime name is used instead of the replacement name if the skin is equipped.

A friend brought something interesting to my attention once. They wondered why the weapons in the "What Stalker?" pack were the same as the ones dropped by the stalker, there were the ones you earned and the ones you could buy, they wanted there to be a distinct difference between the two, even if it's purely cosmetic. That logic should apply here.

There should be the Founders Prime Excalibur and the Excalibur Prime, there is one you get for supporting the devs early on, another you earn for playing through the game and getting it in the void, or trading for it in the community.

Given the state of Prime items right now, this is worth considering to some extent.

Now, before I continue, I'm going to assume, hypothetically, that there is a patch come that makes Prime trades like for like only (Part for part) given the current uproar.

I got my excal from my hunter's pack and that's fine by me, I was okay with letting the other items go for the sake of a pistol and sword because that's all they were to me - their value is comes from being exclusive, a factor that is becoming increasingly blurred. I mean, would it really be the end of the world if there was some other way to get these items now after so long?

This game has been going for a long time now and advances quickly, the availability of exclusives from a pool of weapons this big and frequent isn't really much of a concern to me any more - we're getting a new weapon effectively every week and primes of existing weapons during every major update cycle and it's becoming a little senseless to keep these items so tightly guarded by exclusiveness when they bare no real impact on the trend of weapon use.

I've seen a lot of Founders explain why they think their Skana and Lato Prime are useless in the scheme of things compared to later editions and why they deserve buffs ect. and I've seen others exclaim that they wouldn't care if others had access to these weapons either. In truth, I believe these weapons served much better as early alternatives to conventional weapons for early players than as endgame weapons to cherish.

By some point of the game, I think these items along with prior Vandal and Wraith items from earlier stages of the the game should be available to the community again, even if it is for a short period in yet another exclusives pack just to share the fun to a newer generation of players, giving wanting players that chance to get ahead early like the exclusive Primes did for the older generation of players.

DE, you have been true to your word about the exclusive packs and I can respect that, but giving others willing to contribute to a limited time offer of some sort a chance for these older items would hardly break the game now in this state compared to when it started. At some point, it might be wiser to give the Prime, Vandal and eventually Wraith weapons another shot for the community to get their hands on.

As always, thanks for your time.

(I'm marking this as my return post - after 2 weeks with no internet, I'm back to contribute ^_^)

Edited by Phantom_Jack

Given the state of Prime items right now, this is worth considering to some extent.

Now, before I continue, I'm going to assume, hypothetically, that there is a patch come that makes Prime trades like for like only (Part for part) given the current uproar.

I got my excal from my hunter's pack and that's fine by me, I was okay with letting the other items go for the sake of a pistol and sword because that's all they were to me - their value is comes from being exclusive, a factor that is becoming increasingly blurred. I mean, would it really be the end of the world if there was some other way to get these items now after so long?

This game has been going for a long time now and advances quickly, the availability of exclusives from a pool of weapons this big and frequent isn't really much of a concern to me any more - we're getting a new weapon effectively every week and primes of existing weapons during every major update cycle and it's becoming a little senseless to keep these items so tightly guarded by exclusiveness when they bare no real impact on the trend of weapon use.

I've seen a lot of Founders explain why they think their Skana and Lato Prime are useless in the scheme of things compared to later editions and why they deserve buffs ect. and I've seen others exclaim that they wouldn't care if others had access to these weapons either. In truth, I believe these weapons served much better as early alternatives to conventional weapons for early players than as endgame weapons to cherish.

By some point of the game, I think these items along with prior Vandal and Wraith items from earlier stages of the the game should be available to the community again, even if it is for a short period in yet another exclusives pack just to share the fun to a newer generation of players, giving wanting players that chance to get ahead early like the exclusive Primes did for the older generation of players.

DE, you have been true to your word about the exclusive packs and I can respect that, but giving others willing to contribute to a limited time offer of some sort a chance for these older items would hardly break the game now in this state compared to when it started. At some point, it might be wiser to give the Prime, Vandal and eventually Wraith weapons another shot for the community to get their hands on.

As always, thanks for your time.

(I'm marking this as my return post - after 2 weeks with no internet, I'm back to contribute ^_^)

The warm fuzzies return~ DE Has been true to their word, they really do want to make their exclusive items exclusive, but certain things should not be made exclusive, they should be on a cycle and reappear to be obtained from time to time. The devs have mentioned that there is a "Vault" for the wraiths and vandals so they can return for another round, even the mighty primed chamber can make a return.

Now with Warframe spreading out to PS4 and new players joining in daily no doubt, with how awesome of a team DE is I can't see them forsaking their new players just because of "exclusivity". I believe they are sticking by the exclusive thing out of honor, and a mixture of fear from backlash from founders whom want their stuff to stay exclusive. If we the founders support the idea for the exclusive items to be released for everyone, even if it's tied to an event, or something special you have to do in game to get it, then there should be nothing holding DE back.

I wouldn't care if they released the Excalibur Prime to the public but I don't think they could do so if they wanted to considering that they sold the founders pack on the premise that the items contained therein where exclusive never to be released again goodies. 

Edited by Tegajinn

I'm a Master founder, and I can't say I would really support this. I saved up for a long time to get this pack, and I wouldn't want to give up the exclusivity. I think the only thing I might give up Excal Prime for is an exclusive Stalker Frame or something, but that kind of defeats the purpose of this. Catalysts and Reactors are easy enough to come by, they come in alerts and for special events like livestreams. The permanent boosters would be nice, but still not worth giving something exclusive that I really paid for.

A friend brought something interesting to my attention once. They wondered why the weapons in the "What Stalker?" pack were the same as the ones dropped by the stalker, there were the ones you earned and the ones you could buy, they wanted there to be a distinct difference between the two, even if it's purely cosmetic. That logic should apply here.

There should be the Founders Prime Excalibur and the Excalibur Prime, there is one you get for supporting the devs early on, another you earn for playing through the game and getting it in the void, or trading for it in the community.

Well, my logic is this:  Either the exclusive name and appearance of the items are valuable, or they're not.

If they're valuable, then making substitutions is only ethical if all the founder agree to it unanimously.  Otherwise, DE would be changing a deal they've made with something well after the fact without their consent.  But I think we all know unanimous isn't going to happen.

If they're not valuable, then no harm is done to the public at large by reserving them for the founders and naming the equivalents something else.  In that case, DE not reneging on their promise of exclusivity trumps all other concerns.

Either way, keeping the name and appearance exclusive is the right thing to do.

I wouldn't care if they released the Excalibur Prime to the public but I don't think they could do so if they wanted to considering that they sold the founders pack on the premise that the items contained therein where exclusive never to be released again goodies. 

It's one part honor, one part community. If we the community of founders show that we are fine, as a majority, with them not being exclusive and want to have the entire warframe community share in the bounty, DE should do it. And again, I am happy to see founders supporting this idea, I really am.

I'm a Master founder, and I can't say I would really support this. I saved up for a long time to get this pack, and I wouldn't want to give up the exclusivity. I think the only thing I might give up Excal Prime for is an exclusive Stalker Frame or something, but that kind of defeats the purpose of this. Catalysts and Reactors are easy enough to come by, they come in alerts and for special events like livestreams. The permanent boosters would be nice, but still not worth giving something exclusive that I really paid for.

I understand, specially because I'm a grand master, the boosters would be nice, a lot of these things would be nice, I honestly can't think of something that could really replace the founder primes, which is why I want founders to toss in their ideas for a suitable replacement, on top of that if we can get the Dev's behind this and toss out some alternative's and we can vote on them that would be even better.

Well, my logic is this:  Either the exclusive name and appearance of the items are valuable, or they're not.

If they're valuable, then making substitutions is only ethical if all the founder agree to it unanimously.  Otherwise, DE would be changing a deal they've made with something well after the fact without their consent.  But I think we all know unanimous isn't going to happen.

If they're not valuable, then no harm is done to the public at large by reserving them for the founders and naming the equivalents something else.  In that case, DE not reneging on their promise of exclusivity trumps all other concerns.

Either way, keeping the name and appearance exclusive is the right thing to do.

Hmm...Founders get "Excalibur Prime" and the Devs release "Prime Excalibur" with a different skin Behold! Loop holes! I love technicalities~

True, there is nothing to stop them from doing exactly that.  It's a matter of carrying out their promises to the letter. 

I'm sure you and I both know how bad an idea that would be from a business perspective for them though.  Aside from the obvious dire consequences for their attempts to upsell higher tiers of Prime Access with 'exclusives', public abuse of loopholes to screw over high paying customers is as bad a business plan as you can get.

Not reneging on the promise of the primes being exclusive is a huge deal.  Making public version have a particular name really isn't.

I'm kind of stuck in-between on this.

On the one hand, Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime really aren't even that good, and so having a bunch of mediocre items released into the drop pool is just "eh okay whatever". On the other hand, despite them being rather average, it's a bit of a mark of exclusivity to help players say "Yeah I've been here since the start, and I helped get this thing going". Making them available to others kinda diminishes that, and would no doubt tick off quite a few people. Also the whole thing with DE saying it's never getting rereleased.

I really doubt they're gonna budge on that, even if you do get a bunch of founders saying it's okay. You're bound to have folks who don't want them rereleased at all.