Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid And Castanas Fix

FyreNForget

The "Horid Torid" name should end and some buffs should be made to it to make it on pair with Ogris and Penta or at-least new mods made to alter how its played so it can stay in the game. With it being just gas we need:

1. Bigger Cloud (current is big enough for maybe 2 guys) maybe have firestorm work for this mod too

2. Recommend sticky vapor (you shoot a cloud in from of then and they run right though it only taking 2 dots? need to add sickness automatically and continue dots for a longer time)

3. It has a massive reload and small clip for only a dot item either lower the clip a bunch or make it no clip or something

As for Castanas they are a fun weapon but they do need some work on as well:

1. They need impact damage (when you throw them they hit a guy and ....nothing even pent does damage when you hit them with grenade and no explode yet)

2. explosion is decent for it being a secondary but i do wish for further mods to increase(there is one for almost every other explosive weapon)

3. they remind me alot like despair and kunai but still only 2 clip? can we increase even if its like to 5? others have like 10+. even when using max clip mods only barely hit 5

I agree.  

Sadly, the Torid is a shotgun right now.  Increase the gas radius and bring back the self damage.  Buff the damage and add that risk vs reward factor.

The Castanas are too inconsistent.  Either add impact or increase the blast radius.  I'm fine with the small clip as long as they have the power to make up for it.

I enjoy using both of these weapons, I'd definitely like to see them become a bit more viable.

I've been suggesting they make the torid be a lot more spray-y, by giving it a larger clip size or 20-30 and making it automatic, basically a 40mm grenade launcher, while heavily reducing the impact damage, but letting you put a lot of clouds everywhere, turning it into an area denial weapon of "move through here and lose most of your health, stay here and die" proportions even at high levels.

Torid is my favorite weapon, and I got a ton of kills with it, here's what I think it needs.

Bigger magazine, and same reload speed as the penta. At least 8 shots per magazine.

With that alone, this weapon can get on par with the other launchers.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a bigger cloud or more base firerate instead, but I tell you what, If you ad all of this at once, I feel it would get overpowered, because the direct hit damage this thing has is insane enough.

Then again, I think Penta is overpowered anyways, so, I won't complain if Torid gets overbuffed.

The Castanas I think are really good and need no changes. Maybe a bit too good.

Edit: Think about the mods, if you get more castanas per mag, plus multishot, you won't even be able to use them anyways, due to the max of 6 deployed limit.

Edited by tahrox

The "Horid Torid" name should end and some buffs should be made to it to make it on pair with Ogris and Penta or at-least new mods made to alter how its played so it can stay in the game. With it being just gas we need:

1. Bigger Cloud (current is big enough for maybe 2 guys) maybe have firestorm work for this mod too

2. Recommend sticky vapor (you shoot a cloud in from of then and they run right though it only taking 2 dots? need to add sickness automatically and continue dots for a longer time)

3. It has a massive reload and small clip for only a dot item either lower the clip a bunch or make it no clip or something

As for Castanas they are a fun weapon but they do need some work on as well:

1. They need impact damage (when you throw them they hit a guy and ....nothing even penta does damage when you hit them with grenade and no explode yet)

2. explosion is decent for it being a secondary but i do wish for further mods to increase(there is one for almost every other explosive weapon)

3. they remind me alot like despair and kunai but still only 2 clip? can we increase even if its like to 5? others have like 10+. even when using max clip mods only barely hit 5

For Castanas, the third idea is not useful due to the multishot mods and the max deployed limit. But everything else looks fine to me.

They should at first get rid of the sprint bug for the castanas through.

Sadly, the Torid is a shotgun right now.  Increase the gas radius and bring back the self damage.  Buff the damage and add that risk vs reward factor.

its basically a weak beanbag launcher with some gassy effects.

it badly needs an update to be on par with its dmg1.0 performance which even then was only useable because it had armor ignore and the elements 100% worked, so ppl pretty much always equipped cold for slows.

now tho its got nothing going for it at all, even in the hands of vaubans firing into his vortex its still far too weak.

its basically a weak beanbag launcher with some gassy effects.

it badly needs an update to be on par with its dmg1.0 performance which even then was only useable because it had armor ignore and the elements 100% worked, so ppl pretty much always equipped cold for slows.

now tho its got nothing going for it at all, even in the hands of vaubans firing into his vortex its still far too weak.

I beg to differ about the Torid being a weak beanbag weapon, as I have potato'd and catalyzed mine. I have never had as much fun with any other gun in the game. While it does need a slight buff, it needs nothing more than better mod interaction and an updated visual to make this weapon shine. While it isn't great at long-range, it does considerable damage given you can consistantly hit things.

That being said, nearly all weapons that have a single elemental damage type, and no basic damage types are surprisingly underwhelming. Even the Lanka, a clan-tech sniper that does pure electric damage and 5m punch-through is extremely weak. Barely even matching the damage of the grinlok, latron, vulkar, and vectis even with a catalyst, it's made even worse by the projectile travel time, making shots harder to hit.

And the Torid suffers from this same issue. While it doesn't have the problem of ammo efficiency as most projectile weapons, it lacks the raw damage that other heavy launchers bring to the table. Equivalent damage potential as the penta, but only if the target is hit/stands in the Area of Effect. 

Simply put: It's the big brother of the Acrid

Everything is fine with current castanas,

Maybe if it need o be fixed I'd suggest for 6 magazine ammo...

That would broaden castanas capability/build

Either u build it for stun,single throw(for 6 mag no need for reload twice/3 times just to throw 6 ammo)

Or power build(full multishots,less throw but more powerful dmg/throw)

And pls fix the accuracy between right hand and left hand,make it shot on same spot...

And again I suggest about self dmg,pls make self dmg that actually kill us,is only able to make our health to 1 for several seconds...so there's no accident death...because unintended death is annoying especially on solo...

about castanas:

considering that fire rate comes with the second multishot mod, it's not even as much of a "secret" there, it's the reload mod that's the most important unusual factor

either way, the 100% elec proc rate, ability to stick to anything, remote detonation, plus the absurd innate speed means that the castanas are just fine as they are now

Edited by weirdee

I agree partially.  I don't believe Castanas need a larger radius.  You can already throw 4 and if you spread the 4 out you will cause an electric chain reaction.  Doing that creates a large radius, try it out on Corpus and Infested.  Also Castanas are probably one of the fastest weapons to level up due to its radius after igniting.  

Slap on Max Hornet/Lethal/Barrel and look at the chain damage.....

The only thing I would see as a buff is not having Multi-Shot mods effect how many Casties you can have out.  I haven't fully tested out this theory but for some odd reason when I add Lethal.T I can only throw 2 casties at a time.

self damage : no thanks ^^

I'd love to see the self-damage back. I'd love to see collateral damage. I'd even love the idea of friendly fire on both ends. The braindead "we run around and keep the left mouse button down" game would be spiced up a little like that. Yes, now people will counter with the "but trolls...!" argument. I still keep my point of saying self damage is a good thing. No need to punish your team if you blow yourself up. But by all means, let us blow ourselves up.

Other than that, I agree with the people who mentioned the Castanas are more or less fine, stat wise. Slightly higher magazine size would be nice.

And please DE, give Torid some love, for Lotus' sake :(

I'd love to see the self-damage back. I'd love to see collateral damage. I'd even love the idea of friendly fire on both ends. The braindead "we run around and keep the left mouse button down" game would be spiced up a little like that. Yes, now people will counter with the "but trolls...!" argument. I still keep my point of saying self damage is a good thing. No need to punish your team if you blow yourself up. But by all means, let us blow ourselves up.

I think alot of people would be upset if teamkilling was added