Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Well, at least now they know if they buy DE, they will lose at least 80% of the current player base, and with all those negatives i'm pretty sure that after the "rework" not many players will come back, or start playing the game.

Edited by hCorv

Yes. Even if it's bad news, at least we'll know something instead of blindly panicking. Then we can breathe a sigh of relief or panic even more, depending on what is appropriate.

Devils Advocate here again :3  I honestly don't think people are "blindly panicking."  This isn't the end of world 2000 scare based on 400 year old "transulated" text and Ms. Cleo predictions.   People have hard proof on exactly why this might possibly be a bad business move.   

It's the simple fact that DE possibly EVEN considered doing business with this company..that is why people are expressing their thoughts..,,

All in all I'm just the Devil's Advocate..this isn't Ishki88 talking, Ishki is just waiting for Valkyr changes and Saryn Prime

If PWE buys DE and the playerbase doesn't flatline: They get more money.

If PWE buys DE and the playerbase flatlines: They've wiped out a competitor for what is likely a trivial sum of money.

I don't see why people think logging in/ not logging in will make a difference.

Please. Just please don't let something as great as Warframe come to such a pitiful end DE. If this does happen, you'll forever have to feel guilty for destroying such a glorious creation. Just please, I beg you, don't make a stupid decision and do this DE. PLEASE!

Edited by TheRealPast

Anybody else playing other games until we know exactly what's going to happen with Warframe?  I already have extensive first hand knowledge with STO, that's more than enough incentive not to sink any time into something that Perfect World controls.

I appreciate the impetus of the 'Sincerely Yours' letter that a number of folks have reposted. It starts swell but it hits a point at which it claims to know better about the necessary action of the devs without realizing that it is preaching to a choir that is itself probably internally panicked about the burning of the church while still being asked to sing and read the music.

In more germane terms: all of the non-executives at DE -- Rebecca, Megan, Steve, Skree, Pablo, everyone else who posts, everyone else who has shown their smiling faces and character on the Livestreams, every single human being who is in the work and craft of actually making Warframe -- are probably confronted with acute distress on this matter. It's not just We Entitled Consumers who feel anxiety on this. Rebecca has stated twice now that they (the studio proper) are awaiting word from the officials of DE the company proper on what any of this really means for Warframe and the players. Subtexted to that, and kept silent with reasonable dignity, is the fear and apprehension that the employees likely face. I imagine that none of them want to be a part of the toxic development that the community anticipates will become the method of Warframe should the worst we can imagine of PWE come to pass. The devs may feel trapped in many ways: the community demands more information and response, the business executives still hold silent, the hotfix or patch for today is still in the pipeline. For some DE may be their first real employer, and the thought of having their passion and energy subverted to a sterile generation of unloved and unloving work could be even crippling. Even others with more experience and history in the industry may face anxieties concerning their futures should it come to pass that they decide to leave the company, should it come to pass that PWE 'wins': they have families that they may have to move across country or even over borders, and may have to live in the perpetual uncertainty of unemployment, and may gnash their teeth at night as they wonder whether they should have just stayed, just toughed it out and let their spirits and humor desiccate because at least their families would be without the stress of uncertainty and change.

I ask for compassion on behalf of the DE that we know and bicker with and accost and laugh at and cheer for and love. I have no authority but I ask this anyway.

Love and hugs y'all.

Edit: accidental double-post shenanigans? o.o

Edited by CloudHush