Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

-snip-

All that stuff you said is cute and all, pumpkin, but it isn't going to change the fact that I was a Player before I was a Moderator and that I've always had my own feedback too.

DE has never once asked me to censor my opinion. I've always been appreciative of that. I pay them back by being very honest about what I think.

So basically, get over it.

Mod is part of warbros. They just want to see conflict in general. They're like The Joker, some clans just want to see the universe burn.

My reasons for wanting to see conflict differ a bit from my Clan's, but you're more or less correct.

Because moderators aren't robots, they're people too!

Coincidentally, I'm a robot.

Mods aren't paid, they aren't robots, and they are part of the general playerbase. Albeit they are part of the playerbase that has harnessed their own butthurt and controlled their emotions so as to be unbiased and moderate the forums.  They play, they cry nerf-nova, when you stab them they bleed.  Why bring it up that he's a mod if you are for the players?

This is why I left flow in the first place

Blatantfool has, for the most part, argued in favour of Eclipse. Also, moderators are allowed to have opinions, as long as they aren't abusing their powers on people who disagree with them.

Yeah, Letter13 is the one whose posts seem to lean more towards anti-Eclipse (not meaning to call him, just saying).

Yeah, Letter13 is the one whose posts seem to lean more towards anti-Eclipse (not meaning to call him, just saying).

Though our feedback will give the appearance of us shifting in support from one side to another, we are actually all pretty neutral.

In fact, it is actually perfectly safe to say that I'm the least neutral of the Moderators and even then, I'm pretty middle-of-the-road.

I don't actively support anyone. I also don't actively condemn anyone. I just want to see the Community grow comfortable and confident with Rails and the idea of chasing your own interests and working with your clan to create an identity for everyone to build on.

This goes for all Clans and all Alliances. I don't care who does it because in the end I'd like for everyone to be able to experience it.

So I have this right, Eclipse got in first with the rails and then reneged on their promised of 0% tax because they were challenged as per the idea of the zones, they applied taxes so they could use the funds to increase the number of people fighting for them and so retain control of the zones.

In what way were Eclipse serving anyone's interest but their own? it is the taxes on people grinding their zones paying the battle pay and so maintaining Eclipse's position.

Ah but any taxes go into the vault rather than the invididuals in an allience, hmm but this is forgetting that those in control of battle pay can set the amount and when only you and your friends are taking battle pay what then?.The reasons for people posting about seeing 200k battle pay being offered by Eclipse during the community action against them become clear, certainly Eclipse has some smart guys who are just as good as real politians in extracting public funds.

So now we have Eclipse complaining about political manuvering when it is clear from their actions that they are well versed in the art of using people to their own ends, buck up you got caught so have some grace about it

No one forced Eclipse to attack a real 0% tax zone, one that truely gets nothing for their efforts and is not out use the community as a weapon to further conquests. I can only conclude that Eclipse chose to do this because they thought everyone else was too stupid to understand their methods and distain for their peers.

Are Eclipse the most powerful clan or just the sneakiest and how exactly are their methods supposed to embody the tenets of tenno? 

I think that the only solution to this problem is that DE should limit alliences to a single rail to avoid this kind of abuse and the underhand tactics that should have been beneath what a  true tenno is supposed to be about.

Edited by LeMoog

Why are people so quick to jump on hate wagons with preconceived ideas and judgment, negative attitude and insults?

Your problem is not with any alliance or clan. Your problem is with the whole Dark Sector system and with taxation. No alliance or clan implemented DS; DE did. Right now you are hating for hate itself.

Most, if not all of us, have an ingrained hatred towards taxation and monopoly. However in WF, DE introduced a system that contains taxation. If you have a problem with it, complain to DE to change it, but do not blame or fault anyone for playing within that system, whether they chose to set the tax at -50% or at +150%.

Also, no one has any monopoly over anything in DS. No one controls the majority of anything, not to mention that Dark Sectors themselves are just extra nodes that offer nothing really exclusive to make them a necessity. They are additions, or an optional game "spin" that you may partake in or not at your convenience. You can play the game absolutely and perfectly fine without setting foot into DS, exactly as you did before the DS patch.

So, really, this hate -or whatever you want to call it- is completely unfounded. Also, if you want to discuss a certain topic or voice an opinion, do it outside prejudice and mob mentality. Refrain from throwing accusations and insults. Respect others if you wish for your opinion to be respected. It is just a GAME after all, but your behavior in here is a reflection of you as a person, so make it good and make it positive. And just enjoy this game!!

In warframe, there's a 'country' that's tax free and that country is Sechura.

The "outrage" that was stirred was because of Eclipse attacking SoV's 0% tax rail, not because Eclipse has 25% tax on all their rails. It's specifically that people didn't want Sechura to go from being a 0% tax node to a 25% tax node, and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

All nodes are to be contested all of the time. No matter how benevolent and pious the controller is... it is not their node, it is OUR node

Competition and conflict

Oh buddy. Have I got news for you. I predate the Corpus by a couple hundred years man.

Fool confirmed to be Daneel Olivaw.

-

This is the second time you throw unfounded fearmongering and blatantly wrong speculation. Drop the smear campaign and start acting like a decent person.

E: Goddamnit I keep forgetting I can't delete my doubleposts! Edited by Blatantfool
merged posts

I love this. I love all of this so much. This crazy solar war has renewed my love of this game. I want to see more blood.

Yes this is what this game desperately needs.

People need a reason to fight for 0 battlepay.

Eclipse and perhaps other future alliance power houses will continue to give them the reason for that well.

More competitiveness and rage is awesome :D

Edited by fatpig84

The only reason Eclipse got the taste slapped out of their mouths was because of incessant rabble rousing on the forums, and crappy target selection. If they had chosen the right targets in order their dream of becoming Corpus 2.0 would be progressing nicely.

Hubris is a wonderful thing to watch from the outside

The only reason Eclipse got the taste slapped out of their mouths was because of incessant rabble rousing on the forums, and crappy target selection. If they had chosen the right targets in order their dream of becoming Corpus 2.0 would be progressing nicely.

Hubris is a wonderful thing to watch from the outside

Meh SOV had 3 nodes initially, 2 which were taken away by other Clans / Alliances and they do charge em.

Unless they had given it away, but I honestly can see that the other 2 attackers don't get treatment as Eclipse.

Maybe because Eclipse had 8 so they must be evil, while the other 2 only had 1 or 2, so they are pious and righteous !

Inb4thehatetrain.

Of course if SOV gave them away willingly, that's their prerogative.

Edited by fatpig84

Lets look at the Taxes like a Pizza.

one Slice would be the equivalent of eclipse's 25% credit taxes

the rest of the 75% would be the rest of the pizza, just for you.

and depending how we see it with the 0% tax or 25% tax its either:

"You baked a whole pizza just for us?" Or "oh great, i make a pizza for you, but the moment i want a slice too, you call me greedy"

you can call the clans with all the taxes greedy, but prepare to get called greedy yourself because you get the bigger share.

thats just my thought, i myself think that resource taxes are dumb, but people please, 25% is still okayish.

hell, this debate reminds me of an exchange from Saints Row 2.

I'd just like to point out that 25% of a pizza, unless that pizza is tiny, is way more than just one slice. 

maybe everyone hates them so much because theyre trying to control the entire solar system. just like the grineer and the corpus....

BETRAYERS! THEY MUST DIEEEE

edit: can we try to be nice to eachother and let people feel their own way about stuff without having to argue a point?

Edited by T4LCOMX

Your problem is not with any alliance or clan. Your problem is with the whole Dark Sector system and with taxation. No alliance or clan implemented DS; DE did. Right now you are hating for hate itself.

Most, if not all of us, have an ingrained hatred towards taxation and monopoly. However in WF, DE introduced a system that contains taxation. If you have a problem with it, complain to DE to change it, but do not blame or fault anyone for playing within that system, whether they chose to set the tax at -50% or at +150%.

I beg to differ. Players do not have an issue with the system or DE. DE presented us with a tool. How the reigning clans choose to enforce their sovereignty and make use of that tool is where problems might/did arise.

How long can the utopian free rails remain - financially AND unchallenged? Will we collectively decide to move towards a full no tax DS? Or is that not viable? Will we find a balance of tax/no tax rails? Will warlords form boards to regulate and coordinate taxation-levels? Will we see monopoly and dictatorship? Bribes? Will the Tenno masses coup what they see as unfair expansion and taxation? Can a clan/alliance be significant enough to take and hold a rail against the will of the masses? Will we see guns for hire, campaigns, coordinated strikes and mafiaso-tendencies spring up? This is a pretty frakin' exciting social experiment we are seing unfold before us right now, truth be told! :D

I beg to differ. Players do not have an issue with the system or DE. DE presented us with a tool. How the reigning clans choose to enforce their sovereignty and make use of that tool is where problems might/did arise.

How long can the utopian free rails remain - financially AND unchallenged? Will we collectively decide to move towards a full no tax DS? Or is that not viable? Will we find a balance of tax/no tax rails? Will warlords form boards to regulate and coordinate taxation-levels? Will we see monopoly and dictatorship? Bribes? Will the Tenno masses coup what they see as unfair expansion and taxation? Can a clan/alliance be significant enough to take and hold a rail against the will of the masses? Will we see guns for hire, campaigns, coordinated strikes and mafiaso-tendencies spring up? This is a pretty frakin' exciting social experiment we are seing unfold before us right now, truth be told! :D

You are just reinforcing what I am saying, not disagreeing. I said that people should have the freedom to do what they want within the system and one should not fault them or blame them for doing what is intended from this system. And if someone has a problem with that, then they should direct their complaints to DE to change it.

Maybe you do not have an issue with the DE's system or taxes, but from what I've seen, people seem to dislike and resist taxes, at the time when the whole DS system is built with taxes in mind. Also in my opinion, if you remove the taxing system, then there is no point in rails or conflict or the whole DS concept as it stands now. Then DS might as well be converted to just a node with above-normal difficulty and bonus drops and exp.

Either way, I am fine without this whole DS ordeal, because I just want to enjoy the game without drama. But if DS is adopted by the community to enhance and add some dynamics to the WF gaming experience, then that would great, because this game really needs some change of pace (also replace the monotonous DS runs PLEASE!).

Edited by Hadronox

You are just reinforcing what I am saying, not disagreeing. I said that people should have the freedom to do what they want within the system and one should not fault them or blame them for doing what is intended from this system. And if someone has a problem with that, then they should direct their complaints to DE to change it.

But we do have quite a difference in view here. I AM saying you are within your rights to fault them! Accountability. I think the taxation tool is fine. And a tax could in most cases be well justified. I am claiming there is such a thing as accountability, both individual and collective. Just because you CAN tax someone does not mean you have to or that it is reasonable; it just means it is possible. How a rail controller chooses to exercise that option is a political, financial and moral choice, NOT a legal one - and thus not an issue to be addressed to DE. Just because you can does not mean you should or that it will be publically accepted. Everyone is accountable for their choices and actions.

Edited by Kyria