Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith: Disappointing?

Ragnus4

i'm finding it to be fun to combine the past  two event mods with this. Corrosive damage is an absolute bastard and it stacks. 55% status chance and a 90 bullet clip. No one survives when they are reduced to 0 armor.

Edited by Wehe

I think it needs a small buff is all, bring it's damage up to 30 and it's crit mult up to 2.0x

This buff wouldn't make it the best weapon ever or anything but it would bring it "in line" with other weapons of it's kind without surpassing them.

it doesnt deserve any buffs, its a minor improved gorgon, not a new weapon thats meant to be awesome, its basically a free giveaway weapon, its not like we worked hard for it.

i'm finding it to be fun to combine the past  two event mods with this. Corrosive damage is an absolute bastard and it stacks. 55% status chance and a 90 bullet clip. No one survives when they are reduced to 0 armor.

Yes, and thats what people dont realise. Iv only got it to 16 and testing on lvl35 heavy gunners it does more damage with each proc, noticed twice more on the last bullets then the first. Ammo runs out pretty fast tho, feels more like Grakkata lol. Should be very viable high-level weapon with 4 formas in it,

Yes, and thats what people dont realise. Iv only got it to 16 and testing on lvl35 heavy gunners it does more damage with each proc, noticed twice more on the last bullets then the first. Ammo runs out pretty fast tho, feels more like Grakkata lol. Should be very viable high-level weapon with 4 formas in it,

It isn't, the Grakata is a better proc wep, the Soma is a better dps wep. It was good for a freebie, but it's a slight improvement on a bad gun.

It isn't, the Grakata is a better proc wep, the Soma is a better dps wep. It was good for a freebie, but it's a slight improvement on a bad gun.

But it's a better sustained dps weapon than the grakata, and a better Procc weapon than the soma. 

It's the balanced option between the two. 

Gorgon Wraith was upsetting some. IT should have more puncture damage and slash than the original. Might as well use the original for better results. Don't turn event rewards into PS2 Platinum weapons where they have basically no difference in effectiveness. The blandness will become noticeable.

Would you rather sit and dance around a tier two enemy napalm trying to kill him? I mean we are limited on mods as it is already, and cutting through enemies at tier 2 is difficult enough with just the normal mod set. Beginners, and veterans starting to see the pattern of reliance on the SOMA, and well known weaponry. So, you mean to tell me we can't have a actual good tier weapon? I hesitate to think that it takes 3 full clips nearly to kill a level 22 heavy thats 180 rounds. Be damned to put a rifle mutation on this weapon, I can't even get Tier 2 grade work out of it for the hassle of eating nearly 1/3 of my rounds on one tier 2 target. With Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Hellfire. So, with just that figured out I am relying on status effects that don't even scale damage wise with enemies or stack?

This definitely is a challenge (sarcastically said) considering that we don't have much of a option of how to kill our enemies without freaking dying in 3 shots unless your a tank, or damage output (or CC control) at tier 2 to 3 level. Please tell me to use my abilities, which have really no CC or damage ability really. I can't erase them off the map persay. I can't pressure point attack them to kill them faster. So, what does that leave me with. Damage basically, so I must do enough damage to kill my target. If the weapon doesn't scale and if the element effects don't stack. It really isn't worth worrying about proc rate anyways. IT does so little to the enemy it tickles them for the most part.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Gorgon Wraith was upsetting some. IT should have more puncture damage and slash than the original. Might as well use the original for better results. Don't turn event rewards into PS2 Platinum weapons where they have basically no difference in effectiveness. The blandness will become noticeable.

try looking at the braton vs braton prime and laugh at those dmg stat changes, the so called "prime" is not a braton prime its a Mk1 Braton Prime and overall a piss poor result when your expecting a superior braton instead you get something pretty lame.

Came with a slot. Came with a tater. Came with a custom, awesome skin.  Sounds great.   We really don't need another Soma people...

Yeah. 

It's obviously better, if everyone runs arround with a Soma. Do not even dare to think about individuality.

^ this, basically the gorgons taking the middle point between soma and grakata, and im assuming like other event weapons like brakk that the new gorg.wraith is also a mastery 0 requirement?   if it is then that makes it another + point and good enough as it is.

DE should have made it more accurate or make it do much more damage. What we have now is cool sounding gun with a nice black and red coloring. 

And really, that's all I was expecting.  Remember the screams of NEEEEEERRRRRRFFFF! the poor Strun Wraith got, and didn't deserve?  Well, after that debacle, I've realized that don't expect anything given for 'free' (Despite the grinding I had to do) to be any good.  Ever.

The fact that it's slightly better than a base Gorgon, makes me cry with joy.  Really.  Because I keep my expectations low.  It's the only way to not be disappointed.

Took my unranked gorgon wraith to varo and did nicely against level 25 grineer.

Appears to have a shorter spool and a bit better accuracy and less noticeable recoil.

never liked the gorgon, found it to be a sad grind, but I may keep this.

corrosive doesn't stack...all elements do not stack fyi. Even status effects don't stack what are YOU talking about, which has limited effectiveness.

I like how mediocre weapons satisfy people, and how everyone likes to "Look" like they have something rather than be effective. People say make it a challenge but I see players with all the traps and enemies in place run, after 10 mins of being inside any mission to the exit.

We need weapons to be freaking effective. Since, procs don't stack whats the point of worrying about pretty little effects other than viral/corrosive? I am tired of rolling through my inventory looking at the same 4-6 weapons that make since to equip on missions. Tired of having to rely on my secondary to kill enemies. My primary is called a primary for a reason. It is supposed to do more damage than my secondary. The reasoning is astounding how limited we want weapons to be so no one "Looks" like they are self sufficient. IDK, thats just from a non-bais perspective on how we as a community are seeing weapons. Non-effective look goodies.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

corrosive doesn't stack...all elements do not stack fyi. Even status effects don't stack what are YOU talking about, which has limited effectiveness.

It's just Viral that doesn't stack. Corrosive only works on armored target and the dot does nothing to ALL un-armored targets. The random people on the wiki, still come up with corrosive still stacking http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive Last time I tested corrosive it was stackable.

Edit: I tested this today on a Heavy Napalm and Corrosive does stack. The damage went from 45 --> 56--> 68, I have screenshots if needed. It doesn't show the icon of the corrosive stack it simple lowers armor (as far as I know it never wears off). It is very annoying to test this because I sold my trinity, but it only takes a level 30 heavy Grineer to verify this yourself. Use the two event mods on a Latron prime or a Tysis.

I like how mediocre weapons satisfy people, and how everyone likes to "Look" like they have something rather than be effective. People say make it a challenge but I see players with all the traps and enemies in place run, after 10 mins of being inside any mission to the exit.

Gorgon Wraith looks cool and sounds cool, and that's about it. I am not going to 'qq' over a weapon that was basically effortless to acquire. However, it is fairly weak and I doubt I would use for anything hard.

Edit2: I wanted a Gorgon Wraith and now I have one. Thank you DE!

Edited by LazyKnight

You described yourself as not being satisfied and you cite the gun's stats as the reason why. Also, loving how people think things can't be OP in a PvE game. JUST LOVE IT.

You sound like you got a little case of the "mad". Do you want some tea or something? It might help calm you down =]