The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Excalibur Really The First Warframe?

Zinthir

Excalibur was the first *Orokin* Warframe. Note that the prototypes made by the time of Dark Sector are prototypes, so the first finalized and complete frame was made by the Orokin.

Before the Orokin there probably wasn't Warframes of any description at all. It is difficult to justify going out on a limb and saying Warframe technology existed before the Tenno did without further details. After all, based on Excalibur's scrap of lore, one would assume the Warframes were specifically made for the purpose of containing a Tenno.

The Proto-suit only really adds to the lore in the extent that.

"Oh hey, check this out. We found an artifact that predates the Orokin Empire that has startlingly similar qualities to a Warframe. Here, we refitted it for use by a Tenno."

Because that is essentially the significance the skin has - if any at all. (because Cosmetic skins in Online games don't typically fall into lore.)

But this isn't weird. Combat suit technology similar to Warframes isn't incredibly farfetched. It may become true that ALL Orokin soldiers wore special combat suits and that Warframes were simply the 'Ultimate suit' for the ultimate soldiers the Tenno turned out to be.

Just so: Dark Sector lore is not in any way connected to Warframe lore. They are entirely separate, and any similarities are irrelevant, as made clear by those who make/made both games.

In Warframe, Excalibur is confirmed as the first warframe in the official Codex. So he is the first.

You are incorrect, it has been confirmed by the devs that dark sector is warframes ancient past. Despite the refusal of some people to accept this. That being said the Exosuits in dark sector are not warframes. Whatever they are they are different. Excalibur was the first warframe but not the first Tenno. Edited by NevanChambers

the lore in this warframe-darksector game is totally messed up and the devs don't actually give a dam about it. 

better just play and kill stuff and enjoy the gameplay. or just make your own story of the whole game. lol its better that way.

Ohhhhh for the love of....!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/

[DE]Megan

Warframe Lore

It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked. Stay tuned for more!

Try to Joss that

Edited by Kao-Snake

Ohhhhh for the love of....!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/

[DE]Megan

Warframe Lore

It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked. Stay tuned for more!

Try to Joss that

While Warframe and DS may be related in Lore, one could assume that Warframe happens SO far out into the future that we can no longer feel the effects of DS. Also, while it may be true that Hayden was the first "Tenno", his proto-suit can hardly be considered a Warframes. Comparing Hayden's suit to a Warframe is like comparing a bow to a gun. While both shoot things, and the bow did come first, it doesn't make it a gun, even if they are somewhat related.

I guess I should chime in here with a wild theory for this sort.

Now my wild theory with this starts with a idea that Dark Sector and Warframe are in the same universe but in a different dimension making the void the tunnel that connects both them. Just a wild theory.

Excalibur is the first frame the Orokin built.

While Warframe and DS may be related in Lore, one could assume that Warframe happens SO far out into the future that we can no longer feel the effects of DS. Also, while it may be true that Hayden was the first "Tenno", his proto-suit can hardly be considered a Warframes. Comparing Hayden's suit to a Warframe is like comparing a bow to a gun. While both shoot things, and the bow did come first, it doesn't make it a gun, even if they are somewhat related.

Thats is what I'm saying: DS and WF are related but the acts of DS does NOT affect the WF universe. Hayden is remembered as the first TENNO, the Proto-Skin is not the first WARFRAME, but aside from that, there is nothing more.

Primes were the prototypes. They're probably referring to the complete model.

well, I prefer to think Primes were the first ones created by the Orokin, the normal ones as the ones crafted latter (mass produced?), because if you say the Primes are prototypes, how come the "final product" is worse than the prototype?

Primes were the prototypes. They're probably referring to the complete model.

Primes are original, mass produced versions, not prototypes. The normal frames are the Tenno-made knockoffs.

Think of it like LEGOs and Megabloks. One came before the other, is slightly higher quality, but both are equally finished products.

There's a difference between the suits that Nemesis and Hayden used and the Tenno we are today. We get our powers from the Void while theirs were the result of the Technocyte. We're a COMPLETELY different generation from them, and so Excalibur's lore treats them as such.

Hayden Tenno Existed. 

Excalibur was the first "Tenno" after him. What is a Tenno? A individual who fights with fighting styles inspired by Hayden Tenno. They took his name as their label in Honour of him... Must mean something. 

Probably after Dark sector Hayden Tenno went off to change the world and start a warrior cult. Who knows? 

Also not to DE bash... but where is the lore we were promised... We still have sweet nothing for the universe building outside of tiny snap shots. 

Edited by MDRLOz

well, I prefer to think Primes were the first ones created by the Orokin, the normal ones as the ones crafted latter (mass produced?), because if you say the Primes are prototypes, how come the "final product" is worse than the prototype?

I think the Tenno themselves were the ones to build the non-Prime variants (rather than have them mass produced by the Orokin as it kinda sounds like you're saying, sorry if I'm wrong) as their numbers increased during the War of the Sentients (birds and the bees and all). All in all, though, I do agree with you.

Primes are original, mass produced versions, not prototypes. The normal frames are the Tenno-made knockoffs.

Think of it like LEGOs and Megabloks. One came before the other, is slightly higher quality, but both are equally finished products.

Actually were both kinda wrong.

Livestream #5

Are there any lore-related differences between the prime warframes and the original versions? (9:33)

Plans are to have the prime warframes gain bonuses when deployed to their native regions, which will also be applied to the rest of the squad. The original warframes were created by the Tenno, while the primes are the original versions built by the Orokin. The developers don’t want to make the original frames obsolete; the bonuses will be minor, and only applicable within that prime’s Orokin space

So I wouldn't say they were mass production, but the leggo/mega block thing kinda makes some sense.

So now I'm slightly confused by the bold area.

You are incorrect, it has been confirmed by the devs that dark sector is warframes ancient past. Despite the refusal of some people to accept this. That being said the Exosuits in dark sector are not warframes. Whatever they are they are different. Excalibur was the first warframe but not the first Tenno.

When I posted that a month ago, I was correct.

The Proto skin, and consequently DE's inability or unwillingness to stick to one side or the other when it comes to this, were nonexistent back then.

Said before Nemesis maybe the first suit seen but its still unknown in Dark Sector which suit was created first but just the names give it away Excalibur Proto Nemesis is just Nemesis no type of real name was given to that suit besides that there never was a Nemesis Proto so i would guess Excalibur Proto was the first created. 

Excalibur was the first Warframe, Nemesis (nicknamed by players) or rather Nadia Sulec if I am not wrong, weared the first proto-suit, although we don't know which proto-suit in Dark Sector(Nemesis or Excalibur one) was the first one created. 

When I posted that a month ago, I was correct.

The Proto skin, and consequently DE's inability or unwillingness to stick to one side or the other when it comes to this, were nonexistent back then.

Holy moly, I was unaware this topic was that old, apologies. Should have looked at the dates. There are however still people around insisting that they still aren't connected.

One day I'm going to go back and watch the livestreams and see if they really were that inconsistent. The one thing that sticks out in my mind was Sheldon answering a question with something to the effect of "warframe and dark sector are not connected" that's the part everyone quoted but they miss the very next word he said which was "yet". Which I'll admit could have gotten lost in the flurry of activity that happened immediately after. Also the thing I'm remembering might not have happened.

Dern-it now I need to go find that episode.

Edited by NevanChambers

Excalibur Prime was the first? But what about Excalibur wouldn't he be the first? Excalibur Prime is the last form of his frame or you're saying Excalibur Prime later turn into Excalibur because both codexs our the same both being called the first Warframes as in they are the same person story wouldn't be right if they was two different people/Warframes that's just what i think.  And true they was never Warframes just technocyte suits they didn't have that tech at Vozro Research Facility back in 1987 just the technocyte virus.

Yes, Excalibur [Prime] was the first warframe. The Dark Sector Proto Warframe wasn't a warframe. Neither was the Nemesis suit. They functioned kinda similar, but they weren't "Warframes".