The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: The Worst Warframe In The Game

Etsoree

Niche frame for really high level play, absorb definitively need a release button, as generally everything is dead before it detonate (sooo long). Chaos is a saver and ultimately usefull when S#&$ hit the fan...

a very good frame but certainly not as fun as over frames around. It need a dedicated player which don't rely on kill counter to have fun...

That's partially true, because in very high levels your team mates will stop emptying 3 magazines to kill one single mob, they'll use them on your Absorb. Well that's if you have some clever team mates and in very high levels.

And well, you know weapons are dealing bazillions times more damages than our abilities, Mprime included (for the haterz). And if you happen to train your marksmanship with your weapon (hardcore accuracy and headshots on command) you will still outdamage or do just as good as nuker frames.

If I didn't know how to play her I wouldn't of made this thread, nor would I know so much about the powers and what they can be used for.

Just by saying that Nyx is the worst frame, you are actually showing us you don't know how to play her. You know what her skills do, but not how to use them correctly. There is a huge difference.

I guess you simply roamed around using the skills at random, hoping for miracles that would unable the enemies from hitting you. That, my friend, doesn't happen with any frame.

I suggest you to take a deep breath, get Nyx again and use it the correct way. If you do it, the only thing about her you will not like is the Psychic Bolts being hard to use indoors.

Oh my God... I see DERebecca crying while reading this thread.

I've just completed a Tover III Survival mission with Nyx, ALONE. I did it for 20 minutes and the only reason I went to extraction was that I had to go. Disagree at all, but respect your own opinion.

I'd like to chime in here given that nyx is my main.

Nyx doesn't do enough damage? OP, you're doing it wrong. Nyx is about dominating the enemy from within. If you like tactical, agile gunplay heavy play...power while still being challenged...nobody does it better.

End of story.

Edited by notionphil

She is an anti-infested Warframe, and given the current absence of Infested from matchmaking missions kind of hurts her if you want to play her with other people with whom you have a decent connection. All of her abilities work really great against the Infested though. I agree that her first power overlaps way too much with her third ability and is absolutely worthless. Psychic bolts are pretty good, and Chaos is now a better CC than Bastille. As for her ultimate, Absorb, I think you need to try increasing the range and damage and installing a Fleeting Expertise. It cuts down the amount of time you spend hanging in the air, and makes it actually useable. If her first ability was something like a meditation skill that returned some health (but is interruptible if you do it in combat) it might make her a bit your taste. I am not sure what I want to see, but Mind Control needs to be revisited.

i'll give you this:

when i used Psychic Bolts, i found i could aim them and make them go around walls and sh*t if i used Fine Aim. 

that was freaking cool. 

the power itself is not useful, but being able to aim that like cluster artillery was awesome.

further than that, Physic Bolts is useless in almost every situation unfortunately, and the other 3 powers are some of the best that exist in the game.

i wouldn't even call Nyx balanced, since she can singlehandedly stop an entire Enemy battalion in it's tracks. but it's acceptable in the meantime.

I'd love to see Absorb transformed into a snowglobe like effect, except it repels enemies walking into it and explodes at the end of the duration for huge damage, allowing your allies to have some make-shift cover while also controlling the flow of the fight, which is what Nyx is all about, disruption and misdirection.

And maybe make Psychic Bolts ragdoll their targets, that's all I'd change on her. And the only reason I say change Absorb at all is because of how weird it is mushed into her frame design. Mind-control and mass hysteria don't exactly say meditating monk to me.

i'll give you this:

when i used Psychic Bolts, i found i could aim them and make them go around walls and sh*t if i used Fine Aim. 

that was freaking cool. 

the power itself is not useful, but being able to aim that like cluster artillery was awesome.

further than that, Physic Bolts is useless in almost every situation unfortunately, and the other 3 powers are some of the best that exist in the game.

i wouldn't even call Nyx balanced, since she can singlehandedly stop an entire Enemy battalion in it's tracks. but it's acceptable in the meantime.

But... but... but....

There is no way to spam the '4' button...

No way to be a hallway hero...

The frame HAS to be bad if you cannot spam the '4' button to win.

Right?

(FYI, being sarcastic)

Edited by Kalenath

How you do that, if you don't mind me asking?

Absorb.  Since it takes in all the damage you would have been dealt and then deals that to everything in range when it goes off you can end up with some stageringly large numbers against high level enemies.  It's particularly effective against infested because they will swarm you in melee rather than shooting at range.

chaos is bad cuz you dont get exp from chaosed enemy kills.

Mind control is a bit too short AND vulnerable to friendly fire  - it should be immune to damage from friendly targets. Also cancel when you use skill again while its active.

Absorb needs more range. 10m is pathetic. 15m at least.

bolts cost too much.

Absorb.  Since it takes in all the damage you would have been dealt and then deals that to everything in range when it goes off you can end up with some stageringly large numbers against high level enemies.  It's particularly effective against infested because they will swarm you in melee rather than shooting at range.

Yeah, I got it is with Absorb and all that, I know Nyx's skills. What I was asking is in what conditions you can make that much damage. I mean, build, against what, do you need help from other friends's frames...?

I'd like to add my input into this. I've recently starting using Nyx as a replacement for my Frost. I've built her up with 5 Forma (one for the Aura sadly) as below:

b0sn.jpg

She has 820 Health and Shields. I could swap out one of her Range mods for Armour easily enough. I only use Chaos and Absorb (not seeing the point of #1 and reading no positive feedback anywhere with regards to #2). Her energy cost is lowered, her range is 90% bigger and duration is 73% longer. In all of the missions I've been in I have thoroughly enjoyed her as a new frame. I can cover my allies with Chaos, or Absorb (and give essentially a new Snowglobe), I can tank more than few hits myself and cover all bases. I use a Penta to deal the majority of my damage, Tysis as a secondary DD/Debuffer and finally building up a Dakra Prime for melee (used to have Hate). My primary position is to stand somewhere that I scan scan the battlefield and pinpoint trouble spots, and neutralize those spots - whether through firepower or abilities.

I honestly have yet to see a situation where she hasn't been useful. Both her #3 and #4 scale as many have said and can instantly turn around any situation. I will note that I have seen enemies under Chaos drop items when they have been killed, and let's be honest here - once they're Chaos'd they tend to become dog-meat within a few seconds once their attention turns to each other so the exp loss tends to be quite small if your team is effective at killing quickly.

Absorb, I built Nyx with defence in mind. I wanted a bigger, longer lasting Absorb to cover my team and the pod (I play Defence a lot) for bad situations. If my team wipes out the enemy during Absorb it's not a problem to me (just my own opinion, I'm aware it would annoy some players).

In the end, it all comes down to play style. There are a range of different styles here, some will be to your taste whilst others won't be. It took me 5 frames before I settled on Nyx after Frost (Rhino - I enjoyed but wanted something that could cover my team a bit better rather than just Stomp, Zephyr - Did enjoy Turbulence but just couldn't get into her, Volt - loved the shield and zapping #1 but more offensive than defensive for me, EmberP - Pure offensive and just not my style, then Nyx). I don't at all believe she needs a re-work (other than to sort out her #1, #2) nor would call her useless. I'd be curious to know how you were using her? She is really one of the few frames whose powers defy the scaling problem, and as such cannot be "outclassed" by other powers.

Actually, Mind Control comes in handy if you're playing infested/void missions and want to provide healing via Ancients.  Other than that, it's pretty 'meh' when Chaos is available.

How do you do that, if you don't mind me asking?

Keep in mind this is high level ODD

1. Have a Nova sitting high up, spamming Antimatter Drop into Nyx's Absorb.

2. Have two other people shooting Ogris'/Pentas into Nyx's Absorb

- Antimater Drop ball will get damage from the Ogris'/Pentas

3. Get 400,000 damage on the antimatter drops (as Nova)

4. When Nyx blows up, everything dies

(I was nova so I know that I was getting the 400,000s. The person that was Nyx was claiming to the 15,000,000. Even if that was not true, everything was being insta-killed at wave 100)

Edit: I just want to add that at the end of the round, I only had 12% of the damage.

Edited by DrBorris

I'd like to add my input into this. I've recently starting using Nyx as a replacement for my Frost. I've built her up with 5 Forma (one for the Aura sadly) as below:

b0sn.jpg

She has 820 Health and Shields. I could swap out one of her Range mods for Armour easily enough. I only use Chaos and Absorb (not seeing the point of #1 and reading no positive feedback anywhere with regards to #2). Her energy cost is lowered, her range is 90% bigger and duration is 73% longer. In all of the missions I've been in I have thoroughly enjoyed her as a new frame. I can cover my allies with Chaos, or Absorb (and give essentially a new Snowglobe), I can tank more than few hits myself and cover all bases. I use a Penta to deal the majority of my damage, Tysis as a secondary DD/Debuffer and finally building up a Dakra Prime for melee (used to have Hate). My primary position is to stand somewhere that I scan scan the battlefield and pinpoint trouble spots, and neutralize those spots - whether through firepower or abilities.

I honestly have yet to see a situation where she hasn't been useful. Both her #3 and #4 scale as many have said and can instantly turn around any situation. I will note that I have seen enemies under Chaos drop items when they have been killed, and let's be honest here - once they're Chaos'd they tend to become dog-meat within a few seconds once their attention turns to each other so the exp loss tends to be quite small if your team is effective at killing quickly.

Absorb, I built Nyx with defence in mind. I wanted a bigger, longer lasting Absorb to cover my team and the pod (I play Defence a lot) for bad situations. If my team wipes out the enemy during Absorb it's not a problem to me (just my own opinion, I'm aware it would annoy some players).

In the end, it all comes down to play style. There are a range of different styles here, some will be to your taste whilst others won't be. It took me 5 frames before I settled on Nyx after Frost (Rhino - I enjoyed but wanted something that could cover my team a bit better rather than just Stomp, Zephyr - Did enjoy Turbulence but just couldn't get into her, Volt - loved the shield and zapping #1 but more offensive than defensive for me, EmberP - Pure offensive and just not my style, then Nyx). I don't at all believe she needs a re-work (other than to sort out her #1, #2) nor would call her useless. I'd be curious to know how you were using her? She is really one of the few frames whose powers defy the scaling problem, and as such cannot be "outclassed" by other powers.

I prefer fleeting expertise to let me recast more, which ensures any late arrivals get the C and lets me get that stun off more. I keep MC and don't use overextended, and currently have continuity instead of constitution, since I haven't dumped any forma in yet.

Just ended easily with Nyx a 40 min survival on pluto with just one other fella.

When well used, she's the master of the battlefield.

But her playstyle is unique. I understand that some people may not enjoy it.

Just don't play her if you don't like her playstyle.

However, it is your right to give your own feedback, and i respect that.

Nyx doesn't fit your expectations, fine. Find another one who will.

Have a nice game, Tenno!

(I was nova so I know that I was getting the 400,000s. The person that was Nyx was claiming to the 15,000,000. Even if that was not true, everything was being insta-killed at wave 100)

Wooo, nice. Thanks for the tip!

Its Nova doing damage, Absorb has no multiplier. 15,000,000 is most likely a bug, just like 100,000,000 Vectis screenshot