The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Music Preview!

[DE]George

That's all nice ,but what I would like to know is if we ever have an option to replace the music with our own? A good example example would be a folder named "Infested" where we can put our own music and Warframe will play that music during infested missions.  Something akin what Skyrim or GW2 did.

I think metal clangs and collisions sound really good integrated into music about such a militaristic clone army hellbent on taking over known space.

http://youtu.be/Ldvw_fwrEdY

The bass from this particular song isn't really apparent unless you're listening through a proper listening device. It's oppressive and eerie at the same time. I think it'd be suitable music for some kind of Grineer slums.

Now that this is in the game... I am extremely disappointed.

It's a great bit of music, yet:

- You gave it the same treatment as all of the other music in the game, and tossed it into the "generic pre-mission screen" where it isn't needed.

- The preview is the actual song. It literally cuts off at pretty much the same point.

- The game still doesn't have any more true background music than it did before the update. No boss battle music? Nothing?

To all of you downing this music, screw off ya?
The sound team took time to work on this and you're dissing their hard work.
I'd like to see ya'll make the kind of music their doing in the time limits and constraints they do.

Now, Positive time.  I enjoyed it!
My Idea for Corpus would be a technological, gear grinding kind of BGM.
and My Idea for Infestation would something fleshy and organic sounding BGM.

Maybe even an added idea for individual boss music?

Grineer
Capt. Vor - Electric steel drum sounds?
Sargus Ruk - Firey guitars?
Kela De Thyam - Heavy drums?
Lt. Lech Kril & Capt. Vor - Deep bass and the electric steel drums?
Tyl Regor - Heavy metal?
Vay Hek - Slow drums that turn to fast Shamisen?

Corpus
Alad V & Zanuka - Grindy Techno?
Ambulas - Grungy EDM?
Hyena Pack - Taiko Drums, Shamisen, Techno and Guitars?
Jackal - (personally I'd like 8bit/16bit megaman boss music, but..) Maybe some drum and bass sounds?
Raptor - Drums and EDM
Sgt. Nef Anyo - Thunderous drums and grungy techno

Infested
Phorid - Taiko drums and grunge metal
Lephantis - (MOTHER BRAIN MUSIC!!) nah.. hmm.. maybe some ominous dark drums and hearbeat sounding music?

Just my ideas I'm throwing out there ^^;;

I cant wait to hear this, hopefully there will be boss music, like the one thing the vey hek boss fight truly missed was the music used in the vey hek transmission! Anyone can tell me if they mean actual new in game music? i heard that preview in game now and its only used in menu's. I Really cant wait, this game is getting better every week/month, wish more devs took pride in their game like this!

Edited by Joshikamako

I love how the drums beat in marching rhythm. It's really giving the listener that Grineer army feels.

It's like... make a random player hear this without saying the title and then ask him what did he think of it, he'd may make an impression of Lotus and say: It's the Grineer...

This snippet and the piece you hear during the mission dioramas is actually over 3 minutes long.  There is also an additional 2 separate pieces that were written for the Grineer.  We do intend for these pieces to play during missions.  That will happen.  The new music system (for in-game missions) we have been working on is coming together nicely and should be ready for an upcoming update.  It was not quite ready for update 13 unfortunately.

Trust me, we also want to play the game with this music in the missions.  It will happen! 

This snippet and the piece you hear during the mission dioramas is actually over 3 minutes long.  There is also an additional 2 separate pieces that were written for the Grineer.  We do intend for these pieces to play during missions.  That will happen.  The new music system (for in-game missions) we have been working on is coming together nicely and should be ready for an upcoming update.  It was not quite ready for update 13 unfortunately.

Trust me, we also want to play the game with this music in the missions.  It will happen! 

Ah, this is great news! Thanks!

Keep up the good work XD

It'd be nice if U14 was focused entirely on improving animations, physics, music and fixes/true polishing.

I would welcome that.

I miss the simple drums.

They became exceptionally dull and tedious. Constantly hearing the same drums. They stopped building any atmosphere, not to mention it didn't have much of a theme tune to it. Warframe needs a theme tune. 

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time since new music has been put into the game.  A lot of you have also been asking when we will get new music in the game in various forum posts.  Well, I am happy to announce that we have a new set of Grineer music coming your way! 

As some of you already know, we have been reworking the way music plays in the game engine from a code standpoint.  We want the music in the game to feel more dynamic and less repetitive.  We are still working on some of this, but it is in fact closer than ever.

In the past we have tried to make each faction have their own musical “themes” with varying results.  But with this new set you will definitely only hear certain themes and instruments used for certain enemy factions (i.e. Grineer music will sound different than Corpus music, etc).  With that being said, the first new set of music going into the game will be for the Grineer and we have included a short sample of what it will sound like below to whet your appetite.

So... Hang In There, New Music Is Imminent™ 

DE_George.

https://soundcloud.com/warframedev/new-grineer-music-preview

Whenever I followed that link I wasn't too fond of the 1st track I heard, but the "Be Convinced" track is amazing. I've never heard such a crazy tuned song. Thumbs up!