Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salad Is Dead

Amandis

He died and infested parasite is controlling his body to disguise as Alad V.

It's plan is to infect and turn every single life form into infested.

The Suspicious ships has virus spreading mechanism. There is an infested room in each ship which generates infecting virus. There is ships all over the Solar System to affect all planets.

My theory is:

He was alive, and was starting to get infected. He started to accept it as it entered his mind.

It's interesting how he still acts business-like no matter what. Guess that's all he ever knew.

Doubtful.

He is going down a road from which there will be no return. I can't help but think he'll end up as the J-V golem before it's all over.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to punching his ticket once and for all.

If we take The Profit trailer as how the fight on Jupiter actually went, then maybe when he got thrown out the window, a Corpus ship came and caught him so he wouldn't fall to his death. Then he just went on about his business and decided to sadly resort to the infestation to attempt yet another scheme. I'm sorry, but this is just so depressing and cliche. He's probably going to get consumed by the infestation, or whatever it is he's trying to create. We'll see though.

Edited by Tymerc

The Suspicious ships has virus spreading mechanism. There is an infested room in each ship which generates infecting virus. There is ships all over the Solar System to affect all planets.

Sounds like the Flood to me

We have to "Glass" any planet inhabited by infected to contain the infection

Salad is but a puppet of the Gravemind

My theory?

Alad V is the Illusive Man!

This is my theory as well.

I'm thinking that Alad V believes strongly that he's in total control, but his confidence will drive him into further madness. Without him realizing, he'd be doing the bidding of the infested by giving the theoretical hive mind some kind of voice. However, he might still never fall completely under their control due to will alone.

If the infestation had already completely overtaken Alad, I don't think it would go through the trouble of keeping his "personality" intact, even if it was in order to fool us (that's not really the infested's style, they're more of an all or nothing, brute force assimilation). For now I'm going to take it at face value that Alad only has a small amount of infestation on him (for now) and is still in complete control of himself (for now).

He's probably testing infested integration on others (like that one crewman in the center tube) before attempting to augment himself. The fact that there's also a Zanuka unit in a pocket of infested tissue worries me more than anything.

Or he was carrying Technocyte and just didn't realize it could break through glass?

Also, the corpus kind of remind me of puppets. Maybe they're just metal shells with robotic minds inside?

Edited by MorteTacere

So was Alex Mercer in Prototype...

Quick glance at the wiki on that says Alex had no memories of his former life. Alad is QUITE aware of what happened to him, and thus is completely unlike that character.

Also, WE are infested, too, so whatever oddball "it's just the virus talking" thing you have going on, remember that we've got an insane head-start on him of hundreds or thousands or millions or billions of years. So we're way more "just a virus using a puppet" than he ever could be.

Quick glance at the wiki on that says Alex had no memories of his former life. Alad is QUITE aware of what happened to him, and thus is completely unlike that character.

Also, WE are infested, too, so whatever oddball "it's just the virus talking" thing you have going on, remember that we've got an insane head-start on him of hundreds or thousands or millions or billions of years. So we're way more "just a virus using a puppet" than he ever could be.

Speaking of the virus using the infested like a puppet and possibly Alad v, we also have something puppetering US around.  Lotus.

Now, stick with me.  Maybe, just maybe Lotus is in our heads, just a different hivemind than the typical strain?  But yet it is almost the same like that original hivemind that the other infested have, just offering us 'more freedom' as long as we don't go too far off the bounds or off the leash.